User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin

Birth Control
6.7

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin reviews 6.7 597 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've been on the patch for 3 weeks now, as soon as I started using it I felt a difference. I researched about the patch before I went to get on it but I didn't know I'd have so many side effects and for so long. For 3 weeks straight I've been feeling like I'm on my period sorta, horrible constant body cramping, very irritable. Nausea and dizziness also very sore breasts. I've been sleeping so much after taking this and still feel tired, I've been sleeping about 12 hours almost everyday. I've also noticed a bit of weight gain too. And I've been having mood swings, feeling depressed and unmotivated, I've been staying in bed mostly. I've only tried the pill and the patch. I'm forgetful for taking a pill everyday that's why I changed to the patch, I don't want to try anything else but I've been thinking about the depo shot. Maybe I should just wait and see if all the side effects will go away, it doesn't really seem worth it to me."

Fay (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I used depo shot before I changed to the patch due to the significant change in my sex drive. On depo shot I had no sex drive entirely. Then, the good side about the patch is that it's super convenient, and it got my sex drive back! However, I completely lost my appetite, and my mood swing was crazy. Also, as someone who had some depression history (even it was just minor), this patch got my depression back, which was horrifying! I was not able to sleep well, and feeling constantly sad, empty and under a lot of self hate. That's just not me! And it's been bothering my daily life and my work really really bad. Today I took the patch off and switched to the Nuva Ring as the doctor said the ring has less hormone. I hope Nuva Ring would make my depression stop..."

R (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "So I've been on this patch for about a 3 1/2 weeks and I took it off to have my period a couple of days ago and I've had nothing but horrible anxiety. My body is so shaky and I thought it might just be my normal anxiety but this is the only change in my daily schedule so it's definitely the patch messing with me. And I really like it too but I cannot deal with how I feel. Any other recommendations would be wonderful."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the patch for 6 months. The birth control part is fine but I am having problems with it sticking. Some times they don’t stick and just peel off so I have to use another one and then I’m short a patch. They should make it where every third box has an extra. And since I’m having problems with my insurance I’m paying 120$ every month for my patches which is ridiculous. I just spent 120$ and one patch didn’t stick so today I have to get a whole new box just for one more patch to replace the one that wasn’t sticking. The price is stupid on these and the stickiness isn't the best but besides that I don’t have any issues."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I was unable to use this BC because I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive. Wish I could of tried it longer than 1 week."

Mimi87 July 2, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I recently went on birth control for the first time. My partner and I chose the Xulane patch for convenience. Being over 35 I was concerned about blood clots, but was told to "see what happens" after trying it. Thankfully I never encountered blood clots but I do wake up with headaches that sometimes last for two days, I have this weird vaginal odor, not fishy but just a weird smell and I've had problems with my throat. I still have my tonsils and so I get strep at the drop of a hat, but I've had it twice since starting the patch two months ago. Currently I don't have strep but I have nasty pus pockets on my tonsils. When reading other reviews I read that throat infections is a side effect of xulane. Xulane is convenient and a good form of birth control, but for me it's not worth the side effects that come from using it."

Teddybearlover (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the patch for a year and I love it. It is so easy to remember but recently my patch fell off and I couldn’t get it to stick back on. My normal patch changing days are Wednesday but it fell off on a Friday so I put a new one on Friday and that was about a month ago I’ve been bleeding ever since. I just took my 3rd patch off for my real period week so hopefully after this my body regulates again."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "It’s horrible!!! I’ve been on vacation and spent lots of time swimming, and the patch peeled off on the second day..... My period was extremely heavy after this. The patch affected my mood in a bad way. I was angry and irritated."

Oks (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I have been on the patch a little over 2 yrs. I loved it. But as more time kept on passing by, I notice that every time before my period I would get extreme headaches. I thought it was just ]to my hormones. But then on one check up the doctor said my blood pressure was high. She didn't do anything. She just said that if I didn't feel good to go to the ER"

Smiley June 13, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "At first I was sceptical about this, but it's actually been great. It's so easy, it sometimes feels too easy; you just put a sticker on and it's stops you getting pregnant. Before, my periods were so irregular, sometimes only having a week between them, sometimes having months. Now, they always come at exactly the same time to the hour. You can also put on an extra patch to postpone it for a week (any longer than that, I tend to get spotting, but some don't). The only side effect I had was a bit of breast tenderness, but that went away after a few months. The only downside is that it does get fluff attached to it, and it does leave some glue after you take it off, but I also put it somewhere hidden, so it doesn't really matter. Would definitely recommend this contraception."

Ant (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Been on Xulane for 6 months now and the only side effects were when I first used it and got a little nauseous. Made my periods so much lighter and overall has hardly changed me. I gained some weight but I don’t think it was related. 100% recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I switched from 5 years of using the pill to the patch due to a need in increased estrogen. Everything was going well. Except they say the patch will stay on with sweat, and most of the time it does, but also it rolled right off three hours after I worked out one time. I did not have any sex while on this medication. And the day before my period I got a mind splitting migraine, so now I'm exploring different options because I could not function, but it is easier to just stick a patch on once a week"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I'm on month one of Xulane, my last patch of the month. I love this method cause its so easy. BUT let me tell you, I get the craziest mood swings and my emotions are all over the place. There are days where I'm randomly sad over the silliest things or just don't want to deal with people, PMS but times ten! I get nausea here and there too, not too often but when i do it really sucks. My breasts are extemely tender, sometimes I'll wake up in the morning to my boobs feeling so heavy and sensitive. Also my appetite...I eat a lot! Now for my periods, I haven't gotten it but most of the time I feel like I'm on it, I'll get minor cramps or get bloated and fatigued. I will probably get off the patch which is unfortunate cause of how easy it is but its just not for me. I have every negative symptom."

Kenny May 23, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "No side effects. Sex drive still there, so far pretty good. I’ve only been on it for a month so I’ll seen how it works in a couple of months."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've tried many forms of birth control and this works the best for me. Pros: I can remember replacing it every week much better than taking a pill at the exact same time every day. My breasts have grown a full cup size, but they're incredibly sore and dense. I sleep on my side, so this isn't a huge problem. I don't have problems with skin irritation or the patch leaving sticky residue. I rub Bio-Oil on the area after removal. I stick them on my upper thigh and do not have problems with it peeling off, even after bathing, swimming or going to an outdoor sauna/spa. I have never gotten pregnant! No nausea or weight gain (experienced both of these on oral contraceptives). Cons: It leaves a ridiculous (lack of) tan if left on somewhere visible during the summer time! My periods have become unmanageably painful. I keep my patch on for 9 weeks+ at a time then take a 4 day break."

TryingNotToGetPreggo May 8, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Gave me high blood pressure and migraines after having been on it for about 2 years. Got off of it took about two months for my BP to regulate it finally did. Doc said it was due to the high amount of estrogen in it."

Horrible! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This is the worst thing I have done to my body. I have been on this patch for a year. The first few months I didn't notice any major side effects except for the itching. Then I start noticing that I was very irritated and anxious for no reason. Again didn't suspect that it was due to the patch. Now a year into it, I realised it s all due to this stupid patch. I had never been like this. The mood swings and irritation got so severe that I was becoming a completely different person. Constantly tired and depressed. Stay away from this patch. I DO Not recommend it."

Emy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "So I was originally on sprintec for 4 months last year and I hated it because of low libido and I felt like it was increasing my chances of getting yeast infection. I would get them every month. So I was scared to try the pill again. However once I became sexually active, I wanted to take all precaution so I decided to try the patch and I’ve been on it for 2 weeks going on 3 and it’s been pretty great. I would say I have a huge headache the first day but that could also be that I stupidly took plan B the same day. So a lot hormones was coursing through my body. I barely have any side effects. Sometimes I wonder if the patch is actually working because I don’t have any side effects. My sex drive seems to still be there which is great. My only thing is that, I’m noticing that I have more vaginal discharge. But other than that it’s great. Give it a try, you’ll never know."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I had the implant in my arm last year but I started to have long periods (7-10 days) and redness and tenderness at the implant site. I had it removed and started xulane in November 2017. I began to have very long periods that progressively became worse each month. To the point that as of Feb 12 I haven’t stopped bleeding. I also had extreme nausea and vomiting. I just had my doc put me on the pill 14 days ago. I’m still bleeding. This sucks..."

Bloody mess (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’m currently recovering from a life threatening illness this product chose not to share with us. The patch and the ring are more likely to give even the healthiest, youngest of women BLOOD CLOTS. Nobody warned me about this. I had just been released from the hospital lucky to be alive and being told less than 24 hours later I would have passed away BECAUSE OF MY BIRTH CONTROL. I have blood clots within my entire left leg and blood clots within my lungs. I feel lies told by not only this company but by my doctors as well because nobody warned me how likely I’m able to get a clot from THIS specific birth control. Take this garbage off the market and stop claiming lives. Do your research, you’ll see the damage this specific product as well as other birth controls have done."

Rebecca (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This is the worst patch ever! I’ve been on it for 2 weeks and I have these bad rashes on my skin where the patch was located. It itches sooooo bad!!! It doesn’t stick well! The words come off the patch once you touch it! I didn’t have these problems with my other brand!!!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I use to take Ortho Evra when I was younger and was completely fine on it. I thought I would have a similar experience on Xulane. I ended up with severe mood swings, depression, and anxiety, to the point of crying everyday for weeks. I had low libido, was tired all the time, my vision became blurry, I lost my appetite, I had severe headaches, and loss of balance. I’d wake up in the middle of the night from sweating so much. I tried to let my body get use to the high amount of hormones in this product but I couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t feel like myself and it was affecting my marriage. I am now making an appointment with my doctor to see what other options are out there. I’m happy this drug has worked for some of you ladies but I would be careful if it starts affecting your mental health like it did mine. I feel relieved not being on it anymore."

Juli (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve had a pretty good experience with Xulane. I’ve been using it about two years. The big thing I would say is that this pill has more estrogen in it than oral contraception which I believe is what causes the enhanced side effects. My patch day is Sunday and I do notice that on Sunday and Monday I tend to have headaches and nausea. My breasts hurt more all month so that can be irritating, but I have not had any weight gain and my moods are relatively even. It works as far as not getting pregnant as long as you use it correctly every time. I’m very paranoid about birth control so I change it at the same time every week and do a quick check through out the day to make sure it is still there. If used correctly, it’s just as effective as the pill and more so for me because I was notorious for missing days while on the pill. My periods come on time every month. I would say if you’re someone who has a hard time taking a pill every day, it’s worth a shot!"

Shelby April 16, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I used the patch and got an autoimmune disease called, drug induced lupus or chronic cutaneous lupus. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!!!"

Missy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've been on the Evra patches for almost 15 years. The first few times I used them was a bit trial and error with regards to staying in place and sticking to my clothes. Never had any problems with weight gain. I love how I know exactly what day I will start my period, which is a round 3 days after I've removed my patch and lasts for about 3/4 days, is a light period with no cramps or pains whatsoever. They are a natural part of life. Absolutely the best thing ever invented. Will be coming off them shortly due to getting sterilized. But they've honestly been a god send!"

Daisymay (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2018