User Reviews for Florinef

Florinef has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome  Off-label
8.4
Summary of Florinef reviews 8.4 5 reviews

Jay Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · June 25, 2019

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome "I have been "sick" as long as I can remember. I passed out for the first time when I was 14. I've always had the "I feel like I have the flu, and I'm dying symptoms". I did not have a good quality of life. I was diagnosed with POTS and NMH (Neurally Mediated Hypotension) in April of 2018 and immediately put on medicine. The first medicine have me awful side effects, so I was switched to Fludrocortisone. This medicine has changed my life. I can not live without feeling like I'm sick all the time. The only times I feel sick now are when I forget my medicine, or I go too long between meals. The only negative side effect is, I've gained 14 pounds so far, which sucks, but it's better than the alternative."

POTSie Girl · June 25, 2015

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome "I started taking florinef a few months ago and while I haven't noticed a difference, I believe it is keeping my symptoms from progressing. Before I went on it my body was on a downward fall but as soon as I started taking it everything was stable. It has made me gain about 5-10 pounds of water weight but it's not too bad. This drug along with my other medicine allows me to live my life better."

simplivin · December 20, 2009

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome "I developed a rash and after testing at the NY Medical College and Vanderbilt Center for Dysautonomias, we found my blood volume was not low (often the case with POTS patients) and the mechanism that florinef acts upon."

jlmc2016 · Taken for 10 years or more · March 4, 2016

"When I was in my early 20's I was always sick, weak-fainting-felt like a hangover or morning sickness 24/7 (even taking a shower was a huge event for me)....went through many test and other meds, until I started taking this. Worked great at stabilizing my body allowing me to live a normal life, no side effects really. Tried to wean myself off a few time, (or even if I forgot to take a pill), I would feel very very weak and short of breath, heart palpitation--kind of like a really bad hang over feeling. **side note--I had been on birth control since I was 18. Eventually I decided to stop taking BC (at 28 yrs old), and now have completely stopped taking Florinef...no struggle or signs of weakness/sickness. I am feeling great. It has been 1 mo"

KimC71 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 5, 2014

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome "Florinef has helped me out quite a bit. I'm not cured, but am better. I can walk up minor inclines without any problem. I am able to be up and active for longer periods of time."

Anonymous · August 10, 2010

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome "I have taken this medicine along with Toprol-XL for a few years and it has helped A LOT! I think this medicine paired with Toprol-XL is great!"