User Reviews for Pancrelipase to treat Chronic Pancreatitis

Also known as: Creon, Zenpep, Pancreaze, Viokace, Pertzye

Pancrelipase has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis. 59% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 24% reported a negative effect.

Pancrelipase Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis.

Reviews for Pancrelipase

Beth · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 29, 2018

Creon (pancrelipase): “I lost a lot of weight and was spending my life in the bathroom. Creon has me almost back to normal. My dose varies according to what I eat and I do have to avoid fats but still eat salmon, avocado and use olive oil..healthy fats still need to be in one's diet...I just adjust my dose. So glad my doctor gave me this flexibility as we know our bodies best! Creon has been a life saver for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase): “First,,this drug is EXPENSIVE. MY regular insurance denied paying for it 3x..I had to have my doctor fight with them on the phone saying this is the ONLY current viable drug for Panceatic insufficiency..they still complained. My stomach was in very bad pain, loose stool and extreme bloating. After ONE day of use (5 pills of 12000 units) my bloating reduced 50%. The frequency of loose still is down to only once a day vs 3-4 x a day pre-Creon. The pain is beginning to improve. HOWEVER--this drug has given me one of the RARE side effects listed in warnings "HIVES". My back wont stop itching..UGHH So-now I have to decide between abdominal pain all day or having scratching all day... I have to ask the doctor for anti- itch pills now.. ANYONE ELSE GET ITCHING?”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 1, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase): “I was diagnosed with Chronic pancreatitis when I was 38 and not a drinker only on special occasions. Since then I have been taking creon 3 tabs at 25000 with each meal and it has helped remarkably - no more stools floating or fatty...less pain and feeling much more normal again.”

jennpugli August 31, 2011

Creon (pancrelipase): “I have chronic pancreatitis. For a while I was dropping weight very fast. Lost 32 pounds in March alone. It was to the point where I couldn't function between vomiting and just the pain in my stomach area I wasn't doing well. My GI doctor put me on Creon and things got much better. I take one before I eat and after. Slowly I was able to add to my menu more of foods I can tolerate. Off the list before was any meat except for fish, lettuce and anything to sweet. If I forget to take it when I eat and I do suffer the consequences later. I'm very happy with this medicine.”

Vivhuski · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2016

Creon (pancrelipase): “This year of 2016 I have spent two stays in hospital with severe stomach pain, I lost two stone in weight as the normal day to day food of meats, veg and snacks caused the pain to increase. In September I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, my consultant then prescribed Creon. For me I have suffered no side effects, only complete relief from the horrendous pain pancreatitis causes. I have now gained weight as I can once again enjoy meats, but I do trim the fat of steaks and chops. I also take senna alongside Creon as this helps keep my bowel movement to almost normal. I very rarely get those nasty smelly floating stools as I have got my dosage just right. Taking Creon has given me back my previous life.”

Fed up woman · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase): “After a gastric bypass 4 yrs ago then followed by gall bladder removal I was left with chronic unpredictable diarrhea, pain, bloating and nausea. Recent tests showed I had EPI (Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency)and my pancreas was not producing enough if any enzymes. A week ago I was prescribed Creon 10000 by the hospital. I feel so ill taking them. The pain and bloating have gone but am still getting diarrhea, bad nausea, a vile taste in my mouth that taints everything I eat / drink and awful headaches. I take 2 capsules with a meal twice a day then 1 with any snacks. I cannot eat normal meals due to the gadtric bypass so I tend to graze throughout the day every 2/3 hours. Is this normal and will the symptoms go eventually or will it always be like this. I am truly sick and tired of it all.”

suzanne martin February 23, 2017

Creon (pancrelipase): “I tried creon and other NHS pancreatic enzymes but they all made me worse than ever, so I began taking a vegan enzyme called botanogest made by a company in belgium. It cured all my pancreas and stomach pain and I could eat any foods I wanted with it. A MRI scan has shown it has also made the scarring on my pancreas completely disappear which drs say is impossible? botanogest has recently been discontinued and without it I'll need a feeding tube, no other enzymes work for me, I believe botanogest could help millions of people with pancreatitis be well again, like I was for 17 years with it, I keep mailing the company in Belgium asking them to start selling it again, its a miracle product for pancreatitis,”

Anonymous December 21, 2011

Creon (pancrelipase): “This is the best medicine for Chronic pancreatitis. I am using it and it's very helpful for me. Please use less amount of protein in your food and break your meal in two three to four parts in full day. Don't take more amount of food at one time. This medicine is helpful for improving pancreas. ”

Anonymous January 6, 2017

Zenpep (pancrelipase): “This medication works well for me and I had no side effects. The monthly cost is so expensive!! $1875.72 monthly without insurance! With little to no help from the pharmaceutical company. When my insurance will pay for it it's $240. Monthly”

Blanca · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase): “Started using Aenpep. No side effects but honestly it does not work. I been in pain ever since I started taking it. I take it during each meal and I am in pain. Pertyze is what really works for me but my insurance does not want to cover it :( it sucks that we paid too much for insurance and I have to beg for my meds. Actually is the only one I take. I eat well - I gave up sweets and red meat, coffee, not to many carbs but I hurt. I go on liquid diets for 3 days if not more. As soon as I eat there is my pain again with this pills.”

jonnyzero September 4, 2016

“I have Crohn's disease, I've had two surgeries, and have problems digesting food. My Doctor put me on Creon, and within an hour after taking it I had the worst case of brain fog ever. Like being stoned, but not in a good way. I tried it for several days and then stopped. Waited several days and tried it again with the same result. My doctor said it "could not" have been from the Creon............well, I'm sure that it was.”

Sandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

Creon (pancrelipase): “After 2 month using Creon 25000. It make my anxiety go high level and still not control. Anyone suffering like this!!! Please share your experiences. I am worry about it.”

Anonymous April 3, 2012

Zenpep (pancrelipase): “Zenpep works great for me, however the cost of the pills are ridiculous! ”

DDil September 25, 2016

Creon (pancrelipase): “Advised to take capsules 20 mins before food. Is this common? Had 5 bouts of severe vomiting & diarhoe in last 10 weeks. 9 mths on creon. Any advice?”

Ron g13 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2015

Creon (pancrelipase): “I also take this for my CP, works well but the side effects.”

Hungry June 24, 2011

Pancreaze (pancrelipase): “Improvement was very apparent in 2 days. An amazing start. Hope it lasts. ”

Swmpr · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 3, 2020

“My Pancreas has been damaged by long term by Lyme disease, after a long time of suffering Creon made things much better.”

Learn more about Chronic Pancreatitis