User Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza (Page 2)

Tamiflu Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Tamiflu

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

“I got so nauseas after taking my first dose Tamiflu. My doctor prescribed Zofran which is an anti nausea drug to take an hour before taking the next Tamiflu dose. It helped so much and I was able to finish it after 5 days. I was feeling so much better after the 2nd day of the flu. My 5 year old was also prescribed Zofran after he threw up and his only symptoms were a 2 day high fever and by the 3rd day he was running around like a normal kid. Get the Zofran and take tamiflu, it is so worth it!!”

defoto · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

“Came down with the flu and felt like I was dying. My niece told me she took Tamiflu and felt better. I went to the urgent care facility near me wher I tested positive for the flu and was prescribed Tamiflu. It wasn't long after taking the first pill that my symptoms seemed to subside. I did feel nausea after the first dose but those side effects disappeared with subsequent doses as did most of my flu symptoms. I stopped vomiting, didn't feel achey, didn't have chills and was able to get back to work and function normally. Tamiflu is a miracle drug!”

Alk · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“This medicine made me fall asleep fast. Is this medicine supposed to make you sleepy”

WA · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

“Amazing how fast it worked. Flu came on surprisingly swift from relatively good to being miserable in a few hours. Started Tamiflu later the same day. I suffered from the classic flu symptoms for the rest of the day and through most of the night, but awoke with all chills and aches and pains gone. With each pill, you can pretty much feel the symptoms wanting to restart at the dose point of 10-12hr. I'm on day 3 currently and am symptom free, but realize the flu virus has two to five more days of working through me. Truly impressed.”

Thankful · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

“I came down with croupy feeling in chest late Monday night. Tuesday I was exhausted and cold all day, but no fever until Tuesday evening. I went to dr and found out it was influenza b. I got tamiflu and took it immediately. Wednesday I started feeling better and my chest pain/coughing subsided greatly. Now Thursday morning I feel almost normal. I’m most concerned with spreading it then feeling sick. I had no ill effects from tamiflu.”

Corrine · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

“Started feeling bad Monday night into Tuesday. Called primary with symptoms and he prescribed Tamiflu. After first dose Tuesday night, had chills and cold sweats all night (although somehow still slept well and got what felt like actual rest). Woke up this morning, took second dose. Fever is gone, headache is gone, aches and chills gone. Only thing is still a mild dry cough. So happy I made that call to the doctor.”

Jackie · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

“Took on the onset of symptoms went from crying thinking that the flu would be the end of me, to only feeling like a severe cold the next day! It works only if caught early.”

Kitykate January 17, 2020

“Tamiflu is not worth to be taken. Is very bad for stomach, my boy vomited after each dose. It is not beneficial.”

Chris(tine) · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

“Tamiflu”

Preslie January 16, 2020

“I had to take it twice a day and it tasted HORRIBLE!!! When it was time to take it again I dreaded it and sat there for a while. It doesn’t matter how many drinks of water you take, Tamiflu stays in your mouth for longer than what you would like it to. It make your food taste terrible, causes hallucinations, vomiting, and nausea. It does help with the flu but it is very unpleasant.”

Madj · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

“Yall... I woke up this morning feeling all the flu symptoms and went to the doctor and got prescribed Tamiflu. I came home ate some soup (They say don’t take on an empty stomach) about an hour later I am throwing up uncontrollably so far 4 times in an hour. I still feel so nauseous and would NOT recommend this to anyone!!”

Cgarcia13 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2020

“I starting feeling the symptoms on Monday mid afternoon. Got a prescription for tamiflu and took it by noon Tuesday and by Tuesday evening I felt much better. Didn’t think it would work that fast. No vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea. Although the doctor told me ibuprofen and Tylenol for headaches and fever so I’ve been taking that with it to help.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

“I was prescribed this for influenza a. I almost didn't take it because my symptoms, while tough, were not THAT severe. NO high fever, no bad cough, etc. But since the doctor prescribed it, I decided to take it. Basically, I spent $50 to feel WORSE. About an hour after taking it, I started to have a serious headache, and then the nausea and stomach pain started. I was up literally all night vomiting and clutching my stomach. This morning I was so out of it and was dehydrated due to the vomiting. I am not taking any additional doses. What a waste of money and a dangerous drug.”

FeelingGood · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

“Over the course of 6 hours I went from mild neck pain to full 9/10 body pain, splitting headache, and 101.5 fever. Stopped at urgent care where I laid for three hours. Tested positive for Flu A. Given tamiflu, and recommended to alternate Advil and Tylenol. Took first dose on an empty stomach, had a night of cold sweats (but still slept well), and woke up with only a mild headache and low grade fever. Having not eaten for 24 hours, took the next dose with soup and crackers. I’m now on dose 6 of 10. Fever and headache are gone, even without Advil/Tylenol. No other symptoms have cropped up—GI or respiratory. I’ve been mostly in bed resting for two days straight, but feel good enough to join the family again today. Tamiflu was a true godsend. I thought that was it for me two days ago and now I’m on my feet again like nothing happened.”

Jmo · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

“This medicine stopped my fever in less than 24 hours. Fevers were up to 101.5 and was the worst symptom.”

MRC · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“Tamiflu knocked flu symptoms out but I am a bit dizzy and have nausea and diarrhea! This hasn’t happened before on a preventative dose of once a day but is troublesome with twice a day dose.”

hm · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“I took my first dose without food and did feel pretty nauseated, but as long as I took with food I had no stomach upset. I didn't experience any other side effects, and after my third dose I noticed a big difference in how I felt. I definitely recovered more quickly from the flu than I have in the past.”

genopdx · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

“I got a prescription within 48 hours of being hit with symptoms, Sunday night got symptoms. Sick with chest congestion and aches 102 fever and chills. Started on Tamiflu twice daily Monday afternoon. Horrible Monday night, horrible all day Tuesday, Wed. morning felt hugely better, weak but no more fever, appetite back, went to work. I'd like to give credit to this medication.”

TamiDONT January 9, 2020

“I would never recommend this medication to ANYBODY, it caused such horrific stomach cramping and diarrhea, this was the only “new” thing I was taking and it was unbearable. I’d rather have the flu than ever take this garbage ever again. Waste of $55.”

Hybaa · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

“Took tamiflu three times over three days. I was supposed to take it twice daily for five days and the pharmacist messed up on my label and only prescribed it for once a day. However, I probably couldn’t have handled twice a day. Tamiflu gave me severe and terrible nausea that hurt. It made my brain swirl in an ocean and debilitated me to one position in bed. I could not move or I threw up even dry heaving. It was like I was poisoned. I do not recommend this unless you have no other choice. And by that I mean like maybe you had a low immune system or something and tamiflu was all that could help you or something. Please know going into this that zofran does nothing for the nausea and ginger root supplement pills helped maybe 25%. But with the ginger root, it interferes with other meds you may need for flu symptoms like Ibuprofen. Tamiflu left me feeling like it was the end of my life and gave me very depressed thoughts”

G January 4, 2020

“Was too sick to get out of bed so my paramedic daughter called 911. Fatigue was great as was fever. Dr prescribed me tamiflu. It gave me horrible diarrhea and painful vomiting. I begged my daughter to take me back to ER. She said it is flu symptoms. Six days later I still have diarrhea, and no other symptoms. I know now that this is a side effect. I will miss my last 2 doses. It's too painful.”

Clarkbar · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

“If your flu symptoms are bad enough that you feel like it is the end, then this medicine is a godsend. But the side effects really do suck. I had a ton of sinus pressure, sneezing, body aches and delirium from fever before I took this. These symptoms went from a 10 to a 5 overnight thanks to Tamiflu, but now I have nausea and headaches to deal with. The nausea especially is really bad. If your flu symptoms are mild I would keep this in mind.”

Oceantracks · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“One daughter diagnosed with flu. I was feeling achy and another daughter was as well so we were prescribed Tamiflu as well. I have the trickiest stomach in the world and have had no side effects… Have had two doses and though I was starting to get aching and extreme fatigue I’m already feeling better. One of my daughters however has had the nausea.”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

“Tested positive for Flu A. Have to take this med with food even if I don't have an appetite or I throw up. And even then it causes me to be dizzy and nauseous and a terrible headache... I'd like to think its reducing some of the virus in my body with these side effects only on day 2...”

Arz113 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 31, 2019

“I gave my 4 year daughter this medication. After the first dosage she had started hallucinating talking to a man that was telling her not to tell us, she would tell me he is right there. She was having full conversation and arguing with him. It was very scary I immediately discontinue the medication and she was back to normal. If prescribed this medication just be aware of the possible side affects I know it doesn’t seem to affect everyone. It does have hallucinating listed as a side affects.”