User Reviews for Tamiflu

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tamiflu.

Swine Flu

Influenza Prophylaxis
2.2

Summary of Tamiflu reviews 5.7 253 reviews

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "I do not recommend Tamiflu whatsoever. The first night it gave me diarrhea. I will admit my flu symptoms improved the next day. However the second night I experienced extreme soreness in my right arm and shoulder that made it difficult to sleep. The third morning I took my first pill of the day, less than an hour later my face, chest, and stomach were covered with hives. I also had slight dizziness. I immediately stopped taking it. I am a healthy young adult and a medication has never done this to me. Wish I would have just let the flu run it’s course."

AM009 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Went to bed on a Sat night really late and felt great other than some stuffiness and sinus pain. Woke up late Sun morn and felt like I hit a brick wall head on. All the classic symptoms. Went to Doc on Monday morning. Surprise, tested positive for flu and also had a sinus infection. Took my Tamiflu and Thurs night I was a new person."

jackiesue77 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Believer despite mixed research I’ve found on the internet about whether this works or not! My 18 m/o 4:00am on Monday had a 103.5 fever which I immediately knew was flu. I rushed him to the ER and was prescribed Tamiflu for his influenza A and prednisone for his breathing. We are at day 7 and he is 100% with a lot of energy. Oxygen levels at ER were 88 now they are 98 but still keeping a close eye as to not miss anything. I was on Tamiflu because I have severe asthma and felt the aches. It took me five days to feel 100% but I’m thankful nothing serious has happened. I lost a cousin to the flu so I don’t mess around once I feel the symptoms! Don’t wait! Take with food!"

Roseh161616 November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "My doctor prescribed me tamiflu based off of my symptoms now I’m experiencing extreme nausea and vomiting ! The first night I took it was fine but the second dose had me running to the restroom three times and suffer nausea for the remaining of the day/night ."

November Blues November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "I was diagnosed with possible flu Saturday night at Urgent Care after spiking a fever of 103 all of a sudden and generally feeling like rubbish. I had a flu shot. End story, they didn’t actually test me but assumed, gave me a script for tamiflu and prescription ibuprofen (I have a history of headaches). Initially I thought it was great. After 2 doses, all the side effects started to hit. Insomnia, eye irritations, dizziness, bleeding nose, diarrhea. All for something my regular doctor said wasn’t actually the flu. When I saw my regular doctor on Monday, I was told to finish out the script but rightfully diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. Almost a week later, I still haven’t slept a full night. Never again tamiflu, never"

RRN5 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "The doc tested for Flu and it came back negative but he said I had all the symptoms of the flu (fever, body aches, dizziness, etc). He prescribed Tamiflu and said I could continue taking OTC medications as well. By the second dose, I was sweating profusely and felt clammy. I took my temp and it was 96.3F. That alarmed me, but I figured it was my body finding another way to fight my "flu". Once I woke up the next day, my temperature was 98F and I felt great but took the third dose of Tamiflu. Bad decision. 96.5 F temp, sweating, and clammy. Apparently hypothermia is a newer size effect of Tamiflu. I will not be taking the fourth dose and will continue my OTC meds. Not worth it."

ecw32692 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "I am in my 20's and deteriorated rapidly over a day coughing terribly, joint aches, migraine, very high fever that I couldn't get down with anything while feeling cold and shaking amongst other symptoms. After being up most of the night I went to the doctor and was told it's the flu - tested as well. I was prescribed tamiflu and it's already helping me so much my fever is much more manageable and although I'm still very sick I was able to sleep all night without severe temperature changes. I also suffer from chronic nausea and I know this medicine can make you feel nauseous, but I have had no problems with it at all (I am surprised). I would certainly recommend this treatment if you catch it in time."

K23 September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Avoid this medicine as much as possible. It created unbearable pain in my left hand/arm and my chest and my jaw. It also created insomnia. I stopped taking it after 2 days."

Abraham Shahverdi August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Flu commenced Saturday morning, felt like I was hit by a bus. Fever, joints aching, head pounding, dry cough, chills, and weakness. All I could do was sleep. First dose of Tamiflu that evening. Sunday flu symptoms still there, started easing Sunday night. Monday headache gone, aches mostly gone, cough reduced, fever gone, still feel a bit weak. For an immune suppressed person feeling like this is the quickest recovery I have ever made from a flu usually I get secondary infections and so far I haven't. I think because I started taking so early it stopped the progression of the virus. I also ensured that I ate enough before each tablet to keep away nausea and it worked."

Funkybandit (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Thursday started feeling like a cold was coming on, woke up Friday to a horrible headache, lower backache and fever. Felt paralyzed at one point in the worst pain. Went to doctor it was flu and pneumonia. She prescribed Tamiflu explained may be side effects. Well I was desperate. I took it and I didn't feel the best that night just slept but the next day I almost felt totally better! Thank the Lord with prayers and this medicine I am doing much better. Eat with it because it can make you a little nausea. Maybe a little dizzy too but way better than what I was feeling!!!"

Soccergirl19lsc May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Terrible. I am a senior. I was not prescribed tamiflu until 3 days of onset. No problem with diarrhea but...I felt like I had been poisoned. Total of 4 doses and the balance of the pills will never be taken again. Cough worsened, fever worsened, overall aches and pains increased with each dose. Unable to sleep, and now a pounding headache. Maybe I should not have been prescribed Tamiflu so late into my symptoms. Horrible experience."

Peanuttt (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Not sure if people actually get the purpose of this medicine. This medicine is to fight the flu and shorten it by 1.3 days, this medicine will not cure the flu over night. After just finishing my second dose, I can say you have to take this medication with food. I took without food and felt nausea within 15 minutes. Felt a lot better after forcing myself to eat. As far as how well its working I can say this is my 4th day of the flu and my symptoms are slowly residing. Still feel god awful but its reassuring to know something is trying to kick this flu's butt"

whocaresaboutanickname April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Tamiflu NOT worth feeling better by 1/2 day (per scientific review)! Physician started me on Tamiflu (Flu confirmed by lab.) Took exactly as prescribed and fared relatively well the 1st day. The 2nd day was mostly uneventful. The 5th dose resulted in mild nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. The 6th dose was horrible. Shortly after the 6th dose I experienced acute abdominal pain, and severe nausea/vomiting, and diarrhea. My abdomen hurt so badly I asked my husband to take me to the ER. The wait was painfully/unbearably long so decided to go home. I ate nothing but ice chips for 48 hours. Never made it past the 6th dose. Tamiflu so overhyped and can have significant side effects."

MarieZ2 April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "This is the second time my son has been on Tamiflu for type B influenza in three years. My husband and I decided to give it a try the first time and it worked so good. This second time when the doctor asked us if I wanted to give him the medicine I knew I would. The main symptom that it helped with was his stuffy nose, sore throat and body aches. Within one day last time he was up and about. This time I see a difference starting two days after taking. His fever was 102.3 for two solid days and it's down to normal. This only works if you start taking it within 24 hours after first symptoms begin. Will not work any later because of the way the flu progresses in the body."

Works fast (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "My entire household had the Flu - type A. My 6 month old baby went to the ER with a 104.7 fever rectally. She tested positive for type A flu. That's how we knew that's what everyone had. I was the only person out of 4 to not get it at this point. After taking 1 dose her fever was down. When we missed her 3rd dose accidentally, her symptoms started to return (not fever though). I could tell this was working. I got the Flu a few days later. I immediately went to urgent care. They didn't have tests, but prescribed it for me since the baby tested positive. I have to say this is the EASIEST Flu I've ever experienced. I don't feel perfect, but it works! Eat with it for nausea prevention."

Imreneelaura (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "For the people who are worried about taking Tamiflu because of vomiting or worse symptoms, there is no need. I was worried of vomiting when my doctor prescribed it too me. To lessen the chance or basically exterminate the chance of vomiting, have a snack or a meal and you won't feel a thing. It will feel like your taking a regular medicine."

Joeyg11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Started Tamiflu within 36 hours of symptoms and felt so much better within 48 hours. My symptoms originally didn't include nausea and that didn't change after starting Tamiflu, although I did take the pills with a little in my stomach. I'd take it again."

Ailing Okie (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "I came down with flu symptoms on Sunday (chills, back pain, couldn't get out of bed). My husband took me to urgent care on Monday where I was diagnosed with a B strain of flu and given tamiflu and zofran. The first dose of tamiflu on Monday night was ok, I made sure to eat and took the zofran. However, early Tuesday morning I woke up with terrible stomach pains and diarrhea. The diarrhea continued all day and night Tuesday (if you've ever had a colonoscopy, it was exactly like doing the prep for that) and Wednesday I skipped the zofran and took Imodium instead. I did ok Wednesday until evening; along with the diarrhea I also experienced terrible chills and back pain that made it difficult to take a breath. I won't be taking any more tamiflu"

Hampam (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "I was diagnosed Thursday with Flu B the symptoms started the night before. The Dr said I would be 150% better 24 hours later. It is now Sunday and while I have managed to keep everything dosage in, it has been a struggle!! I did have a flu shot so between the shot and the tamiflu I thought I would be better off. I have not left my bed except to go to the bathroom as moving my head makes me feel like I have to vomit. I am not sure if I could say this nausea and dizziness is from the flu or tamiflu but I am afraid at this point it may be making me more sick than I would be otherwise."

Kacki22 March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "My daughter barely benefited - if at all - from taking Tamiflu. She began taking Tamiflu liquid on the first day of contracting the flu (her annual flu shot failed to protect her). A week later she still has flu symptoms, though they remain moderate and never became severe. Her fever peaked at 103F, is now 100.5. Her nose remains stuffy, she still has a mild cough and body aches. Overall I am fairly dissatisfied with this product, especially considering the high cost of $86 after insurance."

Diana's Dad (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Never had the flu or flu shot in my 53 years on this planet. I guess there is a first time for everything. Diagnosed with influenza A within 48 hours of feeling sicker than I ever remember, severe fatigue, insane headache, chills, back ache, scratchy throat and difficult getting a good breath in. The nurse prescribed Tamiflu and Zofran (for nausea). Took the first dose of both drugs that night, I awoke feeling somewhat better and after the second dose I knew this stuff was working. Still super fatigued and no appetite, but I have had zero nausea or vomiting. I think the addition of Zofran is key. Tamiflu definitely lessens the symptoms and stops the virus from spreading through your entire body if given within 48 hours."

Goddess1964 March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "The only symptom I had not had from the flu was vomiting. I brought the Tamiflu home and took a pill. Within an hour I was feeling very nauseated I tried my best to ignore it and keep my stomach down, but within another hour I was in the bathroom vomiting horribly. Continued the entire night. Now the next morning I still cannot hold down anything. $100 down the drain, can't even take it"

Suffering.2017 March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "I have taken Tamiflu once in the past & don't recall anything like what I just went through taking it that was also almost 5 years ago, but I feel like if it was this bad I'd remember! I was diagnosed Sunday at Urgent Care with the flu.The first day of medication it was amazing,I thought yes this is working, the second day not so much !I had a horrible headache, was completely drained like to the point of not wanting to move to go to the bathroom, & to say it gave me bowel issues is an understatement!I had horrible diarrhea from it to the point of it happening while I slept!!!I have never had that happen too me with any meds or sickness! I emailed my regular doctor (it was after office hours) & she responded with Stop it!!!!"

Ravensgirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Mid February, I had a sore throat & cough that would not go away. Developed into 102 degree fever and I went to the doctor and did the swab and was told I had the flu. Took Tamiflu and an antifreeze color cough syrup and felt noticeably better on day two after beginning with meds. Stayed home for a total of 5 days without leaving the house and my energy level didn't come back to normal for a couple of weeks, but I eventually got over it. Now, I've got a head cold with all the discomforts of that, but not nearly as bad as a month ago. Hoping this Z-Pack kicks this cold to the curb!"

Big JC (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Influenza "Started it 12 hours into flu symptoms. Even 4 Advil would not stop the pain and fever. Flu test was negative but there are many false negatives during flu season so they prescribed it anyway. I started to feel better by the next morning the horrible aches and pains & fever were gone. I forgot to take the 8pm dose before I went to bed and I woke up with the same horrible aches and fever at 4AM. Big mistake. So I took it at 4AM and the aches are gone now at 9AM and fever is down. No nausea, no dizziness, nothing. FYI if you read the studies, nausea occurs in 1-2% of people. It occurs in 17% of the study participants receiving placebo, so just ignore the reviews of nausea"

Rupelia (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017