User Reviews for Hydroquinone

Also known as: Aclaro, Aclaro PD, Alera, Alphaquin HP, Alustra, AMBI Fade, Blanche, Claripel, Complex HQ Plus, Eldopaque, Eldopaque Forte, Eldoquin, Eldoquin Forte, EpiQuin Micro, Esoterica, Esoterica Daytime, Esoterica Nighttime, Esoterica Sensitive Skin, Esoterica with Sunscreen, Exuviance Intense Lightening Complex, Glyquin, Glyquin-XM, Glytone Clarifying, Glytone Skin Lightening, Hydro-Q, Hydroquinone and Sunscreen, LumaSilk, Lustra, Lustra-AF, Lustra-Ultra, Melamin, Melamin-C, Melamix, Melanex, Melanol, Melpaque HP, Melquin, Melquin HP, Melquin-3, Nava-SC, NeoCeuticals Post-Acne Fade, NeoStrata HQ Skin Lightening, Neova Complex HQ Plus, Nuquin HP, Obagi C Rx System C Clarifying Serum, Obagi Condition and Enhance, Obagi Skin Lightening Complex, Obagi-C Rx System C-Therapy Night Cream, Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade, Recover Lightening Complex, Remergent HQ, Skin Lightening Complex, Skinprint Cleartone, Solaquin, Solaquin Forte, SunVanish Cream, Viquin Forte …show all brand names

Dermatological Disorders
3.6

Summary of Hydroquinone reviews 3.6 6 reviews

Reviews for Hydroquinone

For Dermatological Disorders: "I use the over-the-counter, 2% Skin Bleaching Cream made by Black&White; purchased on line from Walgreen's. I had a spot of corpis tinea (ringworm) on my upper buttock. It was cured, but left a red spot that persisted for a year. Two weeks of morning and night application, followed by another two weeks of once a day, it cleared my spot completely. I did have some irritation, but it dissipated quickly when I discontinued use. Currently, I am trying it for age spots on my hands. I have done a once daily application, for two weeks. The spots have lightened by about one-third."

Spot (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Melpaque HP (hydroquinone) for Dermatological Disorders: "While hydroquinone active ingredient has been effective for me in the past, Melpaque from Stratus Pharma is a orange tinted cream. The tint is from iron oxide which is touted as the sunblock. However, unless you have the complexion of an Oompah Loompa, I'd recommend specifying that your pharmacy NOT choose this generic version to fill your prescription. In researching this cream, I found that the company has a questionable reputation. My prescription did not specify a tinted cream and I will try to return it."

UberD (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Dermatological Disorders: "I used the Obagi Nu Derm System for sun spots in 2007 and had amazing results, no one could believe my age, however because my face had a burning sensation while I was on my computer (weird) I decided to stop using it. Today 8 years later I still get the burning face sensation when I'm on the computer or driving my car during the day even with sunscreen on."

Janie2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2015

Melquin HP (hydroquinone) for Dermatological Disorders: "I have only been using it a week. But it has made my age spots DARKER!!. Not sure if I should keep using it or not."

Anonymous September 25, 2014

For Dermatological Disorders: "I've use products with Hydroquinone for years. I am currently using a brand with 3%. I have a condition called Hyperpigmentation. When I bathe I slough off more skin than most people do. This product removes enough to give the impression that I have beautiful skin and I am often complimented on my skins softness and smoothness. I still have darkness under the arms but not unsightly. My knees, elbows are very dark and my hands are the darker especially the middle joint of each finger and my knuckles. All not unsightly because I use this cream. I am 60 have been mistaken for much younger. I avoid the sun."

jbsilver May 30, 2011

For Dermatological Disorders: "After only four applications of hydroquinone, I developed severe irritation, itching, rash and subsequent brown blotchy spots on my face. My dermatologist said it was not the cream, that I had just not noticed the brown spots before. I definitely had an allergic reaction. Perhaps I am a rare case, but suggest a test patch for everyone. Thank you."

Anonymous July 10, 2009