User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Swine Flu 14 reviews 2 medications

7.7
Influenza 161 reviews 90 medications

Avian Influenza 1 reviews 2 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 4 reviews 43 medications

2.2
Summary of Tamiflu reviews 180 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "I was on vacation when I started feeling symptoms: fever, body aches, weakness etc. Once I got back into the states I went straight to urgent care as my symptoms continued. Dr gave me Tamiflu. She said it's most effective if taken within the first few days the symptoms start, but hopefully it will help shorten the time left. My fever and body aches were gone by the next morning thank god. I did experience some dizziness in my head, no vomiting but severe diarrhea.. oh god, my stomach feels like it's on fire from the inside. I didn't eat much in the days prior to taking it but I made sure to eat a little something before each dose. I'm unable to return to work until I can get my stomach issues under control. Stopped taking after 2.5 days."

healthyhappylife (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Influenza "My 5 yr old woke up with fever and lethargic called doc had her in by 8am. She tested positive for flu so they gave her tamiflu, antibiotics. Poor baby would puke for 10 min twice a day. Imagine this twice a day for a week. I called the doc they say don't discontinue. Said nothing of nausea. I have 2 teenagers and been through flu several times and never seen anything like it. Never again. False sense of feeling better then you are on the floor puking till your eyes are blood shot glossed over. So sad. I won't do the next box."

Sick baby (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

For Influenza "I was in Phoenix for a business trip, and went to bed Sunday night feeling great. 8am woke up with scratchy throat, and 4 hours later in the ER with a 102.5 fever. They gave me a spinal tap, CT scan, so much blood was drawn for test that came back good, chest X-rays. After spending 6 hours there they released me with a virus. They said they couldn't test for flu because they were out of test strips. WTF! So I flew home Tuesday night and was back in ER yesterday 8/31..They also did blood, chest X-rays and lower GI MRI. They did the flu test and it came back positive. I was given a prescription for tamiflu which was around 60 hours after my first symptom. It's now 24 hours after ER with 2 doses in and I feel 60% better already. TAKEFOODw/it"

4x to ER (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Influenza "I took Tamiflu (I had bought it previously for a trip to China) without checking with a doctor because I wanted to get it into my system before 24 hours from illness onset. While I definitely feel ill (sore throat, achy neck under ears, coughing, feverish, headache) I am able to do basic things at home. I am guessing I would have felt much much worse without Tamiflu, but who knows? I flew cross country seven days ago and failed to wipe down my seat and environs on the final leg of the trip. Sure that was the source. No nausea at all, but I had looked up the side effects before ingesting the first dose and took it after eating a small egg meal. I was really worried about the nausea so am very relieved."

MayLavinia July 11, 2016

For Influenza "FACT: tamiflu will make you vomit if your stomach is empty. With having the flu my appetite was none, just water and orange juice, I took the first dose with my empty stomach and I vomited very bad. For the next 9 doses I eat a decent meal just right before taking tamiflu and had no problem. The tamiflu works pretty well after 48 hours"

JMRG1976 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Influenza "I tested positive for flu on my second day of being sick. The doctor told me I MUST eat something before taking tamiflu or I could possibly have violent vomiting. Even though I was very dehydrated and nauseous already, I managed to eat a few saltines with ice chips. The only issue I had was strange dreams. By the second day of taking tamiflu I felt 80% better. Highly recommend but difficult to get unless you test positive."

Sick with flu May 12, 2016

For Influenza "Took Tamiflu on day 2 of the flu. Was unbearably nauseous for About 6 hours after taking it. Like, wanting to die and just wondering how to get through the next few minutes kind of nauseous. So mad at dr for not warning me. I didn't take it again. I'd rather have the flu for two weeks than go through even one more day of that."

Sicksicksick May 4, 2016

For Influenza "I was on day 2 of feeling flu symptoms, I went to the doctor and they prescribed Tamiflu for me. After just taking 3 doses, I feel so much better. I didn't have any nausea."

purple_penguin1024 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Influenza "I was prescribed Tamiflu for the obvious reason, to lessen the duration of my flu symptoms. WORST MISTAKE EVER. The nausea was the worst I have ever experienced. The vomiting was worse than just puking on the flu itself. The nausea and vomiting lasted about 4-5 hours after taking Tamiflu. I would never waste my money on this drug again."

HollySS14 April 26, 2016

For Influenza "First night had crazy dreams. Couldn't settle in. Next day nauseous all day. Worse than flu symptoms. I will never take again."

LoriSicktomystomach April 16, 2016

For Influenza "My daughter, 11 yo, was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza A. She took it for a day, it helped to break the fever but at a high cost of the worst nausea in her life. We decided to discontinue taking it as side effects are worse than flu symptoms on their own. Please be cautious of severe nausea if you decide to take Tamiflu."

Nilu2 April 16, 2016

For Influenza Prophylaxis "My 6 year old daughter was feeling sick. We went to Nextcare. We told the doctor she had been feeling bad for 3 or 4 days. He prescribed Tamiflu even though it says not take it to unless you have been experiencing symptoms for less than 2 days. $200 later she is worse than I have ever seen her. Watch out ,big pharmaceutical doesn't care."

Flu hater (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

For Influenza "Used tamiflu when needed for 3 years miracle drug and I'm glad to say I 've had no side effects up to now"

Fluvoxuk April 15, 2016

For Influenza "My son and wife both came down with bad cases of the flu, and I started to experience extreme chest tightness, cough, and fever about five days later. Took my first dose of Tamiflu about 15 hours after experiencing symptoms, and within 12 hours was feeling 50% better. Within 24 hours was 90% better. No side effects. Simply a miracle drug, and everyone should have a box in their medicine cabinet."

Flu family (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu worked great! I was back to my normal routine by the second dose. I didn't experience any of the side effect that others wrote about, but it was definitely worth the $27 copay."

Sicknomore75 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Influenza "Within hours of taking TAMIFLU I was hospitalized because I could not breathe from throwing up so much, my nose was stopped up from the flu and throwing up blocked my air way. Honestly paying this much money for a medication that made my life worse was not worth it. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. Yes the flu is terrible but with this it was worse. At one point while vommiting my eyes were so glazed over and I almost passed out because I was so weak. My husband was terrified for me and I honestly felt like I was having an out of body expietence. WORSE MISTAKE EVER."

Jenks3021 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Influenza "On day two and definitely feeling better. My wife caught the flu a day or two before me so I knew what was coming. Got tamiflu withing 24 hours of onset. I can feel symptoms strengthening as I get 10 or so hours after dose (dosing every 12 hours). Not a miracle but anything that that makes this hellish flu less horrible is very, very welcome indeed. No stomach problems."

Flubird April 8, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu worked great for me. I was up moving around and feeling much better after the second dose. The only side effect I experienced was a little insomnia, but that could have been caused by the flu itself. Remember, like any other drug, results vary by individual. Tamiflu is not a miracle drug, and will not work the same for everyone."

scottorr75 April 8, 2016

For Influenza "One hundred and fifty nine dollars of my hard earned money WASTED! If i had already felt close to death TAMIFLU nearly killed me projectile vomited for three hrs after taking it! Wasn't even nauseous before taking it! Don't do it!"

backfromthedead! April 7, 2016

For Influenza "My son started running a mild fever (100.2), and I took him to the doctor the same day. He tested positive for Flu B, so the Dr prescribed Tamiflu. I also started feeling sick the same day, so I started Tamiflu as well. We both took our double dose that same day. The next day my son woke up with a mild fever, but it went away without Advil or Tylenol. I woke up feeling 10xs better than I did the day before. We have been continuing our tamiflu twice daily, and plan on finishing it. We are on day 3. I think the people who have negative reviews, for one did not start it soon enough, and two you have to finish all of your tamiflu as prescribed. You can't stop, because you feel better. It was worth the price for us! Amazing stuff!"

Dlauren105 April 7, 2016

For Influenza "Seemed effective in eradicating my flu symptoms quickly... but traded those for a brutal headache and dizziness. I stopped after three days, and two days after stopping dizziness only new wearing off. Tamiflu? No thanks."

Brett12345 April 5, 2016

For Swine Flu "This medication was seriously a life saver. I was diagnosed the day after I started showing symptoms and took it pretty much after I left the pharmacy. I went from a 102 fever to normal within six hours. It'd day three and I still have a bit of a cough, but I don't feel nearly as wretched as I have the past couple of days. The only complaint I would have is it makes me dizzy if I stand up for too long at a time."

PoorGradStudent (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Influenza "I went to urgent care on second day of constantly vomiting and body aches with stuffy nose. And I ended up having flu and a stomach virus. So I was given nausea meds and tamiflu. So it did not make me sick like most people thanks to Zofran. But two days after starting I feel almost 100% unfortunetly it keeps me up ALL night. But no sleep is better than the flu..."

Meaghan512243134784332 April 4, 2016

For Influenza "When my 3 year old was diagnosed with the flu, our pediatrician prescribed our whole family tamiflu in case others came down with it. Within 48 hours, my 2 year old and 8 month old spiked fevers. I treated their flu with tamiflu within hours of symptom onset. Less then 24 hours later, both boys have no fever and minimal symptoms. Seriously a life saver. We didn't experience any side effects. I had heard a lot of negative things about the side effects, I was apprehensive-but it saved our family!!!"

RMomof4 March 28, 2016

For Influenza "I began Tamiflu on my second day of fever. Vomiting/nauseous within an hour of taking it. Keep at it for 3 more doses then this morning didn't take any. I'll consider the vaccine next year! Other products you can return for a refund if dissatisfied. Wonder how that would go over?"

Angie the sicko March 28, 2016