User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 4)

Tamiflu has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 476 ratings for the treatment of Influenza. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Max · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2020

“I was Prescribed tamiflu in the morning on a Tuesday. Took before noon. This made me feel much worse. Vomiting nausea and headaches. Took for pills total and after taking tamiflu, each time made me feel terrible. I had to stop.”

JCeee January 3, 2017

“My fever went down within a few hours and I was feeling better the next day, but weak. After finishing the last dose of 5 days, I became extremely nauseous and my abdomen hurt so badly, I didn't think I would survive. I didn't vomit, but stomach pain was excruciating. It has lasted over 24 hours, so far and I can't find any advice regarding what to do about the pain.”

Heather · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2018

“I took Tamiflu last year 2 days after having flu symptoms and being recommended by my doctor. At first it worked great, completely knocked out my fever and chills. Then on day 2 of taking this drug, I got the worst headache of my life. I’ve never had migraines but I’m certain this drug caused me to have one. I had to lay in the dark, with no sound or light for 4 days. I would have rather had the flu for a month than take this medication. I would highly recommend NOT taking this med, it’s not worth it.”

TamiDONT January 9, 2020

“I would never recommend this medication to ANYBODY, it caused such horrific stomach cramping and diarrhea, this was the only “new” thing I was taking and it was unbearable. I’d rather have the flu than ever take this garbage ever again. Waste of $55.”

genopdx · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

“I got a prescription within 48 hours of being hit with symptoms, Sunday night got symptoms. Sick with chest congestion and aches 102 fever and chills. Started on Tamiflu twice daily Monday afternoon. Horrible Monday night, horrible all day Tuesday, Wed. morning felt hugely better, weak but no more fever, appetite back, went to work. I'd like to give credit to this medication.”

Pregnant with flu · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2014

“Well, 7 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with tonsillitis and influenza. Tamiflu caused me to have continuous projectile vomiting for 3 hours after taking it. I had to discontinue treatment and ride the flu out. Body is handling the Amoxicillin fine though for the tonsillitis.”

Gray · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

“My 7yo who had the flu shot in Oct was just diagnosed with Influenza A. She has high fevers of 103.8, fatigue, headache, body aches, runny/stuffy nose and congested cough. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu and I gave it to her within 24 hours of her symptoms. Within 7 hours of the first does she had NO fever, no body aches, no fatigue, no headache. NO SIDE EFFECT so far. She is back to herself again! Tamiflu has been a lifesaver! Think the real issue is this over hyped up ineffective flu shot that is overly promoted in the media!”

Chrohns August 2, 2019

“I was so sick I could barely open my eyes, or talk, or walk. Fever 40'c, chills, constant vomiting. Massive dehydration. Thought I would have a heart attack. Was ready to call ambulance. Took tamiflu. Vomited first dose. Next morning ate toast, try Again. Kept it down. Felt nauseous but concentrated on keeping it down. Well by that afternoon, fever gone. Not out of the woods yet but big improvement. Look, I was 11/10 sick and this stuff took me to about an 8/10 in 12hours. By 2 days later I'm about a 5/10. It makes you hallucinate, but if you're lying in bed sleeping, just think of it as dreams. I decided to be boss here. I ate a piece of toast (even though I wasn't hungry) before every dose. I put nice calm music on to ensure my dreams and hallucinations were calm also. Don't drink water in the first 30 min of taking it, it will make it easier to keep down. If you're truly very very sick, these side affects don't matter compared to the improvement. It could save your life.”

Nadene · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2019

“Myself and 4 of my children took tamiflu immediately after flu symptoms started and within 24 hours every single one of us felt so much better, still sick just not death bed sick. We made sure to take it with some food and never had any side effects at all. Children’s ages are 4, 6, 9 and 12.”

Dlttlrr · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2015

“Co-worker was diagnosed with the flu. 48 hours later I had fever, headache, joint aches and cough and went to doctor. Nasal smear confirmed strain A. Within 24 hours of starting Tamiflu, symptoms were better. Three days after starting Tamiflu feeling much better with no fever or headache. Still have cough but getting better. First time I have taken this medicine. But it made me a believer!”

Sarah September 9, 2018

“I discovered an effective flu reliever in Tamiflu. I was at work and about to go home because my body felt heavy, my joints were quite aching and my body temperature was hotter than usual. There seemed to be flu attack going around our work place because the staffs were getting it one after the other. So I decided to see the GP and I’m diagnosed with Influenza A. Tamiflu was prescribed for twice a day. I took it and it was definitely less than 8 hours before the onset of symptoms. I experienced fever, chills and headaches symptoms but improved immediately. The good effects of Tamiflu. The next day I was well and good and took my bath as I do every morning. Indeed Tamiflu was very effective and it did not give me any bad side effects at all.”

Nay · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

“Woke up at midnight nauseated and with horrible body aches. Next day I didn't think I could get to the doctor but went to the urgent care. Dx with flu based on symptoms but I declined the nasal swab due to cost. I waited to take it until I could confirm I had a fever when the Motrin wore off. I woke up feeling so much better!! this medication has been a miracle for me. It's my second time taking it.”

Risskia January 29, 2015

“I was swabbed and diagnosed with Influenza Type A - H2N3. I started Tamiflu about 18 hours after initial symptom onset. Two days after starting Tamiflu, the worst symptoms are almost entirely gone. I am still fatigued and have some respiratory crud, but the severe headache, muscle and joint pain, and fever are gone. I have some minor, transient nausea, but I don't know if that's the medicine or the illness. ”

Erine017 · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2015

“This really works. I was amazed at the results, almost bedridden took the pill felt better within 24 hours, still tired the body aches and flu like feeling mostly gone. Didn't believe it would work but it does.”

Anonymous March 10, 2016

“I am one of those sticklers who tries to follow every direction given by my physician. When it came to treating the flu, I was certainly no different...until I took Tamiflu. I felt so horrible the first two days with a fever of 100.2+, that I didn't know if it was helping or hurting. By day three, my fever broke (thanks to Advil) and every time I took Tamiflu, I nearly threw up, with or without food. I am so nauseous that I can hardly move. It made me very irritable and negative. I only have three pills left, but I just cannot force myself to take them. Everyone reacts differently to medicine. This is just my experience. Good luck to the fellow flu survivors!”

Tamiflu... · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2019

“I work with children so I get the occasional cold, but this time it wouldn’t remit with the normal over the counter stuff, so 3 days ago, off I go to Urgent Care. The Doc gave me Tamiflu, day one, liquids and just in bed no energy almost no food. Day two, chills sweats no energy, day three I’m feeling worst chills sweats now I’m visiting the Oval Office (bathroom) every 20-45 min diarrhea/nausea, so you cough and well you throw up. I can’t sleep, I’m tired it’s 4.30 am and if I close my eyes I have nightmares in a semi asleep. Irritability or plain anxiety... ok that’s where I stop. I started reading about Tamiflu, this drug is no joke it’s strong and side effects are real. Now I wonder how long before I flush this out my system. For me it helped with symptoms but the sides are WAY STRONG. Costof dr visit + meds $300! and now I feel worse...”

ABQ NM · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2017

“Was able to get a prescription within 48 hours of my flu symptoms. Horrible body aches, headache, sore throat, cough, fever, and chills. The stuff has really worked! My symptoms were reduced considerably including my fever after two dosages. I have not had any of the other problems mentioned in these reviews at this time, well into day two of taking the pills twice a day. Although I had absolutely no appetite, I made sure I ate a little something with the pill. This may be partially why I have not had digestive issues, I really have not been eating. Other than a little bit with the pill twice a day.”

BuyerBeware · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2018

“Do your research on this drug. I am thoroughly convinced that many of these high ratings are not real consumers of the product. I was prescribed Tamiflu to avoid further flu complications (I’m pregnant). Within an hour of taking one pill, I was vomiting every half hour. I got diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain. It would have been safer to have not taken the drug. In fact, my stomach pain was so bad, I considered going to the ER. I’m taking the time to write this in hopes I can save at least one other person from my experience. There is no scientific evidence this drug is effective, and the original trials were never fully released by the creators of the drug(for a reason).”

CaseyKizzle February 1, 2013

“Came home from college classes at 10:15 am got out of my car and felt the chills coming. Went upstairs to rest and figured that I'm sick. Called my doc and scheduled an appointment. He prescribed me Tamiflu and I thought, "Anything that makes this cruddy feeling go away is better than nothing." Took one when I got home at 4pm and one at 9pm. Woke up the next morning feeling way better than the day before. Fever went down, slight headache persisted. Otherwise, a champion of a medicine!”

Anonymous June 9, 2009

“I used this drug for suspected Swine Flu. It definitely works wonders but what I noticed was that it affected my brain in some ways. I am confused and less tolerant than I was before. I am hoping it is temporary. ”

Jen October 30, 2018

“I am on the second day with Tamiflu, 3 more days to go. Had not been able to sleep at all even if I managed to, I will have nightmares. Had diarrhea and no appetite. What kind of medication is this? I am pay so much for it ! Wonder if I should stop taking it.”

warbl · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“Got dxed with influenza A at urgent care roughly 30 hours after becoming symptomatic. I took it that afternoon, and by the next morning my fever already started to go down. I'm on day 3 and while I still feel kind of sick, I'm not NEARLY as miserable as I would have been without it. I didn't need to take any Tylenol these past 2 days. My fever is totally gone, the only coughing I have now is productive in actually getting up phelgm. I didn't get any of the horrific side effects that people are mentioning here, and I'm starting to wonder if those occur when you don't actually have the flu. My partner got the same flu, but didn't see a doctor soon enough to get tamiflu, and it was awful”

Bucky · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“Started with chills and an achy body. Temperature peaked at 101.7. Went to the doctor and was given Tamiflu. After two doses my temperature had gone back to normal. I did feel nauseous after the first dose and took Zofran to relieve the nausea. Fever did return but only a little over 100. After four doses no fever and feel pretty normal. Mind you, I did get the flu shot as I do every year. This is the first time in 30 years that I have gotten the flu!”

Nauseated · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2018

“I was prescribed Tamiflu after being ill with a strange and strong flu virus but it made me feel so much worse with vomiting, nausea, dizziness and headaches in addition to my flu symptoms. It really isn’t worth it and I wish I wasn’t prescribed it because now I’m faced with the task of finishing it because you have to complete the pack. I’m dreading taking the next one. It really isn’t worth feeling this way for hardly any benefits. Plus it’s super expensive.”

Jen D · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

“I started taking Tamiflu 36 hours into having the flu. While I did not have as many of the side effects as others have experienced, I did have horrible diarrhea almost immediately after taking the drug. Additionally, I experienced 2 sleepless nights, tossing, turning, back aches and insomnia. With that said, my flu symptoms dissipated within 24 hours of taking the drug, so I do feel like it shortened the duration of the flu. Also, the drug was expensive... Over $100. My insurance barely paid for any of it. I think you have to ask yourself, are you OK feeling bad for an additional day or two in exchange for just having the flu or are you willing to get back 24 hours of your life with the risk of some not so pleasant side effects. After 4 doses, I decided to go off. Hoping the Flu doesn't return as I am not going to finish the course my doctor prescribed. I want to get a good nights rest and not have to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. I'll roll the dice.”