User Reviews for Depo-Provera Contraceptive

Birth Control
4.5

Summary of Depo-Provera Contraceptive reviews 4.5 10 reviews

Reviews for Depo-Provera Contraceptive

For Birth Control "DON'T get this shot, because if it hurts your body. It's's not like you can stop taking this drug. It causes a wide array of problems, and you don't know if they will effect you until you get the shot. I have had pretty good experiences with changing birth control before, and had no abnormal bleeding, no painful periods, no nothing, so I thought it would be OK. Literally the day I got the shot, I started my period again (it had just ended, too) and I didn't stop bleeding for 90 days. For the entire 3 months my entire uterus and vaginal opening was in complete agony. I couldn't stand being touched, and my husband got really angsty. I had the worst cramps of my life, too. The DAY the shot wore off, everything was better."

dawn19825 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst decision I ever made! I gained weight and bloated sooo bad even when I didn’t eat I bloated! I stopped taking it and I am still trying hard to lose the weight. I have always been petite but now I look pregnant because I am so bloated! I had no period which was nice but had no sex drive. It works for my friend but for me I hated it!!!"

Kelllllc February 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I loved it. I was on it a little over 2 years and have just stopped at the suggestion of the doctor due to the bone loss. I am struggling to find another birth control that could ever be as good for me personally as this one. I didn't have a period unless I was in my window for another shot (every 3 months). There were times where there was light spotting, but nothing bothersome. No cramps, mood swings, and no weight gain that I can tie to it. I hope I can find another that works so well with my body."

Emma456 January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I took the depo shot twice, one shot every 3 months, right after highschool. While I did not get pregnant i gained 50 pounds. I had always been a tiny person. I was 100 pounds when I graduated and after that 6 months I was 150. No change in diet and I was actually more active. AFTER I decided to get off of it I was unable to lose the weight and I didn't get my period for 9 months and was not abe to get pregnant for a year and 9 months, which actually was failed (blighted ovum) and I finally am pregnant 2 and a half years later. All from 2 shots. My whole life I had very regular light periods. After the shot they were random and fluctuated in flow from heavy to only spotting. I would never recommend this birth control."

Hate it (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Never use this shot it makes your discharge thick and white after it wears off. You don't have a period for 2 years and it throws off the pH causing BV and frequent yeast infections also get a lot of head aches and low sex drive"

Crys1922 June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't recommend it. Stay away from this shoot."

veromarr (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Have been having terrible reaction to this medicine. Chest pain and shortness of breath. "

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Birth Control "I highly recommend Depo. I was on it for a little over 2 years (which is not recommended). I didn't have a period, which I loved, and I only had to go in and get it every three months, which was also very nice. The only reason I stopped Depo was in order to try and get pregnant. Once I am done having kids/take a break from having kids, I will definitely go back to Depo. I also didn't have many side effects from Depo, just breakthrough bleeding some months."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

For Birth Control "Depo is a great contraceptive but side effects included weight gain for me, irritability, moodiness and loss in sex drive."

Anonymous June 4, 2009

For Birth Control "Best birth control I have ever had."

Anonymous July 3, 2008