User Reviews for VyLibra

Birth Control 2.8

Reviews for VyLibra

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been taking VyLibra for about a month now and it’s been pretty unenjoyable. My stomach constantly is turning and I feel sick! Along with that it gets hard for me to sleep because of how hot my body is running and after research, birth control (especially this pill) regulates your body temperature differently. I’ve also been way more sensitive and triggered at everything and it really sucks. I don’t recommend this pill but it has done the job in being a birth control method for me other than the effects.”

Liz · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took Ortho-Tri Cyclen for years and loved it... until it stopped working. From then on I have jumped from birth control to birth control trying to find one that actually works for me. I have too much estrogen and struggle with acne, unnecessary moodiness, and depression. Tri-VyLibra seemed to be working just fine until I started having terrible chest pain. I have never had chest pain in my life until I took this birth control. I would not recommend taking it!”

666efx · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “Constant breakthrough bleeding!!! I’ve been on VyLibra since December and it’s currently April. I haven’t stopped spotting yet. I’m already an emotional/moody person and this exacerbated the issue. It’s made me very tearful and embarrassed due to continuous spotting. Breast soreness was incredibly painful as well.”

Doe · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I used this birth control pill VyLibra for 2 months. I spotted for a couple weeks during the first pack but that went away and I was having cramps every day. Then when I started the second pack I had constant pelvic pain, it was so bad that it hurt to the touch and would hurt when I’d do anything like laugh or cough. I also had really bad breast tenderness and nipple pain. I stopped it a couple weeks ago and my pelvic pain and cramps are gone, however I’m still having some breast tenderness. I didn’t get pregnant though.”

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control Tri Vylibra pill gave me MORE acne. I had an allergic reaction to the IUD so I switched to this. It was a huge plus that this was supposed to help make my acne go away, but it did the exact opposite. At the exact same time every month I would get extremely painful cysts on my face, even though I had never had cystic acne before. On top of that, I got smaller, equally painful pimples on my jaw and forehead. I did some googling and a few articles I read said it might get worse before it gets better, but it should improve after 3 months. At the end of month 4, I gave up and switched to Junel. Within a week my acne disappeared. Tri Vylibra works well for a lot of women, but it just didn’t work out for me. I didn’t get pregnant though!”

Devmoi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I agree with the comment that said take this pill with caution. While it did its job and I did not get pregnant, VyLibra led to a slew of dangerous health concerns for me. I experienced just about every side effect listed including migraine with an aura (I’ve never had migraines in my life), swelling in my feet, nausea, vaginal dryness/itching, chest pains, memory loss, blurred vision, mood swings, and more. In the time I started taking this pill, my blood pressure raised to above average. My husband and I recently moved to a new state and because I didn’t have insurance, I went to Planned Parenthood. The doctor there was very kind and she was highly troubled that a doctor would prescribe this pill knowing heart disease/heart attacks run in my family. Just to give some insight, I’m a little overweight (about 30 pounds) but I walk 2-3 miles every day. I’m 34 and up until this point, I’ve had very few health problems, never been hospitalized or seriously ill.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for not even a full packet and I’m already bleeding more than a normal breakthrough bleeding. I haven’t used the placebo pills yet either. This has to be one of the worst pills I’ve ever tried. I’m about 10x more moody and I want to scream constantly.”

Samkh · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “Please take with caution. I started this brand due to Ortho being discontinued and it’s given me full on panic attacks and anxiety. It’s gotten to a point that I’m picking unnecessary fights and getting super emotional over NOTHING. I have bad chest pains and I’m only on my 3rd pack. I don’t know if I can wait any longer for my body to adjust because it’s really starting to affect my relationships with my husband and family. I hope another brand can change this.”

Claudia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “Overall this birth control works. However the side effects are not worth the protection. I am an emotional person already but on this BC I was crying constantly. Nausea was common, especially before eating. Those two I could handle but the side effect that made this unbearable was vaginal dryness. I’m 19 and should not be suffering from that condition. It made sex painful and uncomfortable. I could usually use lube and it’d be okay but it made me even more emotional and embarrassed. I don’t recommend vylibra for that reason, but everyone reacts different.”

Meadow · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I take this in the afternoon before I go to bed and have never gotten pregnant. It can take 3 months to have your hormones stabilize around them so don't give up too soon. Of course my emotions go crazy sometimes and I get some acne (as to be expected of a 18 year old) my hormones would be so much worse if I got pregnant. Period has shortened to 5 days instead of 7, still get bad cramps, but again have gone a few years without getting pregnant. Btw, it was called something else before it's name changed a few months ago, so VyLibra is the generic of Ortho-Cyclen. I've gotten it for FREE through Planned Parenthood even though I don't have insurance, if you don't make enough money they can cover the cost. Oh and they don't tell your parents if you are getting it for periods.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “Please make Vylibra contraceptive pill your last resort if you’re looking for a birth control method. I was wrongfully prescribed this medication when I should’ve been prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen to start out and on top of that this gave me the worst anxiety/anxiety attacks I have ever had in my entire life to the point that I had to go in and get medication for the time being and I literally had to stop working until this got under control. This made me feel like I had the stomach flu for a week. Never again. I would rather have heavy painful periods than feel like this ever again”

Anonymous April 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is the worst birth control I have ever been on; tomorrow I am getting something else from my doctor. Aside from already suffering from pretty bad general anxiety, this has made things out of this world terrible. I have been really stressed with life but I have never really dealt with full on panic attacks before this pill. I had 4-5 within the matter of a week and I know it’s the birth control. I have been so nauseous even water makes me wanna gag. I feel like a nut case because I can only go a couple hours without crying a day. Definitely would rather just wear a condom and deal with cramps over this rubbish. The only reason I went on this was due to the fact that Ortho Tri Cyclen was discontinued. I might just go back to the depo shot since Ortho was the only thing that worked for me. I have only been on this pill for one month and it has been completely awful I had to quit my new job bc I would just start breaking down and freaking out every hour.”

Anonymous February 5, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've always struggled with acne which is why I tried birth control for the first time. This is my third week on these pills and I've been breaking out with painful cysts. I've been crying for little things and have been having constant mood swings..I just hope my acne doesn't get worse and the pills will do what they were suppose to do!”