User Reviews for Felbamate

Also known as: Felbatol

Learn more about Felbamate.

Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome 1 reviews 8 medications

Epilepsy 7 reviews 40 medications

8.5
Summary of Felbamate reviews 8 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Felbamate

Felbatol (felbamate) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: "Felbamate worked very well for my son. He was on the initial trial and has been on it for decades. I would never take him off of it. He uses it in combination with a couple of other drugs. Onfi did Not work and had side effects."

Lynne Y July 21, 2016

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Ineffective med that resulted in extreme weight loss and made cognition practically impossible so I did not pass my oral exam before nor was I even able to understand the questions my graduate committee members were asking. I got off of it at that point then went from a 28" waist back to a 32"."

stex (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2016

For Epilepsy: "Made me incredibly ill for first couple of weeks. Nothing else worked. But this did. No more grand mals. Seizure free, so long as I take the prescribed dose. There is the risk [blood tests a must for safety] and I take the max dose, so I take 6 600mg tablets a day and I am only 26/Female, so that can be annoying, but you got to do what you got to do. I also take vitamin supplements."

eva2 October 20, 2015

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Started taking Felbatol in October 1995. Until then had been on several medications, nothing would stop my seizures, not even a combinations of medicines. By April 1996 I was almost seizure free. For over 17 yrs I have been seizure free. No one, unless they have experienced this, can imagine the change in all of our lives."

yeteps October 12, 2013

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Caused severe insomnia for the first two weeks, which went away. No other side effects. Does require blood tests. Now 8 weeks seizure free, down from 20-25 month of complex partials and grand mals. A miracle, as long as you understand and accept the potential serious side effects."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Stopped My Seiures So Far & I Have Never Felt Better"

crazzydeexox January 14, 2011

For Epilepsy: "I have been taking Felbamate since November 1990 when I was in the Phase 111 investigational study. I have been completely seizure-free since April 1991. Although there have been serious side effects associated with this drug; I have not experienced any. My Doctor has ordered that I have an ALT, AST, and CBC, every 6 weeks. I also periodically have a B12 blood test. From what I understand I am in a small percentage of those patients who can tolerate this drug without the reported serious side effects. Therefore I would recommend that the patient be very cautious before beginning treatment. This drug has changed my life completely."

Anonymous May 12, 2010

Felbatol (felbamate) for Epilepsy: "Paresthesia in hands and feet tremors."

bjmorgan23 June 2, 2009