User Reviews for Insulin detemir

Also known as: Levemir

Learn more about Insulin detemir.

Diabetes, Type 1 1 reviews 70 medications

Diabetes, Type 2 19 reviews 138 medications

Summary of Insulin detemir reviews 20 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Insulin detemir

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been using Levemir for several years now to control my Type II Diabetes. It has been doing a fantastic job. It keeps my A1C levels below 7 and my morning sugar levels are usually below 100. When I first started using Levemir I was at 24 units but as the years went by I've had to increase the doasge up to where I am at now to 38 units. But it is working! Every once in a while I may get a little itching at an injection site but no other side effects! I had been on all the oral glycemics and other injectable insulins before, but nothing had controlled my diabetes like this."

sfhogback (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Levemire and Novolog for several years, excelent controll with A1C's from 5.9 to the high 6.+ hardly ever out of the 6.something range. However, I was recently switched to Toujeo, now my blood levels are anywhere from 80 to nearly 300 (fasting) A1C was recently 7.3, waiting for lab results to see what level my A1C is now. Been on the Toujeo for about 4 months now, thought maybe it would take some time to start working, obviously, different brands work differently for different people just from reading the above remarks..."

Soundweaver (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have tried using this twice (it is the only thing ICH offers) and it has been worse than being on no medication at all. Both excessive glucose levels & dangerous hypoglycemic episodes. Looking for alternatives. Dosage required is double of what I used with Lantus."

SuperBubbe (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using this insulin for 2 years, my fasting reads are over 200. I feel tired, muscle and joint pain. I use it along with novorapid, and no effectiveness what so ever. My doctor is certain that this is the right one for me."

nor- khan June 12, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Very bad joint pain and neuropathy after two weeks"

maureen0905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Levermir caused gas build up."

Catzz April 26, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I went on levemir once I found out that lantus was made by the same company that make abortion pills. The first thing I noticed is that there is no sting. It took a good 3 weeks for it to start working, but once it starts working, it's the best basal you can get. Lantus used to sting so bad it wasn't funny. Now with Levemir, it never ever stings, I don't even feel it going in. I have also lost over 20 lbs while not changing my eating habits since I've been on this. I went on tresiba for a couple weeks last winter, I was the first in the state, I had the most horrible adverse reaction, I had a cold that was the worst cold known in the history of man. But it was not a cold, I went back to levemir and in 48 hours the cold cured"

frank7968 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Before starting Levemir, I was on Janumet, Glipizide, and Invokana. The Invokana triggered a rapid (over a 3 month period) weight loss from 138 pounds down to 115 pounds. I felt miserable. Thirsty, cotton mouth, constant urination, leakage, etc. My glucose went up from around 130 to an average of 240. My doctor took me off Invokana and started me on Levemir. The results were astounding!! Within a week, my fasting glucose was down to 100 and my weight started to increase. After 2 months, my weight is at 131.. All of the dehydration symptoms are gone!! I can't wait to see what A1C level a month from now (3 months on Levemir) I now feel physically and MENTALLY much better."

JamesRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've just started using Levemir Flextouch. I only use it at bedtime. Morning. sugars are 278 or higher. I'm up to 60 units so I'm concerned."

1st Time January 13, 2016

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Has really helped me control my blood sugars."

LtDan107 June 4, 2013

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Levemir for about 4 years 20 & 20 units twice a day but lately I had to increase to 20/20/20 & when my sugar goes over 160 I will use fast acting Novolog 10-20 units but now I will be trying Bydureon to see if it helps me control my blood sugar."

romeo524 February 19, 2013

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Levemir for 3 1/2 weeks. My fasting blood sugar went from 208 to 123 and I have lost 9 lbs. It is very easy to use. Feel better than I have in over a year!"

Dmau49 February 18, 2011

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Insulin is the BEST way to control your blood glucose! "

furretz August 9, 2010

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been using Levemir for about 2 years. As stated above I have noticed a need for an increased amount. I started at 16 units and now up to 25. My Endocrinologist placed me on Glucophage, Actos, and Glyburide in the last week. I have noticed that my readings have been consistent throughout the day but sometimes runs as low as 74. May have to adjust the amount of insulin. Doctor said it may take a few months for the Actos to kick in. If you don't have an endocrinologist and you are diabetic you need to get one."

Anonymous August 6, 2010

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Levemir for seven years now and find it to be a very user friendly, but as commented above I have found that a steady increase in dosage is needed to keep the effectiveness of the medicine."

Anonymous July 24, 2010

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Levemir for approximately 2 years and have found it be quite effective. However, I've also noticed that over time the dosage has had to steadily increase in order to achieve optimum blood glucose levels."

Bono June 16, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Since using Levemir, my blood sugar has been a lot lower, but have developed a itchy rash where I inject."

Anonymous May 14, 2009

Levemir (insulin detemir) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Since I've been using Levermir, I found it to be very rewarding to my cause."

type2 April 21, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Levemir takes way too long to lower my sugar level after I eat. It's very good after 6 hours."

takes too long to lower sugar after i eat. March 22, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2: "very easy to take"

laukatnik April 2, 2008