User Reviews for Insulin degludec systemic

Diabetes, Type 1
4.6

Summary of Insulin degludec reviews 5.1 79 reviews

Reviews for Insulin degludec

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My Endo who is a PA not even a MD. Prescribed Tresiba to me, I took the Triseba for about 2 weeks. I noticed I was getting headaches every day, dry mouth, constant thirst, stomach cramps, IBS symptoms such as bloating and the runs and slightly blurred vision. Well the other day I went into see the PA / endo guy, I told him I quit taking the Tresiba and that I re started taking my Lantus. 2 x a day... OMG he got so angry and upset that he up and walked out of the room when I was talking to him during mid sentence. He actually said If you aren't going to do things " MY WAY" then there is no use for you to see me. Thats right. I am going to look around this week for a new Endo. That kind of attitude is highly un professional..... I explained to him that I was not going to take a medication that causes me painful side affects . No I'll Never take Tresiba again...."

jsc February 4, 2019

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Before Tresiba I was taking 2000 mgs Metformin daily and Trulicity injections weekly. My A1C was consistently 9+. I am currently on Tresiba 10 units daily (started 1/15/2019) along with the 2000 mgs of Metformin and off the Trulicity. My numbers are now consistently under 200. I have lost weight and am feeling MUCH better. Can't wait to see what my A1C is!"

Mama Bear (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My Endo gave me samples of Tresiba to try, and I used it for a little over a month. Adverse symptoms included dense brain fog, feeling like I had the flu for weeks on end, and one brief/mild episode of hives on day 12 that benadryl knocked out, and they didn't return. My biggest complaint was the incredibly volatile sugar levels. I use a Dexcom, and it was sending out fast rise/drop alarms 2-3 times an hour - up, up, down, up, down, down. It was exhausting. Endo adjusted the dose several times (3 days between each switch), but nothing helped. One thing I didn't try was splitting the dose over 12 hours, but have read where others have had some success with that. I just couldn't get level, even after 2 days of going completely carb free. I went back to Levemir and within 12 hours felt most symptoms alleviate, and in 24 hours, was back to 100%. I'm really glad I had the chance to try it, but may be allergic to it, so won't be going back."

Cee December 30, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Since starting this insulin about two years ago I've been to the ER at least 4 times with severe stomach pain. Had CAT scans. Full work up and they couldn't find anything wrong. Never had these issues before I started taking this medication. Going to switch to a different insulin. Bad insulin. AVOID"

Joe December 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication is awful for me, itching, cramps, sore legs. I am returning to Levemir. Do not take this medication"

dede1953 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I’ve been on tresiba for just under a week (made the switch from levemir) and have mixed feelings. Although it’s still early days in terms of fine tuning the dose, I feel like it would probably be a great option in terms of enabling more consistent and lower blood glucose levels. HOWEVER, since day 3 I have felt absolutely dreadful. I have had chronic diarrhoea, that just doesn’t seem to go away. Awful agony stomach pains. I’ve felt exhausted, far beyond what I’ve ever felt before. To the point where I feel like I could sleep 24/7. And I’ve felt breath-less for no reason also. I really want tresiba to be a viable option for me, but unfortunately it looks like it’s the most likely cause of these symptoms. So I’ll be on the phone to my diabetes team tomorrow, looks like another switch will be necessary. Just hoping I’ll start to feel remotely normal soon!!"

Izzy (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My experience with Tresiba has been outstanding. After getting the type 2 diagnosis this year I was started on Lantus twice a day. After 3 months ac1 went from above 11 to 5.8 no lie. Got switched to Tresiba which was very difficult to get through insurance and now am at once a day steady 5.5-5.7. Once a day is great no burn on injection and I feel as normal as normal can be. My end dr. felt their was a lot more protective properties with tresiba and like the long lasting affects. My wife just got switched to a low dose and her numbers are coming down as well. Fantastic product."

chief Broady October 27, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "It's been a month now using Tresiba and I'm amazed at my results. Especially my overnight blood sugars. I utilize a Freestyle Libre flash blood glucose monitor and when I test in the middle of the night when I go to the washroom and then again when I wake up I can see that the graph is consistently flat throughout the night. I was on twice a day Lantus prior to this and my FGM would show me spiking at around 3am night after night. Not so with Tresiba. After 45 years of being a type 1 diab I am very happy that I decided to try this...so far. BTW the flash glucose monitoring I highly recommend too. My HgA1c went from 7.8 - 6.8 in just over 6 months b/c I can test as much as I want and know exactly what's happening all the time. Amazing advancements in my personal care thanks to these 2 products."

LongTermDiab October 24, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I have been a type 1 diabetic for 29 years...since 1989. I have been on nearly every insulin (think pig or bovine). My endo recommended the switch to Tresiba because it was “the poor man’s pump” nearly two years ago. I was made to believe I was ill in other ways (PCP and many test that were negative). My stomach hasn’t been right in two years. I watch my caloric intake like a hawk! I have gained weight, lost energy, and felt sicker than I have ever felt. I went from running half marathons to walking a few miles per week...this is THE connection. I appreciate those that validate your response to this medication. It may be different than others, but it has had a drastic negative effect on me."

Cando October 11, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started on tresiba and started off immediately by headache then dry scratchy throat then runny nose which ended up with respiratory infection. I have Cystic Fibrosis so cannot take anything that can lower my immunity so I stopped it and switched to something else. I only started taking tresiba because Insurance no longer covered my old medication. Along with that I gained 7 pounds in six days. After being off tresiba for 2 days the weight is gone and I’m feeling better. Don’t use if you have respiratory issues."

Lori (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My Dr. Prescribed this insulin call Tresiba because my A1C was around 7. I have been taking it about 2 weeks now and I feel horrible . I feel nauseous and my stomach feels bloated. Prior to this I was taking kombiglyze XR for 5 years but it wasn't keeping my a1c down enough , but I didn't have these nasty side effects (only loose stools but that didn't bother me because I can easily get constipated)"

Sulah (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My new doctor put me on Tresiba about a month ago (I was previously on Lantus) because she said it is the most stable long acting insulin. I have had T1D (type 1 diabetes) for over 4 years now and NEVER have I had so much trouble with my blood sugars. I have very good control (A1Cs range from 5.4-6.1, average blood sugar around 115-120 mg/dL), and while on this insulin my average was 148 mg/dL. I woke up low every morning, I'd lower the dose, then wake up high every morning. I started dreading meals because I knew I would have either an extreme low or extreme high afterward. I lost so many hours of sleep staying up trying to stabilize my blood sugar. I switched back to Lantus yesterday and already my blood sugars today have been 125 and 103 mg/dL today. So much more stable. Please steer clear of Tresiba. It's absolutely awful."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I'm so conflicted with my beloved Tresiba. I started it last year and my sugars have been amazing, especially the last few months. Went from 9 something to 7.2 and bet I'd still be or even in the 6's as of last month. Why am I conflicted? I've had debilitating stomach cramping, chronic diarrhea and nausea and other awful chronic problems (I noticed other people mentioned headaches and colds and I had those too). Been to Drs and everything comes back 'normal'. Despite my sugars, I am a wreck now, I realized the ONLY thing I've changed in my lifestyle is the Tresiba. I'm going on a week off it and don't know for certain yet, since my symptoms come and go (1 day I'm fine and next they're back) but I'm going to try to stick it out and see. As far as blood sugar control, I've woken up in the 3 and 400'sI'm when off of it. It definitely is a great insulin for my levels. Devastated if I need to find another one now but excited if my symptoms improve."

Ava_Adore (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I went to the doctor for a follow up on my blood work. Turns out my A1C was a 12. I’m a newly diagnosed diabetic and my doctor put me on Tresiba and Toujeo along with metformin and glimerpiride. At first I was given some samples of the tresiba and had to wait on the toujeo due to insurance cost. I had a little itching but it subsided. I have finally found the correct dose of tresiba and it works great so far along with my other diabetic medications. You just have to find the correct amount of insulin units unfortunately for your body."

Mike Honcho (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I am 34, and have been on many insulin’s over the past 21 years. A BIG problem on this insulin was I gained about 15 pounds on it. The most frustrating part for me was that my legs felt really REALLY SWOLLEN all the time. They were very tight and uncomfortable. It was as if the weight I had put on had gone to mostly my legs. I spoke with my doctor and she said that was a very common side effect on Tresiba due to it being a super long acting insulin. She also said I wasn’t the only patient who had complained of that. Anyways, I went off of it and went back on Levemir insulin. Levemir never made me gain weight and never made my legs feel tight. I just felt like I needed to give Tresiba a chance because it was new. If you’re reading this I hope it works for you - I couldn’t handle the side effects."

Nomie84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Tresiba for only 5 days - I cannot get my sugars to drop below 200 - they are actually more in the high 2s / low 3s. We are working with the dose - started at 20U (200U pen) and high all the time - now I'm on 26U - still high. The doc said give this 3 more days then increase to 32U. I am not having any other side effects. I was on metformin (took myself off that) and a pump which was not working very well. So I am hoping that once we get the dose figured out it will be worth it. I am also starting on Ozempic but have only had one dose so far. I'm trying to be optimistic - as I am really loving not having to wear a pump - honestly - this keeps me more honest - when I can dose for food - it gave me more freedom to cheat!"

PensGirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Tresiba is awesome. I was on multi pumps for the last 20 years with a with an A1c around 6.2-6.7 and a std dev of about 50 to now my A1C of 5.1-5.6 std dev of about 25-30. This is a magnificent drug. I keep flat most the day, its like a magnet want me to be in range. I take it first thing when I wake up."

Greatness (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been using lantus since I was first diagnosed as type one diabetic almost 6 years ago, but my doctor kept telling me to increase my nightly dosage. Eventually I was taking 16 units per night but kept having hypos during sleep and throughout the day. I'd go to sleep with a 320 and wake up with a 70. So my endo switched me to Tresiba. Tried it for a week and went back to Lantus. I was getting awful body pains and headaches, and then I found out my initial problems were because my Lantus dose was too high (I switched doctors at that point). Also, the whole point of me switching to tresiba was so I wouldn't crash at night. And what happened? I crashed at night."

SickName (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've had Type 1 for nearly 40 years. My endocrinologist recommended Tresiba to replace Lantus. I took it for one month. After 2 days, I saw no changes or improvements in blood glucose levels. As the fourth day approached, I figured the flu was why I had been having blood sugar fluctuations. After a week, I seemed to have stomach issues and nausea for days, and then I had headaches and blurred vision and felt like a trainwreck. After 2 weeks of symptoms, I began to wonder whether I even had the flu. After 3 weeks of symptoms, I decided to read the medical insert thoroughly, only to discover that these flu symptoms, blurred vision and dizziness, and stomach issues were all SIDE EFFECTS. I called the endo office and spoke with a doctor on call, who agreed that maybe I should just switch back to Lantus and see how I felt. I took Lantus that evening and felt better within 12-24 hours. My endo never called me back, so I won't see him again. Maybe he gets kick-backs to market this."

PA-Cat (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I am a type 1 diabetic for the last 22 years and was using lantus for 18-years and then my insurance wouldn't cover so I had tried Toujeo and it caused me to see spots so my endo doc tried Tresiba which it has been great my A1C went from 7.9 to 7.0 in 1-year and no more waking up with wet sheets from sweating like I did with Lantus. I'm thankful for my doctor trying it out on me."

one of three (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "So my doctor put me on Tresiba as metformin didn't agree with my system but worked. I was at a low does of Tresiba now I am at 45 units every evening but it just stopped working. It doesn't matter what I eat it can be low in the evening then after I take Tresiba it will be high for example took my blood sugar at night at 176 took the Tresiba at night woke up and my sugar was 222 and this is an ongoing battle. Clearly this is something that is not working for me at all."

mark (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on this medication for a little over a month. I began itching shortly after I started it. It controlled my sugar...but I have nearly went crazy itching!"

Ray (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I began using Tresiba shortly after Lantus. I had to switch because of my change in health insurance plans. I loved Lantus and had pretty regular blood sugar levels on it, but once I began using Tresiba my blood sugars would drop in the middle of the night. I have had some scary moments with it. I've gone to bed with a blood sugar of 220 (which I never did on Lantus) and then would wake up at 5am with a blood sugar of 30. It has caused some serious nighttime drops and only finally levels out by early afternoon. I do not recommend this product to any type 1'ers out there. My next try to will be Levemir or Basaglar."

26 y.o male (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Since December I have had to switch insulin 3 times due to insurance plan. I am experiencing UTI symptoms continually. My physician will not believe it is the Tresiba. Stopped taking the insulin yesterday and finally the UTI symptoms are receding. Anyone else have this problem?"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Tresiba (insulin degludec) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Tresiba for 4 days and already have a raging UTI. No one would admit that it could be the insulin, but found proof online that it is very common among older women with type 2 diabetes. I am stopping it immediately since it will probably become recurring. Anyone else have this problem with it?"

Betty Johnson (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018