User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 3)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

G January 4, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Was too sick to get out of bed so my paramedic daughter called 911. Fatigue was great as was fever. Dr prescribed me tamiflu. It gave me horrible diarrhea and painful vomiting. I begged my daughter to take me back to ER. She said it is flu symptoms. Six days later I still have diarrhea, and no other symptoms. I know now that this is a side effect. I will miss my last 2 doses. It's too painful.”

Clarkbar · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “If your flu symptoms are bad enough that you feel like it is the end, then this medicine is a godsend. But the side effects really do suck. I had a ton of sinus pressure, sneezing, body aches and delirium from fever before I took this. These symptoms went from a 10 to a 5 overnight thanks to Tamiflu, but now I have nausea and headaches to deal with. The nausea especially is really bad. If your flu symptoms are mild I would keep this in mind.”

Oceantracks · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “One daughter diagnosed with flu. I was feeling achy and another daughter was as well so we were prescribed Tamiflu as well. I have the trickiest stomach in the world and have had no side effects… Have had two doses and though I was starting to get aching and extreme fatigue I’m already feeling better. One of my daughters however has had the nausea.”

Never again · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“Within three days of taking this medication (twice daily) I began seeing floaters in my eye and by the last and final dose (day 7 even day 8 as the medication is leaving my system) my limbs would become tingly and my body would need rest. Absolutely terrifying for someone who has never had these issues before. I have seen an optometrist, neurologist and visited the emergency room, clean bill of health. The symptoms I’ve experienced are unexplained. As my own self diagnosis, this drug is dangerous.”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tested positive for Flu A. Have to take this med with food even if I don't have an appetite or I throw up. And even then it causes me to be dizzy and nauseous and a terrible headache... I'd like to think its reducing some of the virus in my body with these side effects only on day 2...”

Arz113 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I gave my 4 year daughter this medication. After the first dosage she had started hallucinating talking to a man that was telling her not to tell us, she would tell me he is right there. She was having full conversation and arguing with him. It was very scary I immediately discontinue the medication and she was back to normal. If prescribed this medication just be aware of the possible side affects I know it doesn’t seem to affect everyone. It does have hallucinating listed as a side affects.”

Nene · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Worst pill I've ever taken I took the pill at 12 sat an I'm still awake I can't sleep for nothing and to think I spent my money on this expensive stuff. Never again I rather take what I've been taking then too deal with the tossing an turning”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I ended up with sudden flu symptoms the Monday before Christmas. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday suffering with a high fever, chills, headache, runny nose, everything and finally Thursday went to the doctor. Gave me Tamiflu and I was hopeful because I felt like death. I ate dinner before my first dose, took it, had pretty moderate nausea. Decided to change it up and not eat the next morning. Bad decision. Had some of the worst nausea of my life while the cable man was fixing my internet. My 4th dose has led to me now having diarrhea. I can’t tell if the relief out weights the nausea I felt for hours after each dose (though I do plan on stopping after my dose for tonight because I can’t handle anymore nausea.)”

Rudi · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was given this medication for precautionary measures since I was around family members that had the Flu. What a mistake. I wasn’t sick until I took this. After 5 doses I couldn’t stand the nausea anymore. Worse I have ever had. I was even taking Zofran for nausea but it did not help. It’s been 3 days since my last dose and I still feel like rubbish. I have completely lost my appetite. Trying to eat crackers and trying to stay hydrated. I have lost 10 lbs in 5 days. Never again. I just pray I start feeling better soon. I don’t recommend this medication to anyone.”

Cancer survivor · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

“Have used this drug twice in the last 5 yrs. I’m immune compromised so have to jump on illnesses quickly. Both times after the 2nd pill the fever was gone and I felt 90% better. It’s such a dramatic swing you can tell it’s the drug. I was very nauseous for just about 1/2 hr after the first pill only but I hadn’t eaten in 24 hrs. After that, maybe very mild stomach ache but so worth it compared to dangerous complications of the flu.”

KB · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I took Tamiflu about a year or so ago and I experienced some of those severe side effects. I dealt with hallucinations and really dark thoughts which lead to me being baker-acted (hospitalized for mental health/self harm threat). I didn't attribute the stomach pains and nausea that I experience to the med until I read through these comments and now I realize that those symptoms were very much present as well. I had multiple panic attacks while this was in my system and I had never previously had one in my life. This absolutely was the worst experience of my life and I'm only thankful that I didn't ultimately harm myself or anyone else when I did take it. I would've much rather dealt with the flu than the side effects I ended up experiencing. I hope no one else is having a similar or worst experience.”

Ok · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

“My 7 year old son had a flu for 6 days before we they figured it out. He is a very active kid and barely moved off the couch/took 2 naps per day for most of that time. He cried if the TV was turned up past 13 and was very photosensitive. His fever was 101 on ibuprofen. When my 9 year old daughter spiked a fever, we knew what she had. Off to the clinic and they gave prescribed this medication. She is on day 3. Her fever is 99.7 at night and none during the day. She says her head doesn't hurt. Her eyes are still glassy and red. She doesn't have a ton of energy but she's not laying on the couch lethargic like her brother. I'd say it was the best money we spent.”

Mommabear December 15, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 12 year old daughter diagnosed with Flu B. She started this right away. Since the symptoms of flu and side effects of Tamiflu can be similar, it’s difficult to say. But she is now fever free without medication 48 hours after onset. I’m hoping and thinking the Tamiflu helped her body get control of the virus. I’m stopping it today because she feels pretty good and I don’t want to ruin it for her. She did have dizziness, nausea despite anti nausea medication, but she had it before Tamiflu too. Who knows. But none of the serious side effects for her.”

Nay · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Woke up at midnight nauseated and with horrible body aches. Next day I didn't think I could get to the doctor but went to the urgent care. Dx with flu based on symptoms but I declined the nasal swab due to cost. I waited to take it until I could confirm I had a fever when the Motrin wore off. I woke up feeling so much better!! this medication has been a miracle for me. It's my second time taking it.”

Northern gal · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This medicine is a Godsend. I originally thought I had a fungal infection because there was mold after a renovation in my home. I assisted in cleaning it. 3 weeks later I was very ill. Lungs, completely no energy, all muscles aching to the point I couldn't even walk. No fever but chills. After a week on anti fungal medication and no better, it was sum used I had the early flu virus going around. The 1st day I took it I began feeling better that evening. Yes I had a strange headache and some stomach upset. But within 5 days all the flu that had plagued me greatly. Including muscle and joint aches are gone. I just have residual fatigue but I've been sick awhile and think that will just take time to come back. A big 10 for me.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Be aware of the side effects before taking this medication. The doctor said I had the flu and prescribed me tamiflu. 75mg every 12 hours. I started having headaches and shortly after that I started vomiting severely with intense abdominal pain. I had to rush to the hospital because the stomach pain was unbearable. When I got to the hospital the doctor told me to stop taking tamiflu. I’m still feeling the abdominal pain but not as bad and still can’t eat anything. Never again will I be taking this medication!!”

jesswilkin December 11, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This is the worst "medicine" I have ever taken... I went to urgent care and it was prescribed to me, the next morning I took one pill and within 30 minutes I started vomiting. I vomited 4 times within 1 hour and then was dry heaving. Then I did a little bit of research on the drug and some of these reviews are scary! Hallucinations? Really?! its not worth it, don't waste your money and time. I would rather suffer through the flu than EVER take another one of those pills again. I learned my lesson, always do some research before taking a new medication. My doctor didn't mention any side effects to me, nor did the packaging mention any.”

Step · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “First time I've taken Tamiflu. I did get the prescription within 36 hours of symptoms after a positive test for influenza. Within 48 hours of starting my symptoms are greatly reduced, my fever is gone and I am on the mend. Don't get me wrong as I'm still sick and still have some pains and weakness but I can function and do things around home. Much quicker recovery time than not taking the med.”

Lb · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “All I can say is thank god for anti nausea meds! I took Tamiflu with a bit of food, as instructed and within 20-30 mins was violently throwing up, which wasn’t at all part of my flu symptoms. Back to the doctor I went to get anti nausea meds prescribed and the moment I took them I felt completely better. Ate more food and was able to easily take tamiflu with no issues. I understand it’s a super strong drug, but if you really need it, I recommend requesting an anti nausea medication to go along with it.”

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Great great great medicine. I was alarmed when I caught the flu so hard that everything hurt. All I could do was sleep. So I did. I slept for 28 straight hours with the ability to only wake up to go to the restroom. Drove to the doctor and confirmed the flu. Doc prescribed tamiflu and ibuprofen. Immediately took the first dose and was able to eat. Not sure if it was the medicine or what but I was able to sleep again that night. By the morning all symptoms were virtually gone. But continue to take my dosage on the 3rd day 2 a day and have to say it’s a great big YES! From me. I had a 102.7 fever body aches and joints were screaming of pain before this med. as for side effects.... none. I guess we are all different. But definitely worth a try.”

Catherine · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with the flu and tried tamiflu. I had one pill and three hours later I had horrible side effects - I couldn't keep anything down, insane nausea, lost all feeling in my extremities and my hands and feet cramped up so I couldn't move. Sharp pains all through my chest. It was bad, had to go to the ER. Two of the doctors told me to keep taking it but the ER nurse told me she doesn't like Tamiflu and I could stop taking it. I stopped and woke up feeling way better.”

Nik · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Once I started taking this medication I felt nauseous an hour after the first dose. After completing the third dose the next day I began vomiting until my stomach was completely empty. Taking the fourth dose I became nauseous again and made the decision not to take it anymore. Worse feeling ever, I dreaded having to take each dose. Made me feel terrible and the nausea was unbearable and ruined any appetite I had. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone!”

Concernedmom · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My son (14 years) was given this within the allotted time frame for FluB. Yesterday, on the afternoon of day two he complained of nausea & I told him not to drink milk since I was raised milk & the flu don't mix. He woke me at 2 a.m. last night with SEVERE abdominal pain (night of day 2). I tried the heating pad but he didn’t want to even have it touch him. Luckily I had ginger ale on hand and gave him that. I immediately started reading side effects and discovered he was having one. I called his pediatrician to tell her we were stopping it & she confirmed that abdominal pain was a side effect & it was ok to stop. The saddest thing is while my son suffered in pain he shook his head and said, “ this medicine is too strong.” How he knew that I can only guess he was listening to his body. Of course I felt bad having my kid take this but since stopping no more abdominal pain.”

MK · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tested positive for flu type b and was given this awful stuff on Friday. By Sunday I could barely walk, was so nauseous, had extreme sensitivity to smells, lights and sounds and an odd headache. I had horrible stomach cramps and pains. I stopped taking the medicine on Sunday. On Tuesday I am still feeling flu symptoms on top of the nausea, sensitivity, zero appetite and strange headache. I have never been so sick. I would never recommend this drug to anyone and cannot wait until it’s out of my system completely. I cannot believe that they are selling this stuff as ‘medicine’.”

Anonymous November 6, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Doesn’t work: read the info by googleing tamiflu-and-relenza-getting-full-evidence-picture”