User Reviews for Doxorubicin

Also known as: Adriamycin, Adriamycin PFS, Adriamycin RDF

Doxorubicin has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Doxorubicin reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Breast Cancer
Cancer
10.0
Lymphoma
Ovarian Cancer
Summary of Doxorubicin reviews 6.3 9 reviews

Crone · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

For Breast Cancer: “I let them give me this doxorubicin stuff exactly once. (I can't have steroids so there was nothing to buffer side effects.) I decided I'd rather die, quit chemo and never went back but that was 4 years ago and I'm still here at the moment. I did have radiation. One of the worst two weeks of my entire life..and wouldn't you know, one round was enough to make me bald and give me cognitive impairment that lasted months.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Breast Cancer: “I was cancer free but recommended as a preventative and it caused me more harm than any preventative. It has been 9 years and I feel like the walking dead. I only got back 1/3 of my hair, severe depression, my menstrual cycle stopped and never started back, it took all resilience out of my skin, nerve damage in my fingertips and feet, can't stand long periods at a time, kidneys function but not like normal, body swelling, no interest in socializing or dating (single). I stay too tired to have fun or enjoy life anymore.”

thania · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2018

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Lymphoma: “Very deadly it cause bleeding and all her organs were destroyed, kidney failed. She was on medication for high blood pressure, lung collapse she was only 19 years old.”

Anonymous August 14, 2010

For Ovarian Cancer: “I had four Doxil treatments several years ago and I am now just starting to have it again. It did great things for my ca125 number, but there were some bad side effects. Very large sores on my elbows (this time I am wearing elbow pads from the beginning). I had a rash on both legs from top to foot. The hot red hands and feet are better if you do not take hot baths or showers. Keep the water lukewarm or cool.”

periwinkle · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2013

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Breast Cancer: “I did not experience any side effects, but based on a clinical trial result, I walked at a brisk pace for an hour most days to avoid cardiotoxicity.”

Anonymous May 4, 2008

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Cancer: “it works”

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2018

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Breast Cancer: “Adriamycin made me really weak and I had to have blood transfusions. I had 4 doses. I'm coming up on 3 years cancer free so I think it worked well. I'm concerned about the long term side effects.”

hat_hat · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2013

Adriamycin (doxorubicin) for Lymphoma: “It will melt away your tumors quickly, however has quite the delayed effect for nausea and vomiting. Make sure your Oncologist gets you on some supportive meds!”

doxorubicin · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2013

For Cancer: “It will make you feel nasty, and you have to be careful with the cardiotoxicity, but it will do its job. And it will do it very well.”