User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 2)

Tamiflu has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 476 ratings for the treatment of Influenza. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

MaryannF February 22, 2015

“Fever 103 tested + flu B started Tamiflu. Fever broke but had horrible headaches, insomnia and total loss of appetite. Headache was horrible. Stopped taking it at day 4 and still have headache and feel "off" not right.”

jesswilkin December 11, 2019

“This is the worst "medicine" I have ever taken... I went to urgent care and it was prescribed to me, the next morning I took one pill and within 30 minutes I started vomiting. I vomited 4 times within 1 hour and then was dry heaving. Then I did a little bit of research on the drug and some of these reviews are scary! Hallucinations? Really?! its not worth it, don't waste your money and time. I would rather suffer through the flu than EVER take another one of those pills again. I learned my lesson, always do some research before taking a new medication. My doctor didn't mention any side effects to me, nor did the packaging mention any.”

Eddie456 January 22, 2015

“I came down with the flu while traveling for work, and a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.”

Est · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

“I got the Flu and it hit me hard and I fainted and was so sick so I went to the ER. They tested me and I had Influenza B. They prescribed this antibiotic and the first time I took it I felt completely fine, however, on the second day I took it I got intense nausea and vomited to try to feel better. As soon as I started vomiting I got a nosebleed as well. I spent the night vomiting continuously and after that I couldn’t keep anything down for about 2 days, along with intense pain in my abdomen. This felt worse than the actual Flu”

FeelingGood · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

“Over the course of 6 hours I went from mild neck pain to full 9/10 body pain, splitting headache, and 101.5 fever. Stopped at urgent care where I laid for three hours. Tested positive for Flu A. Given tamiflu, and recommended to alternate Advil and Tylenol. Took first dose on an empty stomach, had a night of cold sweats (but still slept well), and woke up with only a mild headache and low grade fever. Having not eaten for 24 hours, took the next dose with soup and crackers. I’m now on dose 6 of 10. Fever and headache are gone, even without Advil/Tylenol. No other symptoms have cropped up—GI or respiratory. I’ve been mostly in bed resting for two days straight, but feel good enough to join the family again today. Tamiflu was a true godsend. I thought that was it for me two days ago and now I’m on my feet again like nothing happened.”

Healthcare professional November 28, 2018

“The price of this drug is ridiculous!!! So my physician wrote a prescription for Tamiflu $147 and for the new one dose flu medicine made by the same company with a coupon. With the coupon and my insurance it was going to be $90 for the new flu medication. The coupon stated that they would pay $60 and I would pay $30 plus what insurance did not cover, leaving the total cost at $150. For $150 I could be hospitalized. That is my hospital co-pay. Therefore it is cheaper to be hospitalized than to get medicine needed to treat an illness. As a healthcare professional, this is what is wrong with our healthcare system. Big pharmaceutical needs to be taken down!!!”

brittg · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2013

“Tuesday 2am chills, sweats, fever, horrible bodyaches, headache. Got in to see Dr on Wednesday 10am and tested positively for influenza. Took first dose of Tamiflu right after Dr's appointment and its now Friday 11am and I'm feeling different. I can actually get around the house no fever, sweats, chills, headache, etc. just still draggy and tired but still 2 days of medicine left. I will say definitely works!”

Wenwar · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

“My husband was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza. Immediately, upon beginning the script, he got diarrhea. Everything he ate, including popsicles, would require an immediate trip to the bathroom. His doctor advised to continue the script anyway, so after two days of constant bathroom trips, he stopped eating for the remaining 3 days of script. The medicine also caused insomnia for 48 hours, and feelings of depression (which my husband is not normally subject to). I cannot imagine a scenario where I could recommend this medication. And nobody in our family will take it again.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

“I started taking tamiflu on the 3rd day of having the flu. It actually made the flu symptoms go away by the next day but the side effects are not worth it. I got so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up. I had cold sweats and nausea from the dizziness. I also got horrible abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I stopped the medication after the 3rd dose because I couldn’t take care of my daughter or myself from the intense dizziness. I would not recommend this medication.”

TAAT · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

“Daughter was swabbed for the flu, which came back negative. However, based on symptoms, Urgent Care doctor still prescribed Tamiflu. She took three pills and literally began sleeping in the bathroom due to the constant diarrhea. Was told to just take pepto bismol. By day two she had blood in her stools, sweating, and stomach/abdominal pains that have been so bad that she can't get out of bed. She's had a constant headache, to where she just needs to stop and hold her head. On day four since stopping the medicine and is still it eating, still occasional diarrhea and the stomach pains are still present. I have been forcing liquids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated from the lack of eating and constant diarrhea. Never again will I allow her to even accept this medication from a doctor! This medicine needs to be taken off of the market!”

Cindy Lou February 28, 2020

“After mild symptoms of upper respiratory symptoms the day before, I awoke the next morning with 103.9F temp and thinking I might need to be hospitalized. My primary care physician had 1 sick visit slot open (thank goodness). By history and physical she diagnosed the flu and prescribed Tamiflu. I took the first dose and went back to bed. 6 hours later I felt better and no fever. I agree it is miraculous!”

Nik · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

“Once I started taking this medication I felt nauseous an hour after the first dose. After completing the third dose the next day I began vomiting until my stomach was completely empty. Taking the fourth dose I became nauseous again and made the decision not to take it anymore. Worse feeling ever, I dreaded having to take each dose. Made me feel terrible and the nausea was unbearable and ruined any appetite I had. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone!”

Treen August 1, 2019

“Neither I or my family will ever take this medication again. In addition to all the normal flu symptoms it made me nauseous and unable to eat. I also believe it caused me insomnia and a strange head and neck ache. The flu, with out this med, is 100% better.”

fluflu February 5, 2014

“Tested positive for H1N1 on Monday after feeling MISERABLE! Was unable to breathe from my nose, sore throat, back ache, terrible cough that made my ribs burn. Started the meds Tuesday & now (Wednesday afternoon) I'm feeling tons better! Achiness is gone, breathing easier, not quite so tired. It was expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.”

Rareanddelicateflower November 17, 2013

“I have flu many times over the last half century, but last year, even after flu vaccine, was the absolute worst. This year symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks on a Friday afternoon: pulse of 120, fever of 102, terrible chills and body aches. I headed straight to a clinic (doc's office was closed) and got a prescription for Tamiflu, which I started immediately. When I awoke the next day my symptoms were much better. I still had the flu, but a mild case.”

Sunnyside · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

“After two days on Tamiflu, I feel worse. The nausea, heachaches, and insomnia are unbearable. I also had horrible stomach cramps after the first night of taking this med. I have a loss of appetite and a weird taste in my mouth as well. The nausea is hideous. This medication is much too strong. I feel more sick having taken Tamiflu. I will stick to ibuprofen and ride out the rest of this flu. I do not recommend Tamiflu. Seems a bit risky to me.”

Lizzit February 23, 2017

“I was prescribed tamiflu Tuesday evening, took my first dose shortly after getting home from doc. I ate a small meal as it said to but nonetheless an hour or two later I was throwing up, felt horrible. I stopped taking this medication after the one dose and the next day I felt better. I hate this medication and will not take again.”

1234Sher1234 · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2017

“This was prescribed to my 17 month old son and he started behaving weird when he is sleeping. He would wake up every 20 mins screaming and sometimes he would be scared of me. I was not informed about the possible side effects. I decided to google Tamiflu and thats when I realized that it was responsible for my baby's odd behavior. Drs should warn parents about these side effects before they write the prescription.”

G January 4, 2020

“Was too sick to get out of bed so my paramedic daughter called 911. Fatigue was great as was fever. Dr prescribed me tamiflu. It gave me horrible diarrhea and painful vomiting. I begged my daughter to take me back to ER. She said it is flu symptoms. Six days later I still have diarrhea, and no other symptoms. I know now that this is a side effect. I will miss my last 2 doses. It's too painful.”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

“I ended up with sudden flu symptoms the Monday before Christmas. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday suffering with a high fever, chills, headache, runny nose, everything and finally Thursday went to the doctor. Gave me Tamiflu and I was hopeful because I felt like death. I ate dinner before my first dose, took it, had pretty moderate nausea. Decided to change it up and not eat the next morning. Bad decision. Had some of the worst nausea of my life while the cable man was fixing my internet. My 4th dose has led to me now having diarrhea. I can’t tell if the relief out weights the nausea I felt for hours after each dose (though I do plan on stopping after my dose for tonight because I can’t handle anymore nausea.)”

Kat January 22, 2019

“I was diagnosed with influenza A. My doctor prescribed Tamiflu worst mistake I ever made was taking that stuff. It made me feel worse than the flu itself nausea vomiting anxiety sleeplessness. Took six doses out of 10 and I had to stop could not take it anymore. I will never take Tamiflu again!”

FFS... August 25, 2019

“I caught influenza and was tested quickly due the the nature of my work (within 24 hours of symptoms) and was prescribed this POISON. I got a ten packet of pills for the astounding price of $48. Compared to a 30 packet of paracetamol at $2 which did a hell of a lot more. I took the first tablet with food as instructed and roughly an hour later the pain started. It was excruciatingly bad and I proceeded to spend the day dry heaving and vomiting between wiping my bleeding nose. I endured it because it said it could happen and I figured it would wear off. I took the second tablet 12 hours later and was in the same position quickly. After the second tablet I stopped taking them. I spent two days vomiting what little water I was trying to keep down from being dehydrated from the fever in terrible pain. I could sleep, I couldn't talk, nothing. I just laid there in pain. Tamiflu MAY reduce the symptoms...”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2018

“Tamiflu should be off the market and I will never ever take it! It is hard to believe that some people had absolutely no side effects or just a little. I had to go back to Quick Care on the 4th day taking it because I thought I developed something really bad and because I was not able to distinguish between flu symptoms and side effects anymore. What I feel now is worst when I got the flu. The constant nausea, headache, body aches, rash that I developed, swelling torso, insomnia, frequent crying and bad thoughts about dying (yep, I know!) made me stay out of work for 5 days!”

Lb · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

“All I can say is thank god for anti nausea meds! I took Tamiflu with a bit of food, as instructed and within 20-30 mins was violently throwing up, which wasn’t at all part of my flu symptoms. Back to the doctor I went to get anti nausea meds prescribed and the moment I took them I felt completely better. Ate more food and was able to easily take tamiflu with no issues. I understand it’s a super strong drug, but if you really need it, I recommend requesting an anti nausea medication to go along with it.”

Catherine · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

“I was diagnosed with the flu and tried tamiflu. I had one pill and three hours later I had horrible side effects - I couldn't keep anything down, insane nausea, lost all feeling in my extremities and my hands and feet cramped up so I couldn't move. Sharp pains all through my chest. It was bad, had to go to the ER. Two of the doctors told me to keep taking it but the ER nurse told me she doesn't like Tamiflu and I could stop taking it. I stopped and woke up feeling way better.”