User Reviews for Serax to treat Anxiety

Serax has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety. 80% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Serax Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 142 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Serax

Edward zxx · Taken for 10 years or more March 7, 2013

“I have been taking Serax/oxazepam for 30 years for anxiety/panic attacks, works great! I started out on 10mg then after a few years was switched to 15mg. The past year or so I have been having trouble sleeping so the Dr. put me on 30mg to take only at night before bed which I do and it works great for sleep. So, I take the 15mg when I need them for anxiety and the 30mg only at night.”

Danielrh52 · Taken for 10 years or more June 23, 2017

“After 43 years of anxiety/panic disorder, serax has helped me have a life. Dr's tried many other treatments until I ended up in ICU with my heart enzymes elevated. Theme 25 years ago Dr started me on Serax, which finally let me have a normal life.”

TXHerd June 6, 2008

“I have to admit when I was first perscribed this medication, I was very hesitant to take it. Like with all medications, I didn't know how this would effect me. And asking doctors and nurses, I still wasn't sure. After the first time I took it, I felt better than I have had in a long time. I was calm and very relaxed. I had a small headache, that felt like a mild hangover, but that was the only side effect I had. I highly recommend this medicine.”

susie s August 2, 2015

“I would not use this medicine for more than a year. While it was effective - the side effects - began to be more problematic than the medication was worth. Wish I would have stopped it much sooner than I did and one must wean off - not go off cold turkey. My doctor apparently did not know this.”

nanthegimp July 3, 2008

“I have chronic pain problems and a huge stress level so I haven't been sleeping. The doctor gave me a few of these to try and I found Serax definitely helps with sleep. I had my first 6 hour sleep in a row last night. ”

Soundchain · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 17, 2014

“Effective when having a particularly bad day on antidepressants but less effective when not on antidepressants. Find anxiety symptoms aren't overly settled in comparison to Lorazepam unless you take a couple. Plus they take 45 mins minimum to kick in and during an attack, isn't helpful. When not taking antidepressants, got up to 45mg on very bad days but was down to 1-2 tabs a month on antidepressants.”

kaylapaulie June 26, 2013

“Just started taking Serax for my anxiety. I found it to make the anxiety go away!”

Maiseydotes January 2, 2014

“In the hospital, I was having major panic attacks. I was given Serax for bedtime. It was the only time I slept in the hospital.”

Rus December 2, 2009

“I take 30mg when needed and it makes me calm. Don't mix with alcohol, effective medicine when used as prescribed.”

Tena · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2021

“I tried them all! This is the only benzodiazepine that works for my anxiety. Definitely better than Xanax Ativan or Kolonopin. I highly recommend!”