User Reviews for Metro

Metro has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 29% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 43% reported a negative experience.

Bacterial Infection
Bacterial Vaginosis
Diverticulitis
Summary of Metro reviews 4.3 6 reviews

Anonymous · May 26, 2020

For Diverticulitis "I am on the 5th day ! The last day of metronidazole 500mg twice a day ! I don't recommend this antibiotic to anyone . I have had the most vivid worst nightmares on this drug. My stomach cramps, and hurts and have diarrhea bad. I feel like my eyes are so dry and have a brain fog ,and don't know if I'm coming or going . Side note it cleared my diverticulitis up tho."

Anonymous · July 17, 2011

For Diverticulitis "Terrible experience using this medication in combination with Cipro. Took for a week. Developed nausea, sore throat and horrible taste in mouth. Had to call for nausea medication and then developed oral thrush in mouth and had to get a prescription for another medication for that. I do think it effective, but would not want to take again."

Dont know how im still alive · Taken for less than 1 month · July 19, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I was diagnosed with BV back in December 2017. It's now July and I have had 7 months of suffering because of metro and to those who are affected like me I feel for you. To get a Doctor to admit this is a neuro toxic drug is IMPOSSIBLE. I pray they take this off the market soon...its literally POISION! Please...read all the warnings! "

DefectiveGut · Taken for less than 1 month · August 30, 2017

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "I'm a 40 year old male just recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I had an MRI done and the doctor found an abscess on my bladder due to Crohn's. He put me on metronidazole (Flagyl) and ciprofloxacin (Cipro) for 30 days. The side effects for me are mild but weird. The Cipro gives me very vivid and intense dreams when I sleep. The metronidazole has many more effects: metallic taste in my mouth, altered sense of smell and taste, diarrhea/soft stool, lower energy levels and no sex drive. However, the side effects of the antibiotics are much milder than the effects of the abscess. It's not a fun combination but it's working well for me!"

backwoods · Taken for less than 1 month · January 6, 2021

For Bacterial Vaginosis "The pill usually made me really sick and feel awful, so my gyno prescribed me local Metro-gel that has wayyyy less side effects. I’m on day two and I haven’t experienced anything negative besides being a little gassy (which is typical). I would recommend the gel over the pill, but everyone’s body is different! :) My itching has also gone away. Don’t forget to take it until the last dose, even if you feel better. I take probiotics with it too to help keep me in balance."

Clogan08 · October 13, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Not long after each dose I get extremely nauseous, even when taking with food. Having to take it 3 times a day is brutal. Let's just say I can't wait for my treatment to be complete."

SarahWantsToReview · January 19, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginosis "So far, I've gained agitation, lower back pain, insomnia, and taste change. I wouldn't recommend this treatment."