User Reviews for Tamiflu

Influenza Prophylaxis
2.2

Summary of Tamiflu reviews 6.2 415 reviews

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "I was diagnosed with influenza A. My doctor prescribed Tamiflu worst mistake I ever made was taking that stuff. It made me feel worse than the flu itself nausea vomiting anxiety sleeplessness. Took six doses out of 10 and I had to stop could not take it anymore. I will never take Tamiflu again!"

Kat January 22, 2019

For Influenza "I work with children so I get the occasional cold, but this time it wouldn’t remit with the normal over the counter stuff, so 3 days ago, off I go to Urgent Care. The Doc gave me Tamiflu, day one, liquids and just in bed no energy almost no food. Day two, chills sweats no energy, day three I’m feeling worst chills sweats now I’m visiting the Oval Office (bathroom) every 20-45 min diarrhea/nausea, so you cough and well you throw up. I can’t sleep, I’m tired it’s 4.30 am and if I close my eyes I have nightmares in a semi asleep. Irritability or plain anxiety... ok that’s where I stop. I started reading about Tamiflu, this drug is no joke it’s strong and side effects are real. Now I wonder how long before I flush this out my system. For me it helped with symptoms but the sides are WAY STRONG. Costof dr visit + meds $300! and now I feel worse..."

Tamiflu... (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

For Influenza "This was prescribed for my 13-year-old. It didn’t seem to alleviate her symptoms, but the worst part was that it caused auditory hallucinations and terrible insomnia. The best thing for her would be to sleep but Tamiflu made it impossible. After five doses she refused to take any more. Fast forward three days and I get the flu. In desperation I took two doses of her unused Tamiflu capsules, after which my fever shot up and it became impossible for me to sleep."

Carlene January 17, 2019

For Influenza "Symptoms before tamiflu - body ache, earache, persistent fever, coughing-feels burns inside and it hurts, vomiting while coughing, head pounding, Took only two doses so far and I stopped. I got Insomnia - I could not sleep- I need sleep to rest. I would lie in bed and unable to sleep. Also I got nauseas not for the whole day though. The medication is excellent in response to the flu !!!! My fever broke down after four hours. The coughing stopped except the stuffy nose. It stopped the earache and body aches! Beside that I drank lots of teas or water. I ate a bit."

Pink1111899 January 9, 2019

For Influenza "I have taken this medicine twice. The first time I took it within the 48-hour period and my symptoms were gone within 3 days and made a full recovery over a 6 day period. Now, as I write this is a different experience. My flu symptoms started two days ago with body ache, chills, head ache, throat ache and vomiting. I started tamiflu later that day. My body ache and chills have gone away but I have been throwing up more and feel so light headed. I have been drinking tons of fluids and pedialyte. These meds are extremely powerful and I'm not sure if its because I'm petite but my doctor told me to discontinue these meds (day 2 now) and I feel very uneasy on them. godspeed if you try them!"

thecatspajamas (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

For Influenza "I’ve had the flu for two days now, they gave me tamiflu and about 30 minutes after taking I vomited.I’ve vomited two times now wouldn’t recommend this"

Mad (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Influenza "I was so excited to start tamiflu. I thought that it would help the pain go away and shorten the symptoms. It all started with a mild cough and a sore throat. The next day I woke up with a 102.6 fever and around 3am and started vomiting. I went to urgent care the next day and they gave me tamiflu. I will NEVER take this again. I was more nauseous than before and I was vomiting like crazy! After taking this medicine, I feel worse than I did before I started taking it. I 100% do NOT recommend."

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

For Influenza "I got more sick taking the generic version of Tamiflu. Awful!...Migraine headaches, stomach cramps, vomiting. I felt no improvement until a friend of mine brought Black Elderberry cold and flu relief for flu symptoms. I called the doctor and the pharmacist letting them know this product should not be marketed. Shame on them! Where is the caring of human health...My ER visit and pharmacy cost close to $300."

Bir (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

For Influenza "Tamiflu should be off the market and I will never ever take it! It is hard to believe that some people had absolutely no side effects or just a little. I had to go back to Quick Care on the 4th day taking it because I thought I developed something really bad and because I was not able to distinguish between flu symptoms and side effects anymore. What I feel now is worst when I got the flu. The constant nausea, headache, body aches, rash that I developed, swelling torso, insomnia, frequent crying and bad thoughts about dying (yep, I know!) made me stay out of work for 5 days!"

Kim (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

For Influenza "I will never ever take tamiflu again!! After the first dose I had stomach cramps and diarrhea. But after the third dose I’ve been SO dizzy I can’t even close my eyes, nauseous, can’t sleep. I took it at 8:30pm it’s currently 2:30am and now vomiting. Had I known any of this prior I would’ve never even started taking it and I will not continue to take it either!"

Mamaof2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Influenza "I am 18 years old, and I have had influenza B before. I first started noticing symptoms on Saturday night, beginning with a mild cough. I woke up the next morning feeling awful, I couldn’t leave bed, I was running an 101.7 degree fever. The next day (yesterday) I felt twice as bad, I was running an 102.2 degree fever, so I went to urgent care. I was prescribed Mucinex and Tamiflu. 30 minutes after taking the medicines, I vomited twice. I thought it was just the Mucinex, so when I woke up this morning I only took the tamiflu. I have been vomiting all day. Not sure if it’s just my body rejecting the medication, but I know I felt much better before taking this."

Con (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Influenza "The price of this drug is ridiculous!!! So my physician wrote a prescription for Tamiflu $147 and for the new one dose flu medicine made by the same company with a coupon. With the coupon and my insurance it was going to be $90 for the new flu medication. The coupon stated that they would pay $60 and I would pay $30 plus what insurance did not cover, leaving the total cost at $150. For $150 I could be hospitalized. That is my hospital co-pay. Therefore it is cheaper to be hospitalized than to get medicine needed to treat an illness. As a healthcare professional, this is what is wrong with our healthcare system. Big pharmaceutical needs to be taken down!!!"

Healthcare professional November 28, 2018

For Influenza "I took Tamiflu last year 2 days after having flu symptoms and being recommended by my doctor. At first it worked great, completely knocked out my fever and chills. Then on day 2 of taking this drug, I got the worst headache of my life. I’ve never had migraines but I’m certain this drug caused me to have one. I had to lay in the dark, with no sound or light for 4 days. I would have rather had the flu for a month than take this medication. I would highly recommend NOT taking this med, it’s not worth it."

Heather (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Influenza "I am on the second day with Tamiflu, 3 more days to go. Had not been able to sleep at all even if I managed to, I will have nightmares. Had diarrhea and no appetite. What kind of medication is this? I am pay so much for it ! Wonder if I should stop taking it."

Jen October 30, 2018

For Influenza "I was prescribed Tamiflu after being ill with a strange and strong flu virus but it made me feel so much worse with vomiting, nausea, dizziness and headaches in addition to my flu symptoms. It really isn’t worth it and I wish I wasn’t prescribed it because now I’m faced with the task of finishing it because you have to complete the pack. I’m dreading taking the next one. It really isn’t worth feeling this way for hardly any benefits. Plus it’s super expensive."

Nauseated (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Influenza "Friday night I started to feel sick like maybe it was just a cold. I took some ibuprofen and drank some water after a shower hoping if I laid down to rest I'd wake up and feel at least a little better. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to only have a cold. Saturday morning I woke up to the most miserable temperature cold chills, sweats, I felt awful. So I went to urgent care sure enough influenza B. They prescribed me Tamiflu and it cost 40 after insurance. It literally says it reduces symptoms by a day. But it hasn't done anything at all its Monday mid morning and no matter how much I alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen my temperature is still between 101.6 and 103.4 I feel worse. The medicine makes you extremely fatigued and sore in abdominal area."

Justice (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Influenza "Currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve contracted flu so doctor gave me Tamiflu to take twice a day for 5 days. Took one last night and started vomiting and sweating uncontrollably that I had to be taken to hospital to check on myself and baby. We’re both fine but Tamiflu is way too strong for me to take, I’d rather take paracetamol and rest. Wouldn’t recommend."

MamaInMaking (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Influenza "This is a strong medication. I felt drunk. I couldn't do nothing had to sleep the whole time. It did bring the fever down, nothing else was working . You have to eat something before you take them. I tried taking them without and got so sick. The only thing is I do lots of ultrasound because I have kidney stones and we'll usually that is all I have but last time when they check I had 2 hémangioma in my liver.. so I don t know if it was cause by the tamiflu. I don t recommend this to kids or people ex on chemo.. it's too strong. For me it's the last time I'll ever take them.."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Influenza "Though the reviews are very mixed, I had a good experience with the generic. Was able to start taking it within 12 hrs of the first symptoms. Thought I might be coming down with a cold in the morning, by that evening, fever, aches like a ton of bricks had landed on me. Dragged myself out to pick up the prescription (about $48 with a coupon) and took the first one. Had a terrible night of sweats, fever and restlessness, but felt much better in the morning. No detectable side effects."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Influenza "I was prescribed Tamiflu for my flu symptoms. When you're so sick you're crying in the doctors office you take whatever you can to feel better. So I took it and felt a little better after a couple days. HOWEVER, I had acne almost immediately upon my last pill. I had acne all over my face, neck and back and I never break out like that. This acne would not go away for three months until I started doing acupuncture. I even traced my steps back to see if I changed my laundry detergent or body washes to see if that was the cause. It was definitely from the Tamiflu. It’s stinks that drugs can work but have the worst side effects. Take your vitamins, eat well and try to avoid getting sick."

Jules (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Influenza "I just started taking this and I took it with milk so no vomiting, pooping, nausea but I am wide awake. It doesn't say anything about insomnia on the paperwork. How long does this last?"

QueenB (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Influenza "I discovered an effective flu reliever in Tamiflu. I was at work and about to go home because my body felt heavy, my joints were quite aching and my body temperature was hotter than usual. There seemed to be flu attack going around our work place because the staffs were getting it one after the other. So I decided to see the GP and I’m diagnosed with Influenza A. Tamiflu was prescribed for twice a day. I took it and it was definitely less than 8 hours before the onset of symptoms. I experienced fever, chills and headaches symptoms but improved immediately. The good effects of Tamiflu. The next day I was well and good and took my bath as I do every morning. Indeed Tamiflu was very effective and it did not give me any bad side effects at all."

Sarah September 9, 2018

For Influenza "Last night at 9 pm, the flu came on. I had headache, severe aches and pains, fever that went up to 101.8, ice cold numb hands and ice cold toes, nausea, and dizziness. I immediately took a Tamiflu 75mg. I drank a lot of water and TJs cherry juice throughout the night. I was at least 50% better the next morning at 6. And now, it's 1 p.m., and I don't have a fever, no aches and pains, just a little grogginess/weakness. I think because I took the Tamiflu immediately, it really worked well. I'll definitely keep a box on hand at all times."

rocnrlr (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Influenza "I went to urgent care after 18 hours of wicked temperatures, cough, feeling miserable. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu 2x's a day for 5 days. Had extreme diarrhea within 2 hours of first dose. By middle of the night my fever broke, which was the only good thing. Day 2 of meds, very nauseated and then insomnia.... Not a wink of sleep ALL NIGHT. Not worth feeling like this from a medication."

Ms Temp (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Influenza "Disgusting medication. Will never ever take it again. My son 5yrs and myself 32yrs have been so nauseas and dealing with such cramps would rather suffer through the flu."

Lolzsmith May 8, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...