User Reviews for Tri Femynor to treat Birth Control

Tri Femynor has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 50% of those users who reviewed Tri Femynor reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Tri Femynor Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

“I know every person researching birth control has heard this 100 times, but whether or not a pill works for you depends on your body!!!!! I have been on two pills before, and they gave me intolerable mood swings that sent me into depression (and uncontrollable crying spells!). Tri-Femynor was my third go at birth control, and luckily, it has worked for me so far. The first night I took it at around 10 pm, and I woke up at 5 am to throw up. However, I didn't throw up again (I made sure to eat meals right before taking it), and the nausea wore off after about a week. Other than that, I have not experienced any other side effects, and my experience has been great!!! If you are looking for a good triphasic option, try this one, but always remember that everyone's body is different, and what works for me may not work for you. The trial-and-error process is certainly frustrating, but you will find the best option for you!!!”

c · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2021

“I've been taking tri femynor for about 2 years and I haven't noticed any huge changes. My period is always the last 4 days of my pill pack and is fairly light, with cramps that go away with advil. My skin didn't really change too much even though I was hoping it would help with my acne. I definitely think my boobs got bigger when I first started taking it but now I don't notice a difference. I haven't noticed anything with depression or anxiety which is good. Overall, a pretty positive experience. I could probably switch to a different one but it's not worth it to me because this one is fine enough.”

Far · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 30, 2021

“Honestly, everyone’s body and reactionsthat I read are different but I had NO side effects (10/10). In fact, after coming off of depo and going to tri feymnor I lost weight :) it does it’s job and doesn’t make me moody or irritable.”

LadyTruth · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2020

“This is the worst prescription I’ve ever taken. Originally I was prescribed Tri-Sprintec which I loved. I used it for a whole year and had no issues or side effects, clear skin which was nice. I moved states and my new pharmacy would not take my insurance so they tried to help me by giving me another medication which they offered at a discount although I still had to come out of pocket. I’ve only been on Tri-Femynor for two months and am experiencing the worst side effects. My skin is constantly broken out and irritated. I got the work sunburn on my face this summer. I’m constantly nauseous, suffering from bad headaches, feel anxious, depressed, and am extremely tired all the time. I would never suggest anyone take this medication.”

LG · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2018

“I started this for acne help. I used to take ortho tri cyclen (the brand name for this) in high school and I feel it helped with my acne at the time, but I was also taking antibiotics and using topical treatments. I started it up again a few months ago and was on it for 3 months and hated it. I was bloated/retained fluids, food cravings galore, it did help cramping but that was the only plus. I went off for 4 months and then started it again a week ago, wanting to see how my body would react this time and it’s been just as bad. Fluid retention, huge food cravings, my moods are all over the place. I never felt that it helped my acne and even if it did, the other side effects are not worth waiting for things to even out, if they ever would. I don’t recommend this or Ortho Tri Cyclen since that’s the brand name for this birth control.”

Gg September 23, 2020

“This was honestly the worst birth control pill after Sprintec (which I gained 25 lbs in 4 months on). I got off Sprintec in January and decided I wouldn’t use BC until I lost the weight which I did. I went back to my NP and told her my history with taking Sprintec and that I was ready for a new BC pill. she prescribed me Tri Femynor and within a week of taking it I experienced some of the worst symptoms: Constant nausea (to the point I thought I was pregnant) Vomiting Constipation Tender breasts Bloating Insane cravings Mood swings and depression Changes to my libido I thought I was pregnant and took a pregnancy test every week just to be sure. After three weeks on Tri Femynor I started the sugar pills and got my period. At this point I am not going to take these pills again. The level of hormones and the fact that they are triphasic doesn’t bode well with my body. I prefer monophasic pills with low level of hormones.”

Byth · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 4, 2021

“I’ve been taking this for almost 6 years. It’s always worked well for me. Some peoples bodies work differently, so I’m sure the people who have had bad experiences are being honest, but that’s not my case. The other issues I’ve had is dry skin and I still get bad cramps and mood swings. Period is always regular and lasts 4-5 days. I do have nausea occasionally. And I had an ovarian cyst rupture on this pill and did ovulate once as far as I’m aware, even though the pill should prevent that. It’s done well preventing pregnancy, though.”

Pizza face · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2018

“Was on orthotricyclin for birth control AND acne. This DOES NOT help acne people!!!!!! Very disappointed!”

More about Tri Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate)

Other brands