User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 2)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

acrosby January 31, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Took this medication to help treat the flu. I took this with food because I have a sensitive stomach. Almost immediately after taking I began having extreme nausea and diarrhea. I’ve been throwing up since I took this medication and noticed that this is one of the most common side effects. I personally would not recommend.”

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Awoke with flu Monday morning...full on symptom’s of aches, fever, chills and sweating and plenty of dry coughing. By day 3 of the flu and still having a fever, I went to see my doc who prescribed Tamiflu. I’d never taken nor heard of it. Took the first dose yesterday and felt the same with two huge sweats . Awoke this morning feeling much better than previous day. Took 3rd dose of Tamiflu this morning and by now, mid-day, I’m feeling like I’m quite a bit better. Residual body aches and occasional cough, but nothing like previous days of the flu ! And no side effects whatsoever.”

Not important January 30, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This is rubbish. I should fight the doc that gave me this rubbish meds me feel even worse than I did before”

Njbeverly · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Saved my life. I was completely unable to get out of bed for 3 days, barely to open my eyes. The hospital prescribed Tamiflu after my test came in positive and by the 3rd dose I began to feel life again. Any nausea and lightheaded effects could be from the flu itself not the meds, as I felt those symptoms anyway and actually fainted prior to the meds. I am on day 5 since the diagnosis and feeling about 70% better.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got so nauseas after taking my first dose Tamiflu. My doctor prescribed Zofran which is an anti nausea drug to take an hour before taking the next Tamiflu dose. It helped so much and I was able to finish it after 5 days. I was feeling so much better after the 2nd day of the flu. My 5 year old was also prescribed Zofran after he threw up and his only symptoms were a 2 day high fever and by the 3rd day he was running around like a normal kid. Get the Zofran and take tamiflu, it is so worth it!!”

defoto · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Came down with the flu and felt like I was dying. My niece told me she took Tamiflu and felt better. I went to the urgent care facility near me wher I tested positive for the flu and was prescribed Tamiflu. It wasn't long after taking the first pill that my symptoms seemed to subside. I did feel nausea after the first dose but those side effects disappeared with subsequent doses as did most of my flu symptoms. I stopped vomiting, didn't feel achey, didn't have chills and was able to get back to work and function normally. Tamiflu is a miracle drug!”

Alk · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This medicine made me fall asleep fast. Is this medicine supposed to make you sleepy”

WA · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Amazing how fast it worked. Flu came on surprisingly swift from relatively good to being miserable in a few hours. Started Tamiflu later the same day. I suffered from the classic flu symptoms for the rest of the day and through most of the night, but awoke with all chills and aches and pains gone. With each pill, you can pretty much feel the symptoms wanting to restart at the dose point of 10-12hr. I'm on day 3 currently and am symptom free, but realize the flu virus has two to five more days of working through me. Truly impressed.”

Thankful · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I came down with croupy feeling in chest late Monday night. Tuesday I was exhausted and cold all day, but no fever until Tuesday evening. I went to dr and found out it was influenza b. I got tamiflu and took it immediately. Wednesday I started feeling better and my chest pain/coughing subsided greatly. Now Thursday morning I feel almost normal. I’m most concerned with spreading it then feeling sick. I had no ill effects from tamiflu.”

Corrine · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Started feeling bad Monday night into Tuesday. Called primary with symptoms and he prescribed Tamiflu. After first dose Tuesday night, had chills and cold sweats all night (although somehow still slept well and got what felt like actual rest). Woke up this morning, took second dose. Fever is gone, headache is gone, aches and chills gone. Only thing is still a mild dry cough. So happy I made that call to the doctor.”

Jackie · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Took on the onset of symptoms went from crying thinking that the flu would be the end of me, to only feeling like a severe cold the next day! It works only if caught early.”

Kitykate January 17, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu is not worth to be taken. Is very bad for stomach, my boy vomited after each dose. It is not beneficial.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

“I was prescribed this after labs came back positive for influenza A, but doctor warned me depending on my prescription coverage it may be expensive so I don't have to take it if I can't afford it. My wife was also put on a preventative dose. The way our Insurance plans work we can't be on each other's plan because we are offered our own plans at work which sucks cause my Insurance is better than hers. We both have the same prescription card but at different levels. This med cost me $20, when my wife went to get hers it was $68. What a joke. Same damn drug 2 different prices how is this legal? Oh, they came from the same pharmacy even. Besides that it seems to be helping me, except it says peel here to open, it doesn't peel and need a knife to cut open. Try testing your products once in awhile.”

Chris(tine) · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu”

Preslie January 16, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I had to take it twice a day and it tasted HORRIBLE!!! When it was time to take it again I dreaded it and sat there for a while. It doesn’t matter how many drinks of water you take, Tamiflu stays in your mouth for longer than what you would like it to. It make your food taste terrible, causes hallucinations, vomiting, and nausea. It does help with the flu but it is very unpleasant.”

Madj · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Yall... I woke up this morning feeling all the flu symptoms and went to the doctor and got prescribed Tamiflu. I came home ate some soup (They say don’t take on an empty stomach) about an hour later I am throwing up uncontrollably so far 4 times in an hour. I still feel so nauseous and would NOT recommend this to anyone!!”

Cgarcia13 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I starting feeling the symptoms on Monday mid afternoon. Got a prescription for tamiflu and took it by noon Tuesday and by Tuesday evening I felt much better. Didn’t think it would work that fast. No vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea. Although the doctor told me ibuprofen and Tylenol for headaches and fever so I’ve been taking that with it to help.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was prescribed this for influenza a. I almost didn't take it because my symptoms, while tough, were not THAT severe. NO high fever, no bad cough, etc. But since the doctor prescribed it, I decided to take it. Basically, I spent $50 to feel WORSE. About an hour after taking it, I started to have a serious headache, and then the nausea and stomach pain started. I was up literally all night vomiting and clutching my stomach. This morning I was so out of it and was dehydrated due to the vomiting. I am not taking any additional doses. What a waste of money and a dangerous drug.”

FeelingGood · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Over the course of 6 hours I went from mild neck pain to full 9/10 body pain, splitting headache, and 101.5 fever. Stopped at urgent care where I laid for three hours. Tested positive for Flu A. Given tamiflu, and recommended to alternate Advil and Tylenol. Took first dose on an empty stomach, had a night of cold sweats (but still slept well), and woke up with only a mild headache and low grade fever. Having not eaten for 24 hours, took the next dose with soup and crackers. I’m now on dose 6 of 10. Fever and headache are gone, even without Advil/Tylenol. No other symptoms have cropped up—GI or respiratory. I’ve been mostly in bed resting for two days straight, but feel good enough to join the family again today. Tamiflu was a true godsend. I thought that was it for me two days ago and now I’m on my feet again like nothing happened.”

Jmo · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This medicine stopped my fever in less than 24 hours. Fevers were up to 101.5 and was the worst symptom.”

MRC · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu knocked flu symptoms out but I am a bit dizzy and have nausea and diarrhea! This hasn’t happened before on a preventative dose of once a day but is troublesome with twice a day dose.”

hm · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I took my first dose without food and did feel pretty nauseated, but as long as I took with food I had no stomach upset. I didn't experience any other side effects, and after my third dose I noticed a big difference in how I felt. I definitely recovered more quickly from the flu than I have in the past.”

genopdx · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got a prescription within 48 hours of being hit with symptoms, Sunday night got symptoms. Sick with chest congestion and aches 102 fever and chills. Started on Tamiflu twice daily Monday afternoon. Horrible Monday night, horrible all day Tuesday, Wed. morning felt hugely better, weak but no more fever, appetite back, went to work. I'd like to give credit to this medication.”

TamiDONT January 9, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I would never recommend this medication to ANYBODY, it caused such horrific stomach cramping and diarrhea, this was the only “new” thing I was taking and it was unbearable. I’d rather have the flu than ever take this garbage ever again. Waste of $55.”

Hybaa · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Took tamiflu three times over three days. I was supposed to take it twice daily for five days and the pharmacist messed up on my label and only prescribed it for once a day. However, I probably couldn’t have handled twice a day. Tamiflu gave me severe and terrible nausea that hurt. It made my brain swirl in an ocean and debilitated me to one position in bed. I could not move or I threw up even dry heaving. It was like I was poisoned. I do not recommend this unless you have no other choice. And by that I mean like maybe you had a low immune system or something and tamiflu was all that could help you or something. Please know going into this that zofran does nothing for the nausea and ginger root supplement pills helped maybe 25%. But with the ginger root, it interferes with other meds you may need for flu symptoms like Ibuprofen. Tamiflu left me feeling like it was the end of my life and gave me very depressed thoughts”