User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 4)

Tamiflu has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 483 ratings for the treatment of Influenza. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 38% reported a negative experience.

Reviews for Tamiflu

Anonymous · January 16, 2011

"I was given Tamiflu by the hospital, and at first, it seemed to work. I didn't have such a bad runny nose, or coughing. However, the side effects were just horrible. I had nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, and, as my friend describes it, I was "just not with it." I took it in pill form, and I think it was perhaps because of the plastic-feeling outer cover I was forced to swallow. I don't particularly recommend it, especially since it also gave me a little insomnia. That was a slight problem, having the flu and all, since sleeping is actually important if I want to heal."

P · Taken for less than 1 month · February 2, 2020

"I’m someone who gets hit hard hard by the flu... when I get it I am generally down for the count for two full weeks. I’ve been busy this year, and with that and being sick when I had originally scheduled to get my flu shot, I never got around to getting it (dumb of me not to reschedule sooner, I know). Anyway, picked up the flu on vacation last week, and started getting sick Friday on the drive home. Went to the doctor Saturday, and surprise... it was the flu. Took my first dose of Tamiflu the same night, and am already feeling much better as of the next morning. I know the medicine can affect people differently, but for me this stuff works incredibly well. I have been good about my flu shots since the last time I got the flu, but had a similar experience with Tamiflu then too. That time I felt 100% better within 3 days of taking my first dose. And before you ask, yes, both cases were tested, confirmed cases of the flu. :-)"

Con · Taken for less than 1 month · December 4, 2018

"I am 18 years old, and I have had influenza B before. I first started noticing symptoms on Saturday night, beginning with a mild cough. I woke up the next morning feeling awful, I couldn’t leave bed, I was running an 101.7 degree fever. The next day (yesterday) I felt twice as bad, I was running an 102.2 degree fever, so I went to urgent care. I was prescribed Mucinex and Tamiflu. 30 minutes after taking the medicines, I vomited twice. I thought it was just the Mucinex, so when I woke up this morning I only took the tamiflu. I have been vomiting all day. Not sure if it’s just my body rejecting the medication, but I know I felt much better before taking this."

ABQ NM · Taken for less than 1 month · February 12, 2017

"Was able to get a prescription within 48 hours of my flu symptoms. Horrible body aches, headache, sore throat, cough, fever, and chills. The stuff has really worked! My symptoms were reduced considerably including my fever after two dosages. I have not had any of the other problems mentioned in these reviews at this time, well into day two of taking the pills twice a day. Although I had absolutely no appetite, I made sure I ate a little something with the pill. This may be partially why I have not had digestive issues, I really have not been eating. Other than a little bit with the pill twice a day."

Karyk · Taken for less than 1 month · January 26, 2015

"Felt achy, feverish and developed a cough out of no where, for about a day, that night extremely fatigued. Went to Dr on my 2nd day, diagnosed with Flu after a swab. Started Tamiflu that night, learned not to take on empty stomach, horrible diarrhea. After day 3, no more fever, fatigue almost gone. Still have stuffy nose and cough a lot better. It works, and it works well. Just remember drink fluids and eat something before taking it, even if it's a slice of bread. No other side effects."

WA · Taken for less than 1 month · January 23, 2020

"Amazing how fast it worked. Flu came on surprisingly swift from relatively good to being miserable in a few hours. Started Tamiflu later the same day. I suffered from the classic flu symptoms for the rest of the day and through most of the night, but awoke with all chills and aches and pains gone. With each pill, you can pretty much feel the symptoms wanting to restart at the dose point of 10-12hr. I'm on day 3 currently and am symptom free, but realize the flu virus has two to five more days of working through me. Truly impressed."

bgwthompson · Taken for less than 1 month · February 7, 2020

"I went from fine to congested to full-on fever/chills/vomiting/cough in 24 hours. Got tested at urgent care right away (Type A influenza), was prescribed Tamiflu and an anti-nausea med to take with it, and was dosed within a day of my first symptoms. By the next morning, after two doses, I felt human again. I'm on Day 3 now and the fever and chills are gone. Still have a little digestive upset, but the vomiting is long gone. I feel like I'm in the final stages of a head cold. It has been amazing. I understand the secret is to start taking it as soon as possible after symptoms start. Probably helps, too, that I had a flu shot. I would definitely use this again."

acrosby · January 31, 2020

"Took this medication to help treat the flu. I took this with food because I have a sensitive stomach. Almost immediately after taking I began having extreme nausea and diarrhea. I’ve been throwing up since I took this medication and noticed that this is one of the most common side effects. I personally would not recommend."

Heather · Taken for less than 1 month · November 11, 2018

"I took Tamiflu last year 2 days after having flu symptoms and being recommended by my doctor. At first it worked great, completely knocked out my fever and chills. Then on day 2 of taking this drug, I got the worst headache of my life. I’ve never had migraines but I’m certain this drug caused me to have one. I had to lay in the dark, with no sound or light for 4 days. I would have rather had the flu for a month than take this medication. I would highly recommend NOT taking this med, it’s not worth it."

Clarkbar · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2020

"If your flu symptoms are bad enough that you feel like it is the end, then this medicine is a godsend. But the side effects really do suck. I had a ton of sinus pressure, sneezing, body aches and delirium from fever before I took this. These symptoms went from a 10 to a 5 overnight thanks to Tamiflu, but now I have nausea and headaches to deal with. The nausea especially is really bad. If your flu symptoms are mild I would keep this in mind."

Harmoniez · February 27, 2016

"This is the first and last time I will take Tamiflu. It made me feel much worse than if I would have just ridden it out. It's made me weak, dizzy, sick to my stomach and feeling worse than when I started on it."

Sarah · September 9, 2018

"I discovered an effective flu reliever in Tamiflu. I was at work and about to go home because my body felt heavy, my joints were quite aching and my body temperature was hotter than usual. There seemed to be flu attack going around our work place because the staffs were getting it one after the other. So I decided to see the GP and I’m diagnosed with Influenza A. Tamiflu was prescribed for twice a day. I took it and it was definitely less than 8 hours before the onset of symptoms. I experienced fever, chills and headaches symptoms but improved immediately. The good effects of Tamiflu. The next day I was well and good and took my bath as I do every morning. Indeed Tamiflu was very effective and it did not give me any bad side effects at all."

PaulScott88 · January 6, 2018

"Tested positive for Influenza via nasal swab on 2nd day of symptoms. Noticed significant improvements: fever gone within 24 hours, body aches gone, headache gone, extreme fatigue gone, nausea gone. Left with what feels like a minor respiratory infection (i.e. chesty cough but not very painful) and I still tire easily but not "extreme fatigue". Was also given Augmentin as a prophylactic against bacterial pneumonia as I have a history of secondary bacterial chest infections following the flu. This has been an absolute miracle drug for me personally and I hope the same comes to the others in need of it on this site."

MAM · Taken for less than 1 month · April 24, 2019

"Going on day 3 and from the 1st dose I have had abdominal pain!! Heartburn on fire, slight strange headache, cough. Stopping this stuff as not worth it! Should have known, but I thought I would try it. Never again"

Mommabear · December 15, 2019

"My 12 year old daughter diagnosed with Flu B. She started this right away. Since the symptoms of flu and side effects of Tamiflu can be similar, it’s difficult to say. But she is now fever free without medication 48 hours after onset. I’m hoping and thinking the Tamiflu helped her body get control of the virus. I’m stopping it today because she feels pretty good and I don’t want to ruin it for her. She did have dizziness, nausea despite anti nausea medication, but she had it before Tamiflu too. Who knows. But none of the serious side effects for her."

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month · December 3, 2019

"Great great great medicine. I was alarmed when I caught the flu so hard that everything hurt. All I could do was sleep. So I did. I slept for 28 straight hours with the ability to only wake up to go to the restroom. Drove to the doctor and confirmed the flu. Doc prescribed tamiflu and ibuprofen. Immediately took the first dose and was able to eat. Not sure if it was the medicine or what but I was able to sleep again that night. By the morning all symptoms were virtually gone. But continue to take my dosage on the 3rd day 2 a day and have to say it’s a great big YES! From me. I had a 102.7 fever body aches and joints were screaming of pain before this med. as for side effects.... none. I guess we are all different. But definitely worth a try."

Gray · Taken for less than 1 month · March 2, 2019

"My 7yo who had the flu shot in Oct was just diagnosed with Influenza A. She has high fevers of 103.8, fatigue, headache, body aches, runny/stuffy nose and congested cough. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu and I gave it to her within 24 hours of her symptoms. Within 7 hours of the first does she had NO fever, no body aches, no fatigue, no headache. NO SIDE EFFECT so far. She is back to herself again! Tamiflu has been a lifesaver! Think the real issue is this over hyped up ineffective flu shot that is overly promoted in the media!"

Jen D · Taken for less than 1 month · March 24, 2019

"I started taking Tamiflu 36 hours into having the flu. While I did not have as many of the side effects as others have experienced, I did have horrible diarrhea almost immediately after taking the drug. Additionally, I experienced 2 sleepless nights, tossing, turning, back aches and insomnia. With that said, my flu symptoms dissipated within 24 hours of taking the drug, so I do feel like it shortened the duration of the flu. Also, the drug was expensive... Over $100. My insurance barely paid for any of it. I think you have to ask yourself, are you OK feeling bad for an additional day or two in exchange for just having the flu or are you willing to get back 24 hours of your life with the risk of some not so pleasant side effects. After 4 doses, I decided to go off. Hoping the Flu doesn't return as I am not going to finish the course my doctor prescribed. I want to get a good nights rest and not have to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. I'll roll the dice."

Melmelmel1235 · January 31, 2017

"bad medicine. I was prescribed this along w a z pak for my flu and bronchitis combo. The last 24 hours have been hell with extreme stomach stabbing pains. Z paks are god's gift so I know it's not them, after reading online others having this nightmare w Tamiflu, I finally understand why and I've stopped taking it. Sure would've been nice to get a warning from the pharmacist or doctor. My stomach seriously feels like it's ruined from this. Feels like someone is stabbing me in the stomach every 20 seconds like clockwork. Thanks, bad medication!"

Nadene · Taken for less than 1 month · March 1, 2019

"Myself and 4 of my children took tamiflu immediately after flu symptoms started and within 24 hours every single one of us felt so much better, still sick just not death bed sick. We made sure to take it with some food and never had any side effects at all. Children’s ages are 4, 6, 9 and 12."

Dana and Brandon Sears · December 26, 2010

"It was three days before Christmas 2010 and my husband and I was out and about shopping in the Malls and stores for Christmas gifts. It just came on him really fast ache, shakes and sweat, fever of 104.7 sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching everywhere, stuffy head. So bad that he was out for the count and we thought we would not get to go anywhere for Christmas. Well then to top it off my Son who is 14 got sick too. So I was working taking care of them and you guessed it got sick too! We all went to the doctor and got Tamiflu and wow!!! Miracle medicine. Would love to Kiss the person who found this! We were coming out of it the first day we all took it. The Best 1-10 it a 100! Thanks so very much from not sick any more."

Tamiflu... · Taken for less than 1 month · January 18, 2019

"I work with children so I get the occasional cold, but this time it wouldn’t remit with the normal over the counter stuff, so 3 days ago, off I go to Urgent Care. The Doc gave me Tamiflu, day one, liquids and just in bed no energy almost no food. Day two, chills sweats no energy, day three I’m feeling worst chills sweats now I’m visiting the Oval Office (bathroom) every 20-45 min diarrhea/nausea, so you cough and well you throw up. I can’t sleep, I’m tired it’s 4.30 am and if I close my eyes I have nightmares in a semi asleep. Irritability or plain anxiety... ok that’s where I stop. I started reading about Tamiflu, this drug is no joke it’s strong and side effects are real. Now I wonder how long before I flush this out my system. For me it helped with symptoms but the sides are WAY STRONG. Costof dr visit + meds $300! and now I feel worse..."

klpdjp · February 29, 2016

"Was diagnosed with Influenza and was prescribed Tamiflu. Cost me $140 out of the pocket. Took 2 pills and felt worse than I did before taking them. Vomiting was horrible. Then had to pay to go back to doctor because of all the vomiting. Gave me new prescriptions. Will just ride the flu out next time. Cost me more than just letting it take it's course. Tamiflu definitely not worth the cost or vomiting. Contacted drug company and no reimbursements are given."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · March 8, 2016

"Both my children and I got the flu and were prescribed tamiflu. I was surprised that even with insurance it cost 46 bucks per prescription. Seems a bit high to me. I couldn't even get my kids to take it because the taste of it made my son throw up. I stopped taking mine about three days in because of how sick to my stomach it made me feel. If I get the flu again I will just ride it out and not bother with the tamiflu."

Boobear33 · March 5, 2016

"My flu came on hard and fast 4 days ago. Woke up with a tickle in my throat and by noon I had a barking cough and 102 fever. In my opinion, all the tamiflu has done at this point is hasten the rate of dehydration that I'm already experiencing. I can't believe I paid $135 to make myself feel even worse. I still feel like I was hit by a truck, feeling like there is no end in sight for this nasty bug."