User Reviews for Junel 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
5.5

kay · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “Junel 1.5/30 has been working really well for me for over 3 years. I hardly ever get a period (1-2 times a year max) and I never experience cramping anymore. Also I haven't gotten pregnant so I know it's working! I know everyone is different but this pill has been perfect for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2017

For Birth Control: “I do not recommend this pill for anyone in June I started the pill I was only on the pill for 1 week and I collapsed out of nowhere so I went to the hospital and found out I had blood clots in my lungs. I have no history in my family of blood clots and I've never had blood clots before the hospital even said it was from the birth control now I'm on blood thinners for 6 months. Terrible medicine”

Allie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I took the Junel 1.5/30 contraceptive pill for 8 months and I would have to say that I was not satisfied. In fact, I was happy to switch to a different brand this month because the symptoms were so bad. Junel was the first pill I had ever taken and I would say the only things it helped me with were to stop pregnancy and regulation of my period . I started on the lower dose one and I actually increased my dosage to 1.5/30 thinking it would help the side effects, but it didn’t. I just regulated more. I originally went on the pill to help with acne and I would say it got slightly better, but I still got heavy breakouts 2 weeks before my period. The worst part I would have to say, though, were the mood swings. Before birth control, I was NEVER a moody person. This pill caused me to have terrible mood swings to the point of having bad thoughts and being enraged at minuscule things. This pill also enhanced my anxiety when I was on the lower dose as well. Overall, I would say this pill did not work for me, but maybe it will work for some of you.”

aimeeshanice March 26, 2011

For Birth Control: “I've taken this medication for 8 months and i am satisfied. I mean just about as satisfied as can be with birth control. Personally no matter what birth control I have been on, I have always experienced a lower sex drive but I guess that's just a sacrifice I've learned to live with but other than that my body reacted very well to it. No noticeable weight gain, and no mood swings and it definitely helped with cramps.”

Rara_iv · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 19, 2015

For Birth Control: “I rate this bc a 5 because right now I'm not sure what's going on. I started on Aug 30 first day of my period on a Sunday. In between then and now haven't noticed too many side effects other than feeling sensitive. There's only 21 days on the pack my period last about 6 days once I started. Its the end of the pack and I started spotting early this week on A Monday the 15 and still bleeding and it's Saturday. It's light but of course it's not like my normal cycle. There's a lot of cramping. But I don't like that I haven't finished the pack and bleeding already so I'm just really unsure if I want to continue.”

Natg May 27, 2015

For Birth Control: “This would be my second month on Junel. I've been on Birth Control for about 10 years now. I changed due to spotting and increased mood swings with my previous birth control. Since the switch I have had shorter periods about 2-3 days, but I have gained major weight and increased appetite. I switched up my regular exercise routine and still have not managed to drop the extra 7 lbs ;(”

JM33 October 13, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: “I started taking Junel 1.5/30 this week because my normal prescription was out of stock. I felt fine at the beginning of the week. However, today after taking the medication with breakfast this morning, I felt sudden dizziness, chest pain, and shortness of breath. The dizziness stopped this morning, but I still have the a little bit of chest pain and shortness of breath. I am going back to the pharmacy, ask them to reorder my other prescription and I am making an appointment with my doctor in the morning. I want to stop taking birth control because of Junel.”

Candipaige1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've taken birth control for 20 years and never experienced spotting between periods until this brand. I'm going to request Microgestrin from now on.”

Mamabear1977 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was on this pill for 6 months possibly longer. I experienced mood swings and depression which I had never had before.”