User Reviews for Multivitamin with minerals to treat Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency

Also known as: Centrum, PreserVision, Centrum Silver, Ocuvite, PreserVision AREDS 2, PreserVision AREDS, ICaps AREDS 2, Emergen-C, Hemax, Centrum Adults, Thera-M, ICaps AREDS, Centrum Silver Women's, Lipoflavovit, Certa-Vite, Flintstones Complete, SSS, One A Day Women's Complete, TheraLith XR, Airborne, Nicotinamide Dietary Supplement, Folgard, Centrum Fresh & Fruity Adult, Urinozinc Prostate Health Complex Plus, Strovite One, Prosteon, Flintstones Gummies, Eldertonic, Centrum Silver Ultra Women's, Ocuvite Adult 50+, Therems M, Centrum Silver Men's, ICaps with Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Cerovite Senior, Vitamin C plus Zinc, Nicomide, MaxFe, ProRenal QD, RenaPlex, Chelated Zinc, Airborne Kids Gummies, Bacmin, Vital-D, Centratex, Theragran-M, Century, Antioxid Caplets, Flintstones with Calcium, Caltrate Plus, Antioxidant Formula, Companion, Beelith, Ocuvite Lutein, Siderol, NicAzel, Caltrate 600+D Plus Minerals, Somnicin, Caltrate 600 Plus, AquADEKs, Macular Health, Cezin-S, Centamin, Solo, One A Day Men's Complete, Betamed, Rx Support Heartburn and Acid Reflux, Celebrate Multivitamin, Cerovite Advanced Formula, Centrum Chewables Adults, Emergen-C Cranberry-Pomegranate, Diavite Plus, ConceptionXR MSF, I-Vite, Calcium Magnesium Potassium, Dialyvite Supreme D, Vol-Plus, Hair Booster, Macular Vitamin Benefit, Actiflovit, Adeks, Sentry Senior, Centrum Cardio, RenaPlex-D, Certavite, Strovite Forte, Vitafol, Viactiv Soft Calcium Chews, NicAzel Forte, CertaVite with Antioxidants, Support, Protegra Softgel, Daily Multi-Vitamins with Minerals, Centravites Adults, MagneBind 400 Rx, CalciFol, Optisource Post Bariatric Surgery, Healthy Eyes with Lutein, Star Wars, Star Wars Hero Gummies, Abatron, Daily-Vite Weight Control, Bariatric Multivitamins with 45 mg Iron, Biotin Forte with Zinc, AquADEKs Pediatric, Healthy Eyes, Berocca Plus, Vitatrum, PureVit DualFe Plus, Daily Multi, Support 500, Chromium Picolinate with Calcium, Centravites 50 Plus, V-C Forte, AKEDamins, Multi-Vite, Eldercaps, Corvita 150, Caromega, Advanced Eye Health, Airborne Dual Action, Circavite T, Airborne Everyday, Airborne Everyday Gummies, Airborne Gummies, Airborne Plus Energy, Berplex Plus, Strovite Plus, Becomax Rx, Calcium 600+D Plus Minerals, Se-Tan Plus, Fosfree, StressTabs with Zinc, Alka-Seltzer Plus Immunity Complex, SourceCF Softgels, SourceCF Chewables, Recal D, ChoiceFul, SourceCF Pediatric Drops, CalMag Thins, Zinc Plus Lozenges, Centrum Flavor Burst, Advanced AM/PM, Centrum Special Immune, Gevrabon, Sesame St Vitamins Complete, Dialyvite 5000, Macular Health Formula, Central-Vite, Tab-A-Vite + Iron, Celebrate Calcium Plus 500, One-A-Day Within, One-A-Day Men Pro Edge, One-A-Day Vitacraves, Certagen, Central, B-Plex Plus Minerals, Apetigen-Plus, Multigenics, Optivite PMT, Celebrate MCR18, Bugs Bunny Complete, ICaps Plus, Risanoid Plus, ABC to Z, Bladder 2.2, Centrum Special Energy, Centrum Special Heart, One Daily with Minerals, Companion Multi, Urinozinc Prostate Health Complex Classic, One-A-Day Max, ConceptionXR RHF, Prosight, Essentia, Complete Formulation Minis, Century-Vite, PreserVision AREDS Lutein, One-A-Day Women, Womens Pack, Caltrate 600+D Plus Minerals Minis, Calcet Plus, Gerivite Liquid, Lysiplex Plus, Generix-T, NanoVM 1-3 years, Certagen Senior, NanoVM 4-8 years, Decagen, Geri-Tonic, Avail Calcium Intensive, Multilex, Centrum Silver Plus Vision, Cerovite Liquid, Optifast Post Bariatric, Req49+, Multi-Day with Calcium and Extra Iron, Supervite, Dolomite, Supervite EC, Thyrosol, Mens Pack, Magonate Tablets, Citracal Plus Bone Density Builder, Therapeutic-M, T-Lite, Gevratonic, Gold Age Liquid Vitamins and Minerals, Theratrum Complete 50 Plus, Garfield Complete Vitamins, Z-Bec, Daily Multiple for Men 50+, Complete Formulation Chewables D3000, Daily Multiple for Women, Complete Formulation Pediatric Drops, Ventrixyl Fe, Daily Multiple for Women 50+, Complete Formulation Softgels D3000, Vitramyn, Complete Formulation Softgels D5000, Multilex-T/M+Minerals, Eye Health Formula, TheraCal D2000, TheraCal D4000, TheraCal Rapid Repletion, High Potency Multivitamin, Gynovite, PMS Balance, Procycle Multi Vitamin with Minerals, Dialyvite 800 Ultra D, Leg-Gesic, Stress Formula with Zinc, Spectravite Cardio Health, Renatabs with Iron, Complete Formulation Chewables, CertaVite with Lutein, T-Gran plus Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc, Century Senior, Cerovite Junior, Bee-Zee, Compete, Formula Twenty-One, I-Fol Plus, ABDEK, Foli-Iron, ABDEK Pediatric, Complete Formulation, Unicomplex M, Complete Formulation D3000, Complete Formulation D5000, Apatate Forte, Corvita, Prosight with Lutein, SourceCF ABDEK, L'il Critters Gummy Vites, Daily Combo, Vitamax, Corvite Free, Corvite 150, Centrum Specialist Vision, Henatal, Geritol Complete, Geritol Extend, Theratrum Complete 50 Plus with Lutein and Lycopene, Theravim M, Theratrum Complete with Lutein and Lycopene, Complete Formulation Softgels, elppa Daily, Glutofac-ZX, ICaps with Lutein and Zeaxan, Citracal Plus Magnesium, Hemocyte Plus, MaxiVision Eye & Body Formula, Conception XR, Certagen Senior with Lutein, MaxiVision Eye Formula, DermaNIC, MaxiVision Ocular Formula, DermaVite, Glutofac-MX, MaxiVision Whole Body Formula, Nature's Bounty Men's Hair Formula, Embrex 600, Nicadan, Formula B Plus, Hematinic Plus, ProCerv HP, M-Vit, NanoVM Adult, Renax, NanoVM Senior 71+, Centrum Performance, Ocuvite Extra, Ocuvite PreserVision, Centavite, Strovite Advance, I-Sense OccuShield, DEKAs Bariatric, Occuplex, Folgard OS Dialyvite with Zinc Rx Dialyvite 800 with Zinc CF Vite Resource Optisource High Potency Astamed MYO DEKAs Plus Dialyvite 3000 Nicaprin Udamin SP Femtabs Diatx Zn Complete A-Z Thera-Vite M Ellis Tonic Sherry O-CAL FA ICaps MV Men's Hair Formula Viactiv Multi-Vitamin Nature's Blend Theratrum Complete Tablets 50 Plus Ocuvite Eye + Multi Os-Cal Ultra Encora Disney Winnie the Pooh Complete Nutricap Disney Winnie the Pooh with Extra C Nutrivit Star Wars Villain Gummies Disney Winnie the Pooh Gummies Star Wars Yoda Gummies Mag-SR with Calcium Stress with Zinc Folpace Rx Calafol Rx Corvite Multi-Day Plus Minerals CertaVite Senior ABC Plus Senior Certa-Vite Senior Plus Lutein I-Vite Protect CalciFolic-D One-A-Day WeightSmart Ferrocite Plus ProRenal Vital Centrum Kids Ecee Plus MCR18 Folbee Plus CZ Spectravite Senior Antioxidant Ultra Formula Centrum Ultra Men's Clusimar Centrum Silver Ultra Men's elon Matrix 5000 Complete Centrum Ultra Women's One-A-Day Women 50 Plus One-A-Day Men 50 Plus Centrum Jr with Extra Calcium ICaps Lutein & Omega-3 Folite Centrum MultiGummies Women Centrum Vitamints Eye Multivitamin HylaZinc …show all brand names

Multivitamin with minerals has an average rating of 3.4 out of 10 from a total of 69 ratings for the treatment of Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency. 23% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 68% reported a negative effect.

Multivitamin with minerals Rating Summary

3.4/10 average rating

Compare all 305 medications used in the treatment of Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency.

Reviews for Multivitamin with minerals

Blossom · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I was advised by my Retina Specialist to start taking AREDS 2 last month. I have been taking two per day of the mini gels for six weeks. I have never experienced such severe constipation. I've also had sudden onset of nausea. I discussed with my doctor today at my post op visit. He was unaware of there being anything in the AREDS 2 vitamin that would cause this, but was very understanding of the fact that everyone's reaction could be different. Since it doesn't agree with me, he suggest I stop taking. Now that I've found and read these reviews I feel confident that PreverVision AREDS 2 has caused the problems I'm having and I'm not alone as to the problems they cause.”

SSSNAKE · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I was prescribed this for my eye condition. I purchased two bottles - 140 count soft gels, preservison. After taking one of the pill I became very nauseous, sharp stomach pains, high temperature, sharp pains in my joints, even my ankles. Now I cannot get in touch with bausch and Lomb to inform then if my problem with their product. This is a very dangerous drug and the FDA should step in and check on them.”

Hehe · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “My ophthalmologist recommended that I take these vitamins to slow down any potential worsening of my macular degeneration, in the future. I had been taking Ocuvite 50+ but he said that there had been some studies for the Areds and that he felt I should switch. I immediately noticed that they made me nauseous even though I was only taking one pill but found that the nausea was less severe if I took the pill with a meal. After a few weeks, (at the age of 75) I also started getting frequent hot flashes and night sweats, something I had never had before. I am also having severe stomach cramps. I think that I shall stop this pill for a few weeks and then try again.”

MO October 19, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Am I the only person experiencing sciatica when taking Areds 2 ? Have tried it twice, replaced it with Vitalux advanced twice and had severe sciatica each time. And each time it took three to four days to recede after stopping taking them. Doctor totally unreceptive : he's never heard that before. My experience doesn't count... The first time I had that problem, I didn't link it to Areds 2. I did have a problem sleeping and also had to get up to go to the bathroom three, even four times a night. These problems disappeared when I stopped taking Areds 2. I have macular degeneration and am looking for a substitute that will help, without the side effects.”

loubou · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 30, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I was diagnosed with the beginning of macular degeneration by my optometrist and prescribed Areds 2 about 1 year ago. I started taking them and soon had stomach problems, constipation, cramps, and very black stools. I did not at the time realize what was causing these problems as I have a hiatal hernia, had reflux, and indigestion for many years. I stopped taking them for about 3 months while I was adding other medications to my daily routine. I started again on Areds 2 about 3 weeks ago and lately, I often have very dark (black) stools and very bad cramps. I also noticed that my eyesight is blurry and my eyes get very tired. After reading all the reviews, I will stop taking these right now. It's awful all the side effects this is causing. It should be taken off the market.”

GR July 13, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “My experience with Preservision AREDS2 is negative. I have taken it for about one year and had assumed that my nausea and fatigue were due to other health issues. Now I realize that it must be the AREDS2 that it causing it. 20 minutes after going to bed the nauseous feelings start and even so I mostly to not have to throw up it feels like it. No more of those pills for me.”

Trailblazer · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I started taking the recommended dosage of PreserVioion AREDS 2 on a Wednesday afternoon for macular degeneration. The following I took the morning recommended dosage, followed by the PM dosage. The next day I took the AM dosage. Later this morning I felt nauseated and took a break from work. An hour later I suffered from projectile-vomiting. Starting taking the AREDS 2 again and within 2 days, felt nauseated and projectile-vomiting. Stopped taking AREDS 2 and feel much better.”

Gracie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 18, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “My ophthalmologists recommended I take AREDs 2 for macular degeneration. I have taken the vitamin in the middle of a meal, after a meal & an hour after eating. I always end up with an upset stomach & at times vomiting, but always nauseated. I suffered through taking this vitamin for close to a year. However, I will not take another one. The ones I have are going into the trash. Plus, I haven’t been able to tell that they do any good & they are expensive.”

Disappointed with results · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Have a cast iron stomach so no problems there although I did cut out my other zinc supplement just in case. I find I have to take it in the morning because it makes me hyper - any later and I can't sleep. I have found I'm more tired, vision is blurry, more floaters, and very VERY dry eyes - to the point that I can't support my contacts (that I have worn for 40 years with no problems). The PreserVision is the only brand that does this, the one I used previously (I forget the brand) was fine. It's only Vit C & E and some zinc and lutein so I don't understand why PreserVision is so much worse than another. Disappointed and won't take anymore.”

Cmb March 31, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Horrible nausea and severe vomiting with sweating and passing out feeling. Could not figure out why then I realized it could be the Areds 2 that I was taking, I stopped taking it and nausea and vomiting and dizziness gone. Never again”

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2021

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Eye doctor told my 83 yr old mom to take 2 PreserVision AREDS 2 a day. Took 1 in the morning and 1 at night time .Woke up throwing up and hot vapors and hot flashes. Called ambulance, thinking she was having a stroke. Paramedics took her vitals. Her blood pressure had skyrocketed. They lowered BP with her meds and nausea and dizziness persisted for few more hours. Only new med she had taken was this Aerds2. We read the side effects and sure enough she had all of them. Very scary - she will not be taking them again.”

BabsWinPA January 9, 2016

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I am on this for dry macular degeneration. Was unaware of any side effects of this supplement until I just looked at the listed ones online! I started taking gels once a day for about a week, had hive like symptoms on arms, legs; my lip swelled up, and I SHOULD have looked sooner at list of possible side effects. I stopped taking them, and all symptoms went away! Now I'm afraid to take any AREDS 2 that my Dr. recommended for fear of similar side effects! She suggested Occuvite and another brand I couldn't find, told me specifically AREDS 2 formulas. Will have to rethink this whole idea now!”

cb · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I started taking PreserVision Areds 2 about last March when I had my eye appointment. I have been nauseated most of the time since then. I could not figure out what was making me nauseous until I read other reviews. I quit taking it and now no more nausea.”

Mish October 24, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “My old aunt swore by the recommended PreserVision after a year ago of Cataract surgery. Great improvement in her experience. I did not have the same experience. After two days of 4 tablets I experienced an awful headache behind my right eye. I never get headaches, but I am 55 and thought, hmmm, it couldn’t hurt to take them. Then after a couple weeks of on and off right eye headaches, it dawned on me, perhaps it was the new supplement. I stopped taking them to see, and sure enough, no more headaches. Everyone seems to have different reactions.Good luck!”

Sleepy October 11, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I have tried 3 times to take PreserVision Areds 2 and when I do I cannot sleep more than 3 hours and sometimes less. When I took it as instructed: one with breakfast and one with lunch I slept 2 hours and was absolutely hyper all night. I have not read of anyone else having this problem? Any help appreciated.”

John T · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Right from the first dose of Preservision areds 2 I became violently stomach sick to the point of vomiting. Full stomach. Tried a few days later. Lather, rinse, repeat. Within 20 minutes feel acute nausea and the story ends the same. Horrible experience. Tried a THIRD time... like clockwork... bad ending.”

Nanc · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2018

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Very negative experience while taking this drug. I made the decision to only take 1 pill a day to start. From the start I had nausea, each day the nausea grow worse. After about 3 days I started having hot flashes, mostly occurring at night. I still felt I needed to give the medication a chance, for my body to adjust. After about 2 weeks nausea was less. I then decided to start taking the recommended dose of 1 in the morning n 1 at night. I was unable to tolerate the increase, more nausea accompanied with heartburn. After 5 days I went back to 1 pill a day. I really did not feel well since I started taking this medication. Waves of nausea, lethargic, constipated, tried to convince myself that I would eventually adjust to the medication. Anyway the final straw, after being on the medication was the itchy red rash that started on my arms. Spread up and down both arms, my mouth and tongue had a burning sensation. Stopped medication. After 3 days rash has improved.”

Cee Bee October 15, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Eye dr. suggested taking 2x/day with meals, saying I had start of Macular Degeneration. At first, I didn't associate the reflux, stomach upset, blurred vision, difficulty focusing vision, increased eye fatigue that I was experiencing. I decreased to 1x/day. Not much better. I skipped a day or two and didn't experience the increased blurred vision upset & reflux. BTW - on a recent blood test, they erroneously tested Vit E - which is in PreserVision AREDS 2 - result was off the chart way beyond max. range. I questioned eye dr. if level is too high; he had no comment on it. I've read doses greater than 400 units/day can cause blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, unusual tiredness or weakness. Excess Vit E supplements can cause an increase risk of bleeding in the brain (hemorrhagic stroke) -- A waste of good money, I think.”

Momoftwobwz · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I took my first one this morning. Within a half an hour I started to feel sluggish and have stomach cramps. Within an hour I was vomiting. Awful!!! I have never been allergic to any medication or had a reaction like this. I only saw that others have had this problem when I came to this site. I can’t leave the bathroom. The rest of the container is going in the trash immediately.”

Big Dog · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “After taking this drug PreserVision AREDS 2 ( 1 pill a day) for 4 months my eye sight has has become very blurred, more floaters, My energy level has greatly decreased. I have made the decision to stop taking the drug,”

Shel · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I too have had waves of nausea after taking Areds2. I was told to take 2 a day, never!,I’ve taken them after food, with food. The nausea comes and goes for hours after taking these - UGH. I told my Doctor and all he said was “Eat broccoli “..He gave me no indication that any other patients experienced this..”

Pangara · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 30, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Have tried these PreserVision with and without food. Tried in the morning then thought (because no way could I take a 2 a day) I would change up and try taking them at night hoping I'd sleep through the side effects. Didn't work. Horrible nausea and reflux. Hot flashes and sweats. I also tried taking them for over a month dealing with these side effects hoping that once my body got use to the supplement the side effects would stop or at least lessen. I take for macular degeneration and I just can't do it anymore.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2018

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Was told to take 2 a day. I have to admit I was not loyal to doing it, but when taking it I noticed I was having stomach cramps/reflux/and always felt like pill had not dissolved. Today was the end, about 2 hours after taking it the stomach cramps, bloating/gas/reflux started. I will not take it anymore and I had just bought a new bottle. It is an expensive way to feel nauseous..,no more Areds 2 for me...”

jj · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 2, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “I have been taking PreserVision AREDS 2 for over 2 years,I first started out with dry macula degeneration, then it changed to wet macula degeneration, I get shots in my eyes every 3 months now. PreserVision AREDS 2 has not helped, it has gotten worse, plus I have had a lot of side effects nausea heartburn, fatigue, plus many others to many to mention I didn't know it could cause all these things.”

Veritas · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2020

PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals): “Same experience as « BabwinPa ». I took 2x day AREDS2 as suggested by my ophtalmologist. One week later I started nose bleed, has major intestinal cramps. I found out here after the fact that I was not the only one. I trashed them .”