User Reviews for Maprotiline

Also known as: Ludiomil

Learn more about Maprotiline.

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 46 medications

Depression 3 reviews 80 medications

8.3
Panic Disorder 3 reviews 19 medications

7.3
Summary of Maprotiline reviews 7 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Maprotiline

For Panic Disorder: "Helps me to sleep better but no good for panic attacks and only side effects hypotension"

Has bn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Ludiomil (maprotiline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was pleased with the results of this medication. Eventually i was able to discontinue taking this medicine after 8 months."

Nachobev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

For Depression: "I have been taking maprotiline for over 35 years and I am still taking it (there seemed to be a shortage for a while about 2 years ago but Walgreens still carries it). I started having panic attacks with the onset of my allergy to dust mites when I was a teenager. In my 20's, I went into a deep depression and couldn't sleep for 3 months. I started taking maprotiline and 3 improvements occurred: 1) My depression subsided and then went away. 2) My panic attacks stopped. 3) The almost daily sneezing episodes associated with my allergy subsided, and now, they occur maybe twice and month. My runny sinuses also dried up considerably. I twice tried taking myself off of the medication--it didn't work. All problems returned after about 10 days."

Souled on it (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Effective medication for panic disorder and for highly somatisation patients also very helpful for insomnia. I suggested maprotiline for patient with no response to SSRis or tricyclic antidepressants."

has bimor (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2015

Ludiomil (maprotiline) for Depression: "I had been on Ludiomil for over 30 yrs and they discontinued it. I went on the generic maprotiline and now there going to stop it to. I'm beside myself. I have about another month and I will be out. This medicine saved my life, I can't believe they could just stop making it for those of us on it. They say it is not addictive, but let me tell you I have tried several times to get off of it and I get all the same symptoms I had over 30 years ago on top of the withdrawal symptom I'm going to get. Life is about to go bad again. The doctor and I talked he says he won't mix maprotiline with any other medicine and I'll have to be off it for 2 weeks and before starting another medicine. This will put me into a severe depression. Nothing else works."

Dottie122 February 3, 2014

Ludiomil (maprotiline) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on maprotiline for over 20 years to treat my panic disorder. It was the only medication that worked and I tried just about all of them ( tricyclic antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, Prozac, Wellbutrin). Hands down, this medication had the least side effects, and the best coverage. I have been living a full life, panic free."

elkay January 7, 2011

For Depression: "I've been using Maprotiline for ten years. I think it's the best antidepressant out there but since it's not new it's not being prescribed."

Map User February 27, 2009