User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 4)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

aapm2003 · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Woke up 11:30 Monday night vomiting and nausea. Went to doctor next morning, was prescribed Tamiflu. Symptoms almost completely gone after 2 days. Going back to work in the morning. Medication work well for me.”

SD · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

“I’m on my fourth capsule of the generic of Tamiflu (finishing 2 full days of 5) and I think its made a difference in my energy levels. Initially, had high fever, terrible aches and sore throat. Since first dose I am definitely less tired and achy, and actually got out of bed today. I did not experience any noticeable side effects (no hallucinations, nausea/vomiting ect). I’m and RN/EMT in busy clinics with lots of exposure to sick people. That being said, everyones body tolerates medications differently. I think it works and is worth a try.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with the flu then prescribed this. Maybe it helps you get one day less of being sick, but the auditory hallucinations were not worth it. I was convinced I was going crazy until I discovered that hallucinations can happen (thanks for the info, doc). It’s really hard on your body. I suggest no one takes this.”

Josh G October 3, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I’m on the 3rd dose of 10 currently. Tested positive for influenza type A with fever (102+) and heavy body aches / extreme tiredness. First dose: took before bed on night 1. Woke up feeling MUCH better. Second dose: 9:30am today. Some headache and some body aches, no other side effects. Third dose: Just now. Took it with a big meal and tons of ice water. I was very nervous about the nausea side effect (I hate throwing up) and the mental effects. No issues thus far. Got a great nights sleep last night too, likely because being off work with the flu gave me a chance to slow down mentally.”

Anonymous September 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Within a couple hours after the first dose, I had horrible nausea on top of my other flu symptoms. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone with a low tolerance for vomiting or nausea.”

Colleen · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “After taking the second dose of Tamiflu I began to throw up unconditionally. I could eat or drink anything for over a day. I only took 3 doses. Not worth it at all! Just makes you very sick. Now it's been 4 days since I took my last dose of 3 pills, and I can still hardly stomach food & my stool is pale.”

Samcope14 · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Very bad mental side affects . Psychosis: anxiety, manic delusions , paranoia , pain 2 years later, I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic and am still chronically symptomatic. Have to take a SSRI and benzodiazepine just to ease the intensity of the symptoms . I am now on disability and unable to work. Even worse, my mind is a torture every day , and all doctors ranging from specialists to psychiatrists have no idea what to do. This all was induced my tamiflu. This drug has ruined my life.”

FFS... August 25, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I caught influenza and was tested quickly due the the nature of my work (within 24 hours of symptoms) and was prescribed this POISON. I got a ten packet of pills for the astounding price of $48. Compared to a 30 packet of paracetamol at $2 which did a hell of a lot more. I took the first tablet with food as instructed and roughly an hour later the pain started. It was excruciatingly bad and I proceeded to spend the day dry heaving and vomiting between wiping my bleeding nose. I endured it because it said it could happen and I figured it would wear off. I took the second tablet 12 hours later and was in the same position quickly. After the second tablet I stopped taking them. I spent two days vomiting what little water I was trying to keep down from being dehydrated from the fever in terrible pain. I could sleep, I couldn't talk, nothing. I just laid there in pain. Tamiflu MAY reduce the symptoms...”

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I'm a generally healthy 32 year old female. I work in the ER of a busy hospital so I'm no stranger to the flu. The body aches, the headaches, cough, congestion, fever, etc etc etc. Well this time I unfortunately tried oseltamivir. This this was the worst med I have tried. Horrible horrible vomiting, horrible horrible nausea, and the hallucinations!!!!!!!! I have zero history of hallucinations, I was having full on conversations with people who didn't exist. The side effects were so bad I ended up in the ER. Never have I ever experienced anything like this from any flu, cold, infection or medication, and I had only taken 2 pills from the whole pack. Users beware. If it happened to me it can happen to you too.”

B August 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My husband was prescribed tamiflu and an hour after taking one pill he was up all night vomiting and felt way worse than before. I've never seen him so sick in my life it was terrible. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone.”

Kirst August 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was tested for influenza b and it came back positive. Never been so sick, daughter also had it the week prior to me. Both of us were given tamiflu tablets and I have to say they have fixed us up so quickly. Still both feeling lethargic but on the mend. The only side affect we have experienced is insomnia, so hard to switch off and get decent sleep. I've only a couple days left of taking the tablets so I'm hoping my sleep pattern will return to normal.”

Chrohns August 2, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was so sick I could barely open my eyes, or talk, or walk. Fever 40'c, chills, constant vomiting. Massive dehydration. Thought I would have a heart attack. Was ready to call ambulance. Took tamiflu. Vomited first dose. Next morning ate toast, try Again. Kept it down. Felt nauseous but concentrated on keeping it down. Well by that afternoon, fever gone. Not out of the woods yet but big improvement. Look, I was 11/10 sick and this stuff took me to about an 8/10 in 12hours. By 2 days later I'm about a 5/10. It makes you hallucinate, but if you're lying in bed sleeping, just think of it as dreams. I decided to be boss here. I ate a piece of toast (even though I wasn't hungry) before every dose. I put nice calm music on to ensure my dreams and hallucinations were calm also. Don't drink water in the first 30 min of taking it, it will make it easier to keep down. If you're truly very very sick, these side affects don't matter compared to the improvement. It could save your life.”

Gianera · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was quite shocked to read so many negative reviews. My hubby was diagnosed with Influenza A and he was a terrible mess with extremely high fever, sever cough, runny nose etc. he was given Tamiflu and after 24 hours from the first dose fever was gone and started remission. Only adverse effect was altered taste from food and smells. Of course shortly after him I was infected as well but I took it at the first sign of cough and mild fever. Much to both our disbelief I never experienced any of the discomforts he went through, next day cough was gone and fever was mild but I was having no tiredness, sore muscles or anything at all. No side effects at all. So, I’m sorry for all of you who had side effects but as far as I’m concerned this was nothing short of a miraculous drug for both of us.”

Treen August 1, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Neither I or my family will ever take this medication again. In addition to all the normal flu symptoms it made me nauseous and unable to eat. I also believe it caused me insomnia and a strange head and neck ache. The flu, with out this med, is 100% better.”

Lin July 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Symptoms started Sunday night, started tamiflu Tue afternoon. Tue & Wed in bed and now (wed night) feeling much better. No more headache, body ache, sneezing, coughing, runny nose. Think I’ll be back at work tomorrow.”

John · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My doctor prescribed me 75mg of Tamiflu 2 times a days. It did nothing to me but make me throw up, I don’t understand the purpose of it at all. Everything online says it may shorten your influenza by a day...I did not throw up one time before Tamiflu. Why is this medicine given to people? Horrible product with horrible side affect with a slight chance of shortening your symptoms.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Took the medication 5 days after initial infection after I tested positive for Influenza B. That night when I got back I had my first dose. It was a liquid since I can’t keep pills down. Absolutely disgusting taste. I could barely keep it down. But after that my temperature dropped about 1.5 degrees celsius 30 minutes later. I took Tamifu for 5 days and it cleared up my symptoms for the most part. My side effects were not very severe, I actually had a very mild reaction. I felt dizzy and fatigued but that’s about it.”

olivia · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This drug Tamiflu is awful, have only had four doses but will not be continuing. I felt extremely unwell and couldn't sleep and it was not worth it to me as its made me feel worse. read into the side effects before purchasing for sure :(”

BGB3 · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Normally, when I get the flu, I just take Dayquil and Nyquil after the fever, 3 days later I am fine. This year, my wife insisted I go to the doctor to get medicine 1 day after I already had my fever. I was prescribed Tamiflu, and 11 days later I am still coughing, now that's 13 days of being sick, on day 9 my son caught it. So in conclusion Tamiflu just made everything worse. If I had just did dayquil nyquil I would have no symptoms, not be coughing or sneezing, and would less likely spread the virus. Never taking Tamiflu again.”

snug · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I followed directions and took this with food, within 2 hours I started experiencing nausea which would lead to vomiting. This cycle then repeated itself several times. I ended up vomiting 5 times within 2 hours. The weird thing is that even when my stomach was completely emptied out and I had stopped consuming anything, even water, I kept vomiting but nothing would come out. This was a much worse experience than the flu itself, not worth it to knock out only 1 day of illness. I would only take this if you are at high risk of developing pneumonia and are otherwise unhealthy/immuno-compromised, I would not give to children at all. I understand Tamiflu works fine for some people but it really is a risky dice roll and I will not be taking it again or finishing the regimen. They should change the advertising on this to say "For when you want to feel worse than the Flu"”

Est · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got the Flu and it hit me hard and I fainted and was so sick so I went to the ER. They tested me and I had Influenza B. They prescribed this antibiotic and the first time I took it I felt completely fine, however, on the second day I took it I got intense nausea and vomited to try to feel better. As soon as I started vomiting I got a nosebleed as well. I spent the night vomiting continuously and after that I couldn’t keep anything down for about 2 days, along with intense pain in my abdomen. This felt worse than the actual Flu”

Ariel May 5, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I woke up Monday morning and I had started to feel really run down and exhausted. I though I just had a bad cold so I just made sure to rest all day. Tuesday morning I woke up with a fever, congestion, and I could barely get out of bed. Thursday afternoon I finally went to the doctor where I was diagnosed with the Influenza A (H3N2) Virus. They prescribed me Tamiflu to see if it would help with my symptoms. So that Thursday night at around 10pm I take the medicine and an hour later the nausea started. I began throwing up too. I have never felt so nauseous before, it was horrible! I ended up in the emergency room at 4am to see if they could give me anti-nausea medication to make it stop and they did. I did take the medication on an empty stomach but that's because I had absolutely no appetite all week while sick. I definitely wont be taking this medication again. It is not worth feeling that nauseous ever again!”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I started taking tamiflu on the 3rd day of having the flu. It actually made the flu symptoms go away by the next day but the side effects are not worth it. I got so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up. I had cold sweats and nausea from the dizziness. I also got horrible abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I stopped the medication after the 3rd dose because I couldn’t take care of my daughter or myself from the intense dizziness. I would not recommend this medication.”

TAAT · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Daughter was swabbed for the flu, which came back negative. However, based on symptoms, Urgent Care doctor still prescribed Tamiflu. She took three pills and literally began sleeping in the bathroom due to the constant diarrhea. Was told to just take pepto bismol. By day two she had blood in her stools, sweating, and stomach/abdominal pains that have been so bad that she can't get out of bed. She's had a constant headache, to where she just needs to stop and hold her head. On day four since stopping the medicine and is still it eating, still occasional diarrhea and the stomach pains are still present. I have been forcing liquids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated from the lack of eating and constant diarrhea. Never again will I allow her to even accept this medication from a doctor! This medicine needs to be taken off of the market!”

MAM · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Going on day 3 and from the 1st dose I have had abdominal pain!! Heartburn on fire, slight strange headache, cough. Stopping this stuff as not worth it! Should have known, but I thought I would try it. Never again”