User Reviews for Hydroquinone topical to treat Dermatological Disorders

Also known as: Alera, Hydroquinone and Sunscreen, Skin Lightening Complex, AMBI Fade, Esoterica, Glytone Skin Lightening, Esoterica Daytime, Esoterica Nighttime, Melquin HP, Alphaquin HP, EpiQuin Micro, Lustra-Ultra, Remergent HQ, Melquin, Obagi-C Rx System C-Therapy Night Cream, Melamin, Melamix, Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade, Neova Complex HQ Plus, LumaSilk, Obagi Condition and Enhance, Obagi Skin Lightening Complex, Skinprint Cleartone, NeoCeuticals Post-Acne Fade, Glytone Clarifying, NeoStrata HQ Skin Lightening, Obagi C Rx System C Clarifying Serum, Alustra, Recover Lightening Complex, SunVanish Cream, Eldopaque Forte, Eldoquin Forte, Nuquin HP, Eldoquin, Eldopaque, Melpaque HP, Blanche, Esoterica Sensitive Skin, Kaxm Exuviance Intense Lightening Complex Keido Kexm Complex HQ Plus Kutea Kuxm Melamin-C Hydro-Q …show all brand names

Hydroquinone topical has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Dermatological Disorders. 29% of those users who reviewed Hydroquinone topical reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Hydroquinone topical Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 2439 medications used in the treatment of Dermatological Disorders.

Fabienna · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

“I’m suffering of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation under eyes due to filler going through with the addition of three hyaluronidase injections to remove all filler present!!! My Oculoplastic advices me to start using hydroquinone, so to be honest the product from the first four uses start to reduce my dark spot but unfortunately I couldn’t keep on using it because of its side effects: redness, irritation, huge wrinkles, & my skin got thinner to the point that I can even see my veins!!! I don’t know if it’s related to the sensitive area I used it for!!! & every time I want to restart using it I face the same worse reaction!!!”

Spot · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2018

“I use the over-the-counter, 2% Skin Bleaching Cream made by Black&White; purchased on line from Walgreen's. I had a spot of corpis tinea (ringworm) on my upper buttock. It was cured, but left a red spot that persisted for a year. Two weeks of morning and night application, followed by another two weeks of once a day, it cleared my spot completely. I did have some irritation, but it dissipated quickly when I discontinued use. Currently, I am trying it for age spots on my hands. I have done a once daily application, for two weeks. The spots have lightened by about one-third.”

UberD · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2017

Melpaque HP (hydroquinone): “While hydroquinone active ingredient has been effective for me in the past, Melpaque from Stratus Pharma is a orange tinted cream. The tint is from iron oxide which is touted as the sunblock. However, unless you have the complexion of an Oompah Loompa, I'd recommend specifying that your pharmacy NOT choose this generic version to fill your prescription. In researching this cream, I found that the company has a questionable reputation. My prescription did not specify a tinted cream and I will try to return it.”

Anonymous July 10, 2009

“After only four applications of hydroquinone, I developed severe irritation, itching, rash and subsequent brown blotchy spots on my face. My dermatologist said it was not the cream, that I had just not noticed the brown spots before. I definitely had an allergic reaction. Perhaps I am a rare case, but suggest a test patch for everyone. Thank you.”

jbsilver May 30, 2011

“I've use products with Hydroquinone for years. I am currently using a brand with 3%. I have a condition called Hyperpigmentation. When I bathe I slough off more skin than most people do. This product removes enough to give the impression that I have beautiful skin and I am often complimented on my skins softness and smoothness. I still have darkness under the arms but not unsightly. My knees, elbows are very dark and my hands are the darker especially the middle joint of each finger and my knuckles. All not unsightly because I use this cream. I am 60 have been mistaken for much younger. I avoid the sun.”

Janie2 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 12, 2015

“I used the Obagi Nu Derm System for sun spots in 2007 and had amazing results, no one could believe my age, however because my face had a burning sensation while I was on my computer (weird) I decided to stop using it. Today 8 years later I still get the burning face sensation when I'm on the computer or driving my car during the day even with sunscreen on.”

Anonymous September 25, 2014

Melquin HP (hydroquinone): “I have only been using it a week. But it has made my age spots DARKER!!. Not sure if I should keep using it or not.”