User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 575 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Oseltamivir reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Influenza
6.1
Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 6.0 575 reviews

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Jim · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Swine Flu: “Had the worst flu I ever experienced . High & low temperatures , aching body & delirium (swine flu) I was told not to go near the Doctors surgery (I was too ill to get out of bed anyway ) . No Doctor would visit me at home . A relative was allowed to collect a prescription for Tamiflu & bring it to me, with as little contact as possible . I was warned about vomiting as a side effect . I vomited soon after taking the first dose & the nausea lasted for 24 hours . However my flu symptoms started to subside within that 24 hours and I was on my way to recovering within a few days of taking Tamiflu.”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Influenza: “This thing is HORRIBLE. My flu symptoms were manageable (im a 38 yr old) — sure I had a 104.2 °F fever.. but things seemed to be getting better with just paracetamol and Advil. No headaches... and I wasn’t feeling tired or lethargic. Until I took my first dose of “Tamiflu”!!!!! Then I had vomiting ... the first one wasn’t too bad but then the next bouts just got more intense and violent!!! I took this with a small meal, as prescribed. Currently on an old remedy that my dad put us through at times like this (he was a MD) : sips of sprite and plain potato crisps. I added activated charcoal tablets, as all this violent puking is just too much!!! I’ve never had it so bad! Usually I’d puke once or twice and done! Then I felt better! But Tamiflu WILL take you out like no simple bug will!”

Hi · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Took 1 dose and had the worse nausea and then vomited 6-7 times and continued to feel horrible. I simply cannot continue the rest.”

Flo123 · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I woke up with a fever, body aches, chills and slight congestion and when my fever got pretty high and wouldn’t break I decided to go to the doctor. She did a basic checkup and decided I had the flu and prescribed me Tamiflu. She’d told me to take two pills that day with food. I took the first pill with a meal and within 10 minutes was uncontrollably vomiting. Over the span of three hours I vomited over and over again. Couldn’t keep anything down and even after all the food and liquids were out of my system I was vomiting bile. Literally the worst stomach cramps I have ever had in my life and my pain tolerance is pretty high. I ended up in the ER and had to have an IV for the pain and because I was so severely dehydrated. Awful experience and I would never EVER recommend such a dangerous drug to anybody. Also the doctor at the ER said it wasn’t a good quality drug and he never prescribed it to anyone because of the severe side effects.”

Rudi · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I was given this medication for precautionary measures since I was around family members that had the Flu. What a mistake. I wasn’t sick until I took this. After 5 doses I couldn’t stand the nausea anymore. Worse I have ever had. I was even taking Zofran for nausea but it did not help. It’s been 3 days since my last dose and I still feel like rubbish. I have completely lost my appetite. Trying to eat crackers and trying to stay hydrated. I have lost 10 lbs in 5 days. Never again. I just pray I start feeling better soon. I don’t recommend this medication to anyone.”

Melsh March 15, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I rarely get sick but by the time I left work on Thursday I had the chills and a fever of 102. Went to Patient First Walk in clinic on Friday morning because I couldn't get in to see my doctor. They confirmed I had the flu. Prescribed Tamiflu and after the 2nd dose my fever is gone and I feel close to normal. The key is catching it in the first 24-48 hours.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Very bad mental side affects . Psychosis: anxiety, manic delusions , paranoia , pain 2 years later, I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic and am still chronically symptomatic. Have to take a SSRI and benzodiazepine just to ease the intensity of the symptoms . I am now on disability and unable to work. Even worse, my mind is a torture every day , and all doctors ranging from specialists to psychiatrists have no idea what to do. This all was induced my tamiflu. This drug has ruined my life.”

JJinNV · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Tamiflu rocks! Had horrible chills, headache, cough, body aches, and temperatures over 101. Took my first pill on the second day of the flu and was 60% better the following morning and feeling almost normal by that afternoon. No side effects that I could tell. I had a flu shot but got it anyway. Just my luck.”

Randy · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “My husband became psychotic on day 3, choked me and then killed himself. Where is our FDA? Where is the makers of Tamiflu? You took a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, brother and friend from many. No one seems to care.”

Kwill714 March 14, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Symptoms on Monday afternoon and went to doctor on Wednesday morning. Nasal positive test for flu. By 2nd dose fever broke and felt better. Has caused insomnia and/or only able to sleep for short periods (1-3 hrs at a time) and wild dreams. Also some ringing in my ears. Took all doses with food.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I was prescribed this for influenza a. I almost didn't take it because my symptoms, while tough, were not THAT severe. NO high fever, no bad cough, etc. But since the doctor prescribed it, I decided to take it. Basically, I spent $50 to feel WORSE. About an hour after taking it, I started to have a serious headache, and then the nausea and stomach pain started. I was up literally all night vomiting and clutching my stomach. This morning I was so out of it and was dehydrated due to the vomiting. I am not taking any additional doses. What a waste of money and a dangerous drug.”

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I'm a generally healthy 32 year old female. I work in the ER of a busy hospital so I'm no stranger to the flu. The body aches, the headaches, cough, congestion, fever, etc etc etc. Well this time I unfortunately tried oseltamivir. This this was the worst med I have tried. Horrible horrible vomiting, horrible horrible nausea, and the hallucinations!!!!!!!! I have zero history of hallucinations, I was having full on conversations with people who didn't exist. The side effects were so bad I ended up in the ER. Never have I ever experienced anything like this from any flu, cold, infection or medication, and I had only taken 2 pills from the whole pack. Users beware. If it happened to me it can happen to you too.”

KB · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I took Tamiflu about a year or so ago and I experienced some of those severe side effects. I dealt with hallucinations and really dark thoughts which lead to me being baker-acted (hospitalized for mental health/self harm threat). I didn't attribute the stomach pains and nausea that I experience to the med until I read through these comments and now I realize that those symptoms were very much present as well. I had multiple panic attacks while this was in my system and I had never previously had one in my life. This absolutely was the worst experience of my life and I'm only thankful that I didn't ultimately harm myself or anyone else when I did take it. I would've much rather dealt with the flu than the side effects I ended up experiencing. I hope no one else is having a similar or worst experience.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I was diagnosed with the flu then prescribed this. Maybe it helps you get one day less of being sick, but the auditory hallucinations were not worth it. I was convinced I was going crazy until I discovered that hallucinations can happen (thanks for the info, doc). It’s really hard on your body. I suggest no one takes this.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I am 40 years old, fever for three days wih chills and body aches. Went to the Clinic and had a temp of 103.4 within a couple hours of taking Tamiflu with Mortrin (advised by the Doctor) my fever was down to 99 degrees. I just took my second dose and starting to feel better. It was $124 with insurance but totally worth it.”

snug · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I followed directions and took this with food, within 2 hours I started experiencing nausea which would lead to vomiting. This cycle then repeated itself several times. I ended up vomiting 5 times within 2 hours. The weird thing is that even when my stomach was completely emptied out and I had stopped consuming anything, even water, I kept vomiting but nothing would come out. This was a much worse experience than the flu itself, not worth it to knock out only 1 day of illness. I would only take this if you are at high risk of developing pneumonia and are otherwise unhealthy/immuno-compromised, I would not give to children at all. I understand Tamiflu works fine for some people but it really is a risky dice roll and I will not be taking it again or finishing the regimen. They should change the advertising on this to say "For when you want to feel worse than the Flu"”

John · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “My doctor prescribed me 75mg of Tamiflu 2 times a days. It did nothing to me but make me throw up, I don’t understand the purpose of it at all. Everything online says it may shorten your influenza by a day...I did not throw up one time before Tamiflu. Why is this medicine given to people? Horrible product with horrible side affect with a slight chance of shortening your symptoms.”

Joshua's Mom · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “My 11 month old son had a fever of about 103. After a strict rotation of Motrin and Tylenol (as directed over the phone by our pediatrician) we managed to keep the fever down until the next morning when we could get to the office. He tested positive for influenza, and the doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I was a bit skeptical because of my son's age, but followed doctors orders. Twenty four hours after the first dose, my son was chasing the dog around the living room at full speed, giggling relentlessly. I made sure to always give the medicine on a full tummy, and he didn't seem to have any unpleasant side effects. I am definitely sold on this medication.”

B August 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “My husband was prescribed tamiflu and an hour after taking one pill he was up all night vomiting and felt way worse than before. I've never seen him so sick in my life it was terrible. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Be aware of the side effects before taking this medication. The doctor said I had the flu and prescribed me tamiflu. 75mg every 12 hours. I started having headaches and shortly after that I started vomiting severely with intense abdominal pain. I had to rush to the hospital because the stomach pain was unbearable. When I got to the hospital the doctor told me to stop taking tamiflu. I’m still feeling the abdominal pain but not as bad and still can’t eat anything. Never again will I be taking this medication!!”

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Awoke with flu Monday morning...full on symptom’s of aches, fever, chills and sweating and plenty of dry coughing. By day 3 of the flu and still having a fever, I went to see my doc who prescribed Tamiflu. I’d never taken nor heard of it. Took the first dose yesterday and felt the same with two huge sweats . Awoke this morning feeling much better than previous day. Took 3rd dose of Tamiflu this morning and by now, mid-day, I’m feeling like I’m quite a bit better. Residual body aches and occasional cough, but nothing like previous days of the flu ! And no side effects whatsoever.”

Colleen · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “After taking the second dose of Tamiflu I began to throw up unconditionally. I could eat or drink anything for over a day. I only took 3 doses. Not worth it at all! Just makes you very sick. Now it's been 4 days since I took my last dose of 3 pills, and I can still hardly stomach food & my stool is pale.”

Concernedmom · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “My son (14 years) was given this within the allotted time frame for FluB. Yesterday, on the afternoon of day two he complained of nausea & I told him not to drink milk since I was raised milk & the flu don't mix. He woke me at 2 a.m. last night with SEVERE abdominal pain (night of day 2). I tried the heating pad but he didn’t want to even have it touch him. Luckily I had ginger ale on hand and gave him that. I immediately started reading side effects and discovered he was having one. I called his pediatrician to tell her we were stopping it & she confirmed that abdominal pain was a side effect & it was ok to stop. The saddest thing is while my son suffered in pain he shook his head and said, “ this medicine is too strong.” How he knew that I can only guess he was listening to his body. Of course I felt bad having my kid take this but since stopping no more abdominal pain.”

MK · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Tested positive for flu type b and was given this awful stuff on Friday. By Sunday I could barely walk, was so nauseous, had extreme sensitivity to smells, lights and sounds and an odd headache. I had horrible stomach cramps and pains. I stopped taking the medicine on Sunday. On Tuesday I am still feeling flu symptoms on top of the nausea, sensitivity, zero appetite and strange headache. I have never been so sick. I would never recommend this drug to anyone and cannot wait until it’s out of my system completely. I cannot believe that they are selling this stuff as ‘medicine’.”

PVA · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I was recovering from bacterial pneumonia and feeling very, very good. Suddenly my cough returned, I had the chills, was running a fever and felt achy all over. I was able to get into the Doc immediately, was swabbed for influenza and tested positive for Influenza Type A. Tamiflu was ordered. Day one I was able to take one pill, this is day 3 and I feel at least 90% better. No side effects and thankful I went back to my physician for follow-up care. PS. I had both the pneumonia and flu shot this year. Thank you, Tamiflu.”

jesswilkin December 11, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “This is the worst "medicine" I have ever taken... I went to urgent care and it was prescribed to me, the next morning I took one pill and within 30 minutes I started vomiting. I vomited 4 times within 1 hour and then was dry heaving. Then I did a little bit of research on the drug and some of these reviews are scary! Hallucinations? Really?! its not worth it, don't waste your money and time. I would rather suffer through the flu than EVER take another one of those pills again. I learned my lesson, always do some research before taking a new medication. My doctor didn't mention any side effects to me, nor did the packaging mention any.”

Janelle Levesque January 8, 2014

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “I took this medicine the night I spiked a temp of 102.9 and a few hours later I was able to sleep, I woke up and my fever was nearly gone, the coughing, body aches, and sweating were too. Mid-day I felt very good, I felt like I was going to be hospitalized before the medicine started to work, I was really sick. The one thing is the Tamiflu makes me real tired and I feel a little disoriented and dizzy, but I take that over the way I felt.”

whaddyanuts · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: “Symptoms began on a Monday. Tested positive for influenza A on Wednesday and started Tamiflu. It's Friday and I feel worse than I did yesterday. Fever returned today, slept poorly last night, headache worse, terrible taste in my mouth. Hate to run back to doc already. Maybe it was too late for the Tamiflu?”