User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Learn more about Oseltamivir.

Swine Flu 14 reviews 2 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 6 reviews 44 medications

4.7
Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 203 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Started having headache and body aches on the night of January 10, I never had experienced such intense body ache before. Had low fever 101F on January 11 but I couldn't get a doctor's appointment till January 12, she did a nose swab and results confirmed influenza A. I started Aleve to alleviate body ache same time as when I started Tamiflu between light breakfast and lunch, noticed diarrhea later that day but thought it was flu related, so I started diarrhea medication. Body aches dissipated through that night and by next morning I could stop Aleve. Flu symptoms cleared since January 14, except for slight dry cough with no chest involvement, and slight allergy-like cold. Tamiflu worked f/me but has side effects of diarrhea and slight nausea."

Flu-ID Druid (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was diagnosed with H1N1 on 9 Jan 2017. I was prescribed Tamiflu that same day. Within a day I felt 80% better. I am glad I went to the DR withinh 48 hours of initial symptoms. Today I have 3 pills left to take but I feel 100% better. I did not have any bad side effects. Take it with a meal or a large glass of milk."

epfirewall (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and was diagnosed with the flu (after 24 hours of symptoms). I woke up today tired, with an 80% improvement in body aches and almost no fever. Congestion is still an issue but not the epic disaster I experienced with the flu years ago. The only side-effect I experienced was increased frequency of bowel movements. In all, I would say this medication is pretty good. Feels like the manufacturer got this one right!"

CR 444 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Friday night I began Tamiflu with 600mg of Advil. My symptoms had grown into full flu agony since Thursday afternoon. By Sunday I wanted to eat solid food. My complaint is that I have become dehydrated. Drinking fluids whenever I am awake. No nausea, or diarrhea. Miracle drug in my view. I am 64 years old, in pretty good health otherwise, diet and exercise are good as well. Your medical history will determine if this is good for you. My husband had the flu shot. Within 24 hrs of me getting the flu he got it, and not a light case. We are waiting for the Dr today for him."

Pfickesmiller (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Tested positive for influenza, type A. Started taking Tamiflu Tuesday evening (symptoms started Monday afternoon). The next day, all of my excruciating body aches were gone. I have one more pill to take and am suffering from insomnia and a good bit of dizziness (maybe dizzy because I'm not sleeping enough?). Other than that, I feel like most of the flu symptoms are gone. I have a lingering productive cough, but I imagine that takes a while to go away anyways. I always take the medication with a meal. If I'm not hungry, I force myself to eat a piece of bread with peanut butter and a banana. I wouldn't take this on an empty stomach since my directions tell me to take with a meal. I would take this again if I got the flu again."

Duck face 1138 (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Tamiflu made a miracle for me. It is my second time on Tamiflu (first one was two years ago). Both times I had classic flu symptoms. Felt the onset of great misery. Made hard effort to start taking Tamiflu ASAP - within first 12 hours. My understanding is that the time is crucial to the effectivenes. Both times I was practicaly cured within first 24 hours after. Only some tiredness remained for couple of days. No side effects in my case. I think lot of diarrhea complains that people attribute to Tamiflu are in fact flu related- so they would have it anyway. Make sure to complete the whole course - otherwise flu can return."

Happy in bed (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My fever went down within a few hours and I was feeling better the next day, but weak. After finishing the last dose of 5 days, I became extremely nauseous and my abdomen hurt so badly, I didn't think I would survive. I didn't vomit, but stomach pain was excruciating. It has lasted over 24 hours, so far and I can't find any advice regarding what to do about the pain."

JCeee January 3, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Diagnosed with influenza recently, my dr prescribed Tamiflu..believe me, this was feeling like you had been " hit by a Mack truck " flu, have never felt so ill with so much body pain everywhere..slept virtually all day for 3 days straight, then the Tamiflu kicked in. Seriously, with zero side effects! Now day 4 and I'm off the pain killers and actually feeling quite good. Still going to finish off the prescribed dosage of tablets, but have to say the results are amazing. Yesterday I wouldn't have had the strength to write this..amazing."

Watersea (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The first day I took Tamiflu I Felt a little better, I took it after I ate a soup and a bowl of jello, and I didn't have nausea or vomiting. The second day after I took the morning capsule (3hrs after), I felt very good and stay like that the rest of the day, a couple hrs ago took the night capsule after I ate dinner and I didn't feel any nausea or vomiting. Remember I ate a big bowl of jello. I really can say Tamiflu is helping me to fight all the severe symptoms of the Flu, and I will continue taking it for the next 3 days of the treatment.... I will letting you know my experience after the 5 day..."

Amirandao (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Diagnosed with Flu Virus A. - This was the sickest I have ever been in my life. I felt like I was dying with all the major symptoms. My wife took me to the doctor for diagnoses and a prescription. Within 24 hours I'm over 50% better. This is unbelievable. Today hour to hour I have been feeling better and better. - Side affect is loose stool but I don't care! I don't feel like I'm dying anymore."

Sick in Atlanta (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I felt fine the 1st day on this drug eating anything and everything that sounded good. Then the 2nd day I took it again in the morning and was fine for a few hour then boom. I went downhill finally it was time for supper I tried soup it was ok then I ate yogurt and took the medicine. Well my body didn't like that I got to spend my time emptying my stomach after that. Now onto the 3rd day I'm really not sure if I want to take it 2 times a day."

Ash510 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I'm a teacher in Japan and caught the flu from my students. I have never felt more sick in my whole life - pounding head, nausea, chills, muscle aches and weakness. Every step was agony, to the point where I was crying like a baby. The doctor gave me Tamiflu and also something to bring down the temperature. Within a few hours of taking the initial dose, the most severe of the symptoms had disappeared. It's day three and now it just feels like I have a bad cold. I didn't get nausea like some other people, and my first dose was on an empty stomach. Everyone must be different. For those worried about nausea, my suggestion is asking the doctor to give you an anti-nausea medication to take with the Tamiflu."

Jenn8484 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I got Influenza A from my son. It was to late for him to take Tamiflu, but his doctor prescribed it for me in case I came down with the flu. I took it with in the first 48 hrs. of beginning symptoms. I had little stomach upset and lose stool, but not to bad. I don't know that it did anything to help me. The only difference between me and my son was my fever stayed lower than his did. I was still just as sick and for the same period of days. The pharmacy info. on Tamiflu says it doesn't always help everyone. :("

D. Adams December 14, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My grandaughter ran a 102 fever that night so the next day we took her to the doc. And they gave her tamiflu after testing her twice, the first came out negetive then the second was positive so not knowing any of the side effects we gave it to her after she had eaten and gave it to her with applesauce and thank god she had none of the side effects everyone has mentioned ,so we gave it to her for two days and she is not running a fever now so where sending her back to school. I don't know if she really had the flu or not since me and my wife was sick for a week before she got sick and we both had low fevers for three days and congestion and cough. After reading all the horror stories I will never take it. Just suffer it out and run its coarse."

Kenbob (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "From reading through these comments, it seems a large consensus that TamiFlu causes nausea and stomach aches. For me, this was not as severe as some other commenters have experienced. I also experienced "spaciness", grogginess, and vivid dreams. I was exposed during thanksgiving from some family members who tested positive, and five days later no symptoms. Thanks Tamiflu! I also wonder how much of these flu-like symptoms commenters think are "from" Tamiflu, but are actually from the flu virus."

Flu McGee (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Coming back with a second review. I stopped tamiflu prematurely after my flu symptoms were all gone however now the tamiflu side effects still lingers after 3 days! I am having severe diarrhea at least 6x a day!! I be going to the bathroom for hours like 6 hours later still on the toilet!!! And I took only 3 days worth.. I'm scared to go to work like this... Better just deal with the flu than take these pills again"

Celinalo (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I had the worse flu ever experienced in my 30 years of life! I wasnt able to go to my day job for 3 days. Sneezing, stuffy nose, lost of appetite, chills down my spine, head aches, bone aches, and Every Time I ate something diarrhea. I had to my night job and couldn't cancel on this one. I took my first tamiflu pill, and wow! I was able to pull myself together to get to my night shift given all my crazy symptoms. The Dr. Gave me 75mg 2x a day for next 5days. I'm still sick but not as bad.. Symptoms reduced significantly so maybe a few more days of it. I am also taking Dayquil and Nyquil combination with tamiflu."

Celinalo November 24, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I went to sleep a little more tired than usual, next morning my throat was sore, body ached, head was pounding and I could slowly feel it working it's way into my chest. I went right to the doctor cause I could feel that it was more than just a cold. He prescribed tamiflu and azithromiacin after taking my temperature at 102.3. It's been 2 days so far and I'm feeling 70% and the flu never had the chance to continue into my chest cause the tamiflu stopped it from spreading further. Would definitely use again!!"

Lookitzlyssa (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I went to the doctor because I was having chills, high fever, and muscle pain. They tested me and said I got the Flu. They prescribed me Tamiflu but before I left the doctors, they gave me 600mg of motrin which immediately resolved my fever and muscle pain. Later when I got home I took Tamiflu and the next 2 days I had extreme abdominal cramps. On a scale of 1-10 the pain was a 10, and this was continuous the entire day. I would constantly wake up in the middle of the night due to my abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. I have never felt a worst pain in my life until I took tamiflu. I was way better off without it, the medication was expensive as well."

Doesn't work (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Woke up at 1 AM with chills. Later in the day fever was spiking to 104 even with Advil so decided to go to Urgent Care. Doc was nice but tried to pursuade me not to take Tamiflu due to side effects and minimal benefits. I took the prescription but was undecided about using it. Anyway after paying $161, I thought I would give it a shot. Took first dose at 7:45 PM, about 19 hours after onset of symptoms. Vomited after 45 minutes and then again after another hour. I was really regretting taking it. Then woke up at 2 AM to find that I had no fever and no muscle ache! I feel 80% better already, just 7 hours after first dose. Hard to believe how fast this thing worked. I will try next dose with meal and hope that helps reduce vomiting."

VC9 October 28, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was on vacation when I started feeling symptoms: fever, body aches, weakness etc. Once I got back into the states I went straight to urgent care as my symptoms continued. Dr gave me Tamiflu. She said it's most effective if taken within the first few days the symptoms start, but hopefully it will help shorten the time left. My fever and body aches were gone by the next morning thank god. I did experience some dizziness in my head, no vomiting but severe diarrhea.. oh god, my stomach feels like it's on fire from the inside. I didn't eat much in the days prior to taking it but I made sure to eat a little something before each dose. I'm unable to return to work until I can get my stomach issues under control. Stopped taking after 2.5 days."

healthyhappylife (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My 5 yr old woke up with fever and lethargic called doc had her in by 8am. She tested positive for flu so they gave her tamiflu, antibiotics. Poor baby would puke for 10 min twice a day. Imagine this twice a day for a week. I called the doc they say don't discontinue. Said nothing of nausea. I have 2 teenagers and been through flu several times and never seen anything like it. Never again. False sense of feeling better then you are on the floor puking till your eyes are blood shot glossed over. So sad. I won't do the next box."

Sick baby (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was in Phoenix for a business trip, and went to bed Sunday night feeling great. 8am woke up with scratchy throat, and 4 hours later in the ER with a 102.5 fever. They gave me a spinal tap, CT scan, so much blood was drawn for test that came back good, chest X-rays. After spending 6 hours there they released me with a virus. They said they couldn't test for flu because they were out of test strips. WTF! So I flew home Tuesday night and was back in ER yesterday 8/31..They also did blood, chest X-rays and lower GI MRI. They did the flu test and it came back positive. I was given a prescription for tamiflu which was around 60 hours after my first symptom. It's now 24 hours after ER with 2 doses in and I feel 60% better already. TAKEFOODw/it"

4x to ER (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Influenza Prophylaxis: "I had bought this drug ONLINE for a trip to China. Never tried it before. Was concerned about the nausea and/or missed the short initial window for starting the course. Returned from a cross country flight and within five days had a bad sore throat. Following directions, I took first dose within 24 hours AFTER eating a meal. No nausea. Day Day 4 I still feel sick - sore throat, sore neck by ears, hoarse, coughing, headache - but all are bearable and I can function. I imagine it would have been much worse w/o the drug. I forgot to wipe down airline seat and environs on the last leg of the trip. Never again!"

maylavinia (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I took Tamiflu (I had bought it previously for a trip to China) without checking with a doctor because I wanted to get it into my system before 24 hours from illness onset. While I definitely feel ill (sore throat, achy neck under ears, coughing, feverish, headache) I am able to do basic things at home. I am guessing I would have felt much much worse without Tamiflu, but who knows? I flew cross country seven days ago and failed to wipe down my seat and environs on the final leg of the trip. Sure that was the source. No nausea at all, but I had looked up the side effects before ingesting the first dose and took it after eating a small egg meal. I was really worried about the nausea so am very relieved."

MayLavinia July 11, 2016