User Reviews for Tamiflu

Influenza Prophylaxis
2.2

Summary of Tamiflu reviews 6.4 391 reviews

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "Disgusting medication. Will never ever take it again. My son 5yrs and myself 32yrs have been so nauseas and dealing with such cramps would rather suffer through the flu."

Lolzsmith May 8, 2018

For Influenza "Not effective at all! Made me very nauseous and dizzy! I would rather suffer thru the flu! I took it for the full amount of days, but had to cut to once a day instead of twice just to get thru it!! Never again!! It is noted on my medical chart to not give it to me again! I do not think insurance covered all of it! I think it was 30-40 dollars out of pocket?"

DoeDoe May 1, 2018

For Influenza "At first I thought I had a cold, so I probably missed the 48 hour window by the time I was able to pick up the medication. Before taking this I think my fever reached its peak, no more chills and temp wasn't 101.7 anymore. Kept getting a reading of 95.7 even after buying a new thermometer. But I was told to take it. Are a big meal with my meds and new symptom of stomach pains started. I didn't have this problem when just taking cold meds and having the flu. I won't be taking this the next time around but I will finish the 5 day packet, I don't want to find out what happens if I quit early."

Kj (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Influenza "I've been prescibed this for the first time. Less than an hour after my first dose, the side effects had me running to the bathroom. Now 3 days in, I've not slept in 2 because I can't get away from the bathroom thanks to terrible diarrhea, and I've also lost 12 pounds. A little absurd. After going back to the hospital about this, I'm informed this is "normal" and "expected" I will never touch this poison again"

Pained (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Influenza "Will not take again. Saw no difference in the length or severity of flu for my husband and I than friends who took it at the same time. Urine developed strong foul odor (online many noted this) and after completing therapy we both developed respiratory problems and had to go to the ER."

Donna (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Influenza "Was told I tested positive for flu given Tamiflu. Threw up within an hour with diarrhea. Now awful stomach pains and sweating. Feel like I'll be hitting round two for vomit. Spent $100 to flush it? Nope. Not taking"

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Influenza "Just got prescribed tamiflu yesterday (2 pills per day) after dealing with coughing, headaches, fever, and congestion for 3 days. I took it that evening and I didn't feel any side effects but I also didn't notice any changes in flu symptoms. Next day I took it in the morning after eating and about an hour later I got super nauseous out of nowhere and ended up vomiting. I had no idea about the side effects until now... Honestly, I'd rather deal with my stuffy nose and cough then worry about whether I'm going to start puking again or not. Now I just feel worse than before... I don't think I'm going to continue taking it."

val (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Influenza "I started experiencing symptoms of the flu exactly 48 hours before I was prescribed with tamiflu. After my first dose I experienced extreme nausea and vomiting within thirty minutes and decided the medication wasn't worth the pain. I hadn't had any issues with nausea before taking the tamiflu. Although the next morning I was already feeling noticeably better. I won't continue the medication, as the worst part of the flu is already over but I don't think I will be taking it again."

ejc905 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Influenza "Started taking it less than 12 hrs after symptoms. First night very bad but after 3 doses noticeably better. Still some chills but high fever at 24 hrs. Stomach pain is bad though....I have not been able to eat so sure that isn't helping. Worth the money for sure"

stellasmom (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Influenza "Puked within an hour of taking it. I'd rather deal with a sore throat and coughing."

Nopenopenope (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Influenza "A coworker was sick and tested positive for influenza A. A few days later I started feeling very tired, headache, chills and my throat hurt when I swallowed (no cough or nasal congestion) Because I started feeling ill my husband insisted that I go to our GP who swabbed me for influenza (I was running a low temp 99 and because my coworker had influenza A). I was shocked when they said I tested positive for influenza B! She said it was so important that I came in to see her so early (the morning after I started feeling chills etc) she prescribed Tamiflu 75 mg, two a day. I started taking it and luckily only had mild nausea as side effect but the flu symptoms never progressed! Still no cough or nasal congestion! I just took my 6th pill. I am extremely exhausted and still have chills/body aches but It’s the most manageable flu I’ve ever had. * I did have my flu shot end of October so I’m sure the flu shot/tamiflu combo made this one pretty mild as far as influenza is concerned."

TJFLA (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Influenza "The doctor prescribed me Tamiflu 1 pill twice a day for 5 days.I took Tamiflu for 3 days and although the flu symptoms got better already by the second day into the treatment, I had horrible side effects from the medication: a very strange headache around the eyes and forehead (it was hard to even open my eyes), nausea, a feeling of heaviness on my legs and arms, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, heart palpitations and horrible nightmares. On the forth day I stopped taking it and the headache disappeared, but the other symptoms remained though in minor scale. I’m on the 6th day and still not fully recovered from the side effects, the feeling of heaviness in my legs and arms still persists. I would not recommend this medication and wish I hadn’t take it. I have told all my friends to never take it."

FabL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Influenza "Went to the doctor this morning and found out I had the flu. My symptoms begun 2 days ago so they said I’m right at the end of it working but to try it anyway. I haven’t been having an appetite lately due to the illness, but I made sure to eat before taking the medicine since I didn’t want to take it on an empty stomach. Within 3 hours, I was severely nauseous and just threw up 5 times. I will not be continuing this medication. I am going to let my body fight this off naturally. These side effects are not worth it to me."

Tac (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

For Influenza "I took it right about at the 48 hour mark. Within 30 minutes I was violently vomiting. I will not be continuing the prescription. I feel worse than before."

Anonymous March 22, 2018

For Influenza "My 5 yr old took tamiflu for flu. On the 3rd day he starts being super clingy and paranoid. Scared to go into the bathroom alone because "a spider might get him." Has trouble sleeping, talking in his sleep. 4th day has a nightmare at 2am, was acting like something was choking him, struggling/scratching at his own neck. I woke him, he says the grass is trying to choke him. Neck had scratches from clawing at himself. Could not get him to go outside 3 days later. It has been 2 months and his behavior has not been normal since. He won't go outside alone. He is afraid of things he wasn't before like caterpillars. Doesn't like closing his bedroom door if he is alone in the room. Nothing happened to cause this behavior. Only difference was the flu and tamiflu. Asked my doc about tamiflu being the cause and was basically told "not to believe what I read in some blog." But I strongly insist that there is nothing else to explain it. Kids don't just have life altering mental episodes for no reason!"

JB March 22, 2018

For Influenza "I took it outside the recommended treatment window , because my doctor recommended it. I didn’t know about possible side effects. I started vomiting after the second dose and awful nausea as well as diarrhea. I think it is not worth it. Maybe much more helpful if within 48 hour window. I think I may stop taking it."

Kitty (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

For Influenza "I took this medication for the first three days. I started to experience bloody nose and wheezing. I decided to check for side effects of Tamiflu. I found (on Google) that both of my issues were side effects of Tamiflu. I then checked the materials received with the Tamiflu. NOWHERE in or on these materials are these side effects stated. After about 24 hours of my last medication, I am still experiencing these same issues. I will not be taking the final three capsules."

Lovejow (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Influenza "My flu started with a hacking cough and vomiting. Within 6 hours, it was clear that I had something pretty severe. Went to the doctor about 36 hours later and was prescribed Tamiflu. The first 2 pills seemed to help, but after that I had diarrhea, a seasick like nausea and really bad insomnia. It's been 3 days and 6 pills later and I'm done. I simply can't take the diarrhea and I can't get any rest. Plus, when I return to work I don't want to have diarrhea and suffer from lack of sleep. I'll have to take my chances."

smalvin (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Influenza "Horrible drug. I took it for 3 days. Never again. Gave me horrible side effects. I still have pain in my back and cough. Did not help at all. I am only grateful that I used my brain and never gave it to my daughter. Since taking this I don't believe in doctors anymore especially those useless ones from walk in clinics."

Angie March 14, 2018

For Influenza "I can't keep it down. The second I swallow, I vomit. I've tried mixing with yogurt, macaroni salad, chocolate syrup, nothing."

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Influenza "I'm the RN who's review is just below who's unit was shut down. I'm on day 5 now last day of Tamiflu and this medication rocks! It reduced the intensity of the flu and I was feeling better by day 3. Now day 5, I'm just coughing up phlegm. No side effects at all. I sense others who reviewed this medication who had the flu may have confused their side effects with the flu symptoms? I would for sure repeat this medication again"

Rave Dave (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Influenza "I am amazed. Was sick, ached, temp, tired, nauseous, .... really felt awful. Within 8 hours of taking Tamiflu, symptoms diminished. Within 20 hours, 3 doses, only slight sore throat remains! Energy mostly back. Was expecting a miserable 2 weeks. I am grateful. I’ve heard Tamiflu may be more effective with some viruses than others...I was lucky"

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Influenza "Extreme fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, depression and anxiety. I felt so much better before taking this-- never had any of those symptoms before. This is awful, there is no way I can finish the prescription."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Influenza "I'm an RN and the unit I work on was shut down by the city due to a flu outbreak. No admissions were permitted during this out break. I started to have symptoms (muscle pain, headache, fever alternating with chills and lethargy). Within 24 hrs of the symptoms I took my first dose of 75mg of Tamiflu. I have yet to complete the course of the medication. I'm on my 3rd dose. I'm not sure if it’s made an impact on my symptoms, but, can for say that my experience of the flu in the past was way more intense than now. I feel tamiflu has likely decreased the intensity of the symptoms. I have had no side effects that I am aware of. I will update my review ongoing."

rave dave (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Influenza "In order for Tamiflu to work, you need to 1) test positive for influenza and 2) need to start taking it within 1 to 2 days of FIRST symptoms. I started getting a stuffy runny nose and thought it was a cold. Then the next day started feeling tired, body aches and started getting a fever. I went straight to the doctors and did a rapid test which was positive and started taking Tamilfu that evening. Now on day 2, still feel tired but overall much improved with no fever. If you look at the people who are complaining that Tamiflu doesn't work, it's because they've passed that initial 48 hour period and by then the virus is full blown and the anti viral Tamiflu isn't going to be as effective."

kissmekate (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018