User Reviews for Insulin degludec

Diabetes, Type 1
4.9

Summary of Insulin degludec reviews 5.6 57 reviews

Reviews for Insulin degludec

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I began using Tresiba shortly after Lantus. I had to switch because of my change in health insurance plans. I loved Lantus and had pretty regular blood sugar levels on it, but once I began using Tresiba my blood sugars would drop in the middle of the night. I have had some scary moments with it. I've gone to bed with a blood sugar of 220 (which I never did on Lantus) and then would wake up at 5am with a blood sugar of 30. It has caused some serious nighttime drops and only finally levels out by early afternoon. I do not recommend this product to any type 1'ers out there. My next try to will be Levemir or Basaglar."

26 y.o male (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Since December I have had to switch insulin 3 times due to insurance plan. I am experiencing UTI symptoms continually. My physician will not believe it is the Tresiba. Stopped taking the insulin yesterday and finally the UTI symptoms are receding. Anyone else have this problem?"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Tresiba for 4 days and already have a raging UTI. No one would admit that it could be the insulin, but found proof online that it is very common among older women with type 2 diabetes. I am stopping it immediately since it will probably become recurring. Anyone else have this problem with it?"

Betty Johnson (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I'm 35 and have been a diabetic for 27 years. I have been using Tresiba for 3 years now and everything was relatively fine. I had to split my dose because of low levels at night and even though my endo said it was not necessary it did wonders. A couple of weeks ago I started with low levels at night or before lunch. Thought I should only reduce 2 units. But yesterday was scary... for the first time in my life I woke up feeling the sugar levels too high. Ended up in the ER where I was informed I nearly had 700. I thought the batch of pens could be faulty so I bought another batch and started my day . I had 95 when I left the ER and after a day at home sleeping I'm already in 200. I'm looking online if there has been a recall or other cases similar to mine."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes Mellitus: "Was on Tresiba in the morning only about a year with great results. For the last couple of months I have elevated glucose levels at night with fasting highs. I have had diabetes 53 years so I am not a newbie! My doctor moved me back to levemir in the evening and it is causing nighttime lows and, daytime highs. I am considering going back to Tresiba and splitting my dose to twice a day which he did not suggest so this is just my idea. It is a once daily, 24 hour dose. Anyone have any comments about trying this?"

Rooster (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been on TRESIBA for 4 weeks and my averages on my meter show a steady reduction in glucose levels. I feel stronger and have much better energy. I wake up with normal blood sugar levels for the first time in years. Very happy I asked my doctor to make the change!"

Innisc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "A little background: I’m a T1 diabetic who’s successfully used pens forever (last A1C was 6.3). I’m also a medical student and like to tinker with my prescriptions when I learn new stuff. So, I had high hopes when I learned about degludec and talked to my endo about it. Unfortunately, Tresiba just didn’t work for me – it caused wild swings in my daily sugars, almost as if it made me more sensitive to my rapid acting insulin (which doesn’t physiologically make sense, I know). For 3 1/2 weeks I tried all sorts of different things to get a handle on it, but the final straw was when I had to ask a quiz proctor for an excuse to go buy juice because I’d eaten all my glucose tablets (something I’ve never had to do in my life). Maybe with more time it would’ve calmed down, but I was so frustrated after the quiz incident that I immediately switched back to Lantus - and my sugars normalized immediately. I’m now on Toujeo and have had no problems. Every body is different."

LBishop (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes Mellitus: "Wonderful drug. Need less and have perfect even blood sugars once you are taking the correct amount."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "This insulin is trash! Does not control sugars at all. I was at a1c of 8.2 on Humulin n and regular R taken when required. I know that's not a great number, which is why I switched to Tresiba at my doctors advising. First batch was ok. But the last 2 batches I've used, I've experienced completely out of whack, uncontrolled, unpredictable blood glucose. Actually came here to see if maybe there had been a recall on the drug, because it doesn't seem to be working at all. Is the revenue from the diabetic population not feeding healthcare enough? Need to pump up the economy by creating a bunch of side effects of the disease (which is actually a result of failed drugs big pharma creates)."

Ihatethisdisease December 30, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I been a Type 2 for 15 years. I have been of Tresiba for 6 months. I have gained 25 lbs in the first two months of using Tresiba. I exercise daily and I watch my diet... I take Tresiba first thing in the morning... Around 60 units... My BGL readings before breakfast could be around 130 to 150... For breakfast in the morning consist of 3 eggs Bacon and a slice of Honey Wheat Bread with butter... The Carbs per slice is 13 Cards... At noon when I check my sugar levels my BGL is up over 200. I'm lost when it come to insulin. I have had serious reactions to other forms of insulin. Tresiba was my only hope and it doesn't look good."

Grandpa65 December 9, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Definitely the best long-acting insulin I've ever taken, by far. I have been type 1 since 1991 (though I do not remember that far back because I was very young) and have been on Ultra Lente, Levemir, Lantus and Toujeo. I started taking Tresiba in late June. My A1C tanked from 7.5% in June (I destroyed my foot in April so this might really have been closer to 6.8 or 6.9% if I had been able to exercise) to 6.3% in September. I will say that I had more lows than I'd like to have early on, but it's just an adjustment I had to make. I have far fewer 250+ readings than I have ever had, and many more periods of 8-9 hours where my blood sugar does not move at all, where it sits between 80 and 85 or such like. One week I ran an average of 102."

ElHombre December 7, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I very much wanted this insulin to be great, but as usual, the pharmaceutical companies failed again. This insulin seemed at first to eliminate the dawn phenomenon I experienced taking humulin n, lantus, levemir. But now, I can't seem to get any balance to occur no matter what I do! It's completely unpredictable. I've had a 500+ fasting blood glucose, after going asleep at a decent 140 the night before. Or wake up at 6 am at 100, take my daily dose, not eat, and be 350 by noon. The drastic blood glucose swings on this are extremely frustrating. All the money big pharma makes on this med you'd think they could improve lives, ha! Guess I'll go back to humulin n. Lantus kills my back, and burns. Levemir gives me yeast infections."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took this medication for 4 weeks. I was on Lantus prior. I got a headache which I thought would go away, however it didn't. I became bloated and started getting flu like symptoms. Only wanted to sleep, and felt I couldn't even walk to the mail box. I thought I was dying. I finally realized it must be the new Insulin. I stopped, and told my doctor I wanted to return to the Lantus. She agreed. I am slowly beginning to feel better, but it has been two weeks, and I'm still not back to my old self. This is a terrible drug. I also gained 6 pounds on top of everything else. How could this drug ever get approval?"

Shaffee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "So delighted that Tresiba immediately helped my dawn phenomena. So many years of morning highs on Levemir. Wow.Then disaster struck . Bad bloating , nausea and dizziness plus weight gain. The insulin nurse said ‘she doubts it’s the insulin’ and not to go back to the other one if it’s working’. After googling side effects I think it maybe the cause so I will rebel and see what happens."

Sugarlump84 November 15, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been diabetic since 2001. Was on oral meds till 2007 and then was put on Insulin (Humalog and Lantus). CVS-Caremark stopped covering Lantus and so in March 2017 I switched to Tresiba. My A1C improved dramatically. My last reading was 6.5 which is a number I have not seen in a long time. I also find that taking the shot is easier (I always felt a burn with Lantus). I am glad CVS forced my endo to change my insulin."

Shyll Subra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood sugar has dropped and stabiluzed with Tresiba. I had a reading of 91 before coffee yesterday. I feel better and think this is a great breakthrough for me."

Rjgnation (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood glucose was under control with readings around 100. I was taking long acting insulin twice a day and short acting 3 times a day. My doc insisted I switch to tresiba (50u). My appetite has increased, especially craving for carbs. My fasting morning blood glucose is often over 200"

pegleggreg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I have been diabetic for about 50 years. Forty of those years I used Regular and NPH insulin. I never had any problems at all. My A1c readings were in the mid 6's most of the time. A new doctor comes along and wants all her diabetics to conform to textbook examples. She decided my insulins were old fashioned and outdated. She changes me over to Tresiba. After a couple weeks my sugar would drop around 100 to 200 points from midnight to about 8 in the morning. I have to make sure my sugar is above 225 at midnight to not wake with a 40 or 50. I was 320 once and 8 hours later it was 84. This stuff is scary."

TimBo266 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine is not for me it swells my face and hands unbelievable"

maefchisolm (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Tresiba for about 2 months however 9 days ago started with horrible diarrhea Lower abdominal pain nausea with vomiting my doctor wants me to stay on this stuff "

Lonwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had been using Lantus, but was switched to Tresiba with Humalog Quikpen. I was achieving the control I desired after a bout of highs prior to the change. However, it seemed that I was having severe hay fever with a lot of mucus, and then got what we believed was the flu. After a doctor visit, instead of going home we ended up in the ER with severe chest pains that ultimately was diagnosed as congestive heart failure. Meds were prescribed, but I was getting worse until I stopped using the Tresiba and went back to Lantus. Improvement was slow, but each day was a bit better. Other mucus issues are also drying up. It took 4 months for congestive heart failure to occur, so the slow reversal seems logical too."

Flyin Miller July 3, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I have been on tresiba since June of 2015. After a couple weeks I adjusted fine to tresiba and love it. However in September of 2015 I began to develop stomach problems. At first I didn't think anything of it, however it has only become worse over time. I had a colonoscopy done in June of 2016. Dr found nothing wrong. Also had a MRI done later last summer in which I had to drink a dye. Once again found nothing wrong. June of this year I had a upper endoscopy and once again nothing was found. I feel like my stomach is going to explode. And I feel nauseous, however have never thrown up. Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems."

John Reich (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1: "I have been on Tresiba about 6 to 7 months and have gained about 10 pounds. Mostly in my gut area, love handles and biceps. I have keep my weight in good range by running 5 days a week, but now I am starting to look and feel bloated all the time. I do like the fact that I am not profusely sweating like Lantus did to me. What is a diabetic to do? I can't lower the basal any more I take about 10 to 11 units and use 2 doses. I take 7 units in morning and 3 to 4 units at 8:30 PM"

camt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have not seen Tresiba do much of anything. I was on Lantus @ 60 units 2 sX daily, along with Metformin 1000mg 2 X daily and Victoza 1.8 mg 1 X. I switched from Lantus to Tresiba @ 70 units daily, maintaining my other meds. My morning readings sky rocketed from 85-140 to 275- 340. My diet stayed basically the same. Over a period of 4 to 6 wks, I increased the Tresiba slowly and am now up to 110 units daily. NO CHANGE !!! THIS IS CRAZY. I'm going to try one more increase to 120 units. I had to stop Lantus b/c my ins comp (PPG / CVS- Caremark) decided not to cover Lantus."

Big Bull (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "The person from the company Nov nordisk supplied me the damaged pen and when ever I asked them to look into it to get me a replacement they don't respond "

Mohit Srivastava May 15, 2017