User Reviews for Doxorubicin to treat Breast Cancer

Also known as: Adriamycin, Adriamycin PFS, Adriamycin RDF

Reviews for Doxorubicin

Crone · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

“I let them give me this doxorubicin stuff exactly once. (I can't have steroids so there was nothing to buffer side effects.) I decided I'd rather die, quit chemo and never went back but that was 4 years ago and I'm still here at the moment. I did have radiation. One of the worst two weeks of my entire life..and wouldn't you know, one round was enough to make me bald and give me cognitive impairment that lasted months.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

Adriamycin (doxorubicin): “I was cancer free but recommended as a preventative and it caused me more harm than any preventative. It has been 9 years and I feel like the walking dead. I only got back 1/3 of my hair, severe depression, my menstrual cycle stopped and never started back, it took all resilience out of my skin, nerve damage in my fingertips and feet, can't stand long periods at a time, kidneys function but not like normal, body swelling, no interest in socializing or dating (single). I stay too tired to have fun or enjoy life anymore.”

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2018

Adriamycin (doxorubicin): “Adriamycin made me really weak and I had to have blood transfusions. I had 4 doses. I'm coming up on 3 years cancer free so I think it worked well. I'm concerned about the long term side effects.”

periwinkle · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2013

Adriamycin (doxorubicin): “I did not experience any side effects, but based on a clinical trial result, I walked at a brisk pace for an hour most days to avoid cardiotoxicity.”

Learn more about Breast Cancer

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)