User Reviews for Tamiflu

Influenza Prophylaxis
2.2

Summary of Tamiflu reviews 6.0 455 reviews

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "Normally, when I get the flu, I just take Dayquil and Nyquil after the fever, 3 days later I am fine. This year, my wife insisted I go to the doctor to get medicine 1 day after I already had my fever. I was prescribed Tamiflu, and 11 days later I am still coughing, now that's 13 days of being sick, on day 9 my son caught it. So in conclusion Tamiflu just made everything worse. If I had just did dayquil nyquil I would have no symptoms, not be coughing or sneezing, and would less likely spread the virus. Never taking Tamiflu again."

BGB3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2019

For Influenza "I followed directions and took this with food, within 2 hours I started experiencing nausea which would lead to vomiting. This cycle then repeated itself several times. I ended up vomiting 5 times within 2 hours. The weird thing is that even when my stomach was completely emptied out and I had stopped consuming anything, even water, I kept vomiting but nothing would come out. This was a much worse experience than the flu itself, not worth it to knock out only 1 day of illness. I would only take this if you are at high risk of developing pneumonia and are otherwise unhealthy/immuno-compromised, I would not give to children at all. I understand Tamiflu works fine for some people but it really is a risky dice roll and I will not be taking it again or finishing the regimen. They should change the advertising on this to say "For when you want to feel worse than the Flu""

snug (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2019

For Influenza "I got the Flu and it hit me hard and I fainted and was so sick so I went to the ER. They tested me and I had Influenza B. They prescribed this antibiotic and the first time I took it I felt completely fine, however, on the second day I took it I got intense nausea and vomited to try to feel better. As soon as I started vomiting I got a nosebleed as well. I spent the night vomiting continuously and after that I couldn’t keep anything down for about 2 days, along with intense pain in my abdomen. This felt worse than the actual Flu"

Est (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2019

For Influenza "I woke up Monday morning and I had started to feel really run down and exhausted. I though I just had a bad cold so I just made sure to rest all day. Tuesday morning I woke up with a fever, congestion, and I could barely get out of bed. Thursday afternoon I finally went to the doctor where I was diagnosed with the Influenza A (H3N2) Virus. They prescribed me Tamiflu to see if it would help with my symptoms. So that Thursday night at around 10pm I take the medicine and an hour later the nausea started. I began throwing up too. I have never felt so nauseous before, it was horrible! I ended up in the emergency room at 4am to see if they could give me anti-nausea medication to make it stop and they did. I did take the medication on an empty stomach but that's because I had absolutely no appetite all week while sick. I definitely wont be taking this medication again. It is not worth feeling that nauseous ever again!"

Ariel May 5, 2019

For Influenza "I started taking tamiflu on the 3rd day of having the flu. It actually made the flu symptoms go away by the next day but the side effects are not worth it. I got so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up. I had cold sweats and nausea from the dizziness. I also got horrible abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I stopped the medication after the 3rd dose because I couldn’t take care of my daughter or myself from the intense dizziness. I would not recommend this medication."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2019

For Influenza "Daughter was swabbed for the flu, which came back negative. However, based on symptoms, Urgent Care doctor still prescribed Tamiflu. She took three pills and literally began sleeping in the bathroom due to the constant diarrhea. Was told to just take pepto bismol. By day two she had blood in her stools, sweating, and stomach/abdominal pains that have been so bad that she can't get out of bed. She's had a constant headache, to where she just needs to stop and hold her head. On day four since stopping the medicine and is still it eating, still occasional diarrhea and the stomach pains are still present. I have been forcing liquids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated from the lack of eating and constant diarrhea. Never again will I allow her to even accept this medication from a doctor! This medicine needs to be taken off of the market!"

TAAT (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2019

For Influenza "Going on day 3 and from the 1st dose I have had abdominal pain!! Heartburn on fire, slight strange headache, cough. Stopping this stuff as not worth it! Should have known, but I thought I would try it. Never again"

MAM (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2019

For Influenza "I was feeling horrible for 2 days I went to medexpress and there the doctor gave me tamiflu. I have been on it for 3 days and no change my cough has worsened, still stuffy nose, eyes burning, no appetite,and diarrhea I don't recommend this to anyone"

Mrs.D (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Influenza "I started taking tamiflu and on day 3 I started having severe panic attacks, I woke up out of a dead sleep because I thought someone was screaming at me. I was trying to take care of my son and I almost passed from the dizziness caused by the tamiflu. Not to mention the horrible nausea, heart burn, and stomach cramps. I will never take this drug again."

Maddie (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Influenza "This caused me diarrhea so bad I pooped my pants everyday while I was taking this"

Nani March 27, 2019

For Influenza "I started taking Tamiflu 36 hours into having the flu. While I did not have as many of the side effects as others have experienced, I did have horrible diarrhea almost immediately after taking the drug. Additionally, I experienced 2 sleepless nights, tossing, turning, back aches and insomnia. With that said, my flu symptoms dissipated within 24 hours of taking the drug, so I do feel like it shortened the duration of the flu. Also, the drug was expensive... Over $100. My insurance barely paid for any of it. I think you have to ask yourself, are you OK feeling bad for an additional day or two in exchange for just having the flu or are you willing to get back 24 hours of your life with the risk of some not so pleasant side effects. After 4 doses, I decided to go off. Hoping the Flu doesn't return as I am not going to finish the course my doctor prescribed. I want to get a good nights rest and not have to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. I'll roll the dice."

Jen D (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Influenza "I only took three doses, about one hour after the third dose I got such severe lower abdominal pain that I went to the emergency room. It has been nearly 48 hours after my last dose and I am still experiencing excruciating pain in my lower abdomen and am considering another trip to the emergency room. I would never take this again, and I am still running a fever."

Cmd1122 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

For Influenza "Just a heads up. If you suffer from cluster headaches please don’t take tamiflu. After my first dose it threw me into a pain level 10. I had been doing well with for past 2 months. I’m chronic with cluster headaches. Anyway I know the difference of drug induced cluster and it is huge. So please don’t take if you suffer from these. I feel it is a good drug - just not for me"

N March 20, 2019

For Influenza "I’m 18, got the flu for the first time. The doctor gave me Tamiflu. After the first dose of Tamiflu I woke up from a nap and barely knew where I was. I felt like I was a different person and was under the influence until the medicine wore off. Next time I get the flu I will NOT take Tamiflu."

Eli March 20, 2019

For Influenza "My son had body aches, headaches, fever of over 103, eye pain and a cough on 14 March so took him to emergency room on 15 March and he was prescribed tamiflu. Took it that night by the next morning on the 16 March he feels 90% back to himself. He took it with food and plenty of fluids as well and not side affect was a weird nose bleed which the pharmacists weren’t aware that was a side effect. Yip Tamiflu works."

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

For Influenza "I am stopping this medication now (my third day) and will NEVER take again. I am so nauseous and cannot stop vomiting. I am unable to even sip water! I have an awful pain in my upper abdomen and I have not slept since beginning treatment. I would rather suffer through the flu than the side effects of this so called medication, the flu is much less painful."

Froggy (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Influenza "High fever and body aches began on Monday. Went to doc Tues morning and tested positive for Type A flu. Was prescribed Tamiflu and took first dose early Tues afternoon. My fever ceased by Weds morning, but the pain in my head began to increase dramatically. It's Thursday and I now have diarrhea and am extremely nauseas. I could not sleep last night at all. The pain in my head was unbearable. I decided to take one of my migraine pills to see if it worked as I could not take it anymore. It relieved it slightly. My mouth tastes horrible and I think it is what is making me even more nauseous. Doc sent med for my young girls for prevention since they were exposed to the virus as well. They have not had any side effects. I do not think I am going to take my doses today. I cannot continue with this nausea and headache."

Reng March 7, 2019

For Influenza "I was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza type A and started taking it within about 15 hours of onset of symptoms. Day 2 I suffered from mild heartburn, but by day 3 the heartburn was so severe it kept me up in the night. Way down on that long list of possible side effects, dyspepsia (heartburn/indigestion) was listed. I am happy for those who found success with Tamiflu, but I will never take it again! It is not worth “shaving off a day” of being sick when some of the side effects can be much more painful or debilitating than the actual sickness. (By the way, the only thing that has ever given me that intensity of heartburn is jalapeño peppers!)"

Lorith (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

For Influenza "After two days on Tamiflu, I feel worse. The nausea, heachaches, and insomnia are unbearable. I also had horrible stomach cramps after the first night of taking this med. I have a loss of appetite and a weird taste in my mouth as well. The nausea is hideous. This medication is much too strong. I feel more sick having taken Tamiflu. I will stick to ibuprofen and ride out the rest of this flu. I do not recommend Tamiflu. Seems a bit risky to me."

Sunnyside (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

For Influenza "My 7yo who had the flu shot in Oct was just diagnosed with Influenza A. She has high fevers of 103.8, fatigue, headache, body aches, runny/stuffy nose and congested cough. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu and I gave it to her within 24 hours of her symptoms. Within 7 hours of the first does she had NO fever, no body aches, no fatigue, no headache. NO SIDE EFFECT so far. She is back to herself again! Tamiflu has been a lifesaver! Think the real issue is this over hyped up ineffective flu shot that is overly promoted in the media!"

Gray (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

For Influenza "Myself and 4 of my children took tamiflu immediately after flu symptoms started and within 24 hours every single one of us felt so much better, still sick just not death bed sick. We made sure to take it with some food and never had any side effects at all. Children’s ages are 4, 6, 9 and 12."

Nadene (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Influenza "I got diagnosed with severe type A flu with a fever of 103 and terrible chills with none stop nausea and vomiting . The first two doses were great I lost the chills and my fever went down. However after the 3rd dose I started to have intense stomach cramps that were so bad I had to go to the ER. Additionally I started to have random jerks with my arms and legs when I tried to sleep, I had intense chills, my eyes were dry and bloodshot, a intense headache. The worst part of the Tamiflu experience is that I was also not able to take me zofran for my vomiting. It reversed the effect of the zofran so instead of making my nausea go away it made it many times worse. Anything except for water made my stomach ache to the point of going to the ER as said earlier. This is the first review I have ever done for anything online which is a shocker because I am 18. I am doing this to emphasize the total hideous side effects of this drug. wouldn’t recommend this to anyone."

Mike February 25, 2019

For Influenza "It seems to be working. I have bad anxiety and it gave me a mild cough. I'm only taking it once a day. I have influenza A. I did have diarrhea when I first started it and some strange breathing but that got better too. I would take it again if needed."

Misssickalot (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

For Influenza "First time user, first time with flu. After taking tamiflu I had an allergic reaction. My lips become swollen like I had bad injections so bad I thought they were going to bursts. I had hives all over my back and stomach. That was the first day. However, my fever was gone and so were the aches and pains. But I still felt sleepy and groggy due to the meds and sweat like crazy. Changing my clothes and sheets during the night every night after waking up soaking wet no joke. I stayed dehydrated because I am constantly sweating , not something I normally do. I’m drinking 8+ bottles of water and 2 large 32oz bottles of juice/Gatorade right now . I would Recommend you definitely stay very hydrated. I have 2 days left of meds. Not perfect but, beats being sick with aches pains and 104 fever like before cause I felt worse before meds."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For Swine Flu "My daughter (9) and I (37) were tested positive for H1N1. Both of us were prescribed Tamiflu. Both of us had to stop early (I stopped after 2 days or 4th pill, my daughter stopped after 1st day or two 7.5mg doses). I had insomnia, bad back pain, stomach pain and nausea. After I stopped it cramping continued for awhile. My daughter’s eyes were puffy, red with blood vessels popped, nausea, stomach pain. But the worst was at night when she was so weird! She felt like someone picks her up and drops her back on the bed. She also had difficulty answering easy questions like “ what’s your last name?” I pray that all this will go away soon. Her eyes got better the next day we stopped Tamiflu. Thank God I didn’t give Tamiflu to my 3 year old. It was prescribed to her as precautionary measure since she was definitely exposed to the virus. I would not forgive myself. I wonder if anybody who developed or selling or prescribing this medication is taking it themselves. Probably not."

Ibar February 23, 2019