User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Learn more about Oseltamivir.

Swine Flu 14 reviews 2 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 6 reviews 44 medications

4.7
Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 240 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The only symptom I had not had from the flu was vomiting. I brought the Tamiflu home and took a pill. Within an hour I was feeling very nauseated I tried my best to ignore it and keep my stomach down, but within another hour I was in the bathroom vomiting horribly. Continued the entire night. Now the next morning I still cannot hold down anything. $100 down the drain, can't even take it"

Suffering.2017 March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Influenza: "My husband came home from a conference with a (cold), so I was hoping not to get it. Went out of state for Spring Break, when on the first day had fever and chills. I knew it wasn't a "cold", so immediate went to local urgent care. Was diagnosed with flu (no swab) and given Tamiflu and a Vitamin B12 shot. Took first dose and threw up within 2 hours, woke up with a headache, but otherwise, didn't feel horrible. Progressively got better, and was actually able to enjoy my trip. I'm better than my husband, who's the one that gave it to me! It's a lifesaver!"

Jenny Lynn March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I have taken Tamiflu once in the past & don't recall anything like what I just went through taking it that was also almost 5 years ago, but I feel like if it was this bad I'd remember! I was diagnosed Sunday at Urgent Care with the flu.The first day of medication it was amazing,I thought yes this is working, the second day not so much !I had a horrible headache, was completely drained like to the point of not wanting to move to go to the bathroom, & to say it gave me bowel issues is an understatement!I had horrible diarrhea from it to the point of it happening while I slept!!!I have never had that happen too me with any meds or sickness! I emailed my regular doctor (it was after office hours) & she responded with Stop it!!!!"

Ravensgirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Mid February, I had a sore throat & cough that would not go away. Developed into 102 degree fever and I went to the doctor and did the swab and was told I had the flu. Took Tamiflu and an antifreeze color cough syrup and felt noticeably better on day two after beginning with meds. Stayed home for a total of 5 days without leaving the house and my energy level didn't come back to normal for a couple of weeks, but I eventually got over it. Now, I've got a head cold with all the discomforts of that, but not nearly as bad as a month ago. Hoping this Z-Pack kicks this cold to the curb!"

Big JC (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Started it 12 hours into flu symptoms. Even 4 Advil would not stop the pain and fever. Flu test was negative but there are many false negatives during flu season so they prescribed it anyway. I started to feel better by the next morning the horrible aches and pains & fever were gone. I forgot to take the 8pm dose before I went to bed and I woke up with the same horrible aches and fever at 4AM. Big mistake. So I took it at 4AM and the aches are gone now at 9AM and fever is down. No nausea, no dizziness, nothing. FYI if you read the studies, nausea occurs in 1-2% of people. It occurs in 17% of the study participants receiving placebo, so just ignore the reviews of nausea"

Rupelia (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I began having flu symptoms at work 2 afternoons ago -fever, chills, achiness. I went directly to an urgent care clinic. The flu test was negative, but the physician's assistant said I had come in so quickly that I probably wouldn't test positive yet. Based on my symptoms and the current flu outbreak in our area, she prescribed Tamiflu. That night, my fever broke in the middle of the night. When I had the flu before, the fever would return in the evenings, but I've had no more fever and chills. Also no achiness, just fatigue. The only side-effect I experienced from the Tamiflu was moderate diarrhea. Much better than being sick for a week or two.l!"

Vicki HS March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I got violently ill with Influenza A on Monday night. Scary high temperature. Went to the Urgent care Tuesday morning with a more moderate 101.4 temp. Didn't feel better until Wednesday noon (3 doses) but today on Thursday I feel like I never had the flu. Even my cough is better. Side effects were kind of nasty though as I had extreme diarrhea that was as bad as what you get for colonoscopy prep. So on Tuesday and Wednesday morning I would have told you it wasn't worth it. But by early Wednesday afternoon I was glad I did it."

kksf7 March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was diagnosed with the Flu, I was prescribed Tamiflu, the doses on the first day were ok, the first dose on the second day caused me to wish I never took it, it started with a headache, then diarrhea, then nausea, then vomiting, then bloody diarrhea, it started at 9:25 am, it's now 5:50 pm and no relief in sight! Whomever invented this "Drug" should be made to take it, I feel worse now than when I started having the flu!"

Big Lou (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Both my husband and I were diagnosed with influenza A and prescribed generic Tamiflu. I Experienced severe vomiting about 60 minutes after taking each dose. Vomiting is the most freqent side effect listed in the insert. Not sure if the few doses I took did anything at all, except for completely clearing out my stomach. My husband did not tolerate the medicine well either, although he did not have the vomiting that I experienced."

Kavrn (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My fiancé caught the flu I could tell by his symptoms and him sleeping all day for 3 days with high fever. So the moment I felt the body aches, chill and ran a fever of 101.4 I went to the doctor and was prescribed Tamiflu 75mg 2 times a day. Was not given a swab test just by my symptoms they told me it was the flu.. Being pregnant and having the flu puts me at a higher risk for complications so of course I wanted to take it to get better. The first pill I took was at night I woke up feeling so much better just a Little nauseous so I though Tamiflu is a life saver but by my third pill I woke up very dizzy and it's very scary. I last took a pill yesterday morning and still feeling dizzy and wierd. Doc says to finish but I refuse!"

Miss. Sarah Anne March 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My six-year-old son started to experience flu like symptoms chills fever bodyaches and so I took him to the ER and they prescribe Tamiflu because he tested positive for type a influenza this was on a Friday and by Saturday afternoon he was eating again not like he normally does but more than he was on Friday which was nothing basically but some applesauce I am thankful for the Tamiflu because I believed it helped alleviate his flu virus now if his fever is low enough he can go back to school on Monday I don't think this would have been possible without the Tamiflu"

Lisao79907 March 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Came down with the flu on Sunday had fever, back ache, sore throat, etc went to the doctor but they didn't check for the flu said it was sinus infection. By Tuesday I was still feeling ill so went back to doctor and had positive flu test. Started tamiflu that day. Tamiflu caused me to be extremely nausea on Wednesday I was throwing up from Tamiflu. I did not throw up or have diarrhea in the 3 days I had the flu. Not sure if I want to keep taking it or not but it's Thursday and although no fever or back ache still have flu headache and exhaustion."

Vicky T (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Influenza: "Began feeling ill at work Friday 2/24 with a cough (thought it was post nasal drip) & a stuffy nose. Took a Zyrtec & sudafed with little relief. On Saturday I thought I had a cold & the beginnings of an ear infection so I treated my symptoms with Tylenol, sudafed and Benadryl. By Sunday I couldn't rest with the coughing so I took Delsym and one dose of that thickened the mucus up so bad I gagged whenever I coughed. On Monday I tested positive for the flu and took my 1st dose that night. Within an hour I was gagging again but wasn't sure if it was the congestion or oseltamivir. I sipped on some soup and felt better within a couple of hours. Got my 1st good nights rest since Friday! Btw I was vaccinated :("

Flu-less (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was prescribed Tamiflu after testing positive for influenza. I thought I just had a head cold but nothing OTC was touching my symptoms before Tamiflu. However, I recommend weighing your flu symptoms before taking Tamiflu, especially if you are a busy person who doesn't have time to be laid up on the couch like myself. If the flu already has you nauseated & a pounding headache, the potential headache & nausea side effects from Tamiflu won't be noticeable. Before Tamiflu I felt I could vomit at any second & just the sunlight intensified my headache so much my eyes would just pour water, today I no longer feel that way. I know the zofran has also helped with the nausea. 36 hours (3 doses) into Tamiflu & my aches are noticeably better"

Anonymous February 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was prescribed tamiflu Tuesday evening, took my first dose shortly after getting home from doc. I ate a small meal as it said to but nonetheless an hour or two later I was throwing up, felt horrible. I stopped taking this medication after the one dose and the next day I felt better. I hate this medication and will not take again."

Lizzit February 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Fever, chills, nausea, pounding migraine Friday, took a dose Fri night, Saturday morning and by Saturday night was feeling better. I was skeptical about the drug and scared of vomiting/nausea/diarrhea side effect but glad that decided to try it. To those who get nauseous taking it, take it with a piece of bread and ginger ale. LITERALLY with a piece of plain bread (I had Hawaiian sliced) and ginger ale. DO NOT eat a heavy meal. The RX says "Take it with a meal or a piece of bread". Nope, do not eat a meal, you will get nauseous. I do want to add that those who are more nauseous than others probably have more mucus in their stomach. Just my opinion. I was taking Mucinex at the same time so it helped with being nauseous from mucus greatly."

Anonymous February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Influenza: "I tested positive for influenza B and began Tamiflu the next day. It made me queasy and gave me diarrhea two to three times per day. I took one probiotic a day and ate one yogurt a day and still wound up with the worst yeast infection ever. I used MonistatOne but had to use it again three days later. Horrible side effects for me. The Tamiflu did not help my symptoms until I was on it for 4 complete days."

ladybug247 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Second time on Tamiflu, and exactly the same experience...awesomeness!!! This time around I started getting sick at 4am...bathroom issues and severe nausea "

Feeling Better Woo Hooo (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Influenza: " For me it was incredible, in few hours I saw the improvement, without side effects, always take it with food. Truly effective, to eliminate the annoying symptoms of a bad flu."

sila February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I tested positive for Influenza A in the ER and was started on Tamiflu on the spot. I had been having severe flu symptoms for 2.5 days prior. I would say the drug helped reduce the symptoms within 3 doses. Side effects were minor: drowsiness, a little stomach upset."

LindaLK (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My 7 year old was prescribed tamiflu. It helped his flu symptoms, but caused him to hallucinate, very agitated and feelings of wanting to hurt others. I would not recommend tamiflu for children of any age. My husband and I both took it with no side effects others than some nausea."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I tested positive for Influenza A on Tuesday afternoon, I took my first dose of Tamiflu that night. Had a fever over night but then my temp broke by Wednesday morning, so that was the last time I had a fever and today is now Sunday. My only 2 complaints about the Tamiflu is that it made me incredibly nauseous every time I took it and I also got bad headaches from it too."

Amanda Puhlease February 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Was able to get a prescription within 48 hours of my flu symptoms. Horrible body aches, headache, sore throat, cough, fever, and chills. The stuff has really worked! My symptoms were reduced considerably including my fever after two dosages. I have not had any of the other problems mentioned in these reviews at this time, well into day two of taking the pills twice a day. Although I had absolutely no appetite, I made sure I ate a little something with the pill. This may be partially why I have not had digestive issues, I really have not been eating. Other than a little bit with the pill twice a day."

ABQ NM (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Flu hit me bad on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. Sore throat, aches, low grade fever. I wasn't getting better by Thursday so I went in that night and tested positive for influenza A. Took first dose that night with a big dinner. next morning I only had a snack (bc it says just a snack is fine) I was throwing up bad within 30 minutes. Called the pharmacy & thankfully you can take meclizine with it. Next dose Friday night I ate A LOT & took half a meclizine & I was fine. I'm on my 2nd dose Saturday night & still feel sick. I'm sad b/c I thought I'd be near the end of the flu by now. My throat isn't as bad but my body is still so weak & I have a headache. I'll still take it, bc I bet I would have gotten worse, & I'm a mom"

LMarn (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My daughter had a fever Wednesday night of 101.6, figured she was getting a cold, she slept fine that night. Thursday mid morning she had a temp of 104.3, brought her to doctors, confirmed case of influenza A. She started that Thursday mid day, it is now Friday night ( she's had 4 doses) she now has a temp of 99.2, no aches, her eyes look less watery than yesterday. Now she has a runny nose but other than that she is doing good. I've been on tamiflu for 2 days and have had slight nausea and diarrhea. But eating has helped with the nausea, best bet is to take it with food."

Mom I Maine February 10, 2017