User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 5)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Mrs.D · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was feeling horrible for 2 days I went to medexpress and there the doctor gave me tamiflu. I have been on it for 3 days and no change my cough has worsened, still stuffy nose, eyes burning, no appetite,and diarrhea I don't recommend this to anyone”

Maddie · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I started taking tamiflu and on day 3 I started having severe panic attacks, I woke up out of a dead sleep because I thought someone was screaming at me. I was trying to take care of my son and I almost passed from the dizziness caused by the tamiflu. Not to mention the horrible nausea, heart burn, and stomach cramps. I will never take this drug again.”

Nani March 27, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This caused me diarrhea so bad I pooped my pants everyday while I was taking this”

Jen D · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I started taking Tamiflu 36 hours into having the flu. While I did not have as many of the side effects as others have experienced, I did have horrible diarrhea almost immediately after taking the drug. Additionally, I experienced 2 sleepless nights, tossing, turning, back aches and insomnia. With that said, my flu symptoms dissipated within 24 hours of taking the drug, so I do feel like it shortened the duration of the flu. Also, the drug was expensive... Over $100. My insurance barely paid for any of it. I think you have to ask yourself, are you OK feeling bad for an additional day or two in exchange for just having the flu or are you willing to get back 24 hours of your life with the risk of some not so pleasant side effects. After 4 doses, I decided to go off. Hoping the Flu doesn't return as I am not going to finish the course my doctor prescribed. I want to get a good nights rest and not have to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. I'll roll the dice.”

Cmd1122 · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I only took three doses, about one hour after the third dose I got such severe lower abdominal pain that I went to the emergency room. It has been nearly 48 hours after my last dose and I am still experiencing excruciating pain in my lower abdomen and am considering another trip to the emergency room. I would never take this again, and I am still running a fever.”

N March 20, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Just a heads up. If you suffer from cluster headaches please don’t take tamiflu. After my first dose it threw me into a pain level 10. I had been doing well with for past 2 months. I’m chronic with cluster headaches. Anyway I know the difference of drug induced cluster and it is huge. So please don’t take if you suffer from these. I feel it is a good drug - just not for me”

Eli March 20, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I’m 18, got the flu for the first time. The doctor gave me Tamiflu. After the first dose of Tamiflu I woke up from a nap and barely knew where I was. I felt like I was a different person and was under the influence until the medicine wore off. Next time I get the flu I will NOT take Tamiflu.”

Steph · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My son had body aches, headaches, fever of over 103, eye pain and a cough on 14 March so took him to emergency room on 15 March and he was prescribed tamiflu. Took it that night by the next morning on the 16 March he feels 90% back to himself. He took it with food and plenty of fluids as well and not side affect was a weird nose bleed which the pharmacists weren’t aware that was a side effect. Yip Tamiflu works.”

Froggy · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I am stopping this medication now (my third day) and will NEVER take again. I am so nauseous and cannot stop vomiting. I am unable to even sip water! I have an awful pain in my upper abdomen and I have not slept since beginning treatment. I would rather suffer through the flu than the side effects of this so called medication, the flu is much less painful.”

Reng March 7, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “High fever and body aches began on Monday. Went to doc Tues morning and tested positive for Type A flu. Was prescribed Tamiflu and took first dose early Tues afternoon. My fever ceased by Weds morning, but the pain in my head began to increase dramatically. It's Thursday and I now have diarrhea and am extremely nauseas. I could not sleep last night at all. The pain in my head was unbearable. I decided to take one of my migraine pills to see if it worked as I could not take it anymore. It relieved it slightly. My mouth tastes horrible and I think it is what is making me even more nauseous. Doc sent med for my young girls for prevention since they were exposed to the virus as well. They have not had any side effects. I do not think I am going to take my doses today. I cannot continue with this nausea and headache.”

Lorith · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza type A and started taking it within about 15 hours of onset of symptoms. Day 2 I suffered from mild heartburn, but by day 3 the heartburn was so severe it kept me up in the night. Way down on that long list of possible side effects, dyspepsia (heartburn/indigestion) was listed. I am happy for those who found success with Tamiflu, but I will never take it again! It is not worth “shaving off a day” of being sick when some of the side effects can be much more painful or debilitating than the actual sickness. (By the way, the only thing that has ever given me that intensity of heartburn is jalapeño peppers!)”

Sunnyside · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “After two days on Tamiflu, I feel worse. The nausea, heachaches, and insomnia are unbearable. I also had horrible stomach cramps after the first night of taking this med. I have a loss of appetite and a weird taste in my mouth as well. The nausea is hideous. This medication is much too strong. I feel more sick having taken Tamiflu. I will stick to ibuprofen and ride out the rest of this flu. I do not recommend Tamiflu. Seems a bit risky to me.”

Gray · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 7yo who had the flu shot in Oct was just diagnosed with Influenza A. She has high fevers of 103.8, fatigue, headache, body aches, runny/stuffy nose and congested cough. Doctor prescribed Tamiflu and I gave it to her within 24 hours of her symptoms. Within 7 hours of the first does she had NO fever, no body aches, no fatigue, no headache. NO SIDE EFFECT so far. She is back to herself again! Tamiflu has been a lifesaver! Think the real issue is this over hyped up ineffective flu shot that is overly promoted in the media!”

Nadene · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Myself and 4 of my children took tamiflu immediately after flu symptoms started and within 24 hours every single one of us felt so much better, still sick just not death bed sick. We made sure to take it with some food and never had any side effects at all. Children’s ages are 4, 6, 9 and 12.”

Mike February 25, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got diagnosed with severe type A flu with a fever of 103 and terrible chills with none stop nausea and vomiting . The first two doses were great I lost the chills and my fever went down. However after the 3rd dose I started to have intense stomach cramps that were so bad I had to go to the ER. Additionally I started to have random jerks with my arms and legs when I tried to sleep, I had intense chills, my eyes were dry and bloodshot, a intense headache. The worst part of the Tamiflu experience is that I was also not able to take me zofran for my vomiting. It reversed the effect of the zofran so instead of making my nausea go away it made it many times worse. Anything except for water made my stomach ache to the point of going to the ER as said earlier. This is the first review I have ever done for anything online which is a shocker because I am 18. I am doing this to emphasize the total hideous side effects of this drug. wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.”

Misssickalot · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “It seems to be working. I have bad anxiety and it gave me a mild cough. I'm only taking it once a day. I have influenza A. I did have diarrhea when I first started it and some strange breathing but that got better too. I would take it again if needed.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “First time user, first time with flu. After taking tamiflu I had an allergic reaction. My lips become swollen like I had bad injections so bad I thought they were going to bursts. I had hives all over my back and stomach. That was the first day. However, my fever was gone and so were the aches and pains. But I still felt sleepy and groggy due to the meds and sweat like crazy. Changing my clothes and sheets during the night every night after waking up soaking wet no joke. I stayed dehydrated because I am constantly sweating , not something I normally do. I’m drinking 8+ bottles of water and 2 large 32oz bottles of juice/Gatorade right now . I would Recommend you definitely stay very hydrated. I have 2 days left of meds. Not perfect but, beats being sick with aches pains and 104 fever like before cause I felt worse before meds.”

Jerseygirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was skeptical based on negative stories. I DID start it within 48 hours and it is confirmed Influenza A. Very weak, joint pain, throat agony, heavy wet cough ..... sheer hell. If you have the actual flu it is so miserable. I am on day 3. I feel so much better because if this med. Even day 2 was a vast improvement.”

Lovely13675 · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Day 4 of med and knocked flu down fast but side effects are a not so pleasant. I have headache, not so great sleep, anxiety which is mild, stomach ache when I take a pill, even with food, food tastes off - even salad! I am considering skipping the last two pills.”

Jeniffer February 19, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My throat started hurting on Saturday night. Sunday I was home in bed all day. I just thought I had a bad cold so after sleeping all morning and night on Sunday I went to work on Monday. I stayed home on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night I took my son to the doctor and had him check me as well. By then I was feeling mostly better although still wasn’t back to myself. The doctor said it looks like I have the flu and I tested positive for having the Flu (not sure which exact type). The doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I was given the generic version. I took it that night and it made me feel worse. It kept me awake all night and made me very nauseous. It also made my Flu symptoms worse. I was on my way to recovery but that took away the progress that I was making and made me feel worse. I only took the medicine that one time but it did it’s damage. This medicine definitely prolonged my flu.”

Sas · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Running a 104 fever for 24 hours, went to urgent care and tested positive for influenza A. Took tamiflu and my nausea, headache, chills, and fever broke within 3 HOURS! Completely worth having a flu swab jammed up my nose.”

Randy · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My husband became psychotic on day 3, choked me and then killed himself. Where is our FDA? Where is the makers of Tamiflu? You took a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, brother and friend from many. No one seems to care.”

Wenwar · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My husband was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza. Immediately, upon beginning the script, he got diarrhea. Everything he ate, including popsicles, would require an immediate trip to the bathroom. His doctor advised to continue the script anyway, so after two days of constant bathroom trips, he stopped eating for the remaining 3 days of script. The medicine also caused insomnia for 48 hours, and feelings of depression (which my husband is not normally subject to). I cannot imagine a scenario where I could recommend this medication. And nobody in our family will take it again.”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was scared to take this after reading these reviews, I came down with the flu on a Saturday morning went to a clinic Sunday morning my fevers were insane high and they tested me for the flu, what I learned if you are not tested for the actual flu and confirmed you definitely have the flu Tamiflu is not going to work, you have to start the tamiflu within the first 48 hours of having the flu for it to be beneficial, the only side effect I had was the insomnia for the first two days of taking it then I was able to sleep better and more, I am thankful I did take this each hour that passed before taking this was absolute misery I felt better within hours having the Tamiflu. For most people that say it didn’t work make sure you are tested for the flu to confirm you have the flu first do not just take the doctors word you have the flu make them do the test.”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Every dose made me throw up and feel sick to my stomach for hours”