User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Influenza Prophylaxis
4.3

Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 6.2 451 reviews

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Day 4 of med and knocked flu down fast but side effects are a not so pleasant. I have headache, not so great sleep, anxiety which is mild, stomach ache when I take a pill, even with food, food tastes off - even salad! I am considering skipping the last two pills."

Lovely13675 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My throat started hurting on Saturday night. Sunday I was home in bed all day. I just thought I had a bad cold so after sleeping all morning and night on Sunday I went to work on Monday. I stayed home on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night I took my son to the doctor and had him check me as well. By then I was feeling mostly better although still wasn’t back to myself. The doctor said it looks like I have the flu and I tested positive for having the Flu (not sure which exact type). The doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I was given the generic version. I took it that night and it made me feel worse. It kept me awake all night and made me very nauseous. It also made my Flu symptoms worse. I was on my way to recovery but that took away the progress that I was making and made me feel worse. I only took the medicine that one time but it did it’s damage. This medicine definitely prolonged my flu."

Jeniffer February 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Avian Influenza: "I had a sudden and rapid onset of flu symptoms, felt like heck. I had the flu shot so was surprised to find out after nasal swabbing that I had the Flu type A. I started Tamiflu the evening of my diagnosis. I prepared myself for stomach distress but I experienced no GI upset at all. By morning I feel so much better. Now 2 days on the med. I feel almost back to normal. So for me this really worked. Impressively so. But after reading others comments, I guess this drug is hit or miss. All I can say is I am very glad I tried it and it worked for me. Just keep in mind people are more likely to comment when having a bad experience, so the comments are going to be skewed to the negative."

Linda (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Running a 104 fever for 24 hours, went to urgent care and tested positive for influenza A. Took tamiflu and my nausea, headache, chills, and fever broke within 3 HOURS! Completely worth having a flu swab jammed up my nose."

Sas (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My husband became psychotic on day 3, choked me and then killed himself. Where is our FDA? Where is the makers of Tamiflu? You took a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, brother and friend from many. No one seems to care."

Randy (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Avian Influenza: "Severe flu, tested positive for Avian. On initial dose I believe it gave some body ache relief. After that the nausea was so bad just forced myself to eat to have something in my tummy. By 3rd day I was nauseated and vomiting so stopped entirely. For me, the cure was as bad as the flu issues themselves. For most others it was fine. After reading tamiflu will only shorten duration by a day, I don’t see why this is even prescribed-with or without the side effects-as I still continued to take OTC meds for horrid cough, fever and severe headache."

Parle (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My husband was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza. Immediately, upon beginning the script, he got diarrhea. Everything he ate, including popsicles, would require an immediate trip to the bathroom. His doctor advised to continue the script anyway, so after two days of constant bathroom trips, he stopped eating for the remaining 3 days of script. The medicine also caused insomnia for 48 hours, and feelings of depression (which my husband is not normally subject to). I cannot imagine a scenario where I could recommend this medication. And nobody in our family will take it again."

Wenwar (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was scared to take this after reading these reviews, I came down with the flu on a Saturday morning went to a clinic Sunday morning my fevers were insane high and they tested me for the flu, what I learned if you are not tested for the actual flu and confirmed you definitely have the flu Tamiflu is not going to work, you have to start the tamiflu within the first 48 hours of having the flu for it to be beneficial, the only side effect I had was the insomnia for the first two days of taking it then I was able to sleep better and more, I am thankful I did take this each hour that passed before taking this was absolute misery I felt better within hours having the Tamiflu. For most people that say it didn’t work make sure you are tested for the flu to confirm you have the flu first do not just take the doctors word you have the flu make them do the test."

Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Every dose made me throw up and feel sick to my stomach for hours"

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My 1.5 year old daughter got diagnosed with the flu and was given tamiflu, she ended up being admitted into the hospital for severe vomiting and diarrhea, she was taken off of it. My husband and I were both given tamiflu as well, on day 3 of taking it we both became violently ill. I am still sick. Vomiting, cramps, nausea and diarrhea. These are not typical flu symptoms, and so I can only imagine it is from the drug. Upon furthering reading up on side effects on the tamiflu website this drug can cause liver damage and ulcers. I DO NOT recommend unless absolutely necessary."

Tara (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Tamiflu was amazingly effective the first time I got the flu this year. No side effects, and within three days I felt a world of difference. However, after getting reinfected a few days ago, this time it has only made me feel so much worse. The nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting have been ridiculous. I already have chronic nausea, so it's only exacerbated the condition. I'm stopping taking them today because I'm tired of getting home extra late after work due to me having to leave work AND get off my buses early to puke and poop every 45 minutes. Rite Aid's "Maximum strength nighttime severe cold & flu" is significantly more effective, and so far I've not experienced any side effects (nausea is still there, but I'm pretty sure it's my GI issues and not the medication itself). If Tamiflu works for you, then please don't take my experience as word of law, and take it, it just isn't worth it for me to take it."

One sick woman (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I keep puking and there's nothing stopping it. I can't handle even drinking sips of water without it coming back up, there is nothing left in my stomach. I ended up having to soak in a bath just to absorb some kind of water and it wasn't under hours later of sleeping and puking that I managed to handle just water."

I Feel Like I'm Dying January 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My daughter started showing flu symptoms last Saturday. I started coughing a bit the same night. Took her to urgent care - she was confirmed influenza. I gradually started feeling worse - tired, heavy chest, coughing, aches, low grade temperature, exhaustion. I did a telemedicine call with my physician to get on tamiflu. Started it Sunday night. Stayed home from work Monday with headache, low grade fever and general malaise. However, by evening I noticed a big improvement. By Tuesday, I felt well enough to go back to work - the day was very tiring and my head felt as if someone was squishing it together. But I’ll be tip top by tomorrow. Insane. I’m definitely be taking this again. Made this flu so mild."

JulieCherry (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The doc prescribed tamiflu and I vomited, headaches and even got worst fever. Prior to this drug I'm just taking paracetamol, I only have fever and body ache but when I took the tamiflu - I wish I didn't take it coz it my side effects were severe and it is quite expensive."

April January 26, 2019

For Influenza: "I took this medicine after dealing with influenza type A for 3 days. After the first 2 doses, I started having diarrhea, nausea, ringing in the ears, high blood pressure, insomnia and very bad anxiety. I still used it for 4 days and just stopped it, can't do this anymore. With all these side effects, I am not sure how effective this medicine would be."

silver (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was diagnosed with influenza A. My doctor prescribed Tamiflu worst mistake I ever made was taking that stuff. It made me feel worse than the flu itself nausea vomiting anxiety sleeplessness. Took six doses out of 10 and I had to stop could not take it anymore. I will never take Tamiflu again!"

Kat January 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I work with children so I get the occasional cold, but this time it wouldn’t remit with the normal over the counter stuff, so 3 days ago, off I go to Urgent Care. The Doc gave me Tamiflu, day one, liquids and just in bed no energy almost no food. Day two, chills sweats no energy, day three I’m feeling worst chills sweats now I’m visiting the Oval Office (bathroom) every 20-45 min diarrhea/nausea, so you cough and well you throw up. I can’t sleep, I’m tired it’s 4.30 am and if I close my eyes I have nightmares in a semi asleep. Irritability or plain anxiety... ok that’s where I stop. I started reading about Tamiflu, this drug is no joke it’s strong and side effects are real. Now I wonder how long before I flush this out my system. For me it helped with symptoms but the sides are WAY STRONG. Costof dr visit + meds $300! and now I feel worse..."

Tamiflu... (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "This was prescribed for my 13-year-old. It didn’t seem to alleviate her symptoms, but the worst part was that it caused auditory hallucinations and terrible insomnia. The best thing for her would be to sleep but Tamiflu made it impossible. After five doses she refused to take any more. Fast forward three days and I get the flu. In desperation I took two doses of her unused Tamiflu capsules, after which my fever shot up and it became impossible for me to sleep."

Carlene January 17, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Symptoms before tamiflu - body ache, earache, persistent fever, coughing-feels burns inside and it hurts, vomiting while coughing, head pounding, Took only two doses so far and I stopped. I got Insomnia - I could not sleep- I need sleep to rest. I would lie in bed and unable to sleep. Also I got nauseas not for the whole day though. The medication is excellent in response to the flu !!!! My fever broke down after four hours. The coughing stopped except the stuffy nose. It stopped the earache and body aches! Beside that I drank lots of teas or water. I ate a bit."

Pink1111899 January 9, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I have taken this medicine twice. The first time I took it within the 48-hour period and my symptoms were gone within 3 days and made a full recovery over a 6 day period. Now, as I write this is a different experience. My flu symptoms started two days ago with body ache, chills, head ache, throat ache and vomiting. I started tamiflu later that day. My body ache and chills have gone away but I have been throwing up more and feel so light headed. I have been drinking tons of fluids and pedialyte. These meds are extremely powerful and I'm not sure if its because I'm petite but my doctor told me to discontinue these meds (day 2 now) and I feel very uneasy on them. godspeed if you try them!"

thecatspajamas (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I’ve had the flu for two days now, they gave me tamiflu and about 30 minutes after taking I vomited.I’ve vomited two times now wouldn’t recommend this"

Mad (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Influenza: "I got sick with the flu on a Wednesday! I went on Friday to the doctor who prescribed Oseltamivir which is a generic version on tamiflu, started taking it right way and I have to say it is definitely helping! I think because I started taking it within the 48hrs it has worked wonders for me! Today is the 2nd day I’ve taken it and I have to say fever has gone away, I don't get those nasty chills anymore, I’m able to keep food down! I have been able to sleep which reading other people’s comments they have had trouble. The only thing about this medication is that it will make you break out. I normally have really nice skin but I woke up with 2 nasty pimples! I’ll take that rather then feeling miserable! I hope I get better soon but so far so good."

Beckybeckz December 29, 2018

For Influenza: "I started using this medicine since yesterday and I feel must to share my HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE so some other innocent patient knows what can happen. This OVER PRICED medicine makes you more sick - I got nausea, lost of appetite, vomiting twice in a days, dehydration, dizziness. Instead of getting cure I'm getting worse and finally discontinuing it realizing not only my money get WASTED but also my health gets worse. "

Sid December 28, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was so excited to start tamiflu. I thought that it would help the pain go away and shorten the symptoms. It all started with a mild cough and a sore throat. The next day I woke up with a 102.6 fever and around 3am and started vomiting. I went to urgent care the next day and they gave me tamiflu. I will NEVER take this again. I was more nauseous than before and I was vomiting like crazy! After taking this medicine, I feel worse than I did before I started taking it. I 100% do NOT recommend."

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I got more sick taking the generic version of Tamiflu. Awful!...Migraine headaches, stomach cramps, vomiting. I felt no improvement until a friend of mine brought Black Elderberry cold and flu relief for flu symptoms. I called the doctor and the pharmacist letting them know this product should not be marketed. Shame on them! Where is the caring of human health...My ER visit and pharmacy cost close to $300."

Bir (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018