User Reviews for Eltrombopag

Also known as: Promacta

Learn more about Eltrombopag.

Aplastic Anemia 1 reviews 3 medications

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 2 reviews 86 medications

7.7
Thrombocytopenia 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Eltrombopag reviews 4 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Eltrombopag

For Aplastic Anemia: "My child was on Eltrombopag for a few months in combination with ATG Horse and standard immunosuppresent therapy using cyclosporine and had a rapid response. Eltrombopag is a miracle drug. Our child did have slight elevations in liver levels (LDH, AST, ALT) but as soon s the drug was removed all levels went to normal again and my child held labs at near normal levels. Very grateful. It is expensive but insurance will pay, but you may have to fight for it. I would fight for it."

AplasticAnemiaMOM November 22, 2016

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I have ITP and my platelet count was below 10 before I was given Eltrombopag. I have now been taking 50mg daily for 10 months and my platelet count is in the 70 to 90 range. I have no side affects, my doctor expects me to be on Eltrombopag long term"

Davidwa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2015

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Thrombocytopenia: "I have been on eltrombpag for two years. I have had no side effects but my platelet count says about 20 to 30,000. I get treatment through the VA."

I take 50MG once a day at night (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2013

Promacta (eltrombopag) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "My platelet count was dangerously low. After taking 50mg Promacta daily, my count was 275 after one month. I have not had any side effects whatsoever. However, I am curious as to why dairy is prohibited for four hours before and after taking medication. The only other negative is the cost. Thank God for insurance help."

Rushbuzz September 19, 2011