User Reviews for Cetaphil Cleanser to treat Dry Skin

Cetaphil Cleanser has an average rating of 1.7 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Dry Skin. 7% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 93% reported a negative effect.

Cetaphil Cleanser Rating Summary

1.7/10 average rating

Compare all 101 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Cetaphil Cleanser

Ccbloom April 9, 2021

“Started using cetaphil face cleanser in January 2021 & till this time never snapped that the cleanser was giving me red, swollen, itchy very dry eyes and some pain. Lips also chapped & swollen. Went to see a specialist & he asked what have I been using new to my face. Felt like an idiot when I snapped it’s the freaking cetaphil. Came home & threw the product in the trash & now taking meds to recover”

Razor · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

“Applied to my face daily as prescribed by physician for now one week and within this week my face has been having a burning sensation and rash all over my face and neck. After carefully washing it off the burning sensation hurts even worse. I’m finish with this product. I was prescribed this cleanser and lotion due to the mask breaking my face out on my cheeks and chin area.”

Jazz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2020

“I always had hormonal pimples, but my skin wasn't dry or oily. Since using Cetaphil, my forehead is extremely oily and broken out in small pimples. My face BURNS when I use the cleanser, but I have never had sensitive skin so I am unsure what is happening.”

carol February 1, 2021

“I bought this thinking it would be mild. I have used another variation of it in the past without issues. I think I have used this for about a week and noticed my top eyelids are red, and now dry patches and itchy and swollen. I am assuming it has to be the cleanser. I hope it goes away without having to go to the dr. My eyelids actually hurt. Never again will I use this product.”

sue · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

“I bought this product because it was on my dermatologists lists of non-comedogenic cleansers she approved of. I used it and I felt this weird burning sensation and afterwards my skin itched. I thought it was just because I was using a new cleanser. Everyday I would notice my skin texture was getting rougher than before. I thought it was my prescribed medicine. On the fifth day, my face broke out in hives and redness and it itches so bad and it began to peel of at my chin. I then knew it was the cleanser because my medicine I'd been using a month prior never had side effects on my skin like this. Luckily I caught it in less than a week, and not months.”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

“My eye is swollen with little red bumps. I used Cetaphil Cleanser on my face and eyes it is good stuff to use but my eyes started burning, my face was ok the next day but my eyes are really bad which isn't cool. It feels like somebody has punch me in the eye.”

Mini · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

“I’ve been using this for about 6-7 days and it was fine at first my skin felt clean and out of nowhere my acne has gotten worse a pimple a day and then multiple ones and then my face started drying out and itching and my acne seems to look more like a rash now above my lips is started to peel and my face feels hot and swollen I also had a severe swollen throat which I’ve never experienced and a hoarse cough and pain in my throat every time I would swallow the moisturizer made my skin feel oily and over hydrated and my lips are red all around and it just sucks walking around looking like a clown.”

Hhdd9 January 24, 2017

“I had severe swelling of the nasal passages, skin at edge of nostril cracking and eventually bleeding and severe sinus issues. It took me almost 8 months to determine what was causing my severe nasal issues, and I eventually discovered it was caused by cetaphil cleanser. Within 4 days of non use all of my condition began to clear up. I will never use it again.”

Patches March 10, 2020

“Horrible experience I applied it on my face and neck. I had one pimple, I woke up to inflamed, red itchy skin. I got hives and my face was so swollen. Two days later and I'm still dealing with it. Will never use again. I only used one time.”

DarkSun August 15, 2018

“I just used this product for the first time and my whole right side of my face swelled up and I couldn't see out of my right eye. I also had a reaction on my hands the rest of my face and neck. I will be staying far away from this product.”

HLawson · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

“I started to use the cetaphil cleanser around Christmas. Since then, my eyes and neck have swollen up in hives. I've been to an allergist and had to be on a massive dose of Prednisone. It went away finally after 4 months of the worst burning, itching feeling I've ever had.”

Ava · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

“My skin has never burned and been more irritated ever before in my life thanks to cetaphil. I do NOT recommend at all!”

Tiki April 20, 2021

“I just bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and after 2 days noticed my skin looked funny like my pores looked larger and my skin had a funny dry odd look .”

Carl's Girlfriend August 27, 2017

“This is an amazing product, I use it on my whole body and face.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

“My skin is very dry and it now looks like eczema. It's very expensive and I regret buying it”

Learn more about Dry Skin

More about Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients topical)

Other brands