User Reviews for Folic acid

Also known as: FA-8, FaLessa, Folacin-800, Folvite

Reviews for Folic acid to treat Folic Acid Deficiency

"Over the counter folic acid can sometimes make depression, related to common folate abnormalities, worse!! Or do nothing at all. Usually, Deplin or another prescription folate is required. ---Insurance companies still won't pay for the prescription versions, saying that over the counter is basically the same!?----It is not. This needs to change!! The non-prescription folic acid CAN be helpful for pregnant women. ---It is useless for my condition as my body can't convert it into what I need."

Seeker28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

"I have some genetic defects pertaining to folate and I read people have had some success with methyfolate so I thought it might help with some of my issues (Depression/anxiety/ADD-PI ). I tried it as a individual vitamin and it made my brain fog worse, and I developed a feeling of being somewhere between tired/fatigued and agitated. I tried lowering the dose but it didn't help. However, for some reason, I have no issues with it intertwined with other vitamins/minerals in a whole food seems very strange to me, but whatever works."

RjoyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017