User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 6)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tara · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 1.5 year old daughter got diagnosed with the flu and was given tamiflu, she ended up being admitted into the hospital for severe vomiting and diarrhea, she was taken off of it. My husband and I were both given tamiflu as well, on day 3 of taking it we both became violently ill. I am still sick. Vomiting, cramps, nausea and diarrhea. These are not typical flu symptoms, and so I can only imagine it is from the drug. Upon furthering reading up on side effects on the tamiflu website this drug can cause liver damage and ulcers. I DO NOT recommend unless absolutely necessary.”

One sick woman · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu was amazingly effective the first time I got the flu this year. No side effects, and within three days I felt a world of difference. However, after getting reinfected a few days ago, this time it has only made me feel so much worse. The nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting have been ridiculous. I already have chronic nausea, so it's only exacerbated the condition. I'm stopping taking them today because I'm tired of getting home extra late after work due to me having to leave work AND get off my buses early to puke and poop every 45 minutes. Rite Aid's "Maximum strength nighttime severe cold & flu" is significantly more effective, and so far I've not experienced any side effects (nausea is still there, but I'm pretty sure it's my GI issues and not the medication itself). If Tamiflu works for you, then please don't take my experience as word of law, and take it, it just isn't worth it for me to take it.”

I Feel Like I'm Dying January 31, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I keep puking and there's nothing stopping it. I can't handle even drinking sips of water without it coming back up, there is nothing left in my stomach. I ended up having to soak in a bath just to absorb some kind of water and it wasn't under hours later of sleeping and puking that I managed to handle just water.”

JulieCherry · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My daughter started showing flu symptoms last Saturday. I started coughing a bit the same night. Took her to urgent care - she was confirmed influenza. I gradually started feeling worse - tired, heavy chest, coughing, aches, low grade temperature, exhaustion. I did a telemedicine call with my physician to get on tamiflu. Started it Sunday night. Stayed home from work Monday with headache, low grade fever and general malaise. However, by evening I noticed a big improvement. By Tuesday, I felt well enough to go back to work - the day was very tiring and my head felt as if someone was squishing it together. But I’ll be tip top by tomorrow. Insane. I’m definitely be taking this again. Made this flu so mild.”

April January 26, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “The doc prescribed tamiflu and I vomited, headaches and even got worst fever. Prior to this drug I'm just taking paracetamol, I only have fever and body ache but when I took the tamiflu - I wish I didn't take it coz it my side effects were severe and it is quite expensive.”

silver · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2019

“I took this medicine after dealing with influenza type A for 3 days. After the first 2 doses, I started having diarrhea, nausea, ringing in the ears, high blood pressure, insomnia and very bad anxiety. I still used it for 4 days and just stopped it, can't do this anymore. With all these side effects, I am not sure how effective this medicine would be.”

Kat January 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with influenza A. My doctor prescribed Tamiflu worst mistake I ever made was taking that stuff. It made me feel worse than the flu itself nausea vomiting anxiety sleeplessness. Took six doses out of 10 and I had to stop could not take it anymore. I will never take Tamiflu again!”

Tamiflu... · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I work with children so I get the occasional cold, but this time it wouldn’t remit with the normal over the counter stuff, so 3 days ago, off I go to Urgent Care. The Doc gave me Tamiflu, day one, liquids and just in bed no energy almost no food. Day two, chills sweats no energy, day three I’m feeling worst chills sweats now I’m visiting the Oval Office (bathroom) every 20-45 min diarrhea/nausea, so you cough and well you throw up. I can’t sleep, I’m tired it’s 4.30 am and if I close my eyes I have nightmares in a semi asleep. Irritability or plain anxiety... ok that’s where I stop. I started reading about Tamiflu, this drug is no joke it’s strong and side effects are real. Now I wonder how long before I flush this out my system. For me it helped with symptoms but the sides are WAY STRONG. Costof dr visit + meds $300! and now I feel worse...”

Carlene January 17, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This was prescribed for my 13-year-old. It didn’t seem to alleviate her symptoms, but the worst part was that it caused auditory hallucinations and terrible insomnia. The best thing for her would be to sleep but Tamiflu made it impossible. After five doses she refused to take any more. Fast forward three days and I get the flu. In desperation I took two doses of her unused Tamiflu capsules, after which my fever shot up and it became impossible for me to sleep.”

Pink1111899 January 9, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Symptoms before tamiflu - body ache, earache, persistent fever, coughing-feels burns inside and it hurts, vomiting while coughing, head pounding, Took only two doses so far and I stopped. I got Insomnia - I could not sleep- I need sleep to rest. I would lie in bed and unable to sleep. Also I got nauseas not for the whole day though. The medication is excellent in response to the flu !!!! My fever broke down after four hours. The coughing stopped except the stuffy nose. It stopped the earache and body aches! Beside that I drank lots of teas or water. I ate a bit.”

thecatspajamas · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I have taken this medicine twice. The first time I took it within the 48-hour period and my symptoms were gone within 3 days and made a full recovery over a 6 day period. Now, as I write this is a different experience. My flu symptoms started two days ago with body ache, chills, head ache, throat ache and vomiting. I started tamiflu later that day. My body ache and chills have gone away but I have been throwing up more and feel so light headed. I have been drinking tons of fluids and pedialyte. These meds are extremely powerful and I'm not sure if its because I'm petite but my doctor told me to discontinue these meds (day 2 now) and I feel very uneasy on them. godspeed if you try them!”

Mad · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I’ve had the flu for two days now, they gave me tamiflu and about 30 minutes after taking I vomited.I’ve vomited two times now wouldn’t recommend this”

Beckybeckz December 29, 2018

“I got sick with the flu on a Wednesday! I went on Friday to the doctor who prescribed Oseltamivir which is a generic version on tamiflu, started taking it right way and I have to say it is definitely helping! I think because I started taking it within the 48hrs it has worked wonders for me! Today is the 2nd day I’ve taken it and I have to say fever has gone away, I don't get those nasty chills anymore, I’m able to keep food down! I have been able to sleep which reading other people’s comments they have had trouble. The only thing about this medication is that it will make you break out. I normally have really nice skin but I woke up with 2 nasty pimples! I’ll take that rather then feeling miserable! I hope I get better soon but so far so good.”

Sid December 28, 2018

“I started using this medicine since yesterday and I feel must to share my HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE so some other innocent patient knows what can happen. This OVER PRICED medicine makes you more sick - I got nausea, lost of appetite, vomiting twice in a days, dehydration, dizziness. Instead of getting cure I'm getting worse and finally discontinuing it realizing not only my money get WASTED but also my health gets worse. ”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was so excited to start tamiflu. I thought that it would help the pain go away and shorten the symptoms. It all started with a mild cough and a sore throat. The next day I woke up with a 102.6 fever and around 3am and started vomiting. I went to urgent care the next day and they gave me tamiflu. I will NEVER take this again. I was more nauseous than before and I was vomiting like crazy! After taking this medicine, I feel worse than I did before I started taking it. I 100% do NOT recommend.”

Bir · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got more sick taking the generic version of Tamiflu. Awful!...Migraine headaches, stomach cramps, vomiting. I felt no improvement until a friend of mine brought Black Elderberry cold and flu relief for flu symptoms. I called the doctor and the pharmacist letting them know this product should not be marketed. Shame on them! Where is the caring of human health...My ER visit and pharmacy cost close to $300.”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu should be off the market and I will never ever take it! It is hard to believe that some people had absolutely no side effects or just a little. I had to go back to Quick Care on the 4th day taking it because I thought I developed something really bad and because I was not able to distinguish between flu symptoms and side effects anymore. What I feel now is worst when I got the flu. The constant nausea, headache, body aches, rash that I developed, swelling torso, insomnia, frequent crying and bad thoughts about dying (yep, I know!) made me stay out of work for 5 days!”

Mamaof2 · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I will never ever take tamiflu again!! After the first dose I had stomach cramps and diarrhea. But after the third dose I’ve been SO dizzy I can’t even close my eyes, nauseous, can’t sleep. I took it at 8:30pm it’s currently 2:30am and now vomiting. Had I known any of this prior I would’ve never even started taking it and I will not continue to take it either!”

Con · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I am 18 years old, and I have had influenza B before. I first started noticing symptoms on Saturday night, beginning with a mild cough. I woke up the next morning feeling awful, I couldn’t leave bed, I was running an 101.7 degree fever. The next day (yesterday) I felt twice as bad, I was running an 102.2 degree fever, so I went to urgent care. I was prescribed Mucinex and Tamiflu. 30 minutes after taking the medicines, I vomited twice. I thought it was just the Mucinex, so when I woke up this morning I only took the tamiflu. I have been vomiting all day. Not sure if it’s just my body rejecting the medication, but I know I felt much better before taking this.”

Healthcare professional November 28, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “The price of this drug is ridiculous!!! So my physician wrote a prescription for Tamiflu $147 and for the new one dose flu medicine made by the same company with a coupon. With the coupon and my insurance it was going to be $90 for the new flu medication. The coupon stated that they would pay $60 and I would pay $30 plus what insurance did not cover, leaving the total cost at $150. For $150 I could be hospitalized. That is my hospital co-pay. Therefore it is cheaper to be hospitalized than to get medicine needed to treat an illness. As a healthcare professional, this is what is wrong with our healthcare system. Big pharmaceutical needs to be taken down!!!”

Heather · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I took Tamiflu last year 2 days after having flu symptoms and being recommended by my doctor. At first it worked great, completely knocked out my fever and chills. Then on day 2 of taking this drug, I got the worst headache of my life. I’ve never had migraines but I’m certain this drug caused me to have one. I had to lay in the dark, with no sound or light for 4 days. I would have rather had the flu for a month than take this medication. I would highly recommend NOT taking this med, it’s not worth it.”

Jen October 30, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I am on the second day with Tamiflu, 3 more days to go. Had not been able to sleep at all even if I managed to, I will have nightmares. Had diarrhea and no appetite. What kind of medication is this? I am pay so much for it ! Wonder if I should stop taking it.”

Nauseated · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was prescribed Tamiflu after being ill with a strange and strong flu virus but it made me feel so much worse with vomiting, nausea, dizziness and headaches in addition to my flu symptoms. It really isn’t worth it and I wish I wasn’t prescribed it because now I’m faced with the task of finishing it because you have to complete the pack. I’m dreading taking the next one. It really isn’t worth feeling this way for hardly any benefits. Plus it’s super expensive.”

Justice · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Friday night I started to feel sick like maybe it was just a cold. I took some ibuprofen and drank some water after a shower hoping if I laid down to rest I'd wake up and feel at least a little better. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to only have a cold. Saturday morning I woke up to the most miserable temperature cold chills, sweats, I felt awful. So I went to urgent care sure enough influenza B. They prescribed me Tamiflu and it cost 40 after insurance. It literally says it reduces symptoms by a day. But it hasn't done anything at all its Monday mid morning and no matter how much I alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen my temperature is still between 101.6 and 103.4 I feel worse. The medicine makes you extremely fatigued and sore in abdominal area.”

MamaInMaking · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve contracted flu so doctor gave me Tamiflu to take twice a day for 5 days. Took one last night and started vomiting and sweating uncontrollably that I had to be taken to hospital to check on myself and baby. We’re both fine but Tamiflu is way too strong for me to take, I’d rather take paracetamol and rest. Wouldn’t recommend.”