User Reviews for Azurette

Birth Control
6.9

Reviews for Azurette

Weeg · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was on this pill for 3 months to see if it would regulate my very, very late periods and it helped right away. I felt like it helped with my appetite in terms of not having one as often so I ate less = weight loss. It helped my skin as well, would give it a 10 but shortly after taking my pill, I would feel a little nauseous, nothing too bad though.”

izzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 5, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started taking Azurette and let me tell you I'm SO emotional its insane. I get random episodes of depression and didn’t help my cramps/bleeding AT ALL. It made my acne worse and caused me weight gain. It made me so unmotivated and I do not recommend!”

Bex2421 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Azurette for a few years now and love it. My period is Friday to Tuesday with one half semi heavy day. Not enough to change a tampon early but heavier than most days. My emotions are def heightened and I cry a lot easier. I get hungry about an hour after taking it as well But compared to how much of a crybaby I was on other pills - I’ll stick to this one.”

md · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “honestly wouldn’t recommend Azurette. I’m 20 y/o and I got the implant (nexplanon) about a year ago and I was totally fine. No periods, no mood swings, no cramps, nothing. It was wonderful. then, I started getting periods every other week. So my doctor put added azurette. I’ve been on it for 3 months. I cannot explain how bad my emotions and mood swings have gotten being on this pill. The smallest thing will hurt my feelings and I’ll burst into tears. Someone says something to me in a certain tone and I’m angry and it takes a while for me to calm down. I have a light period every day so it didn’t help in that area either. I can deal with all of the side effects besides the fact that I am completely chemically imbalanced and it’s the worst thing ever.”

Kayday107 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2013

For Birth Control: “Effective at preventing pregnancy. My skin was perfect on this pill. However, I was very tired, moody, and had increased amounts of discharge which is finally what made my doctor switch me to a new birth control pill. Didn't affect my sex drive though.”

Rue13 November 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “Azurette The generic of mircette was ok . I had high high hopes . This was the least offensive emotionally of the combo pills , but it did restart my migraines and completely got rid of my sex drive . Like it annihilated it . Also a lot of dryness so I moved on. Sorry azurette it’s a no go . Also constant spotting for a month and then some”

Su · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on this pill for 2 years but my stupid insurance forced me to switch pharmacies and now the pharmacy only has Kariva. I really like Azurette and while yea it completely killed my sex drive I honestly don't really care lol. The biggest thing it did was cure my debilitating periods. I used to have to take a day off work during my period but thanks to this I could actually go to work during my period again. The periods also got shorter and lighter. Hope the new pill keeps up the momentum. Once in a while though I'd have really bad mood swings but it wasn't common and I didn't gain weight or anything.”

Anonymous May 20, 2017

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for 4 years. I switched to this one because my previous ones caused me to gain weight. These pills do not cause me to gain weight and keep my skin flawless. However, I think they recently made a more generic version of the pills and switched packaging and everything and for these last three months I've been loosing my temper and really emotional. I have no sex drive also. I am going to have to switch pills. But for the first few years of my life, they've been good”

Square Egg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2015

For Birth Control: “I took this for 6 months. It does a pretty good job at clearing up my skin but occasionally I get large single zits once in a while. I did not experience any bad moods, fatigue, or weight gain as with other pills so Azurette is the most tolerable pill by far for me. But it causes so much hair loss I need to switch to a different pill.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

For Birth Control: “I wish I didn't even have to rate this terrible medication. I asked my doctor to put me on a birth control to help with my periods. This birth control has been the absolute worst. I have had every terrible side effect from stomach cramps, severe depression, insane mood swings, nausea, feeling lethargic, I mean...just the worst I've ever felt. And all because of a medication... Yeah, no thanks.”

Kylo Kenzie February 4, 2016

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for about a year, personally, it helped stable my emotions. The pill I was on previously made it so that I was constantly emotional. Sobbing constantly, snappy and always frustrated, plus extremely tired. The only problems I have with Azurette, is that I now have extreme cramps, and I also have issues with my sex drive. My sex drive is super high, but sex is extremely painful if i'm taking my pill.”

College student 12345 October 19, 2016

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for almost a year now and I have no complaints! Used to have cramps that were so bad I fainted or threw up and it was miserable. Was on Tri-Previfem before this and it was mild and didn't help with cramps that much. This pill is higher in hormones I believe and I actually lost weight when I switched. My only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is I do break out before my period, a bit more than I used to but it's worth feeling so much better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2017

For Birth Control: “Pro: I recommend Azurette. I started on birth control after I would get nauseous for two weeks out of every the month. That has been fixed. I've been on other birth controls and say this birth control worked best for me. I've been on it one year. I haven't had headaches. My sex drive has been great. I haven't lost or gained weight. Con: Occasionally sex will be uncomfortable. Its not bad enough to switch, because I've had too many problems with other meds.”

Sarahb48044 August 23, 2016

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Azurette 28's since August 7th 2016 and have been experiencing cramps since the 2nd or 3rd day. They go from being mild with little irritation to being severe. I'm having mood swings as well. I've even noticed that I have gained weight. I had a bad migraine headache over the weekend, i felt so terrible I was throwing up and I couldn't lay down because my entire skull felt like it was shattering into a million little pieces. I almost had my husband take me to the emergency room. I was on Lutera a few years ago and I didn't experience any of these symptoms. I'm going to ask my doctor to switch me to that. I would never recommend Azurette to anyone. I only wanted to regain control over my periods otherwise I wouldn't be on bc.”

Ktslr · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill for about 9 months now. I have combination skin and I am prone to acne. I had cleared up and then broke out very badly within the first 3 months until my body got used to it. I now only get a few breakouts a week or so before my period, but they are all cystic acne along my jaw line. I have absolutely no sex drive on this medication, I am constantly always dry now, and my emotions are out of control. I never understood girls when they said they got emotional on their periods, except when I was on this birth control pills. It was bad, like very bad. Like severe fighting with my boyfriend because I would get so heavily emotional and explode. I will be switching birth controls yet again very soon”

Cass01111 July 11, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Azurette for 3 years now and I couldn't of found a better birth control option. It took me maybe a month to get use to but since then I don't ever have any adverse/side effects. The only downside to the pill is on the sugar pill week I tend to be more moody and irritable than normal. However, it has been super effective in preventing pregnant and regulating my normally horrendous periods that I use to have. My periods are much lighter and bearable. I would definitely recommend azurette to someone else.”

SammieB May 30, 2017

For Birth Control: “Love it! Been continuously dosing without breaking for menstruation for almost two years due to extremely difficult/painful menstrual cycles, emotional trouble, etc. This pill smoothed all of that out! Spotting for a few months once going on, but rarely have issues now. Cleared up my skin perfectly. Two down sides: total libido killer (I feel like a robot sometimes), and a bit of weight gain. The weight gain actually didn't happen for the first year, so I'm not totally certain that the pill was the cause. Maybe it was the pill mixed with extremely stressful past 6+ months and overeating from stress. I'll gladly take emotional normalcy and no dependence on painkillers in exchange for the downsides!”

attagirlfromHTX · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2015

For Birth Control: “Hi! I would like to add my experience with taking Azurette. I have taken it for 4 years and it is honestly a great option. I had normal period flows before getting on birth control (7 days), but severe cramps. Azurette completely relieved me of cramps and my periods were lighter (3-4 days). Here's why I can't give it a 10: I do feel more moody - not bursting into tears every other day, but slightly more snappy/angry/sensitive to things that otherwise wouldn't bother me so much. I've had to learn to control that, but it's annoying. Sex drive over time has decreased - but I'm also a lot more stressed since starting my career (I'm 26). Lastly, I decided that worrying about daily pills is also annoying.”

Hoov16x! · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2019

For Birth Control: “I love this pill . I switched from Sprintec which made my stomach hurt and hungry every single time I took it. Azurette gives me zero side effects. My period started like clockwork on the days 24 to 28 with the 4 estrogen only pills. Everyone’s different but this is one I absolutely love.”

Bex7274 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “I love this Azurette birth control so much! I switched from another pill to this one & I only wish I had sooner. I have zero side effects and my period is 3 light days. No weight gain either like my other pill :)”

katchee August 19, 2017

For Birth Control: “Cramps & fatigue were my major issues with this pill. I switched from Orsythia to this after having some breakthrough bleeding on the other pill. I've been taking it for a year and have decided to switch to something else because of the cramping I got even when not on my period. I always felt like I had my period. Had several yeast infections and always felt kind of itchy. It did do a good job of stopping my period because I would take it for 3 months straight with no breakthrough bleeding then have a break. But I'd rather get my period every month than cramp all the time.. my skin did look amazing on this and no weight gain either. Also prevented pregnancy.”

vivak · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2015

For Birth Control: “Was on this for about a year, completely cleared up my premenstrual acne. Normally I would only get a couple pimples before each period but this medication didn't cause any, great clear skin. Normal periods, light to moderate lasting about 5 days. No out of normal weight gain, no headaches or mood swings. I'm only giving it 9 stars because it really dried me out down there, needed lube sometimes. Other than that, I'd recommend it if you have a tendency to get premenstrual acne.”

sfdss October 16, 2015

For Birth Control: “I took Azurette for about 4 years. During the first 3 months I had terrible mood swings and acne. My sex drive also decreased significantly. I didn't experience any weight gain. My periods were light, lasted about 5 days, predictable, and no spotting.”

malamutemom · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 19, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have been on this prescription for 5+ years. I have never had any issues. My pharmacy tried to change to Mylan - Ethinyl Estradiol which made me very moody and anxious. I tried Teva - Kariva and couldn't sleep. I really like Azurette but hear its being discontinued.”

Kelley k · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2016

For Birth Control: “Do not take this pill.”

LMoster · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2017

For Birth Control: “Kept me from getting pregnant and was easy to remember to take because of packaging, but it made me nauseous in the morning for the first couple of months.”

Kk · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “Don’t really have a problem with Azurette honestly I’m more depressed but nothing too serious.”

Hailey · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Birth Control: “On Azurette I had TERRIBLE anxiety!!!! I had 8 day periods with heavy cramps on this birth control. I also broke out. Overall, 3/10 stars.”

More about Azurette (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol)

Other brands