User Reviews for Ergocalciferol

Also known as: Calcidol, Calciferol, Drisdol, Vitamin D2

Learn more about Ergocalciferol.

Vitamin D Deficiency 12 reviews 29 medications

7.4
Summary of Ergocalciferol reviews 12 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Ergocalciferol

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I have seen a lot of bad reviews for this pill.. And I've only just started taking it.. Taking my first one last night.. But so far, I have zero aches and pains in my joints and bones. It had gotten so bad that I couldn't sleep at night or sit or lie down without being in severe pain. I don't feel a ton of energy as some people have stated but it's only been one day.. I haven't had any side effects and I overall feel much better. I'm looking forward to the next six weeks to finally feel normal again. :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "This D2 saved my life; I was having so many problems with my digestive issues, acids, bloating, constipation, IBS, nausea and pass-out feelings, fatigue-anemia symptoms, etc.. and now everything is gone. At first I was worried about 50,000iu pill for being too strong, but please trust me, the first 24hrs of the very first pill was the best day of my life in 4 years; it was a good decision to take this pill and I recommend everyone to go for it. I am not an expert, but definitely there is a very good reason why our doctors prescribing D2 instead of over the counter D3 supplements, and I am enjoying it and thanking my doctor in my prayer every night."

Jonathan M March 23, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was put on this medication for extremely low levels of vitamin D. I was put on 50,000 units once a week. About 6/7 hours after taking it, I ended up in the ER that night feeling like my throat was closing up and couldn't breathe or swallow. I was also dizzy and confused any days afterwards."

MomQ65 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I am 62, recovering from 2 heart attacks, sepsis from a 4 inch liver abcess, acute diverticulitis, type 2 diabetes, severe arthritis and moderate to severe stenosis from spinal injuries to my neck and lumbar. I also tend to depression. I teach AP English at a nationally ranked high school. I love my work and don't want to retire, even when I feel bad, even though the work load is intense. When I could no longer keep up then, my PCP drew enough blood to animate Frankenstein's monster and prescribed 50,000 IU of D2. Within 24 hrs of first dose I had my best day in many months, then another and another. No side effects (not even migraines that I have suffered since age 14). Who knew vitamin D made so much a difference?"

DrJade (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I'm hoping for the best .. I have been terribly sick for years & just took my first dose of weekly d2 50,000 units.. Lately my sickness was getting unbearable.. Felt sick & weak constantly. My hair falling out my skin is awful . I had no idea I had low vitamin D . Until pcp did lab work.. Fingers crossed I get better"

-Chris (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "After a routine blood test for a physical it was discovered that I had a vitamin D deficiency. My Dr recommended ergocalciferol 50,000 IU capsules once a week for 12 weeks. Around 6 hours after I took that first dose I woke up confused and weak, it was the worse day of my life. My personality changed completely, I thought I was going crazy. I cried, I was screaming, I couldn't even stand up from my bed. At some point I passed out for a short period and when I finally opened my eyes everything was spinning. My husband rushed me to the hospital, and after a few tests and a CT scan it was determined that I had a really bad adverse reaction to the vitamin D. They gave me fluids and I guess that's what helped me to recover."

tha1ra (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "Was prescribed 50000 iu of Drisdol once a week for 12 weeks. I was reluctant to take it since OTC Vitamin D3 triggers migraines. My doctor assured me that, since Drisdol was Vitamin D2 NOT D3 it wouldn't cause headaches. Boy was he WRONG. With 24 hours after taking the first capsule I had a severe migraine that none of my usual meds even made a dent it. I ended suffering up in bed for three days. Oh, did I mention the horrible knee pain that came along with the migraine?? I guess I was lucky that I had to stay in bed since my legs hurt too bad to walk. Needless to say,I stopped the Drisdol. I'm sure my doctor won't be happy with my decision but if he had the reaction to Drisdol that I had I'm sure he would stop taking it too."

grumpymama59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was feeling sleepy all the time and just didn't want to do anything at all. I went to my doctor and had my blood work done to find out my vitamin D was very low. She put me on Ergocalciferol vitamin D. My hair has stop falling out I stay on the go now and back to my old self. Thanks for blood work that tells the truth!"

Lady V April 4, 2012

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "Leg/foot cramps stopped - hair stopped falling out - joint (knee) pain considerably better - more energy. I had no idea I was deficient since I live in Southern Arizona and am in the sun a LOT - plus I was taking 2,000IU of a good (Carlson) supplement. I highly recommend this product"

Anonymous October 10, 2010

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I have had major surgery for osteochondrites dessicans when I was a young adult, and recently have begun to experience chronic Pain (bad) difficulty bending my Knee, and was prescribed 50,000 units once a week for 8 weeks, by my PCP not the orthopedic surgeon, and I am shocked my pain has dropped to almost non existent, knee bends fine."

crushing knee pain October 28, 2009

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "After years of chronic pain and depression that responded to nothing I finally asked for a Vitamin D blood test. BINGO. Low normal is 40 - I was a 4. After 8 weeks of once a week doses of 50,000 units, and a daily dose of 2000 units, I am feeling better than I have in years! I live in AZ - low D can happen anywhere!"

D-is-key October 18, 2009

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I had no idea my symptoms were from a Vitamin D deficiency. It's certainly not a quick fix but after a couple of months on this supplement, my symptoms are vanishing and my hair and skin are much much healthier. I'm thankful to my rheumatologist, who suggested the test and medication."

angiehedberg December 22, 2008

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate