User Reviews for Folic acid

Also known as: Folvite, Folacin-800, FaLessa, FA-8

Folic acid has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 40% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Folic Acid Deficiency
5.3
Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency
5.5
Summary of Folic acid reviews 5.4 6 reviews

RjoyD · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2017

For Folic Acid Deficiency: “I have some genetic defects pertaining to folate and I read people have had some success with methyfolate so I thought it might help with some of my issues (Depression/anxiety/ADD-PI ). I tried it as a individual vitamin and it made my brain fog worse, and I developed a feeling of being somewhere between tired/fatigued and agitated. I tried lowering the dose but it didn't help. However, for some reason, I have no issues with it intertwined with other vitamins/minerals in a whole food multivitamin....it seems very strange to me, but whatever works.”

Seeker28 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2017

For Folic Acid Deficiency: “Over the counter folic acid can sometimes make depression, related to common folate abnormalities, worse!! Or do nothing at all. Usually, Deplin or another prescription folate is required. ---Insurance companies still won't pay for the prescription versions, saying that over the counter is basically the same!?----It is not. This needs to change!! The non-prescription folic acid CAN be helpful for pregnant women. ---It is useless for my condition as my body can't convert it into what I need.”

Medi · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2020

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: “I started taking Folic Acid 400mcg in the morning as prescribed by the gynecologist for Before pregnancy. After 2 days I stopped as it gave me insomnia and agitation, followed by anxiety, tiredness and irritability because of not sleeping. It's 2 days that I've stopped and my sleep is still not back to normal. Very bad experience and totally unexpected... also rather uncommon, according to what I see on the internet.”

Cf February 27, 2021

For Folic Acid Deficiency: “I’m taking folic acid for over 5 years. I realize I have problem sometimes falling asleep, woke up on the middle of the morning can’t go back to sleep. It doesn’t help me at all. After doing my research on it I realize I have to stop taking it for my health.”

Yellow girl January 19, 2020

For Folic Acid Deficiency: “I take this med what it does to me is I have trouble sleeping at night I have restless nights”

the giraffe · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2016

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: “I almost died, but now I take folic acid to grow my hair”