User Reviews for Labetalol

High Blood Pressure 6.0
Summary of Labetalol reviews 6.0 9 reviews

Reviews for Labetalol

Anonymous July 21, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “On this medication labetalol for about 15 months for high blood pressure. It was a horrible experience. I developed POTS due to taking labetalol. Upon standing it would elevate my heart to 170 and resting my pulse would be 55. Doc said it couldn't be from labetalol and assured me numerous times labetalol is super safe. Other side effects were I also felt like I could never breath, I was always dizzy, extremely hot, it would drop my bp so slow upon standing and my heart would race to the point of me feeling like I was going to faint. I became bed ridden for months and EXTREMELY depressed. Thankfully, I ran out of my labetalol prescription and had three days waiting for refill because I called in late. Three days of not taking it and I felt amazing. No racing heart. No low blood pressure. No dizziness. I felt so normal I cried. I could breath again. Listen to your body. Doctors don't always know everything. 15 months of my life I will never get back. It was poison to my body. I'm on 5mg lisonopril now and feel great.”

wja · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I was put on labetalol 100 mg twice a day in Oct 2019 for high blood pressure. The same week I saw my opthamologist and he said my vision had not changed in a year, AMD. I immediately had low BP and had difficulty standing, walking. Was very weak. Adjusted the dose down taking 1/4 of a tab and sometimes 1/2 tab taking only 50 -75 mg a day and could not adjust the the med. I stopped taking it six weeks later. I have never returned to normal BP. I now have labile low bp and losing memory, hearing, and have severe damage from AMD including wet in one eye requiring injections every month. Drs can find nothing to help me. I have not taken any since Dec 1 and this is May 16. I am getting weaker and weaker. My bp is sometimes in73 systolic. Apparently I will die with dementia, blind and deaf. No one should ever take this medication. This medication is dangerous and no one should take the chance for death as this does.”

ol127 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I take labetalol 100 mg twice daily. No side effects. I exercise four times a week. It's the only blood pressure medication which works for me. It has never reduced my blood pressure to 120/80 but it does lower it to 140/ 85. I cannot take a higher dosage. Initially the doctor prescribed 200 mg once a day. I did have a negative reaction.”

CatLady85 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I take 300mg labetalol twice daily for BP. When I first started taking it, it made me feel HORRIBLE. I had decided to just not take it, but my mom talked me into giving my body a chance to get used to it. She was right, now I can't even tell when I take it and my BP is normal.”

MrsP · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Have been using this to treat high BP, was put on Labetalol 200 mg x 2 a day and it did take BP down to normal for 3 days then back up again. Easy to take, experienced tingling to scalp within an hour of taking each pill but subsided after 4 hrs. About $1 a pill with my insurance. Happy to see these pills are made at an American manufactured”

breathless · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I was using for a year and a half and lost my quality of life because labetalol left very short of breath, extremely tired, weight gain and water retention. I've been off of it for a week and already feeling a big difference. I am also on a high dose flurosemide and the weight and water retention dropping quickly. Quality of life is returning.”

Anonymous January 15, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Excessive weakness, hair loss, nausea, blurred vision, weight gain”

bessy September 18, 2009

Normodyne (labetalol) for High Blood Pressure: “I take labetalol 200mg 3 x per day for the past 6 years. Yes, my blood pressure is down, but I am so tired some days I just lay around all day. I also take diltiazem 180mg and Cozaar 100mg. I am trying to get off the labetalol and go on Bystolic. This medicine (labetalol) saved my life in the emergency room with dangerously high blood pressure. But now I am so sick of it and have gained 20 lbs and cannot exercise. I really want to try the Bystolic.”

Anonymous April 3, 2009

Normodyne (labetalol) for High Blood Pressure: “I've used Normodyne for over 10 years with no side effects other than tiredness/fatigue which was tolerable until I began an exercise program with a personal trainer. On several workout sessions which involved conditioning exercises. I felt extremely tired to the point of needing to stop. Consulted with my doctor, he advised me that fatigue is a side effect of Normodyne and that a new medicine called Bystolic does not have this side effect. I am now on Bystolic and will continue to monitor the results.”