User Reviews for Azurette

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Azurette.

Birth Control
6.9

Summary of Azurette reviews 6.9 18 reviews

Reviews for Azurette

For Birth Control "Pro: I recommend Azurette. I started on birth control after I would get nauseous for two weeks out of every the month. That has been fixed. I've been on other birth controls and say this birth control worked best for me. I've been on it one year. I haven't had headaches. My sex drive has been great. I haven't lost or gained weight. Con: Occasionally sex will be uncomfortable. Its not bad enough to switch, because I've had too many problems with other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Cramps & fatigue were my major issues with this pill. I switched from Orsythia to this after having some breakthrough bleeding on the other pill. I've been taking it for a year and have decided to switch to something else because of the cramping I got even when not on my period. I always felt like I had my period. Had several yeast infections and always felt kind of itchy. It did do a good job of stopping my period because I would take it for 3 months straight with no breakthrough bleeding then have a break. But I'd rather get my period every month than cramp all the time.. my skin did look amazing on this and no weight gain either. Also prevented pregnancy."

katchee August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 9 months now. I have combination skin and I am prone to acne. I had cleared up and then broke out very badly within the first 3 months until my body got used to it. I now only get a few breakouts a week or so before my period, but they are all cystic acne along my jaw line. I have absolutely no sex drive on this medication, I am constantly always dry now, and my emotions are out of control. I never understood girls when they said they got emotional on their periods, except when I was on this birth control pills. It was bad, like very bad. Like severe fighting with my boyfriend because I would get so heavily emotional and explode. I will be switching birth controls yet again very soon"

Ktslr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Azurette for 3 years now and I couldn't of found a better birth control option. It took me maybe a month to get use to but since then I don't ever have any adverse/side effects. The only downside to the pill is on the sugar pill week I tend to be more moody and irritable than normal. However, it has been super effective in preventing pregnant and regulating my normally horrendous periods that I use to have. My periods are much lighter and bearable. I would definitely recommend azurette to someone else."

Cass01111 July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love it! Been continuously dosing without breaking for menstruation for almost two years due to extremely difficult/painful menstrual cycles, emotional trouble, etc. This pill smoothed all of that out! Spotting for a few months once going on, but rarely have issues now. Cleared up my skin perfectly. Two down sides: total libido killer (I feel like a robot sometimes), and a bit of weight gain. The weight gain actually didn't happen for the first year, so I'm not totally certain that the pill was the cause. Maybe it was the pill mixed with extremely stressful past 6+ months and overeating from stress. I'll gladly take emotional normalcy and no dependence on painkillers in exchange for the downsides!"

SammieB May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 years. I switched to this one because my previous ones caused me to gain weight. These pills do not cause me to gain weight and keep my skin flawless. However, I think they recently made a more generic version of the pills and switched packaging and everything and for these last three months I've been loosing my temper and really emotional. I have no sex drive also. I am going to have to switch pills. But for the first few years of my life, they've been good"

Anonymous May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this prescription for 5+ years. I have never had any issues. My pharmacy tried to change to Mylan - Ethinyl Estradiol which made me very moody and anxious. I tried Teva - Kariva and couldn't sleep. I really like Azurette but hear its being discontinued."

malamutemom (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Kept me from getting pregnant and was easy to remember to take because of packaging, but it made me nauseous in the morning for the first couple of months."

LMoster (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost a year now and I have no complaints! Used to have cramps that were so bad I fainted or threw up and it was miserable. Was on Tri-Previfem before this and it was mild and didn't help with cramps that much. This pill is higher in hormones I believe and I actually lost weight when I switched. My only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is I do break out before my period, a bit more than I used to but it's worth feeling so much better."

College student 12345 October 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not take this pill."

Kelley k (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wish I didn't even have to rate this terrible medication. I asked my doctor to put me on a birth control to help with my periods. This birth control has been the absolute worst. I have had every terrible side effect from stomach cramps, severe depression, insane mood swings, nausea, feeling lethargic, I mean...just the worst I've ever felt. And all because of a medication... Yeah, no thanks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Azurette 28's since August 7th 2016 and have been experiencing cramps since the 2nd or 3rd day. They go from being mild with little irritation to being severe. I'm having mood swings as well. I've even noticed that I have gained weight. I had a bad migraine headache over the weekend, i felt so terrible I was throwing up and I couldn't lay down because my entire skull felt like it was shattering into a million little pieces. I almost had my husband take me to the emergency room. I was on Lutera a few years ago and I didn't experience any of these symptoms. I'm going to ask my doctor to switch me to that. I would never recommend Azurette to anyone. I only wanted to regain control over my periods otherwise I wouldn't be on bc."

Sarahb48044 August 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a year, personally, it helped stable my emotions. The pill I was on previously made it so that I was constantly emotional. Sobbing constantly, snappy and always frustrated, plus extremely tired. The only problems I have with Azurette, is that I now have extreme cramps, and I also have issues with my sex drive. My sex drive is super high, but sex is extremely painful if i'm taking my pill."

Kylo Kenzie February 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took Azurette for about 4 years. During the first 3 months I had terrible mood swings and acne. My sex drive also decreased significantly. I didn't experience any weight gain. My periods were light, lasted about 5 days, predictable, and no spotting."

sfdss October 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on this for about a year, completely cleared up my premenstrual acne. Normally I would only get a couple pimples before each period but this medication didn't cause any, great clear skin. Normal periods, light to moderate lasting about 5 days. No out of normal weight gain, no headaches or mood swings. I'm only giving it 9 stars because it really dried me out down there, needed lube sometimes. Other than that, I'd recommend it if you have a tendency to get premenstrual acne."

vivak (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this for 6 months. It does a pretty good job at clearing up my skin but occasionally I get large single zits once in a while. I did not experience any bad moods, fatigue, or weight gain as with other pills so Azurette is the most tolerable pill by far for me. But it causes so much hair loss I need to switch to a different pill."

Square Egg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hi! I would like to add my experience with taking Azurette. I have taken it for 4 years and it is honestly a great option. I had normal period flows before getting on birth control (7 days), but severe cramps. Azurette completely relieved me of cramps and my periods were lighter (3-4 days). Here's why I can't give it a 10: I do feel more moody - not bursting into tears every other day, but slightly more snappy/angry/sensitive to things that otherwise wouldn't bother me so much. I've had to learn to control that, but it's annoying. Sex drive over time has decreased - but I'm also a lot more stressed since starting my career (I'm 26). Lastly, I decided that worrying about daily pills is also annoying."

attagirlfromHTX (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Effective at preventing pregnancy. My skin was perfect on this pill. However, I was very tired, moody, and had increased amounts of discharge which is finally what made my doctor switch me to a new birth control pill. Didn't affect my sex drive though."

Kayday107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2013