User Reviews for Ixazomib to treat Multiple Myeloma

Also known as: Ninlaro

Cathy’s daughter November 22, 2020

Ninlaro (ixazomib): “My mother took Revlamid for seven years for Multiple Myeloma and did very well until her numbers started creeping up. Her doctor switched her to Ninlaro. After only three doses she had every side effect listed for this drug — and an inability to walk, problems swallowing, cognitive issues, incontinence, neuropathy in all extremities, vision issues, lack of appetite, and so on. The drug was withdrawn and in five months she was dead. The official cause of death says multiple myeloma. I believe it was Ninlaro.”

Paradise Lost · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 29, 2020

Ninlaro (ixazomib): “I was originally changed from Velcade to Ninlaro due to peripheral neuropathy and vision problems ( blind spots and scintillating scatomas). I have not had any vision loss or other similar issues with this medication. I was still having some neuropathy so my Dr. reduced me from 3 weeks on/1 week off to every other week. The peripheral neuropathy has been reduced and most times I don’t get nauseous after taking it. I usually take it Sunday night at 10pm and then go to bed and do the Dexamethasone Monday morning. I’ve had good results and relatively little problems.”

JC · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2018

Ninlaro (ixazomib): “The regime I was on was Revlimid daily for 3 weeks and 1 Ninlaro at the beginning of each week; then a 1 week vacation from both. I developed a dry itch at 1 Ninlaro, frank rash barely controlled by topical corticosteroids at the 2nd, and blistering on the third. We have since cut back to the Revlimid for 2 weeks, then 1 Ninlaro, then 1 week off. So far results are not stellar.”