User Reviews for Solodyn

Learn more about Solodyn.

Rosacea 3 reviews 101 medications

Acne 69 reviews 523 medications

7.2
Summary of Solodyn reviews 72 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Solodyn

For Acne "I was put on Solodyn on Thursday ..And given a tazarac cream and face wipe . I use the wipe in every morning . I use the tazorac cream at night with a neutrogena moisturizer and I mix it and rub it on my face . I do this at night . I first wash my face tho than apply medicine and moisturizer. ... Today is now Sunday and I noticed my face has made ally of improvement . I statedwhat I had been instructed . If seems like I'm doing it correctly because my face is much more clear. However it's been 4 days and I noticed feelings a bit strange . I have a headache . I'm not at good at having headaches . I'm wondering if my headaches are link to this meds .... I haven't noticed anything else besides headaches"

Angel1115 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Acne "I have had on and off acne for about 8 years. During August-October 2015 my skin was breaking out into big painful cystic pimples. They were mostly on my chin but some on my forehead as well. I was prescribed Solodyn 80mg in October and by January I had absolutely no pimples on my face. It gave me some side effects such as headaches and light dizziness. I also felt slight nauseous, but nothing too serious. It really cleared up my skin. This is the first oral product that has cleared my skin up in 8 years and I have tried pills such as dococyline (did not work). I swear by this pill. I stopped taking it in February because my skin was great. But now I am going on them in generic form because my acne began to come back in April."

FG0712 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Acne "Worst drug ever-- I am usually not allergic to any drug but I Just took it for 2 days and have the worst body pain, muscle soreness, feverishness. The list of long term side effects from this drug is appalling. As a scientist and cancer biologist I usually take extra caution as to what drugs I consume but the side effects of this drug is scary and having experienced it first hand I am stopping it just after two days of use. My face is still dry and has acne and I am close to 40. Hopefully a topical cream will help- definitely not solodyn!"

Sso129 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Acne "Cress, I am also over 40 years of age and African American with adult acne, and I couldn't find a regimen for my recurring acne problems/breakouts. I was prescribed Solodyn a couple weeks ago, and so far I like the results. I haven't noticed any darkening to my skin, however I will post again within 2-3 months to inform if I noticed any discoloration to my skin. I'm using Elta MD Broad Spectrum SPF 40 as part of my skin regimen, as advised by my dermatologist. I am not often too exposed to the sun, however the little amount of time I am exposed to the sun, the sunscreen comes in handy."

Rece January 28, 2016

For Acne "I am 18 have suffered with acne for a good 4-5 years. When I first got my period, my acne was the worst. I was so upset everyday I would cry. My dermatologist recommended solodyn and also yasemin (birth control). These both worked great!! I am not sure if the yasemin has quite the impact but solodyn definitely helped so much with my acne. The only con I would have to say that it is a bit pricey but it's worth it."

Camilaaa99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2016

For Acne "16 years old on solodyn and ziana for 3wks. My face has cleared up significantly. I have cystic acne, I started breaking out badly in sept of this year. I tried basically everything over the counter. My mom took me to a dermatologist and this is what he prescribed , so far it works. However , still wash with panoxyl am and pm and benzac for spot treatment. When my skin is vey dry I use yes to tomatoes moisturizer and daily repair treatment ."

Ellington November 4, 2015

For Acne "I really like Solodyn as my acne treatment. I have been using this medication since march 2015 but after a couple months of using it my acne disappeared. I was on proactive for 2 years but no luck. Solodyn is truly a great antibiotic pill for acne. Please do yourself a huge favor and try it! Everyone deserves to go through life with clean skin! God bless"

tiwini (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Acne "I started taking this less than a week ago, but will be stopping it because of the side effects. It has helped my acne, but the side effects don't make it worth it. I constantly feel nauseous, have headaches, feel feverish, and am unusually exhausted."

Steph3312 July 26, 2015

For Acne "I was able to get my first bottle free, and the rest is covered by insurance with $35 out of pocket monthly. Yes, it is more on the pricey side, but having taken it for an entire month, I noticed a difference in less than a week. This stuff has been a miracle for me, and I finally have clear skin."

Maggles July 6, 2015

For Acne "I was on Solodyn for 7 weeks. I had borderline cyst acne and a lot of redness/PIH. Although Solodyn reduced the amount of 'new' acne that I got, and some of the cysts did end up rising to heads and disappeared (albeit slowly), the results weren't as dramatic as I hoped. I was still getting a fair amount of acne (maybe 50% as prior to the medicine after 4 weeks). My dermatologist ended up putting me on doxycycline instead, and it's been much more effective (and MUCH cheaper) than solodyn."

Alex Noonz May 18, 2015

For Acne "I am over 40 with adult acne for years. I had it under control with epidue for years but something hormonal happened and I had a severe break out and it was bad. My dermatologist started me solodyn 105mg. It worked immediately. My acne cleared up and my face was smooth again. But my only side affect is I have gotten really dark, I haven't read anyone complaints about getting dark so I would like some responses to my post. I don't know if its because I am a black woman. But after reading some of the posts I will start taking a lesser dose to see if that helps."

Cress (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

For Acne "It took away my acne in a few days. but it made me nauseous when I took it on an empty stomach. My insurance covered it partially. But I didn't want to take it too long and become resistant to antibiotics."

Brittany Hill April 3, 2015

For Acne "I am 15 and have had acne since I was about 13. I have tried almost everything to get rid of my acne so when my dermatologist wanted to try Solodyn I jumped at the offer. It has been a little over a month since I have been on Solodyn and my acne is just starting to improve. For me the medication caused me to break out worse on my face before it got better so of course with anyone that has acne that's frustrating. Just stick with it and I promise you'll see improvements. I am on Epiduo as well to spot treat acne. Good luck!"

Anonymous March 20, 2015

For Acne "I had pretty bad acne and tried many topical creams with very little relief. Solodyn really helped with my acne pretty quick. But what I noticed is that, if I missed a single daily dose, I would start to get really deep acne within 24 hours. It was frustrating because when I was getting low on a prescription, I had to make sure and go to my dermatologist immediately. It also dried my skin out quite a bit. My advice to anyone considering it; 1) make to be very consistent with when you take it, 2) start decreasing your dose as soon as you start seeing some improvement (break pills in half but still take daily, then 1/3 daily, etc.), 3) drink lots of water and use face lotion to hydrate your skin, because it really dries it out."

Emerp March 18, 2015

For Acne "I had a cystic breakout before my wedding and my doctor prescribed me Solodyn. After a week they have all gone either completely away or almost barely there away. Love this stuff! I didn't experience any side effects."

Chicagogal06 March 10, 2015

For Acne "I've just started this medication and so far so good. So far all I have noticed is that my pimples are coming to a head and my cysts are starting to level and also blackheads and whiteheads are vanishing. I'm on the 80 mg Solodyn and I'm guessing that's very high since most people her are on like 65 and 50 mg. I do get very dizzy, lightheaded, my stomach kills, and I have trouble focusing for about two hours after taking the antibiotic but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I have sensitive skin and I like how this doesn't make me peel as much as the previous topical medication I was on (Ziana). I'm still suppose to use it but I like the results I'm getting without it. I would recommend this for sure."

Jac G (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Acne "I had really bad breakouts going into college. I took Solodyn paired with a topical called Ziana. I was really skeptical because I didn't notice any changes in the first 4-6 week trial period, but it really helped me clear up after about 3 months. I'm mostly left with blemishes now which have not really improved since my breakouts stopped. I've been on Solodyn for six months now, but I think I'm going to stop because my acne feels controlled."

Gianna A January 9, 2015

For Acne "I was taking Solodyn for about a week and a half. My acne was very moderate and it cleared up pretty quickly after taking Solodyn. But it caused a very severe yeast infection and caused me to have nose bleeds."

Asdfghhjkleuuuaaa December 13, 2014

For Acne "My acne was terrible. I felt like I had tried everything and that my next option was going to have to be Accutane (something I really did not want to try!). I tried like 4 different dermatologists before I was finally recommended to try Solodyn and within 2-3 months my acne began clearing and not coming back. I took it for about 6 months and I had a few pimples (but they were nothing like the ones I had before) and some scarring. I started slowing going off the Solodyn by taking half a pill every day and then every other day until I just totally stopped. It's been about 6 or 7 months since my last Solodyn pill and my skin still looks great. I usually will have one or two small pimples but I usually just spot treat with Epiduo."

Lynz b 90 October 22, 2014

For Acne "This medicine leaves me feeling undecided and confused. First off, it made me break out bad, and in a type of way I never did before. I had huge cysts all over my back. My Dr said that it "gets everything out of your skin then clears you up." I did clear up after 4 months on it. It wasn't until the last month it improved. Problem is that it scarred me everywhere from the cysts. I never broke out on my back like that before, and it actually hurt. I'm hoping the scars become less dark. Bottom line: It broke me out bad for 3 months and then cleared up and I'm left with scars. Skin is much clearer but I'm still getting small pimples on shoulders and face."

h2434 August 28, 2014

For Acne "I took Solodyn for three years. I had been on Accutane the previous year, it cleared up my skin well, but then I started to get blemishes again. The Solodyn worked well, though I still had hormonal acne two weeks every month. I was happy with the results. Then, after about a year of being on it, I left for college and started to have very bad stomach issues. Overtime they worsened, but my doctors could not figure out what was wrong. I saw three different specialist, had colonoscopies, endoscopies, scans, tests, labs, etc. but no conclusions could be made. Then, my dermatologist decided to just take me off the solodyn to see if it had an effect. My stomach isn't 100% better, but I can already tell a difference in my health."

Not worth it April 29, 2014

For Acne "I am 16 and I have been on Solodyn for about a year and a half. The first month I started taking it my skin cleared way up, but then it got bad again. Now, if I stop taking it, I breakout worse than before so it is really just keeping my acne somewhat controlled but it had NOT cleared up my face at all."

azirkelb (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2014

For Acne "Hello everyone! So over winter break I gained a HUGE allergic reaction from an acne face wash that made me break out with acne ALL over my face. BIG CYSTIC PIMPLES. Yeah, it was really bad. I was embarrassed, I didn't want my family to even see me. I was ashamed. My mother took me to the dermatologist that Friday and I was prescribed Solodyn. I got two weeks prescription for free. I had an amazing experience so far, its only been a week, exactly a week from today that I've been on this medication.($35 for 3 months medication) I don't regret it at ALL. The only side effect it has had on me is tiredness after school. My acne has cleared about 90% if not more. I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone with a very ugly acne break out."

Smile You're Beautiful. :) January 10, 2014

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 14yrs old, and I'm 18 now. So I've been suffering for 4 years now. I've tired everything to get rid of my acne. I had some cystic acne and just regular acne, but it would be all over my face and leave bad scarring. It was very embarrassing. I finally decided I would do something about it. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Solodyn. My face cleared up within a month, I have never seen my face this clear before it's like I never even had acne, all that's left is scars though. But this medicine from my experience works great, and I didn't experience any serious side effects. I highly recommend it."

Oksanagirl January 2, 2014

For Acne "I have been on and of Solodyn and it works awesome every time! I am 43 years old and started breaking out around my mouth. I was convinced it was adult acne. I never had acne in my younger years so I figured now it was my turn. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Solodyn. I noticed results as early as one week. I do get very dizzy and tired so I take it a couple of hours, before bed. It is very expensive so make sure you get the discount card from your dermatologist."

Crysteena November 22, 2013