User Reviews for Eltrombopag

1 review 41 medications
Summary of Eltrombopag reviews 6.8 8 reviews

Reviews for Eltrombopag

Pr · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I have lupus and ITP, my platelets are at the range of 0-10 k Promacta was the only drug that raised the platelets to 100k Then after one month I had renal failure and lesions in my brain. It didn’t work for lupus I guess. :("

AplasticAnemiaMom May 8, 2019

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Aplastic Anemia: "Promacta and Eltrombopag are the same drug. One name is the scientific name Eltrombopag and the retail (brand) name is Promacta. There is no difference in the two names they are the same medicine. Our son did very well with ATG Horse, Cyclosporine and Promacta (Eltrombopag). Four years in he has not received a bone marrow transplant and has only received three blood transfusions ever. He lives a pretty normal life but does monitor his labs often and is still on meds. He did have a slow relapse and we found that him going back on high dose cyclosporine twice a day and taking the Promacta (Eltrombopag) helped his labs go back up again (near normal) again avoiding a BMT. If insurance doesn't pay for it have your doctor advocate first and if still no, call Novartis or visit their website as they have options to send this very expensive medicine to you for free."

no nickname December 27, 2017

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Aplastic Anemia: "I have been taking Promacta for two months for Aplastic Anemia and have seen no increase in my hemoglobin count. I have had no significant side effects, but do not think the drug is effective in my case, too bad it's probably chemo for me. The drug is easy to take if you can find the proper time. I take it around 4 am when I first wake up then try to get some more sleep. Hope it works for you."

TheMeerkat · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2017

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Aplastic Anemia: "It didn’t cause any side effects, and, more important, I’m not dead. That’s pretty good."

AplasticAnemiaMOM November 22, 2016

For Aplastic Anemia: "My child was on Eltrombopag for a few months in combination with ATG Horse and standard immunosuppresent therapy using cyclosporine and had a rapid response. Eltrombopag is a miracle drug. Our child did have slight elevations in liver levels (LDH, AST, ALT) but as soon s the drug was removed all levels went to normal again and my child held labs at near normal levels. Very grateful. It is expensive but insurance will pay, but you may have to fight for it. I would fight for it."

Davidwa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2015

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I have ITP and my platelet count was below 10 before I was given Eltrombopag. I have now been taking 50mg daily for 10 months and my platelet count is in the 70 to 90 range. I have no side affects, my doctor expects me to be on Eltrombopag long term"

I take 50MG once a day at night · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 8, 2013

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Thrombocytopenia: "I have been on eltrombpag for two years. I have had no side effects but my platelet count says about 20 to 30,000. I get treatment through the VA."

Rushbuzz September 19, 2011

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "My platelet count was dangerously low. After taking 50mg Promacta daily, my count was 275 after one month. I have not had any side effects whatsoever. However, I am curious as to why dairy is prohibited for four hours before and after taking medication. The only other negative is the cost. Thank God for insurance help."