User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin

Birth Control
6.7

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin reviews 6.7 619 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’m 22 and been on this birth control for a few months and I have had no major problems with it. No weight gain, my face is super clear, VERY light periods that last about 5 days! I’m writing this because there are so many negative reviews about this birth control when it just depends on your body since we’re all different! Only negative would be I do get a bit more moody but nothing major!"

LizaGarcia15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I have mixed feelings about Xulane. It did wonders for me regarding my functionality while being on my period. I used to bleed very heavily, feel very dizzy and lightheaded like I was going to pass out, vomit, and have awful cramps. That all went away when I started taking this. I also like how convenient it is. The patch stays on pretty well. But that is all I have to say that's good. It took about three months for my body to adjust, but I had excruciating headaches and spotting for two weeks straight at a time. The worst part of this are the awful mood swings I get. I don't feel like myself sometimes. I'll just be irrationally angry over the smallest things or have minor anxiety attacks. It killed my sex drive, which is the complete opposite of how I used to be, and it's starting to take a toll on my marriage. It all makes sense considering that the information packet that my pharmacy gave aid that IT CONTAINS MORE ESTROGEN THAN CERTAIN PILLS."

Marie September 30, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Have been on since October 2016. Started off well. Had 4 day periods. Over time I had weight gain about 20-30 lbs. Hot flashes and vaginal dryness/infections started to happen. I haven't gotten pregnant on it and it didn't effect my mood much which is impressive since I already have clinical depression. 6/10."

Skyelerblu (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I have been on Xulane for 3 weeks and while I have loved the convenience of the patch I had to take it of yesterday. With the first two patchs of the month I felt fine at first but experienced swollen and sore breasts. That I could handle. However, when I put the third patch of the month on I started experiencing nausea, anxiety, and dizzying headaches. I threw up everything I ate and when I wasn’t throwing up I was crying. I didn’t feel like myself and I didn’t know how to make myself feel better. I started taking xulane because I was having a period every other week. I’d rather do that that feel how I felt when I put on the third patch that day. Xulane while convenient is not for everyone."

Hauden September 18, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This is the best birth control EVER! I have a really hard time remembering to take normal (pill form) birth control, so this saved my freaking life. My periods are SO much better, my skin has cleared up. I'm less moody. SIS! I LOOK SO GOOD DUDE I'M LITERALLY GLOWING. MY BOOBS ARE SO PERKY. For me this is the only birth control option Plus I'm not pregnant so. seriously, try it out."

Haru September 16, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for : "Been on birth control to reduce the cramping and heavy periods following the birth of my 3rd child and tubal ligation. I’m 43, 5’3” and 130lbs. Started with nuvaring which worked great years ago for me but now I bled all the time with. Switched to pills but couldn’t remember to take them each month. Doc recommended patch. Been on it for about 6 wks. Goes on easy and is foolproof. No issues with it sliding/coming off. However, I notice my breasts ache nearly all month. I have headaches and a lot of neck tension/pain. I’ve gained about 7 lbs and am retaining a lot of water/am bloated. My anxiety is awful. Like a motor running in my chest and then intermittent episodes of depression ; crying, tearfulness and lethargy. Also agitation. It’s just awful for me. I’m going off it and back on the pill."

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I have been on the patch for maybe 5 months now, and I do like it because my cramps are not bad, my period is not as heavy or horrible as it use to be and I do not get pregnant on it. But I throw up a lot on the patch, it also increases my anxiety. I am miserable being on this type of birth control, I would not recommend this to anyone.."

kmb1111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I love Xulane. I have PMDD and/or bipolar and this patch has helped me tremendously. I literally used to cry 10-15 times a week and now I only cry when it’s appropriate. I have very sensitive skin so it does turn my skin red, but I just make sure to put it somewhere else next time and the redness goes away quickly. It is a little itchy but I’m used to it now. The best part of this is how hard it is to mess up! The worst part is I’ve been spotting for months - but all BC so far has done that for me."

Geo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I'll write another review on the Xulane patch, given I only put it on a few days ago. I'm 25, 120lbs, nonsmoker, healthy foodie. My doctor prescribed the Xulane patch due to my PMDD. So far, I've noticed that my skin has cleared up rapidly. My symptoms have massively lessened- usually I deal with bad migraines, heavy bleeding, chest tension, swelled breast, & dibilitating cramps before & during cycles. An hour prior to putting the patch on, I had a migraine. I noticed my new cycle was beginning, so I started it. The pain began fading off within an hour tops. Pain from cramps are barely there, haven't had swelling or aches so far, & the flow lightened up immediately. No itching, took a shower & it didn't budge one bit. My doctor DID talk to me about the risk of blood clots, which is also stated in the papers in the Xulane box. I'm not worried though. 10/10, hope the next review I write will be a great one."

HappyCatLady (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I do not recommend this patch to anyone with sensitive skin. I thought this maybe the next thing I tried after giving birth and not wanting to take the pills everyday. I placed this on my butt cheek and after one day, I noticed itchiness. I did not think of it much until 5 days later when I felt the area throbbing in pain and swollen. My skin had a bad allergic reaction to the patch and I took it off right away. Now I am still recovering from the area so please be aware of serious skin allergic reaction if you have sensitive skin."

Angelicious (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the Xulane Patch for 2 1/2 months now, but I just took it off this morning. When placing the patch, whichever butt cheek I would put it on, that leg would go numb for about an hour. I was having crazy mood swings. And every 1st patch of the box would cause me to throw up for a few days. The Xulane Patch is not for everyone."

Madi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This is one of the most dangerous forms of birth control on the market for people with depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. The anxiety it causes is unlike anything I’ve ever felt. I took it out of desperation after trying pill after pill. It was a horrible mistake. I was only on it for about 10 days. I ended up spending the next 48 hours alternating between crying and pacing my house, convinced I had become another person, terrified I had lost my mind. This medication should be taken off the market. Please do not risk using this if you have any sort of mental condition or have ever had any sort of anxiety-related issues."

Emily (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on it for 2 years. It doesn’t really bother me too much but the patch does come off often. It helps make my period lighter and no weight gain. Thinking about switching due to it coming off too often."

Gee August 14, 2018

For Birth Control: "I have been on Ortho Evra/Xulane patch since 2010 (8 years) Cons: headache after patch change and minimal spotting. Pros: only have to change patch weekly and it works!"

Alane (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 10, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I was on this patch in my twenties and went on it again after my second child was born. I have been back on it for 2 months. I suffer from migraines in general but being on this makes them last so much longer especially around the time I’m due for my period. I also have anxiety and this is also so much worse. I have also put on 5 pounds. I am feeling extremely depressed and I’m probably taking the patch off and switching."

Cancun August 10, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Awful contraception made me really ill dizzy and sick couldn't function its awful."

Amz (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Some reviews said that it comes off in the water but I have not had this happen. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap residue on the area before you put it on. Also, I always wipe the area clean with running alcohol before I apply to ensure a tight hold. And if I place it in my pelvic area I shave first, wipe with alcohol and press firmly. I go swimming all the time for hours at a time and it has never fallen off. I've had no side affects especially with my sex drive or vaginal lubrication. No headaches or nausea for me. I feel absolutely normal even with having hypothyroidism, which impacts different hormones, I don't feel any side affects. I always recommend this to my friends. It's much easier then remembering to take a pill and safer for me then an IUD. I say everyone should try it for themselves rather then be scared off my other people's bad experiences."

J.P.H.K (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I started Xulane about a year ago and while it did it’s job for the birth control aspect of it, it made me suffer in my relationship as I NEVER wanted to have sex. My libido was shot and my bodies natural lubrication system was gone. The thought of sex to me was appalling which is a complete 180 of what I was like. If I wasn’t in a relationship then I guess that would be okay but I am and we suffered because of that. I have been off Xulane for 2 weeks and feel so much better. It caused me to have constant mood swings and just never feel “right” I am switching back to the pill as it has less hormones and hopefully things will get better from here on out. I gave it a decent rating as it does prevent pregnancy (if you ever want to have sex lol)"

MC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I started on Xulane 2 weeks ago. I placed the initial patch on a Wednesday. First thing I noticed was itchiness around the site of placement. Just a mild irritation that eventually went away. Also, the 2nd thing I’ve noticed is breast tenderness and swelling. I am on my second week and my breasts are VERY sore to touch. They feel heavy and swollen. I’ve also had some itching on or around my breast. I’ve had some mild nausea as well. I like the convenience of only replacing it once a week. I went to the beach with mine on my lower abdomen. It stayed in place. I noticed it was coming up a bit when I got home, but it’s still on and flat as of right now. I was in the water a little over two hours. So, I think it held up pretty good. I have about 2 days until I change it again. I place it in a different spot every time like the instruction say to do. We’ll see how I feel when it’s cycle time. I haven’t noticed any mood swings as of present."

Joykam4eva August 5, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I tried the Ortho Evra patch after I'd had complications with another type of birth control. The first thing I noticed was the nausea, I felt everyday for the full 3 weeks I had it on. it was accompanied by hives that had me taking antihistamines like they were smarties and loss of energy probably from the antihistamine meds because they do cause drowsiness. I suffered through it until the fourth week when I had no patch and my skin was smooth and I felt inaugurated after that, putting up with the side effects became hard for me to do. I've taken my patch off early twice now because I'm unable to take the hives. "

Teetee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I was on the patch for two and a half years and I gained at least 20lbs... and my weight just keeps increasing. I’ve had really bad headaches before and after my period when I’m on the patch. The only good thing is that my acne is gone and I don’t have any cramps. But still I rather have those things then to gain that much weight. I’m now switching back on the pill. I think it really depends on your body. Everyone is different when it comes to side effects for birth control."

Maggie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This birth control sucked for me. First of all if you think about going swimming or anything just say forget the patch, it comes off. Then while I had been on this patch for almost a month I get very nausea and start gagging. It makes me have hot flashes and makes me very un easy."

Cookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I started using Xulane patches because I have such heavy & long periods & I never really liked the pill. The first two months were terrible I was bleeding so heavily & was cramping so bad. Eventually the bleeding stopped & my period came which was super light but still bad cramps. Now I’m back to spotting with stomach cramps & I've been on Xulane since May so I’m hoping my body adjusts soon. Haven’t gotten pregnant either but Im not having sex so lol. Besides the side effects I’ve never had problems with the application process & it never falls off as long as I place around my butt area. I would recommend to give it a try out though despite all the negative reviews."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've been on the patch for 3 weeks now, as soon as I started using it I felt a difference. I researched about the patch before I went to get on it but I didn't know I'd have so many side effects and for so long. For 3 weeks straight I've been feeling like I'm on my period sorta, horrible constant body cramping, very irritable. Nausea and dizziness also very sore breasts. I've been sleeping so much after taking this and still feel tired, I've been sleeping about 12 hours almost everyday. I've also noticed a bit of weight gain too. And I've been having mood swings, feeling depressed and unmotivated, I've been staying in bed mostly. I've only tried the pill and the patch. I'm forgetful for taking a pill everyday that's why I changed to the patch, I don't want to try anything else but I've been thinking about the depo shot. Maybe I should just wait and see if all the side effects will go away, it doesn't really seem worth it to me."

Fay (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I used depo shot before I changed to the patch due to the significant change in my sex drive. On depo shot I had no sex drive entirely. Then, the good side about the patch is that it's super convenient, and it got my sex drive back! However, I completely lost my appetite, and my mood swing was crazy. Also, as someone who had some depression history (even it was just minor), this patch got my depression back, which was horrifying! I was not able to sleep well, and feeling constantly sad, empty and under a lot of self hate. That's just not me! And it's been bothering my daily life and my work really really bad. Today I took the patch off and switched to the Nuva Ring as the doctor said the ring has less hormone. I hope Nuva Ring would make my depression stop..."

R (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...