User Reviews for Embeda

Pain 6.8
Chronic Pain 4.5

Reviews for Embeda

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 20, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Why is it we finally got a drug, Embeda, that help my husband, and it is pulled off the market. We can't even get one that is close to this. Please bring it back”

Mouse21 September 21, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “This stuff doesn’t work. So much so that I was able to just stop taking it with no withdrawal illness.”

na · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I wrote an honest opinion from a man that broke his lower back and has a bridge from l-3-l5s1 and c-2-7 ruptured. All I can say is that the Pain Management going on in USA is terrible. I wish all of the doctors would get to experience my pain on this horrible med Emeda so they could understand how their patients suffer in pain”

LivinNpain2004 · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I don’t know how this dangerous combination ever got approved! I was taking one every 12 hours. It was fine at first but a couple weeks later I started feeling awful, like it was flu coming and going, then fast heart rate and chest pain so bad thought it was a heart attack so went to ER. It was the effects of on-and-off withdrawal from naltrexone aka narcan... going through withdrawal symptoms twice a day for weeks takes a toll on you! It was an expensive trip to the hospital too. I always take medicine as directed, and yes, I swallowed it whole but I still absorbed the narcan. I don’t know how they convinced the FDA to believe a body won’t absorb every ingredient of a drug ingested. It’s normal biology. They should pull it off the market again! There’s a weight loss drug that advertises on TV, it has naltrexone and they warn not to take it if you take opioids... so why in the world do they put it in with an opioid?!?! It’s just stupid and dangerous!!”

WeMustAllBeJunkies September 9, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “Embeda along with another similar drug Targin (Oxycodone/Naloxone) that are starting to be prescribed like crazy in this “Era of Junkies”, are almost worthless .I say almost because they are decent at controlling off label opiate induced constipation. If at all possible just avoid this drug. Do NOT let you Dr prescribe it to you because once they do, your stuck with it. Do NOT take the 9-10 reviews seriously as most likely they are drug reps or paid companies. (Just look for zero side effects, and the words “perfect”,”best” etc. ). No drug that is made to help cancer and chronic pain patients should even have the CHANCE to induced life threatening withdrawal! The naloxone WILL effect system of opiate tolerant users. Those that don’t understand, all those headaches and anxiety, pains and restlessness are due to you taking a drug with another drug in it that completely blocks it’s effectiveness. I pray for the future of chronic pain and cancer sufferers. Also it’s crazy expensive”

Speck · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “The embeda seemed to help my pain but has cause me to have horrible stomach problems. Bloating, gas, belching, stomach distention. I hope this goes away. Not taking this ever again!!”

Jasmin · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “My pain doctor prescribed the embeda and it was truly horrible. I still had chronic pain and on top of that I sweat profusely. Like I just got of shower. Also had depression. Told physician and she put me back on what I was taking in the first place. Now, I am much better and can enjoy and live life!”

Tammy April 13, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “Started taking Embeda 20mg 4 days ago. Doctor switched me from Norco since she didn't want to increase my dosage and it was starting to become less effective. Was told to take 1 Embeda every 12 hours. Wasn't sure how it would make me feel so waited until bedtime, this was the first time I have not woken up during the night because the medicine had worn off. In fact, it even lasted longer than the 12 hours. I did have a headache on the second day, but it was the only one I've had so might not have been related. Only drawback that I have is excessive sweating. I am always hot and sweating with any sort of activity. It does take a little while before the pain relief is felt so you might want to figure out where yours wears off and take the next one before then. I am able to get about 15 hours from 1 dose. I am so happy to have finally found something that has allowed me to sleep through the night again.”

shortsusie_1999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I was hesitant about being so direct until I saw nonstopains comment about this medicine needing to be pulled off the market. I SAY GET IT OFF MARKET NOW!! I think this drug is dangerous. Not enough study was done to put proper warnings on it. I have a stomach condition that causes me to digest food very slowly, there are no warnings for embeda that this may cause problems! I lost over 20lbs in less than 6 weeks, I was so nauseous could not even look at food! My doctor said either embeda or nothing so I stuck it out for a few months and finally I had lost so much weight and was so very sick all the time the only way I can think to describe it is I would opt for the terrible pain I have over how I feel when on embeda. DON'T TAKE EMBEDA!!”

Nonstoppain October 10, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “This drug is horrible!!! Causes severe headaches! Sweating so severe clothes are soaked. Take a shower and you are drier in the water than clothed and sweating using this dangerous drug. It needs to be pulled from the market and I will do my best to see it happen. I have been on 24/7 pain management for 17 years this is by far the worst drug on the market.”

Flamingo 55 September 13, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “Went in Pain management four years ago, for one bulging disc in my neck and three in my lower back. I'm on Norco 10/325 ×4 for pain. I have Psoriasis, eczema, contact dermititis, psoriatic arthritis, COPD, chronic bronchitis, onset emphysema on oxygen, Bi-Pap I developed Nerve Ending Pain in my neck and upper arm. The Dr. prescribed me Embeda 20mg/0.8mg in the morning I felt good for about 2 hrs. then I fell asleep for 5 hrs this was on the 1st of September. I did use it for 2 day, I stopped for several reasons. Sleeping to much, itching peeling skin, constipated, agitated, no relief from Nerve Pain, Adult disabled daughter, I have to care for. Just doesn't seem practical, I'll wait till tomorrow for NET lungs may fill up. I still don't feel right.”

Sugrbear September 10, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I have chronic pain for several years and was on three 5mg oxycodone per day for several months. My doctor changed me to Embeda 20mg twice a day. In the beginning I felt nothing. After about 3 days I started to feel better. It works good for chronic pain but I still have a lot of break through pain and it does not help with that. Now my pain management closed immediately and I have to get a new doctor. I really hope my new doctor is as caring as my previous doctor. One problem was this medication is expensive and it took some time to get a prior authorization and I was without medication for a week due to the back and forth between my doctor and my insurance”

help me now · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I switched from ER morphine 30 mg sulfate to embeda 20 mg ,there are some major problems with this medication ! Recalls are still needed as the first time I took one minimal relief with quick ending ,the next one put me to sleep after I just slept 12 hours from the first one , the next one zero relief ,can't go through life like this ! The FDA needs to take a serious look at this !”

Major Pain · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “zero relief and headaches due to blood pressure and heart rate going up”

Bobs uncles mother · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I have had chronic back pain for 5 years. After failed surgeries and injections, (and after years of oxycodone) my doc put me on EMBEDA. I take it exactly how it is prescribed. After a month I have had so many negative side effects. I get severe headaches, stabbing stomach aches and have been almost zombie like. As far as the pain goes it does treat pain fairly well. However sometimes the EMBEDA can not touch the nerve pain. I personally would prefer my previous medication, because the side effects of EMBEDA just make me feel worse.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I only took this medication 3 days because of the awful side effects I endured. The feeling of nervousness, unclear thinking. It was if I were stuck in my body and my heart racing which made me feel as if I could not breath. I also broke out in a cold sweat and felt cold. During this same time I started having tingling sensations in my right arm into my fingers. I did not associate this with the medication until I read other reviews. I had many of the side effects listed. The medication seemed to help with my pain some but because of the horrible feelings it wasn't a positive medication for me. I even took it again thinking maybe I was overreacting or in my head.”

KyF · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “The first day I took Embeda, I had no relief and was badly in pain. But the second day, I woke up and felt great. It has really helped my pain. I've been taking IR meds most of my life, leaving me waking up in the middle of the night in huge pain - since Embeda that's gone away! I feel good, lot less pain, and am very impressed! Only downside - constipation and face redness. Otherwise it's great! And I'm only taking 40mgs with 4 Norco for rescue meds”

Bygrac April 25, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “Has caused extreme depression with me.”

lighthunter December 31, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “I've got chronic pain - Usually not able to move upon waking ~ I've been on Opioids for several decades starting in '80's / Tylenol 4 / my R jaw at Condyle - TMJ WAS GONE - I'm now on my 3rd prosthesis placed July 2015 - My Neck / Crevical Spine from 3- 5/6 Bulged with 5 sitting on Nerve Root - Mid Spine was Broke & Healed & I've got damages Lumbar Spine & Nerves Both Lumbar & Cervical ~ I was on numerous Strengths of Hydrocodone then Combo Hydrocodone & Demerol 100 for break thru for over decade / Increased to percocet 10/325 for about 5 yrs and up'ed To oxycodone 20mg 4 times day ~ Embed 60/2.4/ 2 x's day 4 months Seems to work now w narco 7.5 as needed for Increased pain - Nice to be able to move without pain - Still kinked up/ No pain!”

Gabrielle Egan · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “I have been on Embeda for just 1 month, and at first it was rough constantly hurting and withdrawals, extremely tired, headaches. Now I guess things are starting to level off but the headaches persist but my pain is finally under control with the Embeda 30-1.2 once a day and percocet 10mgs 3 times day for break through pain. I have degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis in both knees, fibromyalgia, Lupus, I'm hoping I can soon get my life back. I'm grateful for the not high feeling and the most important thing is I'm not constantly not pain anymore so my depression is getting better and I don't have to use the percocet as much. Now if the headaches leave and the over tired feeling would leave I will 100 percent.”

James102211 October 20, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “A life saver.”

Viperguy September 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “I had been on Avinza then insurance change it to generic the about 8 months ago the option was Embeda. Wow what a change took 2 months to adjust now the pain level is tolerable just wack out of my head, no energy just don't want to do anything but lay around. The main problem is interaction its just no compatible with alot of medications including toradol, allergy medication. I would normally take some 10-325 hydrocodones but the combination is terrible, and where I live smoking weed is legal and it interact's which tell me this product needs to go it the worst med's I have had. I getting off it for good its not a good medication and long term I hate to think what its doing to me.”

Stays in Pain · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “"I have been taking this medicine for only a few days now and have noticed some things that have me very concerned because it was given for pain but I have been experiencing major side effects. The first thing that started was headaches then depression , nausea , stomach aches,feeling of swelling of my legs, feet, ankles, hands and it feels like I'm retaining fluid all over my body,I didn't have these side effects when I was taking Morphine without the extra ingredient like the Ebedea has and now am worried that I am going to be in sever pain as this medication does very little for my pain.”

Dick Dick September 14, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “Physician changed rx from oxy 10 to embeda 30. This is an effort to reduce CH along with migraines. I feel little results after2 months”

bkpainmn September 8, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “This med has worked a lot better than the 10mg Percocet 4 x daily that I was on before. I take 10mg Percocet cut in half twice daily with the Embeda, it helps while the med has a slow uptake. The first week or so, I was a little bit dizzy and tired. That went away and I have no complaints. The meds work. The Narcan in the pills doesn't bother me or effect the way the meds work for me. I have had bad back problems for 25 years. My S Spine and my L Spine are separated on the right side 4mm and the L spine is pushed forward 2mm. I have had chronic pain half of my life due to this injury. This medicine really helps.”