User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 4)

Tamiflu Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Tamiflu

B August 22, 2019

“My husband was prescribed tamiflu and an hour after taking one pill he was up all night vomiting and felt way worse than before. I've never seen him so sick in my life it was terrible. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone.”

Kirst August 16, 2019

“I was tested for influenza b and it came back positive. Never been so sick, daughter also had it the week prior to me. Both of us were given tamiflu tablets and I have to say they have fixed us up so quickly. Still both feeling lethargic but on the mend. The only side affect we have experienced is insomnia, so hard to switch off and get decent sleep. I've only a couple days left of taking the tablets so I'm hoping my sleep pattern will return to normal.”

Chrohns August 2, 2019

“I was so sick I could barely open my eyes, or talk, or walk. Fever 40'c, chills, constant vomiting. Massive dehydration. Thought I would have a heart attack. Was ready to call ambulance. Took tamiflu. Vomited first dose. Next morning ate toast, try Again. Kept it down. Felt nauseous but concentrated on keeping it down. Well by that afternoon, fever gone. Not out of the woods yet but big improvement. Look, I was 11/10 sick and this stuff took me to about an 8/10 in 12hours. By 2 days later I'm about a 5/10. It makes you hallucinate, but if you're lying in bed sleeping, just think of it as dreams. I decided to be boss here. I ate a piece of toast (even though I wasn't hungry) before every dose. I put nice calm music on to ensure my dreams and hallucinations were calm also. Don't drink water in the first 30 min of taking it, it will make it easier to keep down. If you're truly very very sick, these side affects don't matter compared to the improvement. It could save your life.”

Gianera · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

“I was quite shocked to read so many negative reviews. My hubby was diagnosed with Influenza A and he was a terrible mess with extremely high fever, sever cough, runny nose etc. he was given Tamiflu and after 24 hours from the first dose fever was gone and started remission. Only adverse effect was altered taste from food and smells. Of course shortly after him I was infected as well but I took it at the first sign of cough and mild fever. Much to both our disbelief I never experienced any of the discomforts he went through, next day cough was gone and fever was mild but I was having no tiredness, sore muscles or anything at all. No side effects at all. So, I’m sorry for all of you who had side effects but as far as I’m concerned this was nothing short of a miraculous drug for both of us.”

Treen August 1, 2019

“Neither I or my family will ever take this medication again. In addition to all the normal flu symptoms it made me nauseous and unable to eat. I also believe it caused me insomnia and a strange head and neck ache. The flu, with out this med, is 100% better.”

Lin July 31, 2019

“Symptoms started Sunday night, started tamiflu Tue afternoon. Tue & Wed in bed and now (wed night) feeling much better. No more headache, body ache, sneezing, coughing, runny nose. Think I’ll be back at work tomorrow.”

John · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

“My doctor prescribed me 75mg of Tamiflu 2 times a days. It did nothing to me but make me throw up, I don’t understand the purpose of it at all. Everything online says it may shorten your influenza by a day...I did not throw up one time before Tamiflu. Why is this medicine given to people? Horrible product with horrible side affect with a slight chance of shortening your symptoms.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

“Took the medication 5 days after initial infection after I tested positive for Influenza B. That night when I got back I had my first dose. It was a liquid since I can’t keep pills down. Absolutely disgusting taste. I could barely keep it down. But after that my temperature dropped about 1.5 degrees celsius 30 minutes later. I took Tamifu for 5 days and it cleared up my symptoms for the most part. My side effects were not very severe, I actually had a very mild reaction. I felt dizzy and fatigued but that’s about it.”

olivia · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

“This drug Tamiflu is awful, have only had four doses but will not be continuing. I felt extremely unwell and couldn't sleep and it was not worth it to me as its made me feel worse. read into the side effects before purchasing for sure :(”

BGB3 · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

“Normally, when I get the flu, I just take Dayquil and Nyquil after the fever, 3 days later I am fine. This year, my wife insisted I go to the doctor to get medicine 1 day after I already had my fever. I was prescribed Tamiflu, and 11 days later I am still coughing, now that's 13 days of being sick, on day 9 my son caught it. So in conclusion Tamiflu just made everything worse. If I had just did dayquil nyquil I would have no symptoms, not be coughing or sneezing, and would less likely spread the virus. Never taking Tamiflu again.”

snug · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

“I followed directions and took this with food, within 2 hours I started experiencing nausea which would lead to vomiting. This cycle then repeated itself several times. I ended up vomiting 5 times within 2 hours. The weird thing is that even when my stomach was completely emptied out and I had stopped consuming anything, even water, I kept vomiting but nothing would come out. This was a much worse experience than the flu itself, not worth it to knock out only 1 day of illness. I would only take this if you are at high risk of developing pneumonia and are otherwise unhealthy/immuno-compromised, I would not give to children at all. I understand Tamiflu works fine for some people but it really is a risky dice roll and I will not be taking it again or finishing the regimen. They should change the advertising on this to say "For when you want to feel worse than the Flu"”

Est · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

“I got the Flu and it hit me hard and I fainted and was so sick so I went to the ER. They tested me and I had Influenza B. They prescribed this antibiotic and the first time I took it I felt completely fine, however, on the second day I took it I got intense nausea and vomited to try to feel better. As soon as I started vomiting I got a nosebleed as well. I spent the night vomiting continuously and after that I couldn’t keep anything down for about 2 days, along with intense pain in my abdomen. This felt worse than the actual Flu”

Ariel May 5, 2019

“I woke up Monday morning and I had started to feel really run down and exhausted. I though I just had a bad cold so I just made sure to rest all day. Tuesday morning I woke up with a fever, congestion, and I could barely get out of bed. Thursday afternoon I finally went to the doctor where I was diagnosed with the Influenza A (H3N2) Virus. They prescribed me Tamiflu to see if it would help with my symptoms. So that Thursday night at around 10pm I take the medicine and an hour later the nausea started. I began throwing up too. I have never felt so nauseous before, it was horrible! I ended up in the emergency room at 4am to see if they could give me anti-nausea medication to make it stop and they did. I did take the medication on an empty stomach but that's because I had absolutely no appetite all week while sick. I definitely wont be taking this medication again. It is not worth feeling that nauseous ever again!”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

“I started taking tamiflu on the 3rd day of having the flu. It actually made the flu symptoms go away by the next day but the side effects are not worth it. I got so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up. I had cold sweats and nausea from the dizziness. I also got horrible abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I stopped the medication after the 3rd dose because I couldn’t take care of my daughter or myself from the intense dizziness. I would not recommend this medication.”

TAAT · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

“Daughter was swabbed for the flu, which came back negative. However, based on symptoms, Urgent Care doctor still prescribed Tamiflu. She took three pills and literally began sleeping in the bathroom due to the constant diarrhea. Was told to just take pepto bismol. By day two she had blood in her stools, sweating, and stomach/abdominal pains that have been so bad that she can't get out of bed. She's had a constant headache, to where she just needs to stop and hold her head. On day four since stopping the medicine and is still it eating, still occasional diarrhea and the stomach pains are still present. I have been forcing liquids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated from the lack of eating and constant diarrhea. Never again will I allow her to even accept this medication from a doctor! This medicine needs to be taken off of the market!”

MAM · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

“Going on day 3 and from the 1st dose I have had abdominal pain!! Heartburn on fire, slight strange headache, cough. Stopping this stuff as not worth it! Should have known, but I thought I would try it. Never again”

Mrs.D · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

“I was feeling horrible for 2 days I went to medexpress and there the doctor gave me tamiflu. I have been on it for 3 days and no change my cough has worsened, still stuffy nose, eyes burning, no appetite,and diarrhea I don't recommend this to anyone”

Maddie · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

“I started taking tamiflu and on day 3 I started having severe panic attacks, I woke up out of a dead sleep because I thought someone was screaming at me. I was trying to take care of my son and I almost passed from the dizziness caused by the tamiflu. Not to mention the horrible nausea, heart burn, and stomach cramps. I will never take this drug again.”

Nani March 27, 2019

“This caused me diarrhea so bad I pooped my pants everyday while I was taking this”

Jen D · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

“I started taking Tamiflu 36 hours into having the flu. While I did not have as many of the side effects as others have experienced, I did have horrible diarrhea almost immediately after taking the drug. Additionally, I experienced 2 sleepless nights, tossing, turning, back aches and insomnia. With that said, my flu symptoms dissipated within 24 hours of taking the drug, so I do feel like it shortened the duration of the flu. Also, the drug was expensive... Over $100. My insurance barely paid for any of it. I think you have to ask yourself, are you OK feeling bad for an additional day or two in exchange for just having the flu or are you willing to get back 24 hours of your life with the risk of some not so pleasant side effects. After 4 doses, I decided to go off. Hoping the Flu doesn't return as I am not going to finish the course my doctor prescribed. I want to get a good nights rest and not have to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. I'll roll the dice.”

Cmd1122 · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

“I only took three doses, about one hour after the third dose I got such severe lower abdominal pain that I went to the emergency room. It has been nearly 48 hours after my last dose and I am still experiencing excruciating pain in my lower abdomen and am considering another trip to the emergency room. I would never take this again, and I am still running a fever.”

N March 20, 2019

“Just a heads up. If you suffer from cluster headaches please don’t take tamiflu. After my first dose it threw me into a pain level 10. I had been doing well with for past 2 months. I’m chronic with cluster headaches. Anyway I know the difference of drug induced cluster and it is huge. So please don’t take if you suffer from these. I feel it is a good drug - just not for me”

Eli March 20, 2019

“I’m 18, got the flu for the first time. The doctor gave me Tamiflu. After the first dose of Tamiflu I woke up from a nap and barely knew where I was. I felt like I was a different person and was under the influence until the medicine wore off. Next time I get the flu I will NOT take Tamiflu.”

Steph · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

“My son had body aches, headaches, fever of over 103, eye pain and a cough on 14 March so took him to emergency room on 15 March and he was prescribed tamiflu. Took it that night by the next morning on the 16 March he feels 90% back to himself. He took it with food and plenty of fluids as well and not side affect was a weird nose bleed which the pharmacists weren’t aware that was a side effect. Yip Tamiflu works.”

Froggy · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

“I am stopping this medication now (my third day) and will NEVER take again. I am so nauseous and cannot stop vomiting. I am unable to even sip water! I have an awful pain in my upper abdomen and I have not slept since beginning treatment. I would rather suffer through the flu than the side effects of this so called medication, the flu is much less painful.”