User Reviews for Gleevec to treat Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor

Gleevec Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor.

Reviews for Gleevec

Batangueno Barako June 26, 2016

“In April of 2012, I was diagmosed to have GIST high grade by my Doctors. The tumor was resectable and it was removed immediately. My surgeon removed 80% of my stomach and I find it successful operation. My Oncologist prescribed Glivec (Imatinib) 100 mg x 4 tabs a day for two (2) years from August 24, 2012 to August 24, 2014.I had my PET Scan every six (6) months for the surveilance of possible tumor recurrence, PET scan was stopped in 2015 since the tumor did not recur until now. It was hard in the first 2 months since my skin had discoloration and allergies but I beat them all. I live a happy life with my family with prayers with the Lord above. Glivec is a wonderful cancer drug but it was so expensive. GOD SPEED.”

Steve Ingle March 5, 2015

“Apart from sluggishness and diarrhea, this has kept me alive for 10 years.”

rpavlow November 11, 2014

“Mom has been on this since 2003 and is stable, I am very happy.”

pmsmd · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 30, 2013

“I had a 5 cm Gastrointestinal Stroma Tumor removed from my stomach about a year ago and have been on Gleevec 400 mg since Nov. 2012. Main side effects are occasional muscle cramping that can be intense, mild periorbital edema, mild-moderate nausea. Most worrisome for me is a very low ANC (absolute neutrophil count) that is being closely monitored.”

Gist Survivor · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2013

“I am taking Gleevec after surgery, to remove 15ccmm tumor. It has been 7 months and I am tumor free. The main side effects of taking Gleevec has been abdominal bloating with pain, at times severe. I am able to handle the side effects for the most part, but when it becomes too much, I just reduce my dose for a few days until I feel better, normally or for two days a week. I was on Gleevec for 5 months prior to surgery. It didn't reduce the tumor, but it stop its growth and reduced the density considerably.”

marywelzen August 6, 2009

“After having surgery to remove my gastrointestinal stromal tumor one year ago, and having a CT scan every 3 months, I am NED (no evidence of disease), due to taking Gleevec. I only have one noticeable side of effect, occasional nausea.”

Learn more about Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)