User Reviews for Mircette

Learn more about Mircette.

Birth Control 10 reviews 292 medications

5.5
Summary of Mircette reviews 10 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Mircette

For Birth Control "I took this BC for a year. My main reason for taking was due to recurring ovation cysts that ruptured every month and it worked wonders. As an added bonus it did its job as a birth control and without any side effects. I had no weight gain no acne no babies and no cysts. I didn't lose my sex drive. And when I did stop taking it I was pregnant the second month after. So it didn't effect my fertility which is a huge thing for me considering I miscarried after being on depo for 6 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I was recently diagnosed with (thin) PCOS after stopping birth control for four years. The only reason I stopped my original pill was because they were no longer manufacturing it. I tried Mircette for a week, in an effort to manage my PCOS symptoms (low progesterone, acne, irritability, no menstruated cycles), and this pill was terrible. It increased my irritability, and gave me the worst cramps I've ever had. It was so painful, I couldn't even move/walk to get to the bathroom. My doctor said this is not normal, and to stop the medication. I haven't tried another one yet, and I'm considering going back to using my essential oils with natural progesterone. At least it improved my mood."

Lauren H. (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate this birth control. I have gained excess weight, which never happened to me on any other b.c., and my PMDD is worse. My doc gave it to me bc I get severe headaches the week before, of, and after my period. So basically 3 of 4 wks in a month. And I was having horrible mood swings. Extreme PMS...as I said PMDD. This was supposed to help bc of lower levels and regulating hormones. Other than less severe headaches nothing has been lessened and I have gained 20lbs that won't go away. I am quitting this pill today."

B.C.M (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Switched from Ortho-Cyclen (Sprintec) bc of decrease in libido. Have trialed twice & both times have had weight gain (10-15lbs), increased acne (I don't normally break out), and uncontrollable emotions. I literally would cry all month long, not just the week before my period. I have been super irritable & have unpredictable mood swings. After this month (the 3rd month of taking) I will be discontinuing & attempting a non-hormonal contraceptive - as I am prone to depression & this medication is junk."

Elmil (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I changed to this birth control at the advice of my gyn to try to treat my menstrual migraine headaches after being on tri-sprintec for almost 10 years. It did what birth control is supposed to do;prevented pregnancy and regulated my period but the side effects were AWFUL! I gained over 20 pounds in less than 6 months, had really really bad mood swings, and the medicine caused me to have bad headaches and migraines at least once a week. Even with dieting and exercise the weight isn't coming off and it's so frustrating. I never had these problems in my 10 years prior on birth control. It has gotten to the point now that I have discontinued the medication because of the side effects. I hope others have better luck than I did!"

FinallyMrs.P September 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I hope people aren't deterred by other reviews on this site. Typically people go online to leave bad reviews. I, on the other hand, have had a GREAT experience with this birth control thus far. I have been on it for about a month and have had no side effects! Before Mircette I tried EVERYTHING- Sprintec, tri-sprintec, the patch, the ring, Yaz, etc. A lot of pills made me very moody, anxious, depressed, or excessively fatigued. Some pills made me very sick to my stomach. Mircette has been awesome. My hormonal acne has already cleared up, I don't get upset to my stomach at all, and I haven't experienced mood swings. I am thrilled that I finally found a birth control that works for me. I HIGHLY recommend trying it."

R_Drake (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I HATED this birth control. It worked as in it prevented pregnancy and it regulated my periods, but the side effects were so horrible that I had to stop taking it. While I was on this birth control, I gained an extra 15-20 pounds that I COULD NOT LOSE despite the hours in the gym and the healthy eating. I felt like I was going insane... Hot flashes, extreme mood swings. The mood swings happened all of the time, not just during my period. It didn't help alleviate cramps or anything. I will never ever ever take this again."

homemademashedpotatoes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I recently went back on this pill. I took this pills for the first time 3 years ago had no side effects. When off to have kids. I recently went back on and so far still very happy. I was on generess fe which made my face breakout very badly . Mircette has cleared it all up. No complaints at all I feel great on this pill. I also have PCOS so it's been helping me with that . Hope it continues to work as well as it is so far ."

3boysnsm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2013

For Birth Control "Pros: breasts got bigger (they're AA normally, so this was a big plus!), it worked (I didn't get pregnant), light periods, can skip periods by taking continuously. Cons: much more acne, dramatic mood swings (crying uncontrollably for no reason), nausea, weight gain I only stayed on Mircette for three months due to the dramatic increase in side effects compared to Ortho-Tri-cyclen (which I'd been on for three years at that point)--especially crying easily and acne. I get mood changes with any birth control pill, but it was by far the worst on Mircette. Every other pill I've tried improves my acne, but Mircette made it worse. I did like the breast enlargement, but that wasn't worth being totally crazy with an acne-covered face!"

Anonymous December 26, 2011

For Birth Control "I went off of the Depo Provera after 6 years and on to Mircette because my husband and I are beginning to plan a family. I am almost finished with my first pack of pills and I have had very little complications, works just as well as the shot did except I take a pill everyday. I set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me so it's easier to remember it, and I take it at night so I don't get busy during the day and forget it. The only side effect I've had is breast tenderness but my body is extremely sensitive to the hormones. I'm even beginning to lose the weight I gained from being on the depo shot (not much, only 15 pounds after 6 years of it)! It's a great birth control but remember, every woman's body is different!"

MrsSiefers August 26, 2009

For Birth Control "I did not have any problems with it. I used it for one year and then later for two years straight. It is really good for short-term birth control. It is expensive, though. I could not use the generic Kariva. "

Anonymous July 30, 2009