User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Learn more about Oseltamivir.

Swine Flu 14 reviews 2 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 6 reviews 42 medications

4.7
Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 253 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Flu commenced Saturday morning, felt like I was hit by a bus. Fever, joints aching, head pounding, dry cough, chills, and weakness. All I could do was sleep. First dose of Tamiflu that evening. Sunday flu symptoms still there, started easing Sunday night. Monday headache gone, aches mostly gone, cough reduced, fever gone, still feel a bit weak. For an immune suppressed person feeling like this is the quickest recovery I have ever made from a flu usually I get secondary infections and so far I haven't. I think because I started taking so early it stopped the progression of the virus. I also ensured that I ate enough before each tablet to keep away nausea and it worked."

Funkybandit (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Thursday started feeling like a cold was coming on, woke up Friday to a horrible headache, lower backache and fever. Felt paralyzed at one point in the worst pain. Went to doctor it was flu and pneumonia. She prescribed Tamiflu explained may be side effects. Well I was desperate. I took it and I didn't feel the best that night just slept but the next day I almost felt totally better! Thank the Lord with prayers and this medicine I am doing much better. Eat with it because it can make you a little nausea. Maybe a little dizzy too but way better than what I was feeling!!!"

Soccergirl19lsc May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Terrible. I am a senior. I was not prescribed tamiflu until 3 days of onset. No problem with diarrhea but...I felt like I had been poisoned. Total of 4 doses and the balance of the pills will never be taken again. Cough worsened, fever worsened, overall aches and pains increased with each dose. Unable to sleep, and now a pounding headache. Maybe I should not have been prescribed Tamiflu so late into my symptoms. Horrible experience."

Peanuttt (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Not sure if people actually get the purpose of this medicine. This medicine is to fight the flu and shorten it by 1.3 days, this medicine will not cure the flu over night. After just finishing my second dose, I can say you have to take this medication with food. I took without food and felt nausea within 15 minutes. Felt a lot better after forcing myself to eat. As far as how well its working I can say this is my 4th day of the flu and my symptoms are slowly residing. Still feel god awful but its reassuring to know something is trying to kick this flu's butt"

whocaresaboutanickname April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Tamiflu NOT worth feeling better by 1/2 day (per scientific review)! Physician started me on Tamiflu (Flu confirmed by lab.) Took exactly as prescribed and fared relatively well the 1st day. The 2nd day was mostly uneventful. The 5th dose resulted in mild nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. The 6th dose was horrible. Shortly after the 6th dose I experienced acute abdominal pain, and severe nausea/vomiting, and diarrhea. My abdomen hurt so badly I asked my husband to take me to the ER. The wait was painfully/unbearably long so decided to go home. I ate nothing but ice chips for 48 hours. Never made it past the 6th dose. Tamiflu so overhyped and can have significant side effects."

MarieZ2 April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "This is the second time my son has been on Tamiflu for type B influenza in three years. My husband and I decided to give it a try the first time and it worked so good. This second time when the doctor asked us if I wanted to give him the medicine I knew I would. The main symptom that it helped with was his stuffy nose, sore throat and body aches. Within one day last time he was up and about. This time I see a difference starting two days after taking. His fever was 102.3 for two solid days and it's down to normal. This only works if you start taking it within 24 hours after first symptoms begin. Will not work any later because of the way the flu progresses in the body."

Works fast (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My entire household had the Flu - type A. My 6 month old baby went to the ER with a 104.7 fever rectally. She tested positive for type A flu. That's how we knew that's what everyone had. I was the only person out of 4 to not get it at this point. After taking 1 dose her fever was down. When we missed her 3rd dose accidentally, her symptoms started to return (not fever though). I could tell this was working. I got the Flu a few days later. I immediately went to urgent care. They didn't have tests, but prescribed it for me since the baby tested positive. I have to say this is the EASIEST Flu I've ever experienced. I don't feel perfect, but it works! Eat with it for nausea prevention."

Imreneelaura (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "For the people who are worried about taking Tamiflu because of vomiting or worse symptoms, there is no need. I was worried of vomiting when my doctor prescribed it too me. To lessen the chance or basically exterminate the chance of vomiting, have a snack or a meal and you won't feel a thing. It will feel like your taking a regular medicine."

Joeyg11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Started Tamiflu within 36 hours of symptoms and felt so much better within 48 hours. My symptoms originally didn't include nausea and that didn't change after starting Tamiflu, although I did take the pills with a little in my stomach. I'd take it again."

Ailing Okie (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I came down with flu symptoms on Sunday (chills, back pain, couldn't get out of bed). My husband took me to urgent care on Monday where I was diagnosed with a B strain of flu and given tamiflu and zofran. The first dose of tamiflu on Monday night was ok, I made sure to eat and took the zofran. However, early Tuesday morning I woke up with terrible stomach pains and diarrhea. The diarrhea continued all day and night Tuesday (if you've ever had a colonoscopy, it was exactly like doing the prep for that) and Wednesday I skipped the zofran and took Imodium instead. I did ok Wednesday until evening; along with the diarrhea I also experienced terrible chills and back pain that made it difficult to take a breath. I won't be taking any more tamiflu"

Hampam (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was diagnosed Thursday with Flu B the symptoms started the night before. The Dr said I would be 150% better 24 hours later. It is now Sunday and while I have managed to keep everything dosage in, it has been a struggle!! I did have a flu shot so between the shot and the tamiflu I thought I would be better off. I have not left my bed except to go to the bathroom as moving my head makes me feel like I have to vomit. I am not sure if I could say this nausea and dizziness is from the flu or tamiflu but I am afraid at this point it may be making me more sick than I would be otherwise."

Kacki22 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My daughter barely benefited - if at all - from taking Tamiflu. She began taking Tamiflu liquid on the first day of contracting the flu (her annual flu shot failed to protect her). A week later she still has flu symptoms, though they remain moderate and never became severe. Her fever peaked at 103F, is now 100.5. Her nose remains stuffy, she still has a mild cough and body aches. Overall I am fairly dissatisfied with this product, especially considering the high cost of $86 after insurance."

Diana's Dad (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Never had the flu or flu shot in my 53 years on this planet. I guess there is a first time for everything. Diagnosed with influenza A within 48 hours of feeling sicker than I ever remember, severe fatigue, insane headache, chills, back ache, scratchy throat and difficult getting a good breath in. The nurse prescribed Tamiflu and Zofran (for nausea). Took the first dose of both drugs that night, I awoke feeling somewhat better and after the second dose I knew this stuff was working. Still super fatigued and no appetite, but I have had zero nausea or vomiting. I think the addition of Zofran is key. Tamiflu definitely lessens the symptoms and stops the virus from spreading through your entire body if given within 48 hours."

Goddess1964 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The only symptom I had not had from the flu was vomiting. I brought the Tamiflu home and took a pill. Within an hour I was feeling very nauseated I tried my best to ignore it and keep my stomach down, but within another hour I was in the bathroom vomiting horribly. Continued the entire night. Now the next morning I still cannot hold down anything. $100 down the drain, can't even take it"

Suffering.2017 March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza: "My husband came home from a conference with a (cold), so I was hoping not to get it. Went out of state for Spring Break, when on the first day had fever and chills. I knew it wasn't a "cold", so immediate went to local urgent care. Was diagnosed with flu (no swab) and given Tamiflu and a Vitamin B12 shot. Took first dose and threw up within 2 hours, woke up with a headache, but otherwise, didn't feel horrible. Progressively got better, and was actually able to enjoy my trip. I'm better than my husband, who's the one that gave it to me! It's a lifesaver!"

Jenny Lynn March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I have taken Tamiflu once in the past & don't recall anything like what I just went through taking it that was also almost 5 years ago, but I feel like if it was this bad I'd remember! I was diagnosed Sunday at Urgent Care with the flu.The first day of medication it was amazing,I thought yes this is working, the second day not so much !I had a horrible headache, was completely drained like to the point of not wanting to move to go to the bathroom, & to say it gave me bowel issues is an understatement!I had horrible diarrhea from it to the point of it happening while I slept!!!I have never had that happen too me with any meds or sickness! I emailed my regular doctor (it was after office hours) & she responded with Stop it!!!!"

Ravensgirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Mid February, I had a sore throat & cough that would not go away. Developed into 102 degree fever and I went to the doctor and did the swab and was told I had the flu. Took Tamiflu and an antifreeze color cough syrup and felt noticeably better on day two after beginning with meds. Stayed home for a total of 5 days without leaving the house and my energy level didn't come back to normal for a couple of weeks, but I eventually got over it. Now, I've got a head cold with all the discomforts of that, but not nearly as bad as a month ago. Hoping this Z-Pack kicks this cold to the curb!"

Big JC (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Started it 12 hours into flu symptoms. Even 4 Advil would not stop the pain and fever. Flu test was negative but there are many false negatives during flu season so they prescribed it anyway. I started to feel better by the next morning the horrible aches and pains & fever were gone. I forgot to take the 8pm dose before I went to bed and I woke up with the same horrible aches and fever at 4AM. Big mistake. So I took it at 4AM and the aches are gone now at 9AM and fever is down. No nausea, no dizziness, nothing. FYI if you read the studies, nausea occurs in 1-2% of people. It occurs in 17% of the study participants receiving placebo, so just ignore the reviews of nausea"

Rupelia (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I began having flu symptoms at work 2 afternoons ago -fever, chills, achiness. I went directly to an urgent care clinic. The flu test was negative, but the physician's assistant said I had come in so quickly that I probably wouldn't test positive yet. Based on my symptoms and the current flu outbreak in our area, she prescribed Tamiflu. That night, my fever broke in the middle of the night. When I had the flu before, the fever would return in the evenings, but I've had no more fever and chills. Also no achiness, just fatigue. The only side-effect I experienced from the Tamiflu was moderate diarrhea. Much better than being sick for a week or two.l!"

Vicki HS March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I got violently ill with Influenza A on Monday night. Scary high temperature. Went to the Urgent care Tuesday morning with a more moderate 101.4 temp. Didn't feel better until Wednesday noon (3 doses) but today on Thursday I feel like I never had the flu. Even my cough is better. Side effects were kind of nasty though as I had extreme diarrhea that was as bad as what you get for colonoscopy prep. So on Tuesday and Wednesday morning I would have told you it wasn't worth it. But by early Wednesday afternoon I was glad I did it."

kksf7 March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was diagnosed with the Flu, I was prescribed Tamiflu, the doses on the first day were ok, the first dose on the second day caused me to wish I never took it, it started with a headache, then diarrhea, then nausea, then vomiting, then bloody diarrhea, it started at 9:25 am, it's now 5:50 pm and no relief in sight! Whomever invented this "Drug" should be made to take it, I feel worse now than when I started having the flu!"

Big Lou (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Both my husband and I were diagnosed with influenza A and prescribed generic Tamiflu. I Experienced severe vomiting about 60 minutes after taking each dose. Vomiting is the most freqent side effect listed in the insert. Not sure if the few doses I took did anything at all, except for completely clearing out my stomach. My husband did not tolerate the medicine well either, although he did not have the vomiting that I experienced."

Kavrn (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My fiancé caught the flu I could tell by his symptoms and him sleeping all day for 3 days with high fever. So the moment I felt the body aches, chill and ran a fever of 101.4 I went to the doctor and was prescribed Tamiflu 75mg 2 times a day. Was not given a swab test just by my symptoms they told me it was the flu.. Being pregnant and having the flu puts me at a higher risk for complications so of course I wanted to take it to get better. The first pill I took was at night I woke up feeling so much better just a Little nauseous so I though Tamiflu is a life saver but by my third pill I woke up very dizzy and it's very scary. I last took a pill yesterday morning and still feeling dizzy and wierd. Doc says to finish but I refuse!"

Miss. Sarah Anne March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My six-year-old son started to experience flu like symptoms chills fever bodyaches and so I took him to the ER and they prescribe Tamiflu because he tested positive for type a influenza this was on a Friday and by Saturday afternoon he was eating again not like he normally does but more than he was on Friday which was nothing basically but some applesauce I am thankful for the Tamiflu because I believed it helped alleviate his flu virus now if his fever is low enough he can go back to school on Monday I don't think this would have been possible without the Tamiflu"

Lisao79907 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Came down with the flu on Sunday had fever, back ache, sore throat, etc went to the doctor but they didn't check for the flu said it was sinus infection. By Tuesday I was still feeling ill so went back to doctor and had positive flu test. Started tamiflu that day. Tamiflu caused me to be extremely nausea on Wednesday I was throwing up from Tamiflu. I did not throw up or have diarrhea in the 3 days I had the flu. Not sure if I want to keep taking it or not but it's Thursday and although no fever or back ache still have flu headache and exhaustion."

Vicky T (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017