User Reviews for Dutasteride / tamsulosin to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Also known as: Jalyn

Dutasteride / tamsulosin has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Dutasteride/tamsulosin Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Dutasteride / tamsulosin

Larry · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2020

“After a month taking dutasteride/tamsulosin, I developed such excruciating pain in my left buttock/hip joint that I could not put any weight on my left leg. Walking became difficult and painful. After discontinuing, symptoms are beginning to subside.”

Ramie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2013

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Have been taking Jalyn for 3 months. Did experience better urine flow and less trips to the bathroom at night. Side affects are: constipation, dry ejaculation (no semen), decreased libido, dizziness and hip pain. Might consider switching medication depending if side effects worsen.”

Anonymous January 22, 2011

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Taking for about 2 weeks - noticeable improvement - was getting up 2-3 times a night, now none, stronger stream, no side effects yet. But, @ $3.00/pill and not covered by insurance, it is quite expensive.”

Bowline June 6, 2011

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “I have been taking Jalyn for about 4 months, and have experienced mild improvement in my urine stream. I get up once during the night. Have experienced decreased libido and an inability to ejaculate, which happened during third month of use. Also had some mild dizziness during first month.”

jartini December 19, 2010

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “After a week of using Jalyn, among other less severe side effects, I developed a severe hip joint area inflammation that got so bad that I could hardly walk. Had XRAY and MRI done and no issues with the hip joint. I quit taking and switched to AVODART and have had no side effects and has helped without any noticeable side effects. Took 5 weeks for hip area to go back to normal. ”

Nigel October 23, 2020

“Switched from finesteride to duesteride. Huge mistake. Within 10 days developed horrific right hip pain. A 14 on the scale of 1-10. Couldn’t walk till 10am. Tears of pain were my norm. Stopped taking it 5 days ago. No change maybe worse. Turn back!!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 1, 2012

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Helped a lot. Made it a lot easier to urinate but still not a strong stream and I still have trouble fully emptying my bladder at night. Caused a lot of hair loss on my body and I no longer ejaculate anything. Sex drive is also down. I still get up 8 times at night to urinate. Doctor has not been able to help with that.”

Anonymous December 16, 2011

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “I took Jalyn for ten months; it worked well the first six months, then I increased trips to bathroom at night during the last four months. I had to quit because of increased risk of cancer; that is, my PSA increased passed 4.00.”

75 Year Old January 11, 2014

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “I was prescribed Jalyn for 8 months and my Doctor terminated its use at the start of the new year. I noticed very little improvement in the need to urinate approximately every two hours at night. I experienced feelings of weakness, leg cramps, and breast pain/enlargement. I also have noticed some pain in hips and joints that may or may not be related to the medication. I feel positive about the decision to discontinue its use.”

Anonymous October 19, 2020

“Was on this medication dutasteride/tamsulosin for 12 days and started experiencing right SI joint pain. Attempted massage and Chiropractic care to no avail. Pain is unbearable at night and sleep is impossible. Walking has become painful as well. Stopped taking it 48 hours ago but still in excruciating pain. Stretching has given only temporary relief. Upon investigation the half life is 4-6 weeks with serum levels still present at 6 months. Others who have reported this issues resolved after 3-6 weeks. There is 0.000% chance this side effect can be tolerated. I stopped and will not ever take again.”

Claudey August 13, 2021

“Taking this medication for enlarged prostate, I still pee a couple of times through the night, side effects are insomnia & very, very sore right testicle with right side hip pain excruciating , I'm over it , stopped today after 3months...”

malcolmcro · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 2, 2017

“Have taken this medication for 4 years and it has worked well to enable urination without discomfort but still relatively slowly. A missed couple of doses brings back the symptoms of slow starting and very slow urination. A temporary change to dutasteride alone, on holiday, was not satisfactory or effective. I am now experiencing slight discomfort in the testicles which may be a side effect or unwanted consequence of the medication. It might be psychosomatic. If it gets worse I will take medical advice.”

Anonymous September 14, 2010

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “It worked really well for me but unfortunately I got some very bad side effects and had to stop taking Jalyn. Side effects included severe leg cramps and joint pain.”

Anonymous November 6, 2010

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Helped with reducing the number of times I had to urinate during the night. The negative side effects, lack of ability to get and keep an erection. Lack of semen. ”

JR311 September 27, 2010

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Caused side effects like erectile dysfunction and it took a while to work. Also felt a little dizzy taking this.”

Anonymous April 27, 2012

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Everything comes with a price. Works very well for prostate enlargement, but the side effects are very much there.”

Anonymous October 25, 2010

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Worked really well. Hardly ever get up at night now. However I am also now experiencing leg pain and weakness.”

Anonymous September 20, 2011

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Took Jalyn for several months. Leg cramps and weakness. Began to experience a throat problem. Taken off and put on Avodart.”

JR311 November 7, 2010

Anonymous September 1, 2011

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Have taken Jalyn for 2 weeks. Went from 3 or 4 times a night to 1 or none (having to go to the toilet). Haven't had this much sleep in a long time. Hope I can keep taking it.”

Gregz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2017

“This caused me severe joint pain”

64 years old · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2013

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Like others I have been able go many nights without trips to the bathroom. The downside is I can barely walk more than 100 yards before my leg cramps. I think I will have my Doc take me off.”

Christian420 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 3, 2014

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “Been taking for 8 months and working well. I only get up once at night now. I have a penile implant so impotence is no problem. I don't ejaculate any fluid but orgasms are still great.”

urimax · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2021

“severe muscle and shoulder pain though relieves urinary symptoms”

cantpee · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2015

Jalyn (dutasteride / tamsulosin): “I pee now”