User Reviews for Azurette

Learn more about Azurette.

Birth Control 10 reviews 292 medications

Summary of Azurette reviews 10 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Azurette

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost a year now and I have no complaints! Used to have cramps that were so bad I fainted or threw up and it was miserable. Was on Tri-Previfem before this and it was mild and didn't help with cramps that much. This pill is higher in hormones I believe and I actually lost weight when I switched. My only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is I do break out before my period, a bit more than I used to but it's worth feeling so much better."

College student 12345 October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Do not take this pill."

Kelley k (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I wish I didn't even have to rate this terrible medication. I asked my doctor to put me on a birth control to help with my periods. This birth control has been the absolute worst. I have had every terrible side effect from stomach cramps, severe depression, insane mood swings, nausea, feeling lethargic, I mean...just the worst I've ever felt. And all because of a medication... Yeah, no thanks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Azurette 28's since August 7th 2016 and have been experiencing cramps since the 2nd or 3rd day. They go from being mild with little irritation to being severe. I'm having mood swings as well. I've even noticed that I have gained weight. I had a bad migraine headache over the weekend, i felt so terrible I was throwing up and I couldn't lay down because my entire skull felt like it was shattering into a million little pieces. I almost had my husband take me to the emergency room. I was on Lutera a few years ago and I didn't experience any of these symptoms. I'm going to ask my doctor to switch me to that. I would never recommend Azurette to anyone. I only wanted to regain control over my periods otherwise I wouldn't be on bc."

Sarahb48044 August 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a year, personally, it helped stable my emotions. The pill I was on previously made it so that I was constantly emotional. Sobbing constantly, snappy and always frustrated, plus extremely tired. The only problems I have with Azurette, is that I now have extreme cramps, and I also have issues with my sex drive. My sex drive is super high, but sex is extremely painful if i'm taking my pill."

Kylo Kenzie February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Azurette for about 4 years. During the first 3 months I had terrible mood swings and acne. My sex drive also decreased significantly. I didn't experience any weight gain. My periods were light, lasted about 5 days, predictable, and no spotting."

sfdss October 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Was on this for about a year, completely cleared up my premenstrual acne. Normally I would only get a couple pimples before each period but this medication didn't cause any, great clear skin. Normal periods, light to moderate lasting about 5 days. No out of normal weight gain, no headaches or mood swings. I'm only giving it 9 stars because it really dried me out down there, needed lube sometimes. Other than that, I'd recommend it if you have a tendency to get premenstrual acne."

vivak (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for 6 months. It does a pretty good job at clearing up my skin but occasionally I get large single zits once in a while. I did not experience any bad moods, fatigue, or weight gain as with other pills so Azurette is the most tolerable pill by far for me. But it causes so much hair loss I need to switch to a different pill."

Square Egg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Hi! I would like to add my experience with taking Azurette. I have taken it for 4 years and it is honestly a great option. I had normal period flows before getting on birth control (7 days), but severe cramps. Azurette completely relieved me of cramps and my periods were lighter (3-4 days). Here's why I can't give it a 10: I do feel more moody - not bursting into tears every other day, but slightly more snappy/angry/sensitive to things that otherwise wouldn't bother me so much. I've had to learn to control that, but it's annoying. Sex drive over time has decreased - but I'm also a lot more stressed since starting my career (I'm 26). Lastly, I decided that worrying about daily pills is also annoying."

attagirlfromHTX (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Effective at preventing pregnancy. My skin was perfect on this pill. However, I was very tired, moody, and had increased amounts of discharge which is finally what made my doctor switch me to a new birth control pill. Didn't affect my sex drive though."

Kayday107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2013