User Reviews for Cetaphil Cleanser

Dry Skin
1.6

Reviews for Cetaphil Cleanser

Ccbloom April 9, 2021

For Dry Skin: “Started using cetaphil face cleanser in January 2021 & till this time never snapped that the cleanser was giving me red, swollen, itchy very dry eyes and some pain. Lips also chapped & swollen. Went to see a specialist & he asked what have I been using new to my face. Felt like an idiot when I snapped it’s the freaking cetaphil. Came home & threw the product in the trash & now taking meds to recover”

Razor · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

For Dry Skin: “Applied to my face daily as prescribed by physician for now one week and within this week my face has been having a burning sensation and rash all over my face and neck. After carefully washing it off the burning sensation hurts even worse. I’m finish with this product. I was prescribed this cleanser and lotion due to the mask breaking my face out on my cheeks and chin area.”

Jazz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I always had hormonal pimples, but my skin wasn't dry or oily. Since using Cetaphil, my forehead is extremely oily and broken out in small pimples. My face BURNS when I use the cleanser, but I have never had sensitive skin so I am unsure what is happening.”

carol February 1, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I bought this thinking it would be mild. I have used another variation of it in the past without issues. I think I have used this for about a week and noticed my top eyelids are red, and now dry patches and itchy and swollen. I am assuming it has to be the cleanser. I hope it goes away without having to go to the dr. My eyelids actually hurt. Never again will I use this product.”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

For Dry Skin: “My eye is swollen with little red bumps. I used Cetaphil Cleanser on my face and eyes it is good stuff to use but my eyes started burning, my face was ok the next day but my eyes are really bad which isn't cool. It feels like somebody has punch me in the eye.”

sue · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I bought this product because it was on my dermatologists lists of non-comedogenic cleansers she approved of. I used it and I felt this weird burning sensation and afterwards my skin itched. I thought it was just because I was using a new cleanser. Everyday I would notice my skin texture was getting rougher than before. I thought it was my prescribed medicine. On the fifth day, my face broke out in hives and redness and it itches so bad and it began to peel of at my chin. I then knew it was the cleanser because my medicine I'd been using a month prior never had side effects on my skin like this. Luckily I caught it in less than a week, and not months.”

Hhdd9 January 24, 2017

For Dry Skin: “I had severe swelling of the nasal passages, skin at edge of nostril cracking and eventually bleeding and severe sinus issues. It took me almost 8 months to determine what was causing my severe nasal issues, and I eventually discovered it was caused by cetaphil cleanser. Within 4 days of non use all of my condition began to clear up. I will never use it again.”

Mini · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I’ve been using this for about 6-7 days and it was fine at first my skin felt clean and out of nowhere my acne has gotten worse a pimple a day and then multiple ones and then my face started drying out and itching and my acne seems to look more like a rash now above my lips is started to peel and my face feels hot and swollen I also had a severe swollen throat which I’ve never experienced and a hoarse cough and pain in my throat every time I would swallow the moisturizer made my skin feel oily and over hydrated and my lips are red all around and it just sucks walking around looking like a clown.”

DarkSun August 15, 2018

For Dry Skin: “I just used this product for the first time and my whole right side of my face swelled up and I couldn't see out of my right eye. I also had a reaction on my hands the rest of my face and neck. I will be staying far away from this product.”

Patches March 10, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Horrible experience I applied it on my face and neck. I had one pimple, I woke up to inflamed, red itchy skin. I got hives and my face was so swollen. Two days later and I'm still dealing with it. Will never use again. I only used one time.”

HLawson · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I started to use the cetaphil cleanser around Christmas. Since then, my eyes and neck have swollen up in hives. I've been to an allergist and had to be on a massive dose of Prednisone. It went away finally after 4 months of the worst burning, itching feeling I've ever had.”

Barb · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2019

“After visits to 2 different dermatologists to treat burning, red and swollen face, I was put on prednisone and told to use only Vaseline on my face. After 3 weeks, with no symptoms, I used a Cetaphil cleansing cloth 2 nights in a row....and the burning and redness returned”

Samantha · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I have been dealing with bumpy, itchy, burning patches on my face for some time. Saw a dermatologist. Have spent months eliminating various foods from diet thinking that was the issue. Went on vacation…not using the Cetaphil cleanser for over a week. My face has not felt this good for a long time. I never thought a soap for sensitive skin would be the issue. Now I’m reading lots of stories about people with same experiences. I’m not crazy; it’s the soap. Never using it again!”

Cherry September 8, 2021

For Dry Skin: “Was looking for a gentle cleanser. Bought cetaphil combination oily face wash.. After using a dime size to wash my face. Face felt dry and tight. Followed up with the combo moisturizer..felt weird. Gave it another go . Next day wash face with less than a dime size and sure enough same thing. This time skin became dry and itchy even after a glob of their moisturizer . Now my skin looks dehydrated and bland . This face wash and moisturizer is going right back to walmart ! I was using cereve with ok results was looking for something better but this was not it . Cereve is wayyyy better compared to moisture and hydration . Why o why cetaphil did you mess my face up. You are suppose to be extra gentle. Good for some but definitely not for me. Cereve in my opinion never dried my face as this did.”

Ava · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

For Dry Skin: “My skin has never burned and been more irritated ever before in my life thanks to cetaphil. I do NOT recommend at all!”

Tiki April 20, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I just bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and after 2 days noticed my skin looked funny like my pores looked larger and my skin had a funny dry odd look .”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I wish I’d read these reviews first. I used it for the first time six hours ago. My face is red, swollen, burning, like after the worst sunburn you ever had. How is this still on the market?”

Carl's Girlfriend August 27, 2017

For Dry Skin: “This is an amazing product, I use it on my whole body and face.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

For Dry Skin: “My skin is very dry and it now looks like eczema. It's very expensive and I regret buying it”

More about Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients topical)

Other brands