User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Influenza Prophylaxis
4.3

Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 6.4 420 reviews

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was prescribed Tamiflu after being ill with a strange and strong flu virus but it made me feel so much worse with vomiting, nausea, dizziness and headaches in addition to my flu symptoms. It really isn’t worth it and I wish I wasn’t prescribed it because now I’m faced with the task of finishing it because you have to complete the pack. I’m dreading taking the next one. It really isn’t worth feeling this way for hardly any benefits. Plus it’s super expensive."

Nauseated (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Friday night I started to feel sick like maybe it was just a cold. I took some ibuprofen and drank some water after a shower hoping if I laid down to rest I'd wake up and feel at least a little better. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to only have a cold. Saturday morning I woke up to the most miserable temperature cold chills, sweats, I felt awful. So I went to urgent care sure enough influenza B. They prescribed me Tamiflu and it cost 40 after insurance. It literally says it reduces symptoms by a day. But it hasn't done anything at all its Monday mid morning and no matter how much I alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen my temperature is still between 101.6 and 103.4 I feel worse. The medicine makes you extremely fatigued and sore in abdominal area."

Justice (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve contracted flu so doctor gave me Tamiflu to take twice a day for 5 days. Took one last night and started vomiting and sweating uncontrollably that I had to be taken to hospital to check on myself and baby. We’re both fine but Tamiflu is way too strong for me to take, I’d rather take paracetamol and rest. Wouldn’t recommend."

MamaInMaking (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "This is a strong medication. I felt drunk. I couldn't do nothing had to sleep the whole time. It did bring the fever down, nothing else was working . You have to eat something before you take them. I tried taking them without and got so sick. The only thing is I do lots of ultrasound because I have kidney stones and we'll usually that is all I have but last time when they check I had 2 hémangioma in my liver.. so I don t know if it was cause by the tamiflu. I don t recommend this to kids or people ex on chemo.. it's too strong. For me it's the last time I'll ever take them.."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Though the reviews are very mixed, I had a good experience with the generic. Was able to start taking it within 12 hrs of the first symptoms. Thought I might be coming down with a cold in the morning, by that evening, fever, aches like a ton of bricks had landed on me. Dragged myself out to pick up the prescription (about $48 with a coupon) and took the first one. Had a terrible night of sweats, fever and restlessness, but felt much better in the morning. No detectable side effects."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was prescribed Tamiflu for my flu symptoms. When you're so sick you're crying in the doctors office you take whatever you can to feel better. So I took it and felt a little better after a couple days. HOWEVER, I had acne almost immediately upon my last pill. I had acne all over my face, neck and back and I never break out like that. This acne would not go away for three months until I started doing acupuncture. I even traced my steps back to see if I changed my laundry detergent or body washes to see if that was the cause. It was definitely from the Tamiflu. It’s stinks that drugs can work but have the worst side effects. Take your vitamins, eat well and try to avoid getting sick."

Jules (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I just started taking this and I took it with milk so no vomiting, pooping, nausea but I am wide awake. It doesn't say anything about insomnia on the paperwork. How long does this last?"

QueenB (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I discovered an effective flu reliever in Tamiflu. I was at work and about to go home because my body felt heavy, my joints were quite aching and my body temperature was hotter than usual. There seemed to be flu attack going around our work place because the staffs were getting it one after the other. So I decided to see the GP and I’m diagnosed with Influenza A. Tamiflu was prescribed for twice a day. I took it and it was definitely less than 8 hours before the onset of symptoms. I experienced fever, chills and headaches symptoms but improved immediately. The good effects of Tamiflu. The next day I was well and good and took my bath as I do every morning. Indeed Tamiflu was very effective and it did not give me any bad side effects at all."

Sarah September 9, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Last night at 9 pm, the flu came on. I had headache, severe aches and pains, fever that went up to 101.8, ice cold numb hands and ice cold toes, nausea, and dizziness. I immediately took a Tamiflu 75mg. I drank a lot of water and TJs cherry juice throughout the night. I was at least 50% better the next morning at 6. And now, it's 1 p.m., and I don't have a fever, no aches and pains, just a little grogginess/weakness. I think because I took the Tamiflu immediately, it really worked well. I'll definitely keep a box on hand at all times."

rocnrlr (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I went to urgent care after 18 hours of wicked temperatures, cough, feeling miserable. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu 2x's a day for 5 days. Had extreme diarrhea within 2 hours of first dose. By middle of the night my fever broke, which was the only good thing. Day 2 of meds, very nauseated and then insomnia.... Not a wink of sleep ALL NIGHT. Not worth feeling like this from a medication."

Ms Temp (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Disgusting medication. Will never ever take it again. My son 5yrs and myself 32yrs have been so nauseas and dealing with such cramps would rather suffer through the flu."

Lolzsmith May 8, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Not effective at all! Made me very nauseous and dizzy! I would rather suffer thru the flu! I took it for the full amount of days, but had to cut to once a day instead of twice just to get thru it!! Never again!! It is noted on my medical chart to not give it to me again! I do not think insurance covered all of it! I think it was 30-40 dollars out of pocket?"

DoeDoe May 1, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "At first I thought I had a cold, so I probably missed the 48 hour window by the time I was able to pick up the medication. Before taking this I think my fever reached its peak, no more chills and temp wasn't 101.7 anymore. Kept getting a reading of 95.7 even after buying a new thermometer. But I was told to take it. Are a big meal with my meds and new symptom of stomach pains started. I didn't have this problem when just taking cold meds and having the flu. I won't be taking this the next time around but I will finish the 5 day packet, I don't want to find out what happens if I quit early."

Kj (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I've been prescibed this for the first time. Less than an hour after my first dose, the side effects had me running to the bathroom. Now 3 days in, I've not slept in 2 because I can't get away from the bathroom thanks to terrible diarrhea, and I've also lost 12 pounds. A little absurd. After going back to the hospital about this, I'm informed this is "normal" and "expected" I will never touch this poison again"

Pained (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Will not take again. Saw no difference in the length or severity of flu for my husband and I than friends who took it at the same time. Urine developed strong foul odor (online many noted this) and after completing therapy we both developed respiratory problems and had to go to the ER."

Donna (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Was told I tested positive for flu given Tamiflu. Threw up within an hour with diarrhea. Now awful stomach pains and sweating. Feel like I'll be hitting round two for vomit. Spent $100 to flush it? Nope. Not taking"

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Just got prescribed tamiflu yesterday (2 pills per day) after dealing with coughing, headaches, fever, and congestion for 3 days. I took it that evening and I didn't feel any side effects but I also didn't notice any changes in flu symptoms. Next day I took it in the morning after eating and about an hour later I got super nauseous out of nowhere and ended up vomiting. I had no idea about the side effects until now... Honestly, I'd rather deal with my stuffy nose and cough then worry about whether I'm going to start puking again or not. Now I just feel worse than before... I don't think I'm going to continue taking it."

val (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I started experiencing symptoms of the flu exactly 48 hours before I was prescribed with tamiflu. After my first dose I experienced extreme nausea and vomiting within thirty minutes and decided the medication wasn't worth the pain. I hadn't had any issues with nausea before taking the tamiflu. Although the next morning I was already feeling noticeably better. I won't continue the medication, as the worst part of the flu is already over but I don't think I will be taking it again."

ejc905 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Started taking it less than 12 hrs after symptoms. First night very bad but after 3 doses noticeably better. Still some chills but high fever at 24 hrs. Stomach pain is bad though....I have not been able to eat so sure that isn't helping. Worth the money for sure"

stellasmom (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Puked within an hour of taking it. I'd rather deal with a sore throat and coughing."

Nopenopenope (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Influenza: "I think this medication is helping. The cost of this medicine is ridiculous."

Linda March 27, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "A coworker was sick and tested positive for influenza A. A few days later I started feeling very tired, headache, chills and my throat hurt when I swallowed (no cough or nasal congestion) Because I started feeling ill my husband insisted that I go to our GP who swabbed me for influenza (I was running a low temp 99 and because my coworker had influenza A). I was shocked when they said I tested positive for influenza B! She said it was so important that I came in to see her so early (the morning after I started feeling chills etc) she prescribed Tamiflu 75 mg, two a day. I started taking it and luckily only had mild nausea as side effect but the flu symptoms never progressed! Still no cough or nasal congestion! I just took my 6th pill. I am extremely exhausted and still have chills/body aches but It’s the most manageable flu I’ve ever had. * I did have my flu shot end of October so I’m sure the flu shot/tamiflu combo made this one pretty mild as far as influenza is concerned."

TJFLA (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The doctor prescribed me Tamiflu 1 pill twice a day for 5 days.I took Tamiflu for 3 days and although the flu symptoms got better already by the second day into the treatment, I had horrible side effects from the medication: a very strange headache around the eyes and forehead (it was hard to even open my eyes), nausea, a feeling of heaviness on my legs and arms, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, heart palpitations and horrible nightmares. On the forth day I stopped taking it and the headache disappeared, but the other symptoms remained though in minor scale. I’m on the 6th day and still not fully recovered from the side effects, the feeling of heaviness in my legs and arms still persists. I would not recommend this medication and wish I hadn’t take it. I have told all my friends to never take it."

FabL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Went to the doctor this morning and found out I had the flu. My symptoms begun 2 days ago so they said I’m right at the end of it working but to try it anyway. I haven’t been having an appetite lately due to the illness, but I made sure to eat before taking the medicine since I didn’t want to take it on an empty stomach. Within 3 hours, I was severely nauseous and just threw up 5 times. I will not be continuing this medication. I am going to let my body fight this off naturally. These side effects are not worth it to me."

Tac (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I took it right about at the 48 hour mark. Within 30 minutes I was violently vomiting. I will not be continuing the prescription. I feel worse than before."

Anonymous March 22, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...