User Reviews for Uloric

Gout 26 reviews 8 medications

8.9
Summary of Uloric reviews 26 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Uloric

For Gout "Over priced medications Probably government sponsored at tax payers expense and then billed for profit.... Should be 5 bucks for 30 days."

Anonymous July 7, 2016

For Gout "Was diagnosed with Chronic Gout in early 2013 after over a decade of periodic attacks - Suffered for 3 straight months when subscribed Uloric - As one should be "gout free" for some weeks before taking - having Chronic gout wasn't possible - so started off along with Cochicine - Over 2 years later - Have never had another gout attack - and best of all - I can eat/drink whatever I want again (Even Shrimp and Beer that were the worst causes for attacks). My doctor commented he has never seen such dramatic drop in Uric acid levels in my blood tests (although not many patients he has uses it due to the cost - not all insurance companies may cover). No side affects that seem apparent. Life changing for the better!"

Shadowmark (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2016

For Gout "I was taking Uloric for a little over a year, with excellent results. The downside was the co-pay was around $70 a month to start. In a little over a year, the co-pay was increased several times; today, the co-pay is over $300! I discontinued taking Uloric simply because I could no longer afford the out-of-pocket co-pay. By the way, I have an excellent supplemental insurance plan that covers only drugs. Having had a kidney transplant six months ago, I'll be taking two immunosuppressant drugs (Cellcept and Prograf) for the rest of my life. The co-payment for these two drugs is not cheap, but even combined, their co-pays are much less than for Uloric. This is just another example how pharmaceutical companies gouge consumers."

MedMan175 May 15, 2016

For Gout "First time I got Gout I was 14 then never had it again till I turned 40. 1 attack a year led to 2 then 3 and 4. The pain got worse every attack. I went on Allopuranol 3 years ago and it brought my Uric acid down to below 3 but the side effects were starting to bother me. I went off it for a year and the attacks started up again. I went on Uloric 80 mg a day 2 months ago and it's a life changing solution. No side effect and and no attacks. What more can I say."

Q4 May 8, 2016

For Gout "I've had gout and now tophus gout for 13 years. My UA is normally 10.8. With Uloric, Probenecid, and Colcrys - the combination of all three meds brings the UA down to 4.8 - great for getting rid of the tophi. Having a lot of insurance problems as they will not approve Uloric. They keep saying that they have not received the doctor's faxes - though we have proof that they have received them, etc. so much for coverage of the elderly."

DocEagle (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2016

For Gout "Started taking 3 days ago. Pain left my fingers for the most part and went straight to my toe. Hurts big time. Taking 40 dose daily. According to Uloric web page, it may get worse at first.......well...... gout is much worse. Patiently waiting and praying. NO INSURANCE COVERAGE."

KSVJ (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Gout "Still have short flareups of gout but less painful and pain only lasts a few hours"

motel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

For Gout "Yellowing of skin Hair loss Severe hives"

John may October 14, 2015

For Gout "Suffered for 10 years. Uloric a life changing drug. No flares for the last 5 years. One 40mg tab allows me to eat and drink anything I want. Blessed with Cadillac health coverage, 90 day supply only $15.00. Would gladly pay anything for this type of relief. Tophi build ups completely dissolved."

Mci August 16, 2015

For Gout "Started taking uloric after allopurinol gave me neuropothy in my feet and kept me up at night. First drug to get uric acid below 6...so happy doctor. I'm 65 and have only had 2 major gout attacks and never want to experience that again. The expense has driven my drug costs into the "donut hole" and can't use the discount card due to the many restrictions. Way to expensive but don't want gout again."

Westie0506 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2015

For Gout "Suffered for a few years with painful gout attacks. Tried a few different things but nothing really worked for me. A doctor had a trial bottle of Uloric 80mg and it changed my life. It did take a couple of months before it brought my uric acid levels down and the attacks stopped. In fact it was probably worse for the first month. But I stuck with it and turned the corner. I can now enjoy all the foods I used to eat without the consequence."

Rider Pride March 6, 2015

For Gout "Worked well, had attacks 4-6 times a year, bad ones. Haven't had an attack in 2 years but really messed with my mind. My dreams became so vivid and colorful, fall asleep too quickly now. Hard to wake up. Starting to worry about memory loss so am going to switch out for awhile. (doctor agreed)"

Anonymous February 26, 2015

For Gout "Expensive but worth it! My uric acid was in the 9-10 range and I was having several severe gout attacks every year. I tried allopurinol but didn't work, so started on Uloric 40mg about 6 months ago. Had a few minor attacks during the first 5 months, but since then I can eat or drink anything and doesn't cause any flashes. Doctors office just called and the uric acid level was 4.8."

Gary E January 7, 2015

For Gout "I rarely had gout flare ups despite having high levels for 10 years, I couldn't take the allopurinol, and when I started having small more frequent flare ups my doctor urged me to try Uloric, warning me that I was damaging my joints even if I wasn't having flare ups. The first 4 months on it I had probably 7 flare ups, more than I had ever had before, but my levels were low. Finally after 6 months they stopped and I have had zero issues for months. I think that what happens is that you build up crystals in your joints over the years if you don't treat your gout, then when you go on this medicine your levels drop so fast that the crystals dissolve and fall out into your joints. Stick with it, it's worth it. Not sure what it costs."

Dave E (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2014

For Gout "Uloric been awesome for me since it came out in Feb, 2009. Started with 40 mg and had small attacks like every two months or so. Went to 80 mg and have had no attacks. I did run a gout fever cold/sweat/shakes which my Dr. Gave me a shot for. I might have a light rash on my lower leg from Uloric but it's well worth it, I can bowl in league and no worries of attack popping up next day."

Lotz February 26, 2014

For Gout "I donated a kidney in 2004 and was diagnosed with my first gout attack in January 2014. My Dr advised me of all the possible medications I am able to take for the attacks and for long term maintenance. The ONLY long term medicines I can take because of the kidney donation was Uloric. I've been taking it for about a month with a low dosage of Colchicine (unsure of spelling). It has been working and I personally have not experienced any side effects at all. With major diet adjustments and the medication my uric acid level dropped 5 points during that month. I am trying my best to continue taking what is my only option but the cost is very high even with my benefits. Looking for some answers as to options. Much appreciate the help."

Frank P. February 15, 2014

For Gout "I have had Gout since I was 23, I am now 48. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. My body would not accept Allapurinol no matter how long I stayed on it, it caused bad flare ups. Uloric has been a Godsend! I almost forgot what it was like not to be in bad pain everyday. My uric acid level is now down below 6 and I take 40 mg of Uloric daily. I reccomend Uloric to anyone that has gout. A truly great medicine that is priceless to me."

Redbrick (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2013

For Gout "I have had the gout since I was 26, am now 73. I took allipuronol 300mg for many years (it worked). My doctor has changed me to Uloric 40 for about 6 months and have had no side effects, my blood tests are well in range. I am very pleased with this."

RED HOCHMUTH August 13, 2013

For Gout "I've been on Uloric for about 3 years now. Have NOT had 1 flare-up since, and it's also lowered my uric acid level in my blood. I've been on the A & C meds for gout and they did nothing to help. Uloric is a miracle in my opinion. Very happy with it. They also have a discount coupon for it, which will lower what you pay for it."

BB Oregon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2013

For Gout "I started 80mg Uloric about 4 weeks ago just to lower my Uric Acid level which was over 10. I had no symptoms - within two weeks my uric acid level was around 5.5 which is great, however, I had a flare up and it has not gone away for the past two weeks. I am on Indomethacin and Prednisone, it helps (but I was just told not to take them together) - but the Indomethacin is hard on the stomach. It is expensive but the makers of Uloric do have a coupon that helps with the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2012

For Gout "I have taken Uloric for about 2 years now and has done very well at controlling my gout. I originally started with the 40mg pills but still had minor attacks about once a month. My doctor increased my dosage to the 80mg and I no longer have attacks. The price is way to high."

djebear November 18, 2011

For Gout "I have found Uloric (80mg) to be slightly less effective in controlling my gout symptoms than Allopurinol (300mg) and it is more expensive but it is good to have it as another alternative."

gouty October 2, 2011

For Gout "I have been using Uloric 40mg 1 x a day for just about 3 months. It has been working very well, but I was off it for two days and pain started up quickly again in my toe and hand joints. Went back on it and is working again. Colchicine works but the diarrhea is terrible. Also my uric acid level was just above 7.0 at start but now is very low and normal."

tboybmx July 8, 2010

For Gout "My mother has severe gout and has reactions to both apuranol and cholcine. She had to take predisone since she couldn't take the other medications. Since, she started taking Uloric it has controlled her gout without any side effects. Seems very effective and safe."

msgtb October 30, 2009

For Gout "I started using Uloric (40mg) on 8/18/09. My uric acid was 12.8. Blood work done 10/19 it was down to 6.9! BUT, I developed a rash on one side of my face; cutting back to 40mg every other day and using an ointment to see if the rash improves. Couldn't tolerate any of the other medicines available for gout."

hjr October 24, 2009