User Reviews for Solodyn

Learn more about Solodyn.

Rosacea 3 reviews 105 medications

Acne 87 reviews 562 medications

Summary of Solodyn reviews 90 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Solodyn

For Acne "I am on Solodyn for 5 month now and my first 3 months was bad and the 4th month got better but I developed a minor itch on my leg and I ask the doctor about it , guess was one of the drug side effects, Also feeling nausea or loopy is what I get some time too! But my back is so much better now and no acne or inflamed blackheads slowly clearing up! But worry about liver damage : ("

Sheng111 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am taking this because I have Perioral Dermatitis. I was given solodyn for 1 week and the generic for 4 weeks. So far I have been on solodyn for 5 days. The first day I felt a little dry mouth....and up to now I feel a little nauseous and almost like my throat is "weird". I don't know if it's coincidence or the actual drug. I will finish this bottle and start the generic, but if I feel anything getting worse, I will stop it immediately. To me, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, this only clears up with medication, not topical cream... I hope this medication does not make me feel worse!"

GreekPrincess80 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "First week using solodyn and my acne is worse than ever. I had a lot on my cheeks, chin, and left side of my back but now its also on my forehead and my shoulders. I've woken up with 2-3 new pimples everyday for the past week since I started taking it. I really hope this is normal and it gets better soon cause this sucks :("

amanda101111 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. During high school, it was particualryl bad so I went on proactiv, which was awful!!! don't ever go on it. Anways, about my second year into college my acne got pretty bad again so I went to the derm over the summer. In fall, I got put on solodyn, acezone, and adapelene with a benzepro wash. I have been on this for over two months and I STILL GET ACNE. I currently have a bandaid on my face covering up a cyst I popped last night. The reason I didn't give it a zero is because I do think it has helped with the inflammation and reducing the number of pimples, but I want clear skin, not just less acne. Long story short, solodyn is okay but it will not clear up your skin."

Anonymous February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 15 years old and I've been taking solodyn 55 mg for about a month now in addition to birth control which my dermatologist prescribed. I haven't been seeing any improvement yet and I am still continuing to get terrible breakouts."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was on Solodyn for 5 years. I am now 19 years old and just quit about 8 months ago. It made my skin FLAWLESS and got compliments all the time. Never any noticeable side affects, although I did quit because I was afraid it was killing my liver and being on an antibiotic for that long is dangerous. Also, the last 6 months I noticed my breakouts were no longer controlled, as if my body was becoming immune to the drug. Now being off it my skin is worse than ever with many, many cysts. Going back to the derm to hopefully find something else that perhaps is not as hurtful to the body (I can dream lol), overall a great experience with it, it just made me sick thinking of what it was damaging internally to my body. Best of luck!"

Mjj17 December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started taking solodyn 80mg for a month after stopping my birth control and developing cystic acne as a result of stopping it. I have the giant cystic ones that come back worse every time I stop an antibiotic for acne (2 rounds of doxy, 1 round of minocycline). So I took it for 8 weeks total and noticed significant hair loss over those eight weeks with mild improvement in my acne. I got less giant pimples that were deep and under the surface, but within 1.5 weeks of stopping, I have them probably worse than ever. Felt tired and lazy most of the time while I was on it and had trouble focusing. Not worth the side effects for minimal improvement. Hope you have better luck."

Emmmy W November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I just wanted to share the info I got from my doctor. I just got prescribed this medication today. Some people on here mentioned headaches, nausea and tanning both of which my doctor told me could be some side effects. Hope that helped! I hope this medicine helps me."

DDouble November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am 25 years old and I've been taking Solodyn for four days now. I usually wake up with a few new pimples on my face but have not seen any of that since on this pill. I'm extremely happy since I've been suffering with breakouts since the age of fourteen. A side effect would be nausea but at this point in my life anything is worth having clear skin and not being self-conscious. Another thing to add on is that I have also been using Onexton which is a daily face gel."

JenGGo November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 32 years old and I was suffering from unwanted blemishes constantly. I was desperate to try anything to clear my skin - my last straw was seeing the dermatologist. I've now been on Solodyn for 3 months and my skin is nearly flawless with a small blemish rarely. Unfortunately my trade off for clear skin seems to be weight gain from Solodyn. I have been the same weight my entire life no matter what I ate. But since one Solodyn I have gone from 155 pounds to 170 pounds in 90 days and I'm even starving myself. Has anyone else had this side effect? and if so I hope the weight drops when I stop taking them. Help!"

Vanessa324 November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My close friend's very healthy 12 year old daughter was on Solodyn for what I would consider mild to moderate acne. A few weeks ago she started having significant stomach pain. They thought it was lactose intolerance, then maybe gluten intolerance. The pain worsened. Then she became severely constipated. The doctors did all types of GI testing. She began vomiting uncontrollably for days on end. Only upon going to the ER did they find after some blood work specifically checking for liver problems, that she had elevated enzymes. Scans showed liver enlargement. They took her off of the Solodyn. A few days later her liver is showing improvement and she can eat a bit. Official diagnosis was drug induced liver damage from the Solodyn."

DoubleU October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Solodyn cleared up my ACNE within just a few days, minimal side effects. Cleared up my acne and made my skin actually STAY clear, I haven't had any acne for about a month"

Lnnddsss (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had tried just about every over the counter medicine available for acne for about three years. I then went to a dermatologist who prescribed Solodyn w/ Epiduo. I could see a distinct improvement with 2-3 weeks and at 3 months my skin looks almost totally clear. My dermatologist prescribed for 2 months, and at my second visit prescribed for another two months. I am nervous about coming off of Solodyn, because it has worked fantastically, but it is SO expensive and the coupon the company offers only has a limited number of refills. Other than the prohibitive cost (retail w/o a coupon), Solodyn gets my highest rating! My experience with Solodyn.....Be patient and you will see results."

Kat337 October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "In March 2016 I went withmy friend to Rome. Within days my face was covered in acne. I was extremely depressed and self conscious I have never had acne before. I went on 80mg and the first 1-2 months didn't notice changes. After the trial period it cleared up and I've been off for two weeks. I have a few pimples but its basically nothing. I wash my face and use a topical. It worked but unfortunately it does take time. I'm basically 100% clear now minus some blemishes which will go away in time. Stay with it and stay positive."

Joey0 September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I took Solodyn a few years ago. I was on it for about 2-3 yrs. Like another poster on here said, I didn't have horrible acne like some cases, but it made me uncomfortable, especially as an adult. It did clear my acne (hence the rating of 3 instead of 0). But when I tried to come off of it, OMG!! It became one of those cases. I broke out like I could never imagine. I wouldn't look people in the eye, wouldn't let my husband EVER see me without make up, my self esteem when in the tank. I had to go on Accutane to get off of Solodyn. I did it during the summer (I am a school nurse w/summers off). It was the only time I could go off Solodyn for the 2 weeks I had to, to go on Accutane."

rntracy (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I always thought I had "severe" acne at varying points in my life, with seemingly no remedy in sight. I just decided to go to a dermatologist. I was informed (which I already knew from seeing others in my life with much worse conditions) that my acne was "less severe" or "mild" in comparison from a doctor's perspective. All of you out there know this doesn't matter because if it's bad to you, then it's bad enough! I go on to explain how I've "tried it all" or listen to recommendations of others that have great skin, and I still find that nothing works. The dermatologist recommended Solodyn. I was weary of getting any potential "side effects" as anyone would, but I must say, it worked! Everyone responds diff, but you won't know until you try"

SteveDL September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "For those of you with Acne and suffering mild to moderate acne like me. I dont have severe acne and like red big ones filled with puss or anything but I have like some along my jawline and next to my lips and this medicine along with onexton and retin A micro and the inflammation has really gone down like a lot! Its working great and its only been 1 week and 2 days. I cant imagine what its going to be like in 2 weeks. Staying positive. Hope this works."

Dannyed September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "when I was 14 years old and have been getting acne for a little under a year, so when my dermatologist recommended solodyn, I was very pleased, but being on this medication for less than a week, I have to say I would not recommend it. The joint pain I got in my knee was unbearable, and it also gave me random anxiety attacks, as well as mild depression. Very disappointed:("

lilyvo August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was put on Solodyn on Thursday ..And given a tazarac cream and face wipe . I use the wipe in every morning . I use the tazorac cream at night with a neutrogena moisturizer and I mix it and rub it on my face . I do this at night . I first wash my face tho than apply medicine and moisturizer. ... Today is now Sunday and I noticed my face has made ally of improvement . I statedwhat I had been instructed . If seems like I'm doing it correctly because my face is much more clear. However it's been 4 days and I noticed feelings a bit strange . I have a headache . I'm not at good at having headaches . I'm wondering if my headaches are link to this meds .... I haven't noticed anything else besides headaches"

Angel1115 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have had on and off acne for about 8 years. During August-October 2015 my skin was breaking out into big painful cystic pimples. They were mostly on my chin but some on my forehead as well. I was prescribed Solodyn 80mg in October and by January I had absolutely no pimples on my face. It gave me some side effects such as headaches and light dizziness. I also felt slight nauseous, but nothing too serious. It really cleared up my skin. This is the first oral product that has cleared my skin up in 8 years and I have tried pills such as dococyline (did not work). I swear by this pill. I stopped taking it in February because my skin was great. But now I am going on them in generic form because my acne began to come back in April."

FG0712 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Worst drug ever-- I am usually not allergic to any drug but I Just took it for 2 days and have the worst body pain, muscle soreness, feverishness. The list of long term side effects from this drug is appalling. As a scientist and cancer biologist I usually take extra caution as to what drugs I consume but the side effects of this drug is scary and having experienced it first hand I am stopping it just after two days of use. My face is still dry and has acne and I am close to 40. Hopefully a topical cream will help- definitely not solodyn!"

Sso129 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Cress, I am also over 40 years of age and African American with adult acne, and I couldn't find a regimen for my recurring acne problems/breakouts. I was prescribed Solodyn a couple weeks ago, and so far I like the results. I haven't noticed any darkening to my skin, however I will post again within 2-3 months to inform if I noticed any discoloration to my skin. I'm using Elta MD Broad Spectrum SPF 40 as part of my skin regimen, as advised by my dermatologist. I am not often too exposed to the sun, however the little amount of time I am exposed to the sun, the sunscreen comes in handy."

Rece January 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am 18 have suffered with acne for a good 4-5 years. When I first got my period, my acne was the worst. I was so upset everyday I would cry. My dermatologist recommended solodyn and also yasemin (birth control). These both worked great!! I am not sure if the yasemin has quite the impact but solodyn definitely helped so much with my acne. The only con I would have to say that it is a bit pricey but it's worth it."

Camilaaa99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "16 years old on solodyn and ziana for 3wks. My face has cleared up significantly. I have cystic acne, I started breaking out badly in sept of this year. I tried basically everything over the counter. My mom took me to a dermatologist and this is what he prescribed , so far it works. However , still wash with panoxyl am and pm and benzac for spot treatment. When my skin is vey dry I use yes to tomatoes moisturizer and daily repair treatment ."

Ellington November 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I really like Solodyn as my acne treatment. I have been using this medication since march 2015 but after a couple months of using it my acne disappeared. I was on proactive for 2 years but no luck. Solodyn is truly a great antibiotic pill for acne. Please do yourself a huge favor and try it! Everyone deserves to go through life with clean skin! God bless"

tiwini (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015