User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 2)

Tamiflu has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 483 ratings for the treatment of Influenza. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 38% reported a negative experience.

Reviews for Tamiflu

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month · December 11, 2019

"Be aware of the side effects before taking this medication. The doctor said I had the flu and prescribed me tamiflu. 75mg every 12 hours. I started having headaches and shortly after that I started vomiting severely with intense abdominal pain. I had to rush to the hospital because the stomach pain was unbearable. When I got to the hospital the doctor told me to stop taking tamiflu. I’m still feeling the abdominal pain but not as bad and still can’t eat anything. Never again will I be taking this medication!!"

jesswilkin · December 11, 2019

"This is the worst "medicine" I have ever taken... I went to urgent care and it was prescribed to me, the next morning I took one pill and within 30 minutes I started vomiting. I vomited 4 times within 1 hour and then was dry heaving. Then I did a little bit of research on the drug and some of these reviews are scary! Hallucinations? Really?! its not worth it, don't waste your money and time. I would rather suffer through the flu than EVER take another one of those pills again. I learned my lesson, always do some research before taking a new medication. My doctor didn't mention any side effects to me, nor did the packaging mention any."

Healthcare professional · November 28, 2018

"The price of this drug is ridiculous!!! So my physician wrote a prescription for Tamiflu $147 and for the new one dose flu medicine made by the same company with a coupon. With the coupon and my insurance it was going to be $90 for the new flu medication. The coupon stated that they would pay $60 and I would pay $30 plus what insurance did not cover, leaving the total cost at $150. For $150 I could be hospitalized. That is my hospital co-pay. Therefore it is cheaper to be hospitalized than to get medicine needed to treat an illness. As a healthcare professional, this is what is wrong with our healthcare system. Big pharmaceutical needs to be taken down!!!"

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month · January 30, 2020

"Awoke with flu Monday morning...full on symptom’s of aches, fever, chills and sweating and plenty of dry coughing. By day 3 of the flu and still having a fever, I went to see my doc who prescribed Tamiflu. I’d never taken nor heard of it. Took the first dose yesterday and felt the same with two huge sweats . Awoke this morning feeling much better than previous day. Took 3rd dose of Tamiflu this morning and by now, mid-day, I’m feeling like I’m quite a bit better. Residual body aches and occasional cough, but nothing like previous days of the flu ! And no side effects whatsoever."

Wenwar · Taken for less than 1 month · February 6, 2019

"My husband was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza. Immediately, upon beginning the script, he got diarrhea. Everything he ate, including popsicles, would require an immediate trip to the bathroom. His doctor advised to continue the script anyway, so after two days of constant bathroom trips, he stopped eating for the remaining 3 days of script. The medicine also caused insomnia for 48 hours, and feelings of depression (which my husband is not normally subject to). I cannot imagine a scenario where I could recommend this medication. And nobody in our family will take it again."

Est · Taken for less than 1 month · May 9, 2019

"I got the Flu and it hit me hard and I fainted and was so sick so I went to the ER. They tested me and I had Influenza B. They prescribed this antibiotic and the first time I took it I felt completely fine, however, on the second day I took it I got intense nausea and vomited to try to feel better. As soon as I started vomiting I got a nosebleed as well. I spent the night vomiting continuously and after that I couldn’t keep anything down for about 2 days, along with intense pain in my abdomen. This felt worse than the actual Flu"

brittg · Taken for less than 1 month · February 15, 2013

"Tuesday 2am chills, sweats, fever, horrible bodyaches, headache. Got in to see Dr on Wednesday 10am and tested positively for influenza. Took first dose of Tamiflu right after Dr's appointment and its now Friday 11am and I'm feeling different. I can actually get around the house no fever, sweats, chills, headache, etc. just still draggy and tired but still 2 days of medicine left. I will say definitely works!"

fluflu · February 5, 2014

"Tested positive for H1N1 on Monday after feeling MISERABLE! Was unable to breathe from my nose, sore throat, back ache, terrible cough that made my ribs burn. Started the meds Tuesday & now (Wednesday afternoon) I'm feeling tons better! Achiness is gone, breathing easier, not quite so tired. It was expensive but totally worth it in my opinion."

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month · May 2, 2019

"I started taking tamiflu on the 3rd day of having the flu. It actually made the flu symptoms go away by the next day but the side effects are not worth it. I got so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up. I had cold sweats and nausea from the dizziness. I also got horrible abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I stopped the medication after the 3rd dose because I couldn’t take care of my daughter or myself from the intense dizziness. I would not recommend this medication."

Rareanddelicateflower · November 17, 2013

"I have flu many times over the last half century, but last year, even after flu vaccine, was the absolute worst. This year symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks on a Friday afternoon: pulse of 120, fever of 102, terrible chills and body aches. I headed straight to a clinic (doc's office was closed) and got a prescription for Tamiflu, which I started immediately. When I awoke the next day my symptoms were much better. I still had the flu, but a mild case."

Sunnyside · Taken for less than 1 month · March 2, 2019

"After two days on Tamiflu, I feel worse. The nausea, heachaches, and insomnia are unbearable. I also had horrible stomach cramps after the first night of taking this med. I have a loss of appetite and a weird taste in my mouth as well. The nausea is hideous. This medication is much too strong. I feel more sick having taken Tamiflu. I will stick to ibuprofen and ride out the rest of this flu. I do not recommend Tamiflu. Seems a bit risky to me."

Lizzit · February 23, 2017

"I was prescribed tamiflu Tuesday evening, took my first dose shortly after getting home from doc. I ate a small meal as it said to but nonetheless an hour or two later I was throwing up, felt horrible. I stopped taking this medication after the one dose and the next day I felt better. I hate this medication and will not take again."

1234Sher1234 · Taken for less than 1 month · February 5, 2017

"This was prescribed to my 17 month old son and he started behaving weird when he is sleeping. He would wake up every 20 mins screaming and sometimes he would be scared of me. I was not informed about the possible side effects. I decided to google Tamiflu and thats when I realized that it was responsible for my baby's odd behavior. Drs should warn parents about these side effects before they write the prescription."

klc241 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 3, 2014

"Caused me painful nausea and then vomiting about 30 minutes after taking it. Had to use a suppository promethazine to relieve nausea. Took it again about 5 years later for another flu - same thing happened. Just made me feel worse, but it worked for the rest of my family."

JB · March 22, 2018

"My 5 yr old took tamiflu for flu. On the 3rd day he starts being super clingy and paranoid. Scared to go into the bathroom alone because "a spider might get him." Has trouble sleeping, talking in his sleep. 4th day has a nightmare at 2am, was acting like something was choking him, struggling/scratching at his own neck. I woke him, he says the grass is trying to choke him. Neck had scratches from clawing at himself. Could not get him to go outside 3 days later. It has been 2 months and his behavior has not been normal since. He won't go outside alone. He is afraid of things he wasn't before like caterpillars. Doesn't like closing his bedroom door if he is alone in the room. Nothing happened to cause this behavior. Only difference was the flu and tamiflu. Asked my doc about tamiflu being the cause and was basically told "not to believe what I read in some blog." But I strongly insist that there is nothing else to explain it. Kids don't just have life altering mental episodes for no reason!"

TAAT · Taken for less than 1 month · May 1, 2019

"Daughter was swabbed for the flu, which came back negative. However, based on symptoms, Urgent Care doctor still prescribed Tamiflu. She took three pills and literally began sleeping in the bathroom due to the constant diarrhea. Was told to just take pepto bismol. By day two she had blood in her stools, sweating, and stomach/abdominal pains that have been so bad that she can't get out of bed. She's had a constant headache, to where she just needs to stop and hold her head. On day four since stopping the medicine and is still it eating, still occasional diarrhea and the stomach pains are still present. I have been forcing liquids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated from the lack of eating and constant diarrhea. Never again will I allow her to even accept this medication from a doctor! This medicine needs to be taken off of the market!"

FeelingGood · Taken for less than 1 month · January 12, 2020

"Over the course of 6 hours I went from mild neck pain to full 9/10 body pain, splitting headache, and 101.5 fever. Stopped at urgent care where I laid for three hours. Tested positive for Flu A. Given tamiflu, and recommended to alternate Advil and Tylenol. Took first dose on an empty stomach, had a night of cold sweats (but still slept well), and woke up with only a mild headache and low grade fever. Having not eaten for 24 hours, took the next dose with soup and crackers. I’m now on dose 6 of 10. Fever and headache are gone, even without Advil/Tylenol. No other symptoms have cropped up—GI or respiratory. I’ve been mostly in bed resting for two days straight, but feel good enough to join the family again today. Tamiflu was a true godsend. I thought that was it for me two days ago and now I’m on my feet again like nothing happened."

Treen · August 1, 2019

"Neither I or my family will ever take this medication again. In addition to all the normal flu symptoms it made me nauseous and unable to eat. I also believe it caused me insomnia and a strange head and neck ache. The flu, with out this med, is 100% better."

HippieTM · January 29, 2014

"I took Tamiflu about 30 hours after showing flu symptoms. A nasal swab showed I was positive for Type A Influenza. I vomited about an 1 1/2 after the first two doses. I was tempted to stop the medication but did not. I am feeling nearly 100% better and it is now day 4. I would definitely take this again."

Danholio · Taken for less than 1 month · January 11, 2015

"Woke on a Sat. with a temp of 100.5. Popped two Advil and made it to 4 p.m. when I realized I was sick. Trip to doc in the box confirmed type A flu. Took first dose of Tamiflu Sunday night at 10 p.m., slept through the night, took second does at 10 a.m. the following morning. Feeling much better just tired. Eat something before you take the meds. My stomach was tore up because I did not eat a snack with the morning dose."

FFS... · August 25, 2019

"I caught influenza and was tested quickly due the the nature of my work (within 24 hours of symptoms) and was prescribed this POISON. I got a ten packet of pills for the astounding price of $48. Compared to a 30 packet of paracetamol at $2 which did a hell of a lot more. I took the first tablet with food as instructed and roughly an hour later the pain started. It was excruciatingly bad and I proceeded to spend the day dry heaving and vomiting between wiping my bleeding nose. I endured it because it said it could happen and I figured it would wear off. I took the second tablet 12 hours later and was in the same position quickly. After the second tablet I stopped taking them. I spent two days vomiting what little water I was trying to keep down from being dehydrated from the fever in terrible pain. I could sleep, I couldn't talk, nothing. I just laid there in pain. Tamiflu MAY reduce the symptoms..."

willsmom · Taken for less than 1 month · February 10, 2014

"My 6 yr old son began having flu symptoms on a Saturday afternoon after having been exposed to the flu earlier in the week. He began taking Tamiflu Saturday evening. That Sunday he had a low grade fever most of the day and felt achy and rundown but was still active. By Monday he no longer had a fever, was eating normally and it was as if nothing had ever happened. He said that it tasted bad but he did not experience any unpleasant side effects."

G · January 4, 2020

"Was too sick to get out of bed so my paramedic daughter called 911. Fatigue was great as was fever. Dr prescribed me tamiflu. It gave me horrible diarrhea and painful vomiting. I begged my daughter to take me back to ER. She said it is flu symptoms. Six days later I still have diarrhea, and no other symptoms. I know now that this is a side effect. I will miss my last 2 doses. It's too painful."

Trying a new thing · January 14, 2015

"My 9 year old son got influenza A in spite of receiving his annual flu shot. His temp was up to 104 when we took him in - very scary. He took the Tamiflu right before bed and woke up with a reduced fever! It doesn't work like an antibiotic where he started getting better fast but I definately feel like it is helping. I was a little nervous because no one in our family has ever used it before but I'm grateful we did. He took with a few crackers and his stomach was fine with it."

FlugoawY · Taken for less than 1 month · January 21, 2014

"I took this medication because I was diagnosed h1n1 type a via swab in nose. I tried to heL my self with homeopathic medicine unfortunately it did not work. I was prescribed tama flu in after the 2 pill day 2 I felt 75 percent better. No side affects for me so far and my body is super sensitive to meds. Glad I started taken this on day 3. It's very pricey but I'd rather pay that then feel as bad as I did."