User Reviews for Disulfiram to treat Alcohol Dependence (Page 5)

Also known as: Antabuse

Disulfiram Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Alcohol Dependence.

Reviews for Disulfiram

Anonymous June 4, 2009

Antabuse (disulfiram): “I took Antabuse for 4 months and it was wonderful. Since it does remove the option to drink, it was a huge help. However, I did occasionally crave alcohol so what did I do? I stopped taking it for 2 weeks so that I could drink. It was a huge mistake and I urge anyone taking it to just, as my therapist says, "get that pill in you everyday". Relapsing in not fun and there is the double-whammy of having to stay sober for a while before one can take it again. Anyone who struggles with alcoholism knows that is no easy task.”

Kimme August 7, 2008

Antabuse (disulfiram): “I have been using antabuse for a month. I have had some side effects as in some nausea and headaches. I still feel that the benefit of the prescription far outweighs any side effects, nowing this has really given my family a sense of security.”

Bubspeed June 9, 2008

Antabuse (disulfiram): “This is a wonderful drug and has helped me control the binges associated with alcohol. I was a moderate-to-heavy drinker before this medication. Now I have been completely sober for two weeks without any side effects. I wanted to stop drinking but had problems in the evenings. Since I have removed the "option" to drink by taking this medication in the mornings when my willpower is strong, it has helped tremendously. ”

theplasterer May 3, 2008

Antabuse (disulfiram): “After 6 months of counselling this was offered to me, I have never wanted to stop drinking, just stop the binges. this drug has worked brilliantly”

Annie McK April 1, 2008

Antabuse (disulfiram): “My husband takes this drug and at first it was a Godsend...now he has learned how to use it also to his advantage. He now takes it on rare occasions and it does not seem to make much difference if he drinks or not. This drug really only works if it is taken everyday at almost the same time...a day without and my husband can drink all he wants, with no side affects at all.”

zmoomoo June 15, 2007

Antabuse (disulfiram): “I have found this drug extremely helpful. Not only does it give my family reassurace of my dedication to sobriety, it seems to have completely ended any cravings. I haven't really given a second thought to the effects drinking with this medicine would have, because since I started taking it I haven't felt the urge for a drink. I think this drug has helped me in more ways than I had ever imagined it could, and I am very glad I started taking it.”

Learn more about Alcohol Dependence

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)