User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/irbesartan

Also known as: Avalide

High Blood Pressure 9.3

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/irbesartan

Rafael Davila · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 9, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I have a question. I am daily using Irbesartan combined with hydrochlorothiazide with good results, but some problems with diastolic pulse have appeared. For that reason my doctor prescribed me 20 mg of Nifedipine at night. My question is: If I have glaucoma is there some problem by using these drugs?”

JLucy · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2016

Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Well, to tell you the truth it works, great. I took it for several years until one day I went to have it filled and the pharmacist told me it had been removed from sales. Why, you ask? They said that it was found to make you more susceptible to some cancers. Imagine my surprise; I had just survived a cancer while taking this medication. Not sure if it is back on the market, but please do the homework.”

a nony mouse August 12, 2010

Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I've been taking it for a while now, and my blood pressure has dropped from 180/100 to an average of 138/70. I haven't lost a lot of weight (some, but not a lot) and my diet wasn't particularly unhealthy to begin with. (My BP trouble is about 80% genetic, 20% the extra weight I carry) I'm pretty sure it's the Avalide, so this is good stuff. I wish it were cheaper though; I don't have insurance, and I'm paying $100/month for it. ”

Anonymous June 23, 2010

Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was prescribed Avalide by my doctor. I have been taking it for 2 weeks. I feel better than I did with the lisinopril. I am not losing so much weight at one time and I can contribute to my weight loss with the help of the Avalide.”

Anonymous October 19, 2009

Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “When I first started to take the medication I felt a little lethargic but after a week my blood pressure fell to just above normal levels. I am a smoker and the medication still regulates my pressure to nearly normal levels.”

ssteve August 7, 2009

Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I had very high blood pressure for years. I had to take a physical for a new job in a couple of days so I went to my doctor, he gave me a 30 day supply. Just after taking 1 pill a day for two days I had perfect blood pressure even the doctor who gave me the physical was impressed where my blood pressure ranges were. It really works.”