User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin reviews 6.8 575 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norelgestromin

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I used the patch and got an autoimmune disease called, drug induced lupus or chronic cutaneous lupus. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!!!"

Missy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've been on the Evra patches for almost 15 years. The first few times I used them was a bit trial and error with regards to staying in place and sticking to my clothes. Never had any problems with weight gain. I love how I know exactly what day I will start my period, which is a round 3 days after I've removed my patch and lasts for about 3/4 days, is a light period with no cramps or pains whatsoever. They are a natural part of life. Absolutely the best thing ever invented. Will be coming off them shortly due to getting sterilized. But they've honestly been a god send!"

Daisymay (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Been on the patch about 2 months and so far so good. I had my tubes tied 7 years ago so I’m not really using it for the contraceptive. After getting my tubes tied, my periods were AWFUL!! Like between 7/8 heavy days every month! With the patch, it’s slowed down to about 4 days so no complaints on that side but I’m always EXTREMELY tired after changing my patch! Like I literally sleep all day on my change day! My breasts have definitely increased which isn’t a bad thing lol if they weren’t so sore all the time."

DNIQUED (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Before I explain my experience, let me first state that as long as you use this form of birth control correctly, it will work in preventing pregnancy. That being said, I did use this correctly for 4-5 months, and did not fall pregnant once. I did, however, have some unanticipated side effects; After the first 2-4 weeks, I experienced extreme mood swings, more facial breakouts in between periods, a 8-10 pound weight gain/bloat (did not change my diet), my breasts were incredibly swollen, and as a result, I went up a full cup size, intermittent cramping, and the worst of all was the nausea- it was every morning and night. I felt like I was pregnant for the last 3-4 months while on this birth control. I understand that my reaction may differ from others' reactions, so don't let this one bad review keep you from trying it out. It works for many women, but I am not included in that group. I just took off the patch, and anticipate going back to normal in the next 4-6 weeks. Good luck!"

Chelsea March 28, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I was surprised to see how many people reacted negatively to this birth control. Before I was prescribed Xulane, I was having bleeding between periods that was as heavy and painful as an actual period. My doctor said that this would help regulate my cycle. After the first month, I had no problems with spotting-so that was exciting! I am not sexually active, so I cannot speak to the effectiveness in preventing pregnancy. The first month of using the patch was not a huge deal. I had LOTS of tenderness in my breasts but they grew about a cup size so I was not complaining. I have had no weight gain, acne, etc. The only thing that I have been wondering about is the day I change my patch, I have noticed a little more irritability, but I am not sure if that is directly related to Xulane. Overall, I am SO happy with this birth control. I know exactly when/how long my periods will last and I can't remember the last time I had cramping!"

sw94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "It's itchy. Hard to hide, especially when you're a diver. A lot of ignorant people thought it was nicotine patch. Boobs grew like crazy. Periods came whenever they wanted regardless if the patch was on or off me. Very strong and quick emotions. Moody. I didn't notice the change in my temperament but others around me did. Wasn't sexually active on this birth control but I don't believe my libido changed during it. Wary on the protection against pregnancy."

Onna (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I really would not recommend for anyone with history of depression or bipolar disorder. It’s been about a week since I had to take it off, the side effects are too much for me. I’m too scared to sleep due to heightened anxiety. I’m experiencing the same things I did when I was very depressed, detached and afraid"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Little to no side effects apart from sore boobs the first 1 month with very slight (more annoying than painful) cramping After the first month, it has not been a problem at all! Have had it for 5 months now."

misssilk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "It’s an okay form of birth control, the convenience is good but I work out a lot and I sweat a lot due to the sauna and intensity. The patch does NOT hold up to intense sweat, it fell off after I performed my HIIT and I couldn’t stick it back on even after I dried the patch and my skin (however I was wearing it on my lower back..when I wear it on my torso, it sticks okay). Just fair warning, if you’re going to wear it in a hot climate area and you’re prone to sweat, the adhesive will lose it’s strength. I don’t recommend this for those with active lifestyles...otherwise, seemed like a good idea, just not for me I suppose. Also, the first day you will experience nausea and dizziness as your body begins to absorb the hormones. I tried wearing this patch twice (new patches each time) with no success or reliability...hope this helped some of you."

caligal (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've only been on the patch for 2 days and I’m already annoyed. I've gone through 3 patches already because they’ve either creased or began to peel off which I don’t trust. Even worse the sticky from the patch stuck on to my skin and fluff clothes stuck onto it, leaving a black mark which is impossible to get off. Will definitely be trying out something else"

Navy (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "So far so good "

Bb (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I was on othro evra for 6 years and with Xulane for about 3 years or so . I’m 23 and I really don’t have any complaints . I haven' tgot pregnant since I started using it . I lost some weight when I started using it back when I was 16. Lost about 15 pounds in 3 months. Personally, I was happy I lost weight . But then , noticed I looked way to skinny and started to get worried . Took a break from the patch a whole summer and when I went back I gained 5 pounds in one month . Took a break again went back to it and gained 10 pounds in 2 months . Took a last break and gained almost 20 pounds so , I don’t take breaks any more lol. I use to weight 115lb now I weight 140lb. I also grew some inches but , I’m done gaining weight so I’m not taking a break again ! Overall , just breast tenderness is a huge issue since it makes my boobs get soooo hot and swollen . Other than that , I like it ."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 27, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I lasted for about three weeks on Xulane. My depression, which had been well controlled for 5 years reappeared with a vengeance. Every night since I started on it I've woken up around 3AM and stayed awake for at least an hour, which is strange even with my occasional trouble sleeping. Seriously though, my depression. I wish my doctor had warned me about how bad it could get, maybe I would've seen my state of mind deteriorating sooner and could've avoided some of this. I'm still suffering from brain fog and extreme apathy. I hope to get back to normal soon, I took off the patch last night."

Michele (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I'm going on about nine months on the patch. This is the longest I have ever been on birth control, so some of the side effects are new to me. My biggest concern was that I had less and less self lubrication about six months after starting, but that is normal. The doc prescribed silicone based lube, so if you're having this problem, ask your doc. But I'm not pregnant, so obviously it works!! I have noticed that it is about $152 without insurance though, so choose wisely!"

km501 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I honestly love this patch. I’ve been on it for about 6 months. The first couple of months I had tender breasts but I was told that was normal. Although I did go to MEPS (military entry processing station) and they noticed some lumps in my breast. They went away after a couple weeks. My periods are way less, lighter and shorter in length. Although my cramps are way worse. I believe that’s because I chose to do the 3 months without the period rather than having a period every month. 10/10 would recommend to anybody."

Ray Ray (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I started Xulane on a Sunday. Monday woke up super hyper and keyed up. Around supper time I get so fatigued I can barely keep my eyes open. Started spotting Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night fatigued again. Started losing my appetite. Weds full blown bleeding, cramps, nausea.....felt horrible! Ended up leaving work early because I felt so bad and my anxiety was high. Thursday heavy bleeding and living like I'm pregnant on Saltines and Sprite. The nausea was constant. Felt so tired. Couldn't concentrate and felt dizzy everytime I moved. Ended up leaving work early again because I had a sudden panic attack: couldn't breathe, my extremities and face went numb, crying hysterically, and felt like I was going to puke. Once it passed I was so tired I slept for hours. Friday I woke up with a headache and anxiety is already full force. I ripped the thing off. I would rather see how I do without it than do this. DO NOT recommend at all!"

HM32 February 23, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "Barely going into week 3 with the patch , nausea wasn’t much of a problem for me but wow it is so itchy! So hard to not pick at it."

Cin February 22, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I have been on the xulane patch for three months now and I haven't had any major problems. I had nausea on the first day I used it but it settled quickly. The only thing I will say is that it does get a bit itchy and it peels a bit around the edges all the time which gives me a bit of anxiety, but I haven't had any scares. My periods have gotten lighter and the duration of it is less too. No weight gain, less acne, no mood swings -its great so far! Id recommend it if you're not prone to getting headaches or nausea."

Dinaaaa February 19, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "No problems with this whatsoever I’ve been on it for a few years and it’s perfect. Only bad part for me is it gets itchy where the patch is sometimes."

Kat1234689 February 17, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "First month on the patch. Definitely had headaches and nausea but I didn’t mind because it’s been helping me lose weight (very slowly like 3lbs a month) Had some brown spotting a few days before I was supposed to start free week but they say it’s normal. So far so good."

Anonymous February 14, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I always feel nauseous and like I have to puke, the patch also gets irritating to use because I get a rash and it gets very itchy. Disappointed in the birth control I use."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I’ve been seeing a lot of negative reviews for this patch but this goes to show that everyone’s body will react to it differently. Although I am only 18 and have been on it for only about 2 months this patch has been doing great at normalizing my periods and the only side affect that I’m guessing might be from the patch is that for some reason I’ve been feeling wayy hungrier as the days pass and maybe even a little moody but other than that it’s been great for me and hopefully it continues to be like that"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I've been on the ortho evra patch for 4 years now and I've never had any problems. I was originally put on the patch to combat hormonal mood swings, severe cramps and an irregular period. Since then, my period comes 3 days after I remove the patch and lasts till I put on my next (3-4 days). I've never had any spotting or bleeding throughout the month and my weight has never been affected. My mood is also very stable and I get virtually no cramps/aches on my period. I would highly recommend the patch to anyone."

Adaray (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "This patch sucks!! I haven't been on birth control in over 4 years, and I'm 22. At this point, the pregnancy scares are more manageable than dealing with this crap. I've worn this patch for two weeks; the first week didn't seem too bad, minor headaches and moodiness, but that fairly common for me. Week two and three days in, I can't stop crying because my nausea and cramps are so horrible, and I have a high pain tolerance. It's frustrating and aggravating to not be able to eat or even stand up for more than a few minutes without feeling like I'm going to puke or pass out. I just took the nasty thing off, screw it. DO NOT USE THIS PATCH"

MegAndTheUnicorn February 4, 2018

Xulane (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin) for Birth Control: "I started the patch for my first time ever. I put it on an I immediately felt dizzy and had to sit down. The dizziness slowly faded, I would strongly recommend this patch! I woke up this morning with no issues, I experience no mood swings so far, no breakouts anywhere, and no depression. I’m super tired and have a constant headache. It’s a mild headache that makes me want to sleep in a dark room. Other than that it’s overall a good patch and way easier than the pills!"

Lanes (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018