User Reviews for Zejula

Ovarian Cancer
4.2

Summary of Zejula reviews 5.4 8 reviews

Reviews for Zejula

For Fallopian Tube Cancer "I was diagnosed with stage 4 fallopian and peritoneal cancer (BRCA1 positive) with an initial CA125 of 3490. After chemo I was in remission for 2 years and then had more chemo for a recurrence. Afterwards I went on Zejula and have taking it for about 16 months. The initial dose of 300 mg per day gradually caused numerous side effects including fatigue, weakness, sleeplessness, increased blood pressure, back pain and then finally I had to have a blood transfusion and go off the drug for a month. I resumed at 100 mg per day and all the side effects disappeared except the sleeplessness and blood pressure, and even those side effects were less severe. For the last 6 months I have been on a dose of 100 mg just 3 times per week. We moved to Canada and Zejula is not available here so I have been stretching out my supply. Throughout the 16 months , my CA125 has remained steady in the 7 - 8 range. I will soon be changing to changing to Lynparza which is available in Canada."

creeker (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer "I had very low platelets and I was unaware of that. Symptoms: gum bleeding, join paint, I was tired, some problems to sleep, high blood pressure. CA 125 went up, tumor grow, this medication did not worked on me. 3 pills every day at the same hour. I do not have nausea or vomit."

OVC 3rd Recurrence & Met (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer "I started with 300mg nightly. After 5 nightsI reduced it to1 00mg per night. Side affects were terrible. I basically could not function. Blood pressure high, then low. Dizzy and could not breathe without extreme difficulty. Blood work remained ok. Am off of it completely for one week and back to normal. Never want to feel that way again. Another blood work up tomorrow and to re-visit taking it again. I do NOT want to. Yes, worse than chemo."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer "I have been using zejula for three months already. Results are very good. Ca 125 test showed 101000 and now its 34000. The problem is blood results. Hemoglobin was 9.2 and doctor reduced zejula from 300 to 200. Now blood tests are good. When I started taking 200 my Ca125 started growing. A month ago my result was 250000. Side effects? The first week was terrible. Vomiting, tiredness ,couldnt eat and sleep. My heart also was beating . Right now I feel rather good.Sometimes have high blood preasure but it is possible to control."

Virginija (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer "This Drug has been a blessing for me , I have been on it now for 11 months with very little side effects, once my Doctors figured out the right dosage I have felt good, I take one pill every other day, my Ca125 has came down to a safe range so needless to say it is killing the cancer, today my ca125 is at 14"

Dawn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2018

For Peritoneal Cancer "Diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian cancer, which started as peritoneal, 2015. 17 months remission then cancer returned (peritoneal) A few months ago started Zejula. I had very, very mild side effects for about 3 weeks. Dull headaches, fatigue... but that was about it. I was very lucky my body took to it well. Stopped taking anti-nausea pills when side effects stopped. I’m rating this an 8 only because I haven’t been taking it long and don’t know if my cancer will return, therefore knowing if the Zejula will have prolonged remission. I was told before I started that if I did have problems they would drop down to 100mg until I got used to it then gradually up it to the 300mg. So there is that option, but so far so good."

Katie122 January 19, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer "This drug is killing me. I would take chemo over this drug in a heartbeat. It has caused me the worst weakness I have ever felt. I have been taking 300 mg daily for almost 3 months and already had a transfusion. The worst part is that my ca125 is slowly creeping up. Additionally, since the drug is so new, there is not a lot of information out there that I can relate to. I feel like this drug will kill me before the cancer does. It has taken my strength to the point that I can't enjoy the things I've always enjoyed in the past...even during all of my past chemos."

VCW22 December 13, 2017

For Ovarian Cancer "Had every side effect listed.."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017