User Reviews for Estradiol / levonorgestrel systemic

Postmenopausal Symptoms
5.2

Summary of Estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 5.4 27 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol/levonorgestrel

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My only menopause symptom was insomnia and weight gain - my doctor recommended Climara Pro- it works wonders for me. I sleep well and my mood is amazing. I had a few issues with getting the patch out of the plastic in the beginning and keeping it on the place but not anymore - I guess I have learned how to handle it the right way. No complains no side effects."

SandyO (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Can’t get the patch on, when I do it only lasts three days, then it falls off."

Kiki August 22, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This patch actually works for ridding me of my hot flashes. I would have given this a higher rating if not for the impossible task of removing the plastic backing. I just spent 10 minutes trying to find the lip where the plastic comes away from the adhesive backing and in the process, ripped the patch in 2 spots. When I finally got it on, my fear is when I shower, water can get underneath and I have to remove it, allow it to dry and reapply it. The patch I removed before putting the new one on had an odor and my skin was puckered which tells me water was trapped between the patch and my skin. I cleaned it thoroughly and hopefully it'll be fine. Bayer needs to rethink this as I'm ready to switch to something easier to use. I'm always at the verge of destroying each patch prior to putting it on and fear wasting a patch because I've ripped and stretched it trying to get that stupid plastic off."

Tilia (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My life turned around. I was having horrible painful hot flashes. I am bipolar II and my medication didn't seem to work anymore, and I was having bad mood swings. I started on the patch, and I as I said in my first line, my life turned around. No more hot flashes, my bipolar medication started working again, and my moods are much more even these days. So, yes, this worked great. The one issue I had was applying the patch. It was difficult to do so, as it stuck to the plastic backing instead of coming cleanly off. However, I figured out why. I kept my packages in the bathroom up on an open shelf. Our bathroom gets hot and steamy regularly. I believe the heat from the showers were causing the problem. Once I put my packages inside a drawer away from the bulk of the heat, they started working just fine again. I can swear by this because, the open package I had been using worked again as well as all new packages."

SnowdogHERA July 22, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My Dr recommended this a few years ago but I was leery and waited. I am post menopausal so the worst of it seems to be over but the Dr told me hot flashes will continue. Ugh..So bc summer was coming, I began using climapro plus almost 3 months ago. Yes those patches are a pain to get to open and stay on! At first it seemed to help with my energy, but then my joints in my hip area began really bothering me. I noticed I was wide awake after only 4 hours of sleep as well. Also, my mood began being more snappy at times. The final straw was feeling like there was no hope in living that's not ok, so l think I'll not use it anymore and go back to using black cohash"

Layla (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I actually like Climara Pro patch quite a bit. Even with the side effects. Here is my summary: Pros: no more hot flashes. Mine were often and horrible. No more vaginal dryness. No more itchy skin. I feel sexual again. Very few mood swings. I feel good!! Better with it then I did without it!! Cons: I never know when I might bleed! I can go 3 or 4 months with no bleeding and then all of a sudden I will bleed for a week or so! I have to have inter vaginal ultrasounds 3 times a year to watch the endometrial thickness. If it thins out too much then I need progesterone. Pain in the butt to monitor this balancing act. I have gained 17 lbs since starting this patch. Worst of all is that the backing on the patch is extremely hard to get off! I now keep these patches in the refrigerator and the back comes off perfectly. To the people at Bayer: why don't you fix this situation since it obviously is a problem?"

Maryanngomez1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "First patch was a nightmare to get on. Been using an estradiol patch $5 copay and taking testosterone capsule. $5. switched to this patch at suggestion of ob/gyn patch wouldn’t peel. I know how to apply a patch and thought this was a joke. Then I read other reviews. Estradiol patch peeled and stuck a week. Why can't this one. Especially if they’ve been having complaints for years. I'm very disappointed at the application and the price."

Gigi March 23, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch has worked great for me. I can sleep and no more hot flashes. The backing is difficult to remove sometimes but haven't had too much trouble. I have been ordering my patches from Canada because $200-$300 a month is just too expensive. Unfortunately I have been told by my Canadian pharmacy that Bayer is discontinuing the Climara Pro. Not sure what I will do as I can't afford to purchase the prescription here in the U.S."

CC64 January 28, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Medicine is probably great and may actually work if the primary backing would separate from actual med sticker. There is no reason that a person should have to sit and try over and over to get the outer plastic to separate from the actual patch. This is so difficult to accomplish ~~ if and when you actually get the outer part off—- the patch has been touched and does not stick properly or it is stretched—- which Bayer says not to do—- Bayer should be embarrassed to have a product that has such a poor ineffective backing and removal system that though the medicine may work, most will never know because it cannot be administered properly."

Wvkt (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch works great - no more debilitating hot flashes. But, I almost gave up on the medication because of the difficulty and frustration removing the plastic backing. I finally figured out how to get it off. I take a paring knife and in the middle, tease one side slowly off the adhesive until it is clear it will separate, but I don't remove it yet. Then I do the same thing on the other side. Once it is clear that both sides will come off easily, I remove one side completely, stick it in place, then remove the other side. Make sure your skin is stretched out with no wrinkles where you apply it. This has completely removed my frustration with the patch! If it weren't for the flawed design, I would rate it a 10, so instead it gets an 8"

Taonell (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "the active ingredients probably work, but applying the patch is a nightmare! I have tried calling the company and the "customer service" person read me the insert. I can read, I can follow instructions, but I can't get the backing off without a great deal of struggle. I sometimes end up with half a patch. I am switching to anything else."

ccg53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This seems to work pretty well, but is so hard to use I am looking for an alternative. The plastic backing usually comes off 1/2 of the patch fairly well, and the rest is a struggle. I end up with a stretched and creased patch which irritates the skin unnecessarily. Why can't they fix this? Complained about it years ago - as ha withers - but no improvement."

Pharm1234 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 27, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was forced by my insurance plan to switch to Climara Pro because my new insurance plan wouldn't cover it. The Climara Pro is more expensive and is very difficult to get the backing off, so I end up touching the patch and it doesn't stick then! This patch also doesn't work as well as the one I was on."

Still Hot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This patch is way to expensive, and doesn't last the week. Falls off before time to change to a new one."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been on the patch for 8 years. I may experience a hot flash a few times a year. Prior to Climara Pro I had a hot flash at least 3!times an hour, my cognitive functioning decreased and I couldn't sleep. I have none of these symptoms except a rare hot flash."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patches kept coming off after 2 to 3 days. The backing is way to hard and not enough to peel off 2nd half without touching 1st half of patch causing that part not to adhere to skin. Bayer should really consider 3M's adhesive manufacturing and backing that peels with ease and stays on until removed and in water."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have used this a few weeks to control severe hot flashes. It is starting to work, however, it is very expensive and does not stay on. The longest it has remained on is 3 days. I'm an RN and know how to apply a patch. These do not stay on. I will probably look for another option."

Elaine A August 15, 2016

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Damm things , it is terribly hard to get the plastic backing off, should not be this hard to get one a piece of plastic off ruined one."

Just mad (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started this medication because I had to stop taking the oral, which worked wonderful so switched to transdermal. Shortly after starting the patch I had a constant dull headache but thought maybe my body needed to adjust so I continued. On my second week the headache continued and my joints started bothering me and then progressed to body aches, feeling like I had the flu. I also had stomach issues with excessive burping and gas. No energy, emotionally feeling blah. I took the patch off to see if symptoms would improve. Overnight the achy body is gone but still have the mild headache no stomach issues so far. This medicine is not cheap even with insurance and I am now contacting the pharmacy to see if I can return my 90 day supply."

tater61 December 8, 2015

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My Dr told me I could swim with the patch on. But it tends to come off before the 7 days are up. Also I ruined 1 patch, I couldn't get the backing off. But has already helped with my hot flashes!"

Nurse Gina July 30, 2015

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "51 years old-postmenopausal for 2 years. Started this for hot flashes, night sweats, trouble sleeping. Been taking med for 3 months now. Had cramping & bleeding initially. Titrated patch by cutting in half. Had exam & endometrial biopsy to rule out any problems. Bleeding stopped. After 3 weeks at half patch, symptoms returned somewhat. Increased back to whole patch- 2 weeks no bleeding, now have cramping & bleeding again for 3 days now. I know these are side effects that usually completely subside, so I am waiting to see if the bleeding stops altogether. The patch has stayed on with no problem, & is very effective. I have thick hair, but have noticed slight thinning which is not a problem so far. I will give it more time."

Remaining patient September 9, 2013

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Hot flashes stopped after 3 weeks. Have been using for 3 months now. Went through menopause but now bleed heavily 5 to 6 days every week. Messing clothes, bed linens. Will have to go back to doctor. Thought it would stop by now, but no change. I am 53 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2012

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I would love to know if the patch worked for me but the patch just would not stay on (2 days the longest). Two boxes (8) patches wasted. "

tee327 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2012

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for : "The medicine works wonders on controlling my hot flashes. It is easy to use but will only stay on for about 5 days. I apply to clean dry skin and take one shower a day. I don't sit in a tub of water or go swimming. This is the only negative thing besides the price. I have to pay for my medicine but it is worth the dollars, not having constant hot flashes."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

Climara Pro (estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch is a wonderful item if it would stay on. It only lasts 3 to 4 days then it dries out and peels off."

aussiegal November 30, 2010