User Reviews for Felbamate systemic

Epilepsy
7.8

Summary of Felbamate reviews 8.1 10 reviews

Reviews for Felbamate

For Epilepsy: "Took 1 pill and after about 2 hours I went from being my normal happy self to suddenly feeling like I wanted to end my life. It terrified me! I called everyone I knew just to make sure I had people to check in on me in case I didn't make it through this to make sure my pets had plenty of care! I didn't care at all what happened to me, but my pets had to be safe. The only good thing I take from that was I At LEAST I still had compassion for other living creatures and I still cared for my babies. I've been looking around for similar side effects and have only found a few similar experiences so my situation seems rare, but if any of you take this and read this review, do MORE than I did. Get someplace where you're around people, preferably loved ones, and tell them your situation. I'm sure there are a lot of things you can do. I hope this doesn't happen anyone else. If it does, I hope you read this or another review like it so you know you will get through this and get someone around you."

eclecticartfromjenny (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Epilepsy: "So far it's been working good and I've been seizure free. My last medication was Depakote and that just didn't work at all I was having seizures at least once a week. Unlucky for me I experienced extreme side effects with felbamate such as insomnia, nausea, weight loss (which I don't mind too much) and weakness in the muscles. At first the drug kept me in a real surreal state of mind the first two months I was on it. I was at the highest dose and my doctor decided to lower it to help with the nausea and surrealism. Even after that food just doesn't look appetizing. It helped with the nausea but the surrealism comes around every now and then. So the drug itself is great but the side effects are just very extreme."

Roxyponcd February 3, 2017

Felbatol (felbamate) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: "Felbamate worked very well for my son. He was on the initial trial and has been on it for decades. I would never take him off of it. He uses it in combination with a couple of other drugs. Onfi did Not work and had side effects."

Lynne Y July 21, 2016

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Ineffective med that resulted in extreme weight loss and made cognition practically impossible so I did not pass my oral exam before nor was I even able to understand the questions my graduate committee members were asking. I got off of it at that point then went from a 28" waist back to a 32"."

stex (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2016

For Epilepsy: "Made me incredibly ill for first couple of weeks. Nothing else worked. But this did. No more grand mals. Seizure free, so long as I take the prescribed dose. There is the risk [blood tests a must for safety] and I take the max dose, so I take 6 600mg tablets a day and I am only 26/Female, so that can be annoying, but you got to do what you got to do. I also take vitamin supplements."

eva2 October 20, 2015

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Started taking Felbatol in October 1995. Until then had been on several medications, nothing would stop my seizures, not even a combinations of medicines. By April 1996 I was almost seizure free. For over 17 yrs I have been seizure free. No one, unless they have experienced this, can imagine the change in all of our lives."

yeteps October 12, 2013

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Caused severe insomnia for the first two weeks, which went away. No other side effects. Does require blood tests. Now 8 weeks seizure free, down from 20-25 month of complex partials and grand mals. A miracle, as long as you understand and accept the potential serious side effects."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Stopped My Seiures So Far & I Have Never Felt Better"

crazzydeexox January 14, 2011

For Epilepsy: "I have been taking Felbamate since November 1990 when I was in the Phase 111 investigational study. I have been completely seizure-free since April 1991. Although there have been serious side effects associated with this drug; I have not experienced any. My Doctor has ordered that I have an ALT, AST, and CBC, every 6 weeks. I also periodically have a B12 blood test. From what I understand I am in a small percentage of those patients who can tolerate this drug without the reported serious side effects. Therefore I would recommend that the patient be very cautious before beginning treatment. This drug has changed my life completely."

Anonymous May 12, 2010

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Paresthesia in hands and feet tremors."

bjmorgan23 June 2, 2009