User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza

Tamiflu Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Tamiflu

Hi · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

“Took 1 dose and had the worse nausea and then vomited 6-7 times and continued to feel horrible. I simply cannot continue the rest.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

“We have had this last year for type A, and this year for type B. I don’t know if it truly makes a difference. No one in my family gets side effects from it, and I think it is expensive. We do get flu vaccine, but the kids bring it home from a school.”

Cindy Lou February 28, 2020

“After mild symptoms of upper respiratory symptoms the day before, I awoke the next morning with 103.9F temp and thinking I might need to be hospitalized. My primary care physician had 1 sick visit slot open (thank goodness). By history and physical she diagnosed the flu and prescribed Tamiflu. I took the first dose and went back to bed. 6 hours later I felt better and no fever. I agree it is miraculous!”

BJC February 23, 2020

“Started feeling bad Friday afternoon.. I started with a cough then by noon I had body aches all over. That night ran a low fever. Saturday I went to the ER tested positive for FLU type B. My throat was hurting a lot too. Took the tamiflu and no real change in the way I felt. I was hoping that I would feel better... I think I should have been checked for strep. I think I have it on top of the flu. If you are still feeling bad. Go get rechecked.”

Bucky · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“Started with chills and an achy body. Temperature peaked at 101.7. Went to the doctor and was given Tamiflu. After two doses my temperature had gone back to normal. I did feel nauseous after the first dose and took Zofran to relieve the nausea. Fever did return but only a little over 100. After four doses no fever and feel pretty normal. Mind you, I did get the flu shot as I do every year. This is the first time in 30 years that I have gotten the flu!”

warbl · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“Got dxed with influenza A at urgent care roughly 30 hours after becoming symptomatic. I took it that afternoon, and by the next morning my fever already started to go down. I'm on day 3 and while I still feel kind of sick, I'm not NEARLY as miserable as I would have been without it. I didn't need to take any Tylenol these past 2 days. My fever is totally gone, the only coughing I have now is productive in actually getting up phelgm. I didn't get any of the horrific side effects that people are mentioning here, and I'm starting to wonder if those occur when you don't actually have the flu. My partner got the same flu, but didn't see a doctor soon enough to get tamiflu, and it was awful”

Newplace · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

“Started taking tamiflu 2 days after flu symptoms. When I visited my doc I had a temp of 102.3. I did have the flu shot, we know it does not stop the flu, just lessens the severity. I started Tamiful and I am now on day 5. I must say that I started to feel better on day 3 of taking. I do have some diarrhea and some chest congestion with a croupy cough. I'm also on an antibiotic because I have a low immune system and doc wanted to cover all basis. It does make me feel a little wonky and when I cough my heart does race. All in all I would take it again.”

Main February 16, 2020

“Doctor wouldn't give me tamiflu. Said it was only recommended for healthcare professionals. I think they didn't give it to me because they didn't have any flu swabs and you shouldn't take tamiflu without a positive flu swab. I would have loved to have had it since I was in bed feeling miserable for 4 days due to awful flu symptoms.”

Flo123 · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“I woke up with a fever, body aches, chills and slight congestion and when my fever got pretty high and wouldn’t break I decided to go to the doctor. She did a basic checkup and decided I had the flu and prescribed me Tamiflu. She’d told me to take two pills that day with food. I took the first pill with a meal and within 10 minutes was uncontrollably vomiting. Over the span of three hours I vomited over and over again. Couldn’t keep anything down and even after all the food and liquids were out of my system I was vomiting bile. Literally the worst stomach cramps I have ever had in my life and my pain tolerance is pretty high. I ended up in the ER and had to have an IV for the pain and because I was so severely dehydrated. Awful experience and I would never EVER recommend such a dangerous drug to anybody. Also the doctor at the ER said it wasn’t a good quality drug and he never prescribed it to anyone because of the severe side effects.”

Yvonne · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“I was diagnosed with the Flu and my Doctor prescribed Tamiflu, I started taking it that same evening of Drs visit ( 1 day after symptoms started ) and by mid morning of the next day I felt so much better! I am now on the 3rd dosage and am feeling absolutely better besides being tired, for me, Tamiflu definitely worked!”

Nee Bee · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“Felt extremely weak with chills, fever and body aches on Tuesday. Went to doctor on Wednesday. Diagnosis: influenza A. Prescribed Tamiflu. By Thursday, I began to feel somewhat normal. By Saturday I was up and about. I would definitely take again. I will say that it is imperative that you address the symptoms immediately in order for Tamiflu to fully work. The major side effect that I experienced was diarrhea. I’m now a week and 2 days out and my stomach is still experiencing issues, but overall this worked well.”

Amy February 12, 2020

“I have been taking Tamiflu for two days, I was very sick, went to the Urgent Care and I got positive for Influenza type A. I started to take the Tamiflu, the worst side effect I have had so far is the heart palpitations, I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. It is scary. I really don't want to take the medicine anymore, but I don't want to relapse.”

Elle · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“Taken for Influenza A. Day 2, 3 & 4 my migraine so terrible that ended up at the ER (with an intractable migraine.) Be very careful of this drug if you have any history of migraine.”

Bobeanie · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“I tested positive for the flu in spite of getting a flu shot. I've not had the flu in TWENTY YEARS so this hit me hard. One day (2 doses) of Tamiflu and I felt so much better. I was worried about side effects, but all I had was diarrhea after the first couple of days. I feel like it makes me kind of anxious, though, so I'll be glad to be done with it!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“I have had a positive experience taking this medication. Helps relieve my symptoms and make them way more tolerable. No issues at all.”

bgwthompson · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“I went from fine to congested to full-on fever/chills/vomiting/cough in 24 hours. Got tested at urgent care right away (Type A influenza), was prescribed Tamiflu and an anti-nausea med to take with it, and was dosed within a day of my first symptoms. By the next morning, after two doses, I felt human again. I'm on Day 3 now and the fever and chills are gone. Still have a little digestive upset, but the vomiting is long gone. I feel like I'm in the final stages of a head cold. It has been amazing. I understand the secret is to start taking it as soon as possible after symptoms start. Probably helps, too, that I had a flu shot. I would definitely use this again.”

Max · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2020

“I was Prescribed tamiflu in the morning on a Tuesday. Took before noon. This made me feel much worse. Vomiting nausea and headaches. Took for pills total and after taking tamiflu, each time made me feel terrible. I had to stop.”

Park Jimin · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

“I got diagnosed with the flu and was prescribed Tamiflu. I took it and my flu symptoms went away, but I vomited twice about 2 hours later. After that, I had the worst diarrhea I’ve ever had. It felt like since there wasn’t much to expel from my body, stomach fluids were just pouring out of me along with sharp (?) barely digested bits of food. It was so bad my anus started bleeding. The pain was so bad I could barely walk. Don’t know if it’s worth it.”

Nav February 4, 2020

“Went to see doctor on my second day of flu, he prescribed me Tamiflu. After taking Tamiflu headache was my biggest problem. Although flu was gone in 2 days but my headache was very severe. Medicine was expensive and I spent 100+$ Thanks”

P · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

“I’m someone who gets hit hard hard by the flu... when I get it I am generally down for the count for two full weeks. I’ve been busy this year, and with that and being sick when I had originally scheduled to get my flu shot, I never got around to getting it (dumb of me not to reschedule sooner, I know). Anyway, picked up the flu on vacation last week, and started getting sick Friday on the drive home. Went to the doctor Saturday, and surprise... it was the flu. Took my first dose of Tamiflu the same night, and am already feeling much better as of the next morning. I know the medicine can affect people differently, but for me this stuff works incredibly well. I have been good about my flu shots since the last time I got the flu, but had a similar experience with Tamiflu then too. That time I felt 100% better within 3 days of taking my first dose. And before you ask, yes, both cases were tested, confirmed cases of the flu. :-)”

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

“Started flu symptoms early Sunday morning . Later that afternoon got chills and ached pretty bad with nasal congestion and croupy cough. Monday felt worse, but started with fever and fever breaking. My husband had to take me to doctor since I couldn't drive from having recent surgery. Got Monday afternoon appointment and doctor ran tests and confirmed I tested positive for flu. The pharmacy never got my electronic prescription, so Tuesday afternoon after my husband got off work, they finally filled prescription. Started taking Tamiflu that afternoon and started feeling better within hours. I'm nearly finished with the prescription, but still have cough, nasal congestion and am a little weak. But as far as aches and pains and fevers, it's been a great. Feel like I'm recovering much faster than my husband did when he had the flu several weeks ago and did nothing for it except miss 5 days of work.”

acrosby January 31, 2020

“Took this medication to help treat the flu. I took this with food because I have a sensitive stomach. Almost immediately after taking I began having extreme nausea and diarrhea. I’ve been throwing up since I took this medication and noticed that this is one of the most common side effects. I personally would not recommend.”

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

“Awoke with flu Monday morning...full on symptom’s of aches, fever, chills and sweating and plenty of dry coughing. By day 3 of the flu and still having a fever, I went to see my doc who prescribed Tamiflu. I’d never taken nor heard of it. Took the first dose yesterday and felt the same with two huge sweats . Awoke this morning feeling much better than previous day. Took 3rd dose of Tamiflu this morning and by now, mid-day, I’m feeling like I’m quite a bit better. Residual body aches and occasional cough, but nothing like previous days of the flu ! And no side effects whatsoever.”

Not important January 30, 2020

“This is rubbish. I should fight the doc that gave me this rubbish meds me feel even worse than I did before”

Njbeverly · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

“Saved my life. I was completely unable to get out of bed for 3 days, barely to open my eyes. The hospital prescribed Tamiflu after my test came in positive and by the 3rd dose I began to feel life again. Any nausea and lightheaded effects could be from the flu itself not the meds, as I felt those symptoms anyway and actually fainted prior to the meds. I am on day 5 since the diagnosis and feeling about 70% better.”