User Reviews for Milnacipran

Fibromyalgia
6.8

Summary of Milnacipran reviews 6.8 319 reviews

Reviews for Milnacipran

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I was put on Savella 3 yrs ago. I had some side effects titrating up to 100 mg, but once I got up to 100 mg they subsided. I did very well on it! But my insurance at the time was a problem. They tried me on Cymbalta, which caused Migraines - which I hadn't had since having my last child 24 yrs ago - and I was prone to migraines for over a year after going off of it. Now they've given me Lyrica, which is very close to Cymbalta - so I'm very hesitant to take it. I'm going to ask to go back on Savella and hope my insurance has changed enough to allow it. It gave me the most relief with the least side effects!!"

Cj September 19, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica made me drowsy and puffy. Cymbalta made me feel weird and killed my sex drive. Savella has been a blessing for me! I have more energy, less pain and feel like a lot of me brain fog has cleared up. I have Ehlers Danlos and possibly fibromyalgia which I use this for. I can feel pain when I hyperextend but the reticular nerve pain is almost gone. Maybe 2-3 days out of the month I have an odd day but not nearly as many as I used to, plus the SNRI seems to keep me cheerful. Have to take with food or I get nausea. Had BP spike, high pulse and sweats first month but they went away after. I pray this med continues to work! Get prescription drug card from website! Much cheaper, even with insurance."

Alaskalady (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on Savella for several years now and I am doing very well. The only bad thing is that it has elevated my blood pressure a bit. I normally take 1 pill twice daily, but when the weather changes ( especially in the mid- Fall), I sometimes do increase my dosage to 1 1/2 twice a day. And then when my fibro settles down and my pain isn't as bad, I go back to 1 pill twice daily. In the beginning, I did have a little bit of a hard time getting use to Savella, but I am glad I stuck with it. In the long-run, I am doing better with taking Savella. I do understand that not everyone can take Savella. Different meds react different ways to all different kinds of people."

Tammy (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "Need lots of water to drink, take with food, nausea will happen if I do not. My vision is a little more blurry, but my time to get new glasses is coming in a few months. Overall this medication is the first out of all the meds I have tried to help the most. I gave my doctor a hug because my pain went from tears to tolerable and able to go to work and do my job. I had to fight my insurance for this medication as it was not listed to cover but was approved after 2 weeks of going back and forth"

Sim (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "Savella was the first drug that really made a difference in my fibromyalgia. It has significantly reduced my overall pain without the sedating side effects of drugs like nortriptyline. Also, no weight gain. I had been taking so much OTC pain relievers I was worried about GI and liver damage. Also, I had been taking so many hot baths and showers that my skin was suffering. After going on Savella, I was able to cut back dramatically on my pain meds and the dermatologist is much happier with how my skin looks."

Claudia (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 30, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I’m just starting on savella! I’m praying it will help with the fatigue and alertness. Pain also of course. I’ll let y’all know!..:)"

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I have taken Savella for 6 months. I have some brain fog but it has decreased from what I originally had. I was suffering from severe muscle pain and it completely stopped. Another side effect I (did not suffer but loved) was the 20 lbs I have lost over the period. The cost is so much that I cut the dosage from 50 mg. 2 X a day to 25 mg. once a day but still get the pain relief just as much. My thanks to the mfg co!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "My Dr. put me on savella after my lyrica and cymbalta stopped working for my fibromyalgia pain. I wish I had read these reviews before I wasted $200 on these terrible pills! My pain has been worse since starting it. I’m nauseous all the time, get cold chills, go to the bathroom 2 times every hour, I can’t get to or stay asleep even with sleep meds and I itch all over. I have had a horrible experience with this drug and wouldn’t recommend it at all!"

Crystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Is been a life saver, I couldn’t get out of bed, the pain was so crippling, I wanted to die. Now I have a life, still have a bit of pain sometimes. What a difference. The only thing I hate is the outrageous price."

Bea (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I started Savella for fibromyalgia. I only took it for four days before ending up in emergency room. It increased blood pressure which is normally around 101/62 and now shot up to 138/98 in 4 days!!!! I ended up in the hospital with palpitations and heart squeezing with chest pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. This drug feels like poison to me. I just got released from the hospital and waiting for the Savella to leave my body. It's a shame because I did feel pain relief. I have one kidney and was hoping this would be my saving grace. I don't know where to go from here. I am already on Gabapentin."

SunKimmy (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Have been down with Fibromyalgia for more than 20 years. Have tried all meds. Started Savella 2 years ago. For almost a year it was like heaven to be pain free and back to my normal activities but then I started having palpitations and real high blood pressure. I took it with metoprolol to control my BP and heart rate for 6 months but now the palpitations are really unbearable. I’ve started tapering the dose and my pain, fatigue and depression is back with a vengeance. I’m wondering what to do. Lyrica was awful....walking around like a zombie with immense weight gain. Have also tried Cymbalta. Will start on gabapentin and see if it helps. May God give relief to everyone who is suffering"

S.S (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2018

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "My pain management physician had tried multiple medications to treat my severe Fibromyalgia prior to Savella. They decided to try Savella to replace the Cymbalta. While neither medication worked very well on It's own, the combination of the two worked well for me. The Savella alone helped with the pain, it made my mind foggy. When both were combined, I had some pain relief and better mental function. I still suffer with fibro fog and cognitive difficulties but it's better than without both medications."

Ddebru01 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I took this medicine only once had a violent reaction dizziness, vomitting, I felt like I was poisoned. Will never try again if I could give less than one I would."

Cherub528 November 21, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "First let me rate it a 1. I was supposed to take 25mg at bedtime. Woke up a little before 2 am, heart racing, hot flashes, extreme nausea. Spent next hour trying to sleep but heart palpitations, hot flashes then chills, vomiting and needing the bathroom.... 4 times! I have NEVER had this type of drug reaction like that!!! Unreal! Charging my insurance nearly $1,000 for a rubbish drug that makes people sick. Even people who don't have a severe reactions all have nausea! It shouldn't be legal to charge people so much for a drug. It is price gauging and insane! I still feel sick next day. Never again. Now I am stuck with pills worth more money than I can make and hate them."

Made me sick (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I've had fibromyalgia now since I was in my 30's, I am now 63. Back then, I was told It was depression, all in my head, you name it. I tried several Medications, nothing helped, until I tried Savella. It's a miracle medication for me, although I take the highest dose allowed, 100mg 2x a day. The only problem, it's very expensive. My prescription plan pays some, but I'm stuck with a bill of about $1200 a year. Unfortunately, I can not get help because I inherited my Moms IRA that has $35,000 in it...Sad they can't make this a generic drug ☹️. I feel trapped because I feel like I need thus medication to survive."

Cherylann654 October 7, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I have had fibromyalgia for about 10 years now. My Dr tried Cymbalta and then Gabapentin which both seemed to help at first, but only for a short time. Then maybe 4 years ago, a new Dr. put me on savella. At first I felt nauseous, dizzy, and had headaches every day. All those symptoms continued, but not as severe, but I started feeling like I could get around better, & my muscles weren't as stiff or sore as before. But then being diagnosed with BPD and anxiety, those meds weren't where they should be, and I started feeling really down and depressed. I told my Dr 's about it. Then trying to get the savella refilled, I found out they weren't going to refill it because insurance said I had suicidal ideations. BUT after 4 weeks w/o it, I feel so much better! No sweats, dizziness,etc"

Steph Anne (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2017

For Somatoform Pain Disorder: "Soon as I hit the 25mg mark I became ill - hot, fatigued, nauseated, severe agitation, and the worst trigeminal neuralgia attack I'd had in months (contradicting the Rx). This was poison to my system. I hate SSRI's and this Dr kept pushing it on me. Wishing you better luck."

TN Migraine guy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I wasn't even able to get through the titration pack & I began experiencing suicidal thought. I've experienced it a lot, but this time it was way worse, with the thoughts getting more frequent & graphic. I will admit I have BP & BPD & this may be the reason why I had this reaction. I called my rheumatologist, since she's the one who prescribed it, to let her know how I was feeling. Long story short, she sent the police to my house & I was taken to the psych hospital, where I sat for a couple of hrs. It also made my already high blood pressure worse. Also, no pain ease/relief. Never again for me!"

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "This is the second time I have tried savella. The first time after 3 weeks of suffering from sweats, intolerance to heat although the pain was better, I started having headaches and palpitations. It did nothing for my brain fog. It did however help with the pain. Because I only have 1 kidney, pain meds are a problem for me. I have RA, osteoarthritis and fibro. I started back on savella at a 12.5mg dose 10 days ago but once again, the palpitations, the nausea and sweats have caused me to stop. wish this could have worked for me."

neyami (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "This is a very good drug. I really wanted to try fetzima but unfortunately this drug dosen't exist in Israel, adding abilify 2.5 to savella make you like you are always awake for all day It does not so help with OCD but it has little side effects especially with sexual side effects. This drug is good, but fetzima is bette. Waiting for the day fetzima will be selling here."

haviv July 19, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I have been on Savella for about a year. The medication greatly reduced my pain. Initially after titrating up I was on 100 mg. However, it caused my blood pressure to go really high even with the medicine I take for blood pressure. I reduced the medicine to 50 mg which helped some with the blood pressure . However, the nausea and vomiting, hot flashes, sweating have continued. The nausea and vomiting is bad enough that I am willing to go off the medication. I am hoping I can find something that will help as well without the side effects. The benefits are outweighed by the side effects for me."

Viv1959 July 17, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "Savella was a miracle drug for me, I had tons of energy and no pain. I was able to start going to the gym and walking 5km in a month. After going up to 50mg 2x day I started to get random little patches of hives, hot flashes and flushed face. I stayed on it for 2 months hoping the symptoms would go away as the benefits outweighed the side effects, however rashes got worse so I had to go off of it."

Jillc823 July 11, 2017

For Somatoform Pain Disorder: "This fixed 95% of what was wrong with me(Intractable hiccups, chronic pain, intractable migraine with aura with status, bilateral greater trochanteric bursitis, herniated discs ) with only mild side effects. My pain dropped from a 6 to a 2 on the Mankoski scale, I didn't hiccup once while I was taking it, I didn't have a single migraine. It was literally a miracle drug. Unfortunately, the generic isn't available yet, and I can't afford $60/month. The moment I can get generic, I'm going back on it."

Rachel8293 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "Savela has made a major difference for my fibro pain. I take 2/ day as well as gabapentin."

Annie Tx124 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2017

Savella (milnacipran) for Fibromyalgia: "I'm reading all of your reviews please stay strong and believe in this drug. I was one of the first people on it. I started out on low doses, my Dr slowly worked me up to the max of 100 mg 2x a day. It has been a life saver for me. I am suffering from other problems now, my fibromyalgia had become? Lupus 4 years ago. And I fear it is progressing to even worse. Savella helps. I had to miss 2 doses for a procedure and thought I was going to die from the pain."

nvjoy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2017