User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza Prophylaxis

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis. 22% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis.

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “On day two can’t sleep as the abdominal pain is so severe. Had diarrhea today no vomiting. Severely fatigued today but going to truck through as I am severe asthmatic and death is worse than what I am going through now so sucking it up. But I would say this medicine is horrible.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I came down with the flu TYPE B a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.”

Brian W. March 1, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My kids were exposed to the flu and were prescribed liquid Tamiflu as a preventive measure. I was able to reason with my 5 year old to get her to take it but my 2 year old was having none of it. I tasted it myself to see what the issue was. It really is disgusting. For $200 out of pocket I would expect a medicine designed for children to taste a little better.”

CatLady85 · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Prescribed Tamiflu after being exposed to someone who tested positive for the flu, and I was showing mild symptoms (congestion, drainage, fatigue). The only side effects I noticed at first was nausea and stomach cramps. I took the pill with plenty of food. The stomach upset wasn't so intense I couldn't handle it. I'm on the last of my pills (2 left) and today my anxiety is a bit increased. I have an anxiety disorder so I'm not sure if it's the pills or just me. As far as taking care of my symptoms: I do feel like it helped keep symptoms less severe than they would have been without it. I fared much better than my relative who tested positive. But I never got tested so I have to give it a 5 since I'm not sure if it was the flu or a common cold.”

Flu hater · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 15, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 6 year old daughter was feeling sick. We went to Nextcare. We told the doctor she had been feeling bad for 3 or 4 days. He prescribed Tamiflu even though it says not take it to unless you have been experiencing symptoms for less than 2 days. $200 later she is worse than I have ever seen her. Watch out ,big pharmaceutical doesn't care.”

Brooke mom of 9 January 31, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I have 5 little ones sick with the flu. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu, The taste is horrid, I have to wrestle each one of them to get the medicine down. I now have 2 with such bad nausea and diarrhea. I am assuming side effects. One with nose bleeds. I can't say if it has helped, for a prescription I would hope for something easier for children to take. Also, They have still had the high fevers and flu symptoms. 4 of the children were taking Tamiflu before flu symptoms accrued.”

thiazole · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2015

“My wife and son both got the H3N2 strain that wasn't covered by the vaccine and I hadn't had the flu in about 20 years, so there was no chance I had any immunity. I asked my doc for a prophylaxis prescription of Tamiflu, and being the cool doc that he is, he obliged. In spite of being coughed on multiple times by my son and caring for 2 people who had the flu, I remained flu free. I'm very impressed. I'm amazed people have to pull teeth the get a prescription for this medicine as a prophylaxis.”

maylavinia · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2016

“I had bought this drug ONLINE for a trip to China. Never tried it before. Was concerned about the nausea and/or missed the short initial window for starting the course. Returned from a cross country flight and within five days had a bad sore throat. Following directions, I took first dose within 24 hours AFTER eating a meal. No nausea. Day Day 4 I still feel sick - sore throat, sore neck by ears, hoarse, coughing, headache - but all are bearable and I can function. I imagine it would have been much worse w/o the drug. I forgot to wipe down airline seat and environs on the last leg of the trip. Never again!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Experienced rapid heartbeat and bloodshot eyes on second day as well as blurred vision on the fourth day.”

Learn more about Influenza Prophylaxis