User Reviews for Rectiv to treat Anal Fissure and Fistula

Rectiv Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Anal Fissure and Fistula.

Reviews for Rectiv

"The only thing I have found helpful in managing pain for severe hemorrhoids. Mild headache but tolerable given pain relief."

Smilie January 23, 2019

"I was cold during the use, I had trembling and a light headache. I pray it works today is only day 1. $616.00 is alot of money as insurance did not cover which is horrible!"

MsPainHelp (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

"I suffered for over a year with a anal fissure that was so painful I’d lay in the bath 3-4 times a day to get relief. It was also infected and was leaking a horrible smelly clear discharge. I finally went to the doctor and had it checked out. He prescribed this to see if it would work and within a couple weeks I was healed and had 0 pain. The headaches only last a week or less from the first use. This stuff is amazing and I can’t praise it enough. I thought I was gonna have to deal with the excruciating pain for forever."

Relief (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

"One application as prescribed and I had a headache worsening over 3 hours, dizziness, and severe nausea. Ended up projectile vomiting. Scared to try again after experiencing these side effects."

Cmcn1986 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018

"This is a fantastic medication.I was trying everything over the counter and nothing really helped till my doctor put me on rectiv. I thank god for this medication and my doctor for prescribing it. Within 3 days of use the pain subsided and I felt a major difference. I'm back to my old self again "

Julie March 23, 2018

"I struggled with intense pain and bleeding due to a fissure for several months. Assuming it was hemmorhoids, I tried multiple over the counter medicines, but nothing worked. My OB/Gyn was the one who realized it was a fissure and prescribed Rectiv. The headaches were rough at first, and I almost quit using the ointment because of them. I'm so glad I didn't, though. Within one week, the headaches were gone, and my fissure symptoms were calming down. By week two, I was totally back to normal--no pain, no bleeding. I continued using it for another week, just to be sure I was completely healed. I've been off it for two weeks now, and I'm still symptom-free. I can't sing the praises of this medicine enough!!"

Ameyls May 31, 2017

"I've been on Rectiv for 2 weeks alongside an initial 10-day course of Cipro for a fistula. The Rectiv does cause an immediate headache within minutes of use, but after a few days it goes away, or you get used to it. I did notice relief of pain and swelling for a while until a sudden return of the pain, fistula and swelling! For no apparent reason and after no sudden changes in diet! Seeing my doctor tomorrow to try and determine another angle."

RMS_10011 March 10, 2017

"I developed anal fissures after using Invokamet and Invokana. My GI Dr. prescribed Rectiv to heal them. It worked! However, I got an instant Migraine each time. You cannot take aspirin, so I took my Migraine medicine - Fiorcet. It took about two weeks to heal. A real godsend! Only downfall was the cost - $525.00 per tube. Insurance covered it, thankfully!"

Bear Man (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

"I'm on day 2 of this product and I "feel" a drastic difference. I am forever grateful to my doctor for prescribing this. 3 years ago I had the same issue and I suffered for 3 months with excruciating pain during my bowel movement to the point I added to my misery by holding it for up to a week at a time to suffer from as few painful bowel motions as possible all because I was to embarrassed to show this problem to my doctor. Never again and I really thank the pharmacist for the coupon to bring my cost down to 40 dollars. There is a mild side effect I didn't have a headache more so painless throbbing in my head for the first 1-2 after application. I was still able to function and get through my clinicals without feeling faint or ill."

tnurse March 10, 2014

"Helped healing and did give me a headache but with repeated use the headaches went away soon. Overall Rectiv healed where nothing else helped, was worth the extra money."

somebetter (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2013

"I used this medication just twice and had a severe headache for 3 days."

Rothchild July 24, 2013

"This is my first day of use...2nd application. I already have some relief where I got none from lidocaine and diltiazem."

msd3788 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2012